PDA

View Full Version : Injury to Aberdeen player Robertson

maturehibby
12-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Was physically lifted off the park when he sustained a bad leg injury and was left to hobble round from behind the goal to the dressing room .
May I ask why the first aid people who were sitting behind the Aberdeen bench made no attempt to assist the trainer in getting the player off his feet and onto a trolley or stretcher .
The fact the player had to get off on his own steam did not appear right to me and could possibly exacerbated the leg injury .
I would not like to have seen any Hibs player being treated the same way at an away ground and feel the St Andrews people should come on and explain themselves as to their inaction .
Perhaps Aberdeen declined to have assistance and in that case I apologise but if not answer please

lEXO
12-02-2012, 04:02 PM
I noticed that at the time and said pretty much the same to my brother. The keeper carried him off the pitch(and gave him a wee kiss) and an Aberdeen sub went round and helped the phsio walk him round. I think it was really up to the physio or bench to ask for a stretcher if they thought it was needed.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Petrie, get it sorted!

Viva_Palmeiras
12-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Did seem odd no stretcher in sight.
Carried off by Brown to warm applause from the Hibees.
Brown even gave the boy a kiss and acknowledged the crowd. Seemed to say something at the end too. Proud to be a fair minded Hibee - at times ;)
Hope the boy is alright didn't catch what happened to him.

givescotlandfreedom
12-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Hibees around me were shouting to the Aberdeen bench/first aiders to help him. He was obviously in agony and couldn't walk an inch.

Famous Fiver
12-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Tin hat on here but in an earlier incident he went down like a ton of bricks feigning injury when a Wotherspoon high boot made no contact whatsoever. Got them a free kick and he got up to lump the ball into the penalty area.

I remarked at the time 'I wonder what he would do if he got a real injury'

I didn't have to wait long to find out.............

What goes round comes round.

Seveno
12-02-2012, 07:12 PM
I couldn't believe what I was seeing - or not seeing. He was clearly badly hurt and in real need of a stretcher.

I hope the lad makes a speedy recovery.

dp00
12-02-2012, 07:25 PM
He was defo in a bit of pain.... Had a good laugh @ the whole being lifted by the goalie and kiss thing tho... Goes to show we all like a bit of a laugh and after all football is just a game

Jonnyboy
12-02-2012, 07:30 PM
It was surely up to the Aberdeen physio to make the call as to whether further assistance was required? Not sure if they have 'radio' contact with the bench but even if not the physio could have easily made the appropriate hand signals to his bench. Nothing to do with Hibs or the first aid folk IMO

BroxburnHibee
12-02-2012, 07:35 PM
It was surely up to the Aberdeen physio to make the call as to whether further assistance was required? Not sure if they have 'radio' contact with the bench but even if not the physio could have easily made the appropriate hand signals to his bench. Nothing to do with Hibs or the first aid folk IMO

Wasn't at the game but I'd imagine there was more than a few hand gestures at the time :tee hee:

Hibby Riki
13-02-2012, 11:10 AM

Nail on the head John

The Aberdeen physio can call on their club doctor or the Para Medics from the Scottish Ambulance Service for assistance if he deems necessary, However the Para Medics nor the First Aider (who are volunteers) are there to assist the public and will not get involved with players or enter the field of play unless specifically asked to do so.

Hibby Riki

Petrie's Tache
13-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Hence the injuries crisis at todders.

maturehibby
13-02-2012, 12:16 PM
That's good to know that if I break a leg at ER while game is going on and a Hibs players also sustains a broken leg at the same time I will be deemed a priority ???.
Also are players not too deemed members of the public and if not they should be carried over the barriers and into the crowd then get treated the same as the rest of us
The chances of a member of the public needing the paramedics is surely less than a player injury .
However if the public are the priority housing them directly above the away team area is wrong and they should be positioned nearer the majority of fans

Hibby Riki
13-02-2012, 12:50 PM
That's good to know that if I break a leg at ER while game is going on and a Hibs players also sustains a broken leg at the same time I will be deemed a priority ???.
Also are players not too deemed members of the public and if not they should be carried over the barriers and into the crowd then get treated the same as the rest of us
The chances of a member of the public needing the paramedics is surely less than a player injury .
However if the public are the priority housing them directly above the away team area is wrong and they should be positioned nearer the majority of fans

Not what i said my friend ... I never said anything about who has priority it was Aberdeen teams physio's call if he asks for assistance he will get it. And with your thoughts regarding who you think may need a Para medic/First Aider more the public or a player you would be suprised how many members of the public require assistance at Easter Road on saturday afternoons.

Hibby Riki

greenlex
14-02-2012, 08:13 AM
When I was a kid and hurt myself my mum always kissed it better. How come the goalies kiss didn't enable the guy to just run it off? They dont make players like they used to,

Phil MaGlass
14-02-2012, 08:28 AM

Its actually not, the amount of folk attending fitba and needing first aid is at times quite alot, folk falling down stairs, spraining ankles/wrists, kids falling, heart attacks (which is a regular thing) the list is endless.