Doherty
Francombe

Stevenson
Claros
Osborne
Soares

Griffiths
Doyle

Some good options off the bench too; OConnor Wotherspoon Sproule Hanlon.

matty_f
12-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Feeling pretty confident with this team a possibility for Sunday:

Stack

Kujabi
McPake
Doherty
Francombe

Stevenson
Claros
Osborne
Soares

Griffiths
Doyle

Would love to see how that team does against Celtc.:agree: Probably our strongest 11.

Craig_HFC
12-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Stack

Francombe Doherty McPake Kujabi

Soares Claros Osbourne Stevenson

Doyle Griffiths

Subs: Brown, Hanlon, Wotherspoon, O'Connor, Sproule, O'Donovan & Stephens.

Col2
12-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Is mcpake not more of a right sided centre half and docherty the same. If not the agree probably our first choice. Only observation would be fitness of Soures esp when Pitbull is still finding fitness and pace of game. Can we risk 2 of 4 midfielders being off pace vs best team in league. Wotherspoon may be an alternative. But its a much better position than 3 weeks ago!

smurf
12-02-2012, 10:35 AM

Stack

Kujabi
McPake
Doherty
Francombe

Stevenson
Claros
Osborne
Soares

Griffiths
Doyle

I would be tempted to sacrifice Doyle for another midfielder in Wotherspoon.

Mikey
12-02-2012, 10:41 AM
I would be tempted to sacrifice Doyle for another midfielder in Wotherspoon.

I'd love to see that team but I reckon he'll go for 4-5-1 too :agree:

smurf
12-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I'd love to see that team but I reckon he'll go for 4-5-1 too :agree:

I know folk will say we should go for the three points but a point next Sunday would be a very good result.

The Yams showed what happens should you play too open against them.... though we are better than them!

I expect a 4-5-1 and the one can't be either of the front two yesterday...

Cocaine&Caviar
12-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Id rather Hanlon at CB and Doherty at RB, nothing bagainst Francomb, but he seems more of an attacking minded player to me.

stokesmessiah
12-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Isn't it remarkable how much of a transformation PF has performed on our squad. Prior to that window you had no idea who was our strongest 11 and everytime i looked at these threads the issues with our squad and reason for our lowly league position was obvious.

As for the team against Celtic...I think the team quoted is a good shout but i have a funny feeling that if soares is fit he might take the place of osbourne.

Stevo1875
12-02-2012, 12:11 PM
I have a feeling PF will select GOC as the target man.

Cant wait to see how PK handles Forrest, who has tormented us on previous occasions this season.

Decent selection problems we have.... :pfgwa

Andy74
12-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Isn't it remarkable how much of a transformation PF has performed on our squad. Prior to that window you had no idea who was our strongest 11 and everytime i looked at these threads the issues with our squad and reason for our lowly league position was obvious.

As for the team against Celtic...I think the team quoted is a good shout but i have a funny feeling that if soares is fit he might take the place of osbourne.

There is no danger Soares will be taking the place of Osbourne.

There's also no chance Francombe will be playing with Hanlon and McPake back.

Seveno
12-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Id rather Hanlon at CB and Doherty at RB, nothing bagainst Francomb, but he seems more of an attacking minded player to me.

I agree. Francombe is going to be a good player, certainly good going forward, but got caught out of position a few times yesterday.

SMAXXA
12-02-2012, 12:30 PM
There is no danger Soares will be taking the place of Osbourne.

There's also no chance Francombe will be playing with Hanlon and McPake back.

I tend to agree with this.

I like the OP team selection and think this may well just be our strongest starting eleven. If Garry returns to form I recon he would come in for Doyle if im honest.

D7 Bohs
12-02-2012, 12:30 PM
I could almost guarantee he'll go 4-5-1. It was the one thing that drove Bohs fans mad during his time here - any game where it seemed like we might be at a disadvantage, he'd put a lone striker up front to chase down loose balls and pack the midfield: did it at Shelbourne before us too. Often he was right, but it could be very frustrating to watch.

Elephant Stone
12-02-2012, 12:35 PM

Stack

Kujabi
McPake
Doherty
Francombe

Stevenson
Claros
Osborne
Soares

Griffiths
Doyle

I'd be happy with that but I'd keep Wotherspoon in ahead of Soares. Never thought I'd see myself writing that but I thought he was really impressive yesterday and would be hard done by to lose his place.

Manxhibs
12-02-2012, 12:52 PM
I'd be happy with that but I'd keep Wotherspoon in ahead of Soares. Never thought I'd see myself writing that but I thought he was really impressive yesterday and would be hard done by to lose his place.

Just watched fenlons post match interview and he said soares won't be fit in time for the game against Celtic. Headache avoided.

number9dream
12-02-2012, 12:53 PM
In the quest for a third consecutive clean sheet, might PF consider five at the back?

Stack
Francomb Doherty McPake Hanlon Kujabi
Wotherspoon Osbourne Claros Stevenson
Lone striker

Northernhibee
12-02-2012, 01:23 PM
I'd be tempted to start with Spoony, thought he was excellent yesterday and now he's getting his confidence back is playing some great balls and having the occasional crack at goal.

This thread also makes me think back to CC's comment after the first derby of the season that his team was "perfect", I'd love to know what he meant by that.

KingFranck
12-02-2012, 03:54 PM
I'd be tempted to start with Spoony, thought he was excellent yesterday and now he's getting his confidence back is playing some great balls and having the occasional crack at goal.

This thread also makes me think back to CC's comment after the first derby of the season that his team was "perfect", I'd love to know what he meant by that.

Spoony would be the first name on the teamsheet for me he was excellent yesterday so he has to keep his place regardless whether Soares is fit or not

SteveHFC
12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Stack

Francomb
Doherty
McPake
Kujabi

Wotherspoon
Osbourne
Claros
Stevenson

Doyle
Griffiths

Subs:
Brown
Hanlon
Booth
Soares
O'Donovan
O'Connor
Sproule/Scott

Sodje_18
12-02-2012, 05:31 PM

Stack

Kujabi
McPake
Doherty
Francombe

Stevenson
Claros
Osborne
Soares

Griffiths
Doyle

That'd be my exact team :agree:

Franck is God
12-02-2012, 09:25 PM
going by the performances I have seen and bearing in mind our opposition on Sunday and the run of results they are on I think Pat may be a bit cautious with his starting line up.

Although I prefer Brown in goals Stack got the nod again yesterday so he must be considered number one, I see the team below starting.

Stack

Doherty---McPake---Hanlon---Kujabi

Claros

Spoony---Soares---Osbourne---Stevenson

O'Connor

Subs

Brown
Francome
Stephens
Scott
O'Donovan
Doyle
Griffiths

Eyrie
12-02-2012, 09:48 PM
If Soares is missing, I'd go for the following

Stack
Doherty-McPake-Hanlon-Kujabi
Francomb-Claros-Osbourne-Stevenson
Griffiths-Doyle

Bench - Brown, Stephens, Booth, Wotherspoon, Sproule, O'Donovan, O'Connor

Room 101 - O'Hanlon.

hibsbollah
12-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Im just watching Celtc look decidedly average against ICT on Sportscene. With the players we have available now I really think we can beat them.

beensaidbefore
12-02-2012, 10:51 PM
I could almost guarantee he'll go 4-5-1. It was the one thing that drove Bohs fans mad during his time here - any game where it seemed like we might be at a disadvantage, he'd put a lone striker up front to chase down loose balls and pack the midfield: did it at Shelbourne before us too. Often he was right, but it could be very frustrating to watch.

Id rather every game between now and the end of the season was a complete bore fest if it meant we got the points we needed to keep us up. If im honest tho, I think we will stay up so hope we start to play attractive winning football. But lets get priorities right, and aim for a clean sheet at the weekend, as God knows the last time we had 3 on the bounce. Would be confidence building for the new defence.

CmoantheHibs
12-02-2012, 11:05 PM
The team Id go for would be Stack
Doherty McPake Hanlon Kujabi

Francomb Osbourne Stevenson Claros Wotherspoon

Griffiths

I think it makes us very solid.We also have the players that are most comfortable with the ball at their feet which I think is important in this game.Well apart from Booth for Wotherspoon possibly but I think it would make us weaker defensively.We would still pose a good threat going forward provided we passed the ball well.Obviously lumping it forward wouldnt work with this team but Id accept it for the last 10 mins whilst we are holding on to our slender advantage:greengrin

Northernhibee
12-02-2012, 11:20 PM
I'd go:

-----------------Stack------------------
Doherty---McPake----Hanlon-------Kujabi
----------------------------------------
Spoony---Stevenson---Ozzy-------Booth
----------------Claros------------------
----------------Sparky-----------------

Could see Claros being very dangerous in an attacking position with his movement and spirit, Booth looked dangerous last time he scored a goal further up the left hand side. Plenty of workrate in the centre with McPake, Stevenson, Ozzy and Claros - think it'd be a goer.

Makaveli
13-02-2012, 12:20 AM
I think Francomb is worth a place, he looks composed and tidy on the ball which is especially important against sides who press like Celtc. If that means leaving Doherty at CH and Hanlon out then so be it.

The_Horde
13-02-2012, 03:37 AM
Stack

Doherty Mcpake Hanlon Kujabi

Francomb Ozzy Dode Lewy Spoony

GOC

Think we'll probably try and frustrate celtic and then bring on some pace later on in the second half through Griffiths, ROD and maybe Ivan.

HH81
13-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Spoony would be the first name on the teamsheet for me he was excellent yesterday so he has to keep his place regardless whether Soares is fit or not

You have to pick your best team. If soars was fit I'd put him in as I don't think Spooky has been good enough times this season.

HibbyRod
13-02-2012, 10:36 AM
You have to pick your best team. If soars was fit I'd put him in as I don't think Spooky has been good enough times this season.

:agree: Aye, he's scared a fair few of us recently!:greengrin