PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray

Cocaine&Caviar
12-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Whens his contract up?

Cant really see any room for him in next seasons squad in a playing capacity...

cabbageandribs1875
12-02-2012, 01:57 AM
this May

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Whens his contract up?

Cant really see any room for him in next seasons squad in a playing capacity...

Considering how many loans we have I don't think we can comment on the quality or quantity of next seasons squad just yet!

WindyMiller
12-02-2012, 09:28 AM
As I understand it, this is Ian's final season and he'll be concentrating on coaching.

1two
12-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I hope he's given a coaching role at the club. Possibly with the U19s

I always thought he was coaching material

Pretty Boy
12-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I'd be surprised if Ian Murray is still playing football next year, even more so of its at Hibs.

Good player but i get the feeling his serious injury problems are catching up with him. He's been working on his coaching badges so would be nice to see him given some role at the club.

silverhibee
12-02-2012, 02:44 PM
As I understand it, this is Ian's final season and he'll be concentrating on coaching.

:agree:

But not at Hibs i hear.

J-C
12-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Nid has arthritis in his hips and plays in constant pain, getting injections on a regular basis, apparently sitting his badges, would be a handy player/coach and used in emergencies.

beensaidbefore
12-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Nid has arthritis in his hips and plays in constant pain, getting injections on a regular basis, apparently sitting his badges, would be a handy player/coach and used in emergencies.

Same as iv heard, from a source close to the horses mouth. I think hes pretty much goosed, and has been for a wee while now. Its a shame, and i think thats been one of the main factors in this being his testimonail season. Hes been a ballboy, a player, and it would be great to see him now become a coach for us too.

But having said that, as Scouse hibby says, lets see what next season brings, as im sure he could do a job in the 1st Div...hope not though, in the nicest possible way!

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2012, 07:33 PM

This was first mentioned several years ago, I never thought he would last as long as he has.

18/03/07
12-02-2012, 08:28 PM
:agree:

But not at hibs i hear.
usa

iain nolan
12-02-2012, 09:15 PM
maybe its time Ian Murray moved on to other club as coach or player.
I see a lot off fans would like him to coach the under 19 team but why the coaches at that level are doing a good job . Its new players that required at the end off the season not new coaches so why go into a already tight budget and pay wages for other coach . Murry already left us to go to the glasgow mob so its time for him to move on again.
unfortanly we keep wanting ex players as managers and coaches with very little reward from them ,
just look at the turn around off managers and coaches off ex players:flag:

SheriffLobo
12-02-2012, 09:27 PM

Why does he get called nid?

beensaidbefore
12-02-2012, 11:11 PM
maybe its time Ian Murray moved on to other club as coach or player.
I see a lot off fans would like him to coach the under 19 team but why the coaches at that level are doing a good job . Its new players that required at the end off the season not new coaches so why go into a already tight budget and pay wages for other coach . Murry already left us to go to the glasgow mob so its time for him to move on again.
unfortanly we keep wanting ex players as managers and coaches with very little reward from them ,
just look at the turn around off managers and coaches off ex players:flag:

Despite that fact, and also the fact that he would have been mental to turn down the offer he got, he is a die hard hibbie and should be offered the opportunity to develop his coaching at the club, albiet on a reduced wage etc.

Haymaker
12-02-2012, 11:20 PM
usa

Would be a very good move... could also push any talent our way too, lots of untapped players out there.

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Despite that fact, and also the fact that he would have been mental to turn down the offer he got, he is a die hard hibbie and should be offered the opportunity to develop his coaching at the club, albiet on a reduced wage etc.

Is he a good coach, and is there a position that needs filled?

silverhibee
13-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Is he a good coach, and is there a position that needs filled?

He will be away at the end of the season BH no coaching role for him at Hibs, maybe a few years down the line we may see him in the Hibs dug-out as our manager, its the Hibs way, or Rods. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-02-2012, 12:45 AM
He will be away at the end of the season BH no coaching role for him at Hibs, maybe a few years down the line we may see him in the Hibs dug-out as our manager, its the Hibs way, or Rods. :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Dunbar Hibee
13-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Was told that IM will be coaching at Hibs in 2 year or so. Different club first though :wink: