PDA

View Full Version : Numpty in famous five upper

dp00
11-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Did anyone notice the guy shouting and swearing constantly the second half , was upsetting the kids around him.

Think he was in row HH seat 72ish (black seats )

Bayern Bru
11-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Rod Petrie's normally very well-behaved...

Sounds like this fella was participating in an act of football-related abuse. No stewards around to tell him to pipe down?

Famous Fiver
11-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Two absolute galoots in th East behind me got tore into both Wotherspoon and O'Hanlon before 90 seconds on the clock.

With supporters like these it's no wonder the players had lost confidence. Ready to whine like jet engines. Twangers like these should go nowhere near Easter Road.

To me it's simple, go along and support your team, otherwise STAY AWAY.

Rant over.

monktonharp
11-02-2012, 10:12 PM
and kids start crying, boo hoo.:rolleyes: imho,the stadium is now big enough to have a section set aside for people that dont want their bairns to hear nasty sweary words.! or gie them a nice furry pair o' ear muffs. what the hell is gonnae be next? I dont go rambling oan about kids munching pizzas/throwing paper all around/encouraging seagulls at half time,needing to go hame if cald,etc. it's a fitba match,people get a bit overexited at times.

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 10:13 PM
and kids start crying, boo hoo.:rolleyes: imho,the stadium is now big enough to have a section set aside for people that dont want their bairns to hear nasty sweary words.! or gie them a nice furry pair o' ear muffs. what the hell is gonnae be next? I dont go rambling oan about kids munching pizzas/throwing paper all around/encouraging seagulls at half time,needing to go hame if cald,etc. it's a fitba match,people get a bit overexited at times.

It's not the swearing that annoys me, it's the constant abuse of our players.

madbadlad
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Almost as bad as the guy in the East shouting "tattie muncher" abuse at any of our players with an Irish name. Do you know ANYTHING about our roots, as well as being racist...?

judas
11-02-2012, 10:23 PM

You're rambling and missing the point.

SloopJB
11-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Almost as bad as the guy in the East shouting "tattie muncher" abuse at any of our players with an Irish name. Do you know ANYTHING about our roots, as well as being racist...?
Probably bought himself a bag of chips on the way home as a reward for being so clever.

Elephant Stone
11-02-2012, 10:27 PM

People like this actually enjoy abusing Hibs players, they'll do it for any reason at all. Bunch of self loathing deviants.

s.a.m
11-02-2012, 10:33 PM
People like this actually enjoy abusing Hibs players, they'll do it for any reason at all. Bunch of self loathing deviants.

:agree:

Iggy Pope
11-02-2012, 10:37 PM

Is this real? Tattie Muncher? Why are any Hibbies in the East tolerating that? He needs emptied.

Onceinawhile
11-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Was on the black seats and didn't hear this guy but there was some old boys giving spoony and Doyle abuse regardless.

sadtom
12-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Is this real? Tattie Muncher? Why are any Hibbies in the East tolerating that? He needs emptied.

Correct. Sounds like this pr*ck got lost on his way tae another ground.
He needs rattled then emptied.
Anyone know where about in the east he's sitting?

TrickyNicky
12-02-2012, 02:04 AM

Row GG - seat #74,

.Sean.
12-02-2012, 02:24 AM
No as much of a numpty as the arse I've put up with all year in the east. A greasy, knuckle-dragging Republican moron who loves referring to Wotherspoon as 'pieces of Scotland *****', a guy who hates all things British and kept referring to the ref as a 'Mason *******.' Me and my dad finally had enough of his crap today and he **** it. Big man my arse. If anyone kens this arsepiece, or if indeed its you, pm me. He's an arse and everyone around us in the east agrees. He's a bigoted prat and thre's nae place for folk like him theses days, he seems to have dragged his laddie up the same way too.

TrickyNicky
12-02-2012, 02:33 AM
No as much of a numpty as the arse I've put up with all year in the east. A greasy, knuckle-dragging Republican moron who loves referring to Wotherspoon as 'pieces of Scotland *****', a guy who hates all things British and kept referring to the ref as a 'Mason *******.' Me and my dad finally had enough of his crap today and he **** it. Big man my arse. If anyone kens this arsepiece, or if indeed its you, pm me. He's an arse and everyone around us in the east agrees. He's a bigoted prat and thre's nae place for folk like him theses days, he seems to have dragged his laddie up the same way too.

It's no me :dunno:, could be monktonharp - he dusnae like bairins eatin pizza, so could quite easily fit the bill!

basehibby
12-02-2012, 02:33 AM

But is the FF not known to be a sort of de facto kids stand anyway :confused: Was like that in the old days as the "seated enclosure" and hasn't changed much IMO- not saying everyone should be like be sitting on their hands but worth remembering folk take their kids there - if you like to F and blind at the football as a rule why not head to more recognised adult mentalist areas - eg the East

judas
12-02-2012, 08:01 AM

Nice one mate. That guy sounds like a prize bell end.

hibsbollah
12-02-2012, 08:12 AM
On 35 minutes yesterday, when we were playing well and had a few excellent passages of play, but the Dons were passing it about in midfield and keeping possesion well, this bellend to my left stood up screaming 'this is ****** Hibs'.

And on the fulltime whistle, amongst the vast majority applauding a decent performance, there was one tube at the bottom of section 43 booing. WTF, as the youngsters say.

Pretty Boy
12-02-2012, 08:27 AM

Guy does sound like a bit of a fud.

Probably right about the referee though.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-02-2012, 10:38 AM

This..

mim
12-02-2012, 10:38 AM
On 35 minutes yesterday, when we were playing well and had a few excellent passages of play, but the Dons were passing it about in midfield and keeping possesion well, this bellend to my left stood up screaming 'this is ****** Hibs'.

And on the fulltime whistle, amongst the vast majority applauding a decent performance, there was one tube at the bottom of section 43 booing. WTF, as the youngsters say.

There was a lot of booing at full time, but it was directed at the 'referree' - the blind man in the middle.

sleeping giant
12-02-2012, 10:39 AM

I can deal with the swearing but i just can't understand why any adult would shout about someone being a "peado" or a "flukin rent boy" or a "flukin beast" when there are loads of young kids in the vicinity.

Guys that do that are complete erseholes i'm sure you'll agree.

Easter road is big enough to have a pen for these erseholes. I think we should go down that route.

Pretty Boy
12-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Folk swear at the football, always have and always will.

I think most parents know this and accept it. I think the point the op is making as we can do without the eejits who give out constant abuse littered with needless swearing for no obvious reason.

People need to remeber the laws of the land still apply inside a football ground. If you stood in the middle of Princes Street randomly abusing people, swearing.and shouting because something annoyed you then you'd be lifted.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-02-2012, 10:47 AM
I can deal with the swearing but i just can't understand why any adult would shout about someone being a "peado" or a "flukin rent boy" or a "flukin beast" when there are loads of young kids in the vicinity.

Easter road is big enough to have a pen for these erseholes. I think we should go down that route.

Deary me Mr Giant, I take it you never frequented the old east terracing when it was standing or in the shed before the seating?

It's a fitba match mate, not a parents school gala...:rolleyes:

sleeping giant
12-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Deary me Mr Giant, I take it you never frequented the old east terracing when it was standing or in the shed before the seating?

It's a fitba match mate, not a parents school gala...:rolleyes:
Yes mate i have frequented both but i certainly would not have taken my kids there. I take my kids to the FF stand. The one that was the Famous five FAMILY stand.
If you are happy with grown men shouting "peado peado" etc infront of your kids then you have a thicker skin than me.
Why any grown man would want to shout these things astounds me.
Complete Neanderthals of the highest order.

Please tell me you are not saying this behavior is acceptable :rolleyes:

SMAXXA
12-02-2012, 11:00 AM

And how would we market this pen? Lol

"Ok sir is it the west, the east, possibly in the singing section or would you like to be in then pen?"

"Eh gee me the seat in the ****ing pen ya daft bitch hore,and make share am nae where near wee stupid ****in bairns anaw, wee annoying cants"

:-)

sleeping giant
12-02-2012, 11:01 AM

Ok sir is it the west, the east, possibly in the singing section or would you like to be in then pen?

"Eh gee me the seat in ****ing pen ya daft bitch hore,and make share am nae where near wee stupid ****in bairns anaw, wee annoying cants"

Sounds like a plan :hilarious

bod
12-02-2012, 11:08 AM

Easter Roads very own "bigman" look forward to the next home game when you do

Don Giovanni
12-02-2012, 11:09 AM

Aye, I heard that as well - and not for the first time this season. Astounding ignorance :bitchy:

Viva_Palmeiras
12-02-2012, 11:22 AM

I agree - I thought the FF was/is the family stand.

I can see it from both sides - I've been an Eastender and now have a 4 yr old son I'd never dream of taking him into the East and if I did I would not expect anything other than rowdiness.

FF is and should be more child friendly. If we can't have that then well drive some
Of the future support away or delay their hibee education. People can agree or disagree with that but bottom line if it hits the club we all suffer.

Here's to a new era where it's about goodfootball and a winning team on the park

Since90+2
12-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Asreholes at a fitbaw game? Really? Would never have thought it :rolleyes:

malcky
12-02-2012, 11:39 AM

But if possible the FF should be the place where you can take your child without it being OTT,we were in the FF upper for 2 years but for various reasons ended up in the west lower which is pretty good.

Lago
12-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Anyon reading this and thinking of going along to ER for the first time will certainly have 2nd thoughts.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Yes mate i have frequented both but i certainly would not have taken my kids there. I take my kids to the FF stand. The one that was the Famous five FAMILY stand.
If you are happy with grown men shouting "peado peado" etc infront of your kids then you have a thicker skin than me.
Why any grown man would want to shout these things astounds me.
Complete Neanderthals of the highest order.

Please tell me you are not saying this behavior is acceptable :rolleyes:

I used to take both my sons up the old north stand at first (and that was no church outing believe me) but when they started going on they're own the old standing east is where they went, and yes sadly today for me is far too PC for my liking, pray don't tell me kids are unfamiliar with what they hear at football grounds, it's heard on the street in school and on TV and DVD and in the news frequently.

And yes growing up in late 50s/60s Leith you needed a skin like a crocodile.

Sorry...

Dashing Bob S
12-02-2012, 01:17 PM
But if possible the FF should be the place where you can take your child without it being OTT,we were in the FF upper for 2 years but for various reasons ended up in the west lower which is pretty good.

Agreed. I'm all for bams at the football being drunk, loud, obnoxious and badly behaved, but keep them in the east and away from the kids in the FF.

Conversely, if you bring kids to the East, accept that you are introducing them to that behavior.

East - nutters, west - toff's, FF - kids, south - trash. Not that hard to grasp and there is plenty of room for them all.

sleeping giant
12-02-2012, 01:19 PM
I used to take both my sons up the old north stand at first (and that was no church outing believe me) but when they started going on they're own the old standing east is where they went, and yes sadly today for me is far too PC for my liking, pray don't tell me kids are unfamiliar with what they hear at football grounds, it's heard on the street in school and on TV and DVD and in the news frequently.

And yes growing up in late 50s/60s Leith you needed a skin like a crocodile.

Sorry...

I'm sure he has heard worse at school from people his own age. Grown men shouting "peado,rent boy,c***" etc when they know full well that there are younger children beside them is far different.

Listen ,i'm not a saint in the slightest. I've been known for the odd expletive to burst out during a match but i try to curtail certain terms when i know there are kids around me. Especially the "paedo" term.

I have no doubt my laddie will go to the East stand soon as he is getting older now and i won't really have a problem with that but i was there with my daughter yesterday and there is also a wee laddie of about 4 infront of me.

If i was going to the football on my own or with mates , i would go to the East Stand. I go to the FF as its marketed to be family orientated. And like i have said before , i'm not bothered so much about the average swearing. Its the vile shouting about adults sexually abusing children when i am sitting there with my children.

My laddie is on his 6th ST in a row so its obviously not stopping him from going but it bothers me.

franks
12-02-2012, 03:02 PM
FF lower is the family stand not the FF upper, concessions for the celtic game coming up are dearer for the FF upper than any other part of the ground. I have a season for FF upper, in saying that there is a kid now sits right behind me and yesterday a small kid sitting right beside (usual occupant wasn't there and must have given there ticket away) me, which did moderate my language somewhat.

silverhibee
12-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Was on the black seats and didn't hear this guy but there was some old boys giving spoony and Doyle abuse regardless.

I have sat next to Jack and Victor a few times this season and they certainly dont like Spoony, had to tell them to shut it one game as they were doing my head in slating the laddie from the first minute to the last.

matty_f
12-02-2012, 03:31 PM
I think folk have a responsibility to moderate their behaviour and language when there are kids in close proximity. I swear at the games, the odd word gets out now and again but it's rare. Yesterday there was a guy in what looked like grey jammies in the west lower with his girlfriend. There were probably four or five kids very close to him and he was giving it all the swear words going. Also kept making the Michael Jackson 'hee-hee' noise which made me think i'd maybe gone back in time to when that was funny and new.

He seemed to hate the West stand as well which made me wonder why on earth he didn't just go to the East.

On the flip side though he appeared to be having a rare old time and to be fair enjoying himself, so I didn't really mind leaving him to it.

silverhibee
12-02-2012, 03:36 PM

"Ok sir is it the west, the east, possibly in the singing section or would you like to be in then pen?"

"Eh gee me the seat in the ****ing pen ya daft bitch hore,and make share am nae where near wee stupid ****in bairns anaw, wee annoying cants"

:faf:

silverhibee
12-02-2012, 03:46 PM
I think folk have a responsibility to moderate their behaviour and language when there are kids in close proximity. I swear at the games, the odd word gets out now and again but it's rare. Yesterday there was a guy in what looked like grey jammies in the west lower with his girlfriend. There were probably four or five kids very close to him and he was giving it all the swear words going. Also kept making the Michael Jackson 'hee-hee' noise which made me think i'd maybe gone back in time to when that was funny and new.

He seemed to hate the West stand as well which made me wonder why on earth he didn't just go to the East.

On the flip side though he appeared to be having a rare old time and to be fair enjoying himself, so I didn't really mind leaving him to it.

Leigh Griffiths. :dunno: :greengrin

cocopops1875
12-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Leigh Griffiths. :dunno: :greengrin

Which girlfriend ?:greengrin

Bostonhibby
12-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Too much of a generality, a bit unfair since most of my best friends are Erseholes, or at least they hang about with erseholes :greengrin

Cropley10
12-02-2012, 05:23 PM

More power to you. Name and shame them.

Hibernia Na Eir
12-02-2012, 05:39 PM
it was Willie Miller

Northernhibee
12-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Heard my first "You're *****, O'Donovan" yesterday.

beensaidbefore
12-02-2012, 06:55 PM

Agree with some of the point, but this happened in the F5 stand. IIRC the Famous 5 has the family section, thus somewhere you could expect no swearing or at least minimal upset to children and families...has this changed? if so, would this not be a good idea to re-introduce a family section.

beensaidbefore
12-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Perhaps it was an extreme case of tourettes??:greengrin

The_Horde
12-02-2012, 06:59 PM

Aahahahahaha! :faf:

A disgrace to humanity, btw.. that wisny his girlfriend.. Nae excuse for the jammies like.

But if you seriously canny handle a bit of swearing at the football just dinny bother going, its part and parcel of the experience. Too many folk taking the moral high ground and not getting involved or others feeling too embarrassed to make a bit of noise because of these people are just a couple of the reasons why the atmosphere at ER is so sh***.

Hibernian, Hibernian.. rah rah rah :singing:

hibee_girl
12-02-2012, 07:01 PM
The folk who sit behind me in the east drive me mad every week, there's always at least one player in the team that they 'cannae stand', the bloke really hates Wotherspoon for some reason, yesterday's comment on him when he went down after a tackle was 'leave him there, we'd be better with 10 men rather than him getting up' :rolleyes:

IIRC I'm sure the east stand was marketed as a family stand when we got our season ticket packages last year

Since90+2
12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
The folk who sit behind me in the east drive me mad every week, there's always at least one player in the team that they 'cannae stand', the bloke really hates Wotherspoon for some reason, yesterday's comment on him when he went down after a tackle was 'leave him there, we'd be better with 10 men rather than him getting up' :rolleyes:

IIRC I'm sure the east stand was marketed as a family stand when we got our season ticket packages last year

Its not and never has been. If Hibs marketed it as one then they have made an error IMO.

matty_f
12-02-2012, 07:14 PM
;3111632']Aahahahahaha! :faf:

A disgrace to humanity, btw.. that wisny his girlfriend.. Nae excuse for the jammies like.

But if you seriously canny handle a bit of swearing at the football just dinny bother going, its part and parcel of the experience. Too many folk taking the moral high ground and not getting involved or others feeling too embarrassed to make a bit of noise because of these people are just a couple of the reasons why the atmosphere at ER is so sh***.

Hibernian, Hibernian.. rah rah rah :singing:

I don't have a problem with swearing - as i said in my post it's not unknown for me to do it, but I also think folk need to be aware of who is around them. If I had an issue with it I'd have had a word but like I said he was enjoying himself so why would I want to pish on his parade? I'm all for folk enjoying themselves at the games. More folk should try it, IMHO.

hibee_girl
12-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Its not and never has been. If Hibs marketed it as one then they have made an error IMO.

I may be wrong, always thought though that's why the FF stand is so empty these days because everyone moved over to the East.

The_Horde
12-02-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't have a problem with swearing - as i said in my post it's not unknown for me to do it, but I also think folk need to be aware of who is around them. If I had an issue with it I'd have had a word but like I said he was enjoying himself so why would I want to pish on his parade? I'm all for folk enjoying themselves at the games. More folk should try it, IMHO.

Fair play.

As long as the girl was well behaved... that's my sister.

Edina Erin
12-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Did anyone notice the guy shouting and swearing constantly the second half , was upsetting the kids around him.

Think he was in row HH seat 72ish (black seats )

He was a few rows further back from HH, because that was the row that I was in, taking my 3 year old son to his first game!

I chose those the black seats as a special treat, and I was going in eyes and ears wide open. I fully expected my wee laddie to hear some words he had never heard before.
There was a couple of guys a few rows back that we're mildly annoying.
One older bloke who said **** every second word, and one other bloke who seemed to be screeching constantly for the last five minutes and went ballistic because an Aberdeen player dared to be injured.
As I say, I don't expect people to be whiter than white - nobody is - but then again, I wouldn't expect a smoker to blow smoke into the face of a pregnant woman ;-)

Nando™
12-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

chamone brother!

Rossco1875
12-02-2012, 08:04 PM
grey trackies and micheal jackson impersonators should be banned from easter road FACT!!!:greengrin

BEEJ
12-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Yesterday there was a guy in what looked like grey jammies in the west lower with his girlfriend. There were probably four or five kids very close to him and he was giving it all the swear words going. Also kept making the Michael Jackson 'hee-hee' noise which made me think i'd maybe gone back in time to when that was funny and new.

;3111632']A disgrace to humanity, btw.. that wisny his girlfriend.. Nae excuse for the jammies like.
His carer?

:dunno:

matty_f
12-02-2012, 08:08 PM
;3111678']Fair play.

As long as the girl was well behaved... that's my sister.

Ha ha! I never heard her at all! Maybe because Bo Selecta was so loud! :greengrin

Russ
12-02-2012, 08:11 PM

I wonder if you have young kids. Youngsters shouldn't be subjected to some of the vile abuse that comes out of the mouths of our so called supporters, especially in the FF, that is where the majority of our youngest fans sit. The stewards should be taking a more active role in policing this, instead of standing around like clowns.

Saorsa
12-02-2012, 08:18 PM
grey trackies and micheal jackson impersonators should be banned from easter road FACT!!!:greengrin:hilarious

The_Horde
12-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

chamone brother!

You are a loud ******* right enough. :agree:

Ha ha! I never heard her at all! Maybe because Bo Selecta was so loud! :greengrin

:greengrin

Nando™
12-02-2012, 08:27 PM
grey trackies and micheal jackson impersonators should be banned from easter road FACT!!!:greengrin

:hilarious

I apologise for nothing.

The_Horde
12-02-2012, 08:29 PM

:agree: :thumbsup:

Guys just lucky GOC (http://www.scotsman.com/news/hibs_star_is_charged_over_elvis_attack_claim_1_102 0878) (click me) never heard him making such a fool of himself, we all know what he thinks of impersonators.

Nando™
12-02-2012, 09:10 PM

I like you Matthew, come with us on our bus to Motherwell :agree::thumbsup:

matty_f
12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
I like you Matthew, come with us on our bus to Motherwell :agree::thumbsup:

So long as i can wear my spiderman jammies and spend the day going "Craaaaaaaiiiig Daaaaviiiid" and "Proper bo!" then I'm in. :greengrin

Nando™
12-02-2012, 09:17 PM
So long as i can wear my spiderman jammies and spend the day going "Craaaaaaaiiiig Daaaaviiiid" and "Proper bo!" then I'm in. :greengrin

MARVEL COMICS GTF TBH.

Batman aye, Superman aye. Spidermother*****er? GTF. DC FOREVER!

matty_f
12-02-2012, 09:19 PM
MARVEL COMICS GTF TBH.

Batman aye, Superman aye. Spidermother*****er? GTF. DC FOREVER!

I'll just drive masel' through then. :agree:

Nando™
12-02-2012, 09:29 PM
I'll just drive masel' through then. :agree:

Yes, we clearly will never get along :agree:

matty_f
12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Yes, we clearly will never get along :agree:

Was gid while it lasted though! :aok:

Jack
13-02-2012, 08:30 AM
I wonder if you have young kids. Youngsters shouldn't be subjected to some of the vile abuse that comes out of the mouths of our so called supporters, especially in the FF, that is where the majority of our youngest fans sit. The stewards should be taking a more active role in policing this, instead of standing around like clowns.

I agree with you.

We should maybe look at the F5 lower as the nursery for young Hibees.

Would anyone swear and scream abuse in a nursery?

If parents don't feel comfortable taking their kids to the match where is the next generation of Hibees going to come from?

marinello59
13-02-2012, 08:43 AM

You are spectacularly missing the point that most parents make on here. My wee lad hears plenty of swear words at Easter Road. (Occasionally from me. I ain't proud.) That's no great problem to most of us. It's the overly aggressive types who think just because it's a football match anything goes and use that as justification to throw out some really vile stuff. A seperate family section won't deal with selfish ***** like that as it should be unacceptable anywhere in the ground. Shouldn't it?

Twa Cairpets
13-02-2012, 09:31 AM

What a spectacularly stupid response.

Are you seriously suggesting that a moronic stream of abuse (whether or not it is is liberally sprinkled with f's and c's) has the same anti-social status as those unforgiveable sins of - wait for it - eating a pizza and not being warm?

It's been said many times on this thread and others - fitba is (or at least should be) a bit about escapism, supporting your team, shouting whatever. What it is not (or at least shouldnt be) is a place where alleged adults park a great swathe of their understanding of what constitiutes vaguely normal behaviour at the turnstile. If you want to be a radge, do it in the radge areas of the ground. Don't assert your "right" to behave like a fanny just because its a football match by going to the family areas of the stadium. Parents take them to that part of the ground in an attempt to be in an atmosphere that is child friendly, and not populated by the chronically inane.

If you are really 58, I would respectively suggest you start acting your age.