PDA

View Full Version : 10,100 - Turning the Corner?

Famous Fiver
11-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Todays attendance was 10,100.

Improvement but to be fair Aberdeen brought a few.

Slowly but surely the crowds are increasing and we are definitely turning the corner.

Keep it up Pat.

hibsbollah
11-02-2012, 09:54 PM
The gaps in the West and the FF were slightly less vast today. Glad to see it.

Bayern Bru
11-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Good grief. I never would've put it that high, but that's good to hear.

Incidentally was the fact that er, George Carlos was starting a factor? :rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
11-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Decent attendance, about 1300 dons though

neilmartinrocks
11-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Good grief. I never would've put it that high, but that's good to hear.

Incidentally was the fact that er, George Carlos was starting a factor? :rolleyes:

maybe aye maybe no or maybe its because P.F. has a put a team worth watching on the pitch.

( Jorge Claros )

Bayern Bru
11-02-2012, 09:59 PM
maybe aye maybe no or maybe its because P.F. has a put a team worth watching on the pitch.

Woosh.

Jonnyboy
11-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Woosh.

:hilarious :aok:

The announcing of George Carlos was embarrassing though :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
11-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Decent crowd. I actually thought around 11,000 and even though we didnt score and the ref was poor it was a pretty decent match and more like that will definately get folk coming back ...... Lets hope.

Bayern Bru
11-02-2012, 10:04 PM

Certainly was, given it was a home match!

Joking aside though, I reckon now that we've brought in a few decent players, attendances will start to creep up. It's (almost) exciting going to Easter Road again, rather than feeling like a punishment!

Jonnyboy
11-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Certainly was, given it was a home match!

Joking aside though, I reckon now that we've brought in a few decent players, attendances will start to creep up. It's (almost) exciting going to Easter Road again, rather than feeling like a punishment!

:agree:

Folk coming back though. Couple of guys behind me were saying to their mate it was their first game for months and they had to keep asking the names of some of the players :greengrin

Albion Hibs
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I thought the increase in numbers was largely down to the very good aberdeen support, must have been about 1200 of them.

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-02-2012, 10:27 PM
The last league game v St Johnstone was 8772, which was 1328 less than todays. If we say Aberdeen had about 1000 more fans than St Johnstone (fair enough :dunno:), the number of Hibs fans was just over 300 more than that game. It's better, but not as impressive as first seemed as obviously more Sheep travelled than Tractor Boys.

mim
11-02-2012, 11:16 PM

Folk coming back though. Couple of guys behind me were saying to their mate it was their first game for months and they had to keep asking the names of some of the players :greengrin

I was there for the first time in months, JC.
I'll be back as well. :flag:

Jonnyboy
11-02-2012, 11:17 PM
I was there for the first time in months, JC.
I'll be back as well. :flag:

:aok:

Liberal Hibby
12-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Hmmm - well the crowd is 1,100 up on the September fixture - but still 2-3k down on what we have typically got v the Dons in recent years.

There's definitely a more positive feel about things at the moment - but it will take at least 18 months of improved performances to get back to the attendances of a few years ago.

SkintHibby
12-02-2012, 05:20 AM

How, what happened?

Baker9
12-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Just watched the HTV highlights and the Pat Fenlon post-match interview. Our troubles are behind us. Totally different class from a few months ago, totally different organisation. I am not getting carried away - we are back. We can expect a competitive side and a strong bench from now till the end of the season and crowds of 12,000+.

Steve20
12-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Just watched the HTV highlights and the Pat Fenlon post-match interview. Our troubles are behind us. Totally different class from a few months ago, totally different organisation. I am not getting carried away - we are back. We can expect a competitive side and a strong bench from now till the end of the season and crowds of 12,000+.

Yes, performances are better but we are not back. Folk getting too carried away.

We need to start winning league games or we will go down. It's all about results at this stage and drawing at home to Aberdeen is two points dropped.

Delboy*
12-02-2012, 10:06 AM
There were a few times when Hibs were pushing that the whole Hibs support were vocal and that was sooo pleasing!

sahib
12-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Yes, performances are better but we are not back. Folk getting too carried away.

We need to start winning league games or we will go down. It's all about results at this stage and drawing at home to Aberdeen is two points dropped.

It has to be rememebered that Calderwood's January signings gave us a similar boost and were mostly enthusiastically reviewed on here. I would, still, prefer Sodjie as a target man before Gary.

We could well be bottom by a couple of points next week. I liked the look of most of the new players but it is early days and personally, I can't distinguish between a good manager with poor results and a bad manager with poor results.

Dashing Bob S
12-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Hmmm - well the crowd is 1,100 up on the September fixture - but still 2-3k down on what we have typically got v the Dons in recent years.

There's definitely a more positive feel about things at the moment - but it will take at least 18 months of improved performances to get back to the attendances of a few years ago.

Agreed. People generally stuck it out when it started to get terrible in the second half of the Hughes era, and the sheer haplessness of Calderwood ground them down. It will take while to build confidence to the level of a few years ago.

Hermit Crab
12-02-2012, 03:53 PM

Remember Aberdeen used to sell out the whole away end 3-4 years ago

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I thought the increase in numbers was largely down to the very good aberdeen support, must have been about 1200 of them.

Still looked like there were more Hibbies in the ground than usual, deffo the spaces in the main stand were slightly less huge than usual, ditto the FF.

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Remember Aberdeen used to sell out the whole away end 3-4 years ago

I must have been asleep during those games. If there have been more than 2,500 sheep inside ER in the last 10 years I'll eat my new replica retro 1950s Hibs shirt.

:greengrin

Albion Hibs
12-02-2012, 05:11 PM
I must have been asleep during those games. If there have been more than 2,500 sheep inside ER in the last 10 years I'll eat my new replica retro 1950s Hibs shirt.

:greengrin

I would agree with that 7-8 years ago I can remember then almost selling out the away end, not as recently as others suggest.

Biggest concern for me was the amount of fans that were leaving the ground at 0-0 wil 5 mins to go....seems like an awful waste of money to me.

Cocaine&Caviar
12-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I would agree with that 7-8 years ago I can remember then almost selling out the away end, not as recently as others suggest.

Biggest concern for me was the amount of fans that were leaving the ground at 0-0 wil 5 mins to go....seems like an awful waste of money to me.

Biggest I can remember

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2012, 05:27 PM

Yeh .... Didnt get that either, it was a decent game and at 0 - 0 anything can still happen. Strange folk IMO.

Having said that the East is a bitch to get out of at full time, you have to start leaving at 85 mins or you will still be there when they turn out the lights.

Albion Hibs
12-02-2012, 05:34 PM

Biggest I can remember

I was thinking back to a game when I think Bobby was in charge we lost 2-1 I think they scored in the last minute and from memory they had the stand top and bottom with bits missing at the sides but was pretty much full. They must have been decent that year!!

Albion Hibs
12-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Yeh .... Didnt get that either, it was a decent game and at 0 - 0 anything can still happen. Strange folk IMO.

Having said that the East is a bitch to get out of at full time, you have to start leaving at 85 mins or you will still be there when they turn out the lights.

I guess I can understand that then, have only had a shot in the east once and it was a cup game so no bother getting out. Would have been a crying shame for them if we had slammed one into the back of the net in time added on....i guess they probably know hibs too well though!

Andy74
12-02-2012, 05:37 PM
How, what happened?

He was announced as George Carlos and that's not his name.

Andy74
12-02-2012, 05:38 PM

Biggest concern for me was the amount of fans that were leaving the ground at 0-0 wil 5 mins to go....seemUs like an awful waste of money to me.
As mentioned half the East empty down to the bottom. Not out the ground. I'm right at the back and if I don't it can be another 15 mins to get out.

Eyrie
12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Sounds like very poor design. What if the East Stand had to be evacuated in an emergency?

matty_f
12-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Sounds like very poor design. What if the East Stand had to be evacuated in an emergency?

People can exit via the pitch trackside and out the corners in the event of an emergency.

silverhibee
12-02-2012, 07:44 PM

I just hope that yesterdays game isn't the one we look back at and say if only we had beat Aberdeen rather than drawing with them.

I said it a few times before the Dons game and it was a must win game for us.

I am still a little worried but the last two performances have gave me some hope that we may stay in the league, but it will be close with the Pars. :cb

wee 162
12-02-2012, 08:03 PM
People can exit via the pitch trackside and out the corners in the event of an emergency.
Not sure how that makes any difference? People still need to get to the trackside and the only way to do that is via the stairways. The problem isn't the entrances, it's the gangways. You'd have to go past an entrance to get to the pitch for about 90% of the seats in the East.

matty_f
12-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Not sure how that makes any difference? People still need to get to the trackside and the only way to do that is via the stairways. The problem isn't the entrances, it's the gangways. You'd have to go past an entrance to get to the pitch for about 90% of the seats in the East.
It makes a difference because the exit is slowed due to the lines bottle-necking to get out the doorways. Being able to exit straight onto the pitchside is much quicker but obviously not practical for using as a standard exit.

green glory
13-02-2012, 11:42 AM
He was announced as George Carlos and that's not his name.

I'm pretty sure Claros himself pronounces it as "Yorge".