PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy

SMAXXA
11-02-2012, 07:59 PM
I thought he was hopeless at times today, infact I dont think hes been that great in the last 3 games. I really like him as a player and think he has lots to offer but dont think we have seen the best of him of late. Onwards and upwards tho big fella.

hibsbollah
11-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Played well last week. He's been our player of the year so far. Was only average today, but lets be honest, hes one of the first names on the teamsheet...

scoopyboy
11-02-2012, 08:54 PM
IMO he plays better in away matches.

Ibrox(1st time), Parkhead and East End Park to name three.

neilmartinrocks
11-02-2012, 08:55 PM
seen better from him but today he was ...... o.k.
no brilliant but no gash either.

SMAXXA
11-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Played well last week. He's been our player of the year so far. Was only average today, but lets be honest, hes one of the first names on the teamsheet...

Totally agree he would be one of my first on the teamsheet aswell, just think he hasnt been as good as the standards he has set, at Dunfy for example, no panic tho as he will rekindle that form I have no doubt.

Imagine a day when we have everyone playing at the top of their game, we maybe will give someone a doing for a change (Mind id take 1 nils all the way from here on in if it means we pick up 3 points).

EasterRoad4Ever
11-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Good player struggling to get back up to racing speed following injury. With Claros (or is it Carlos, DJ?) and better defenders I expect him to be a key player for Hibs in the run in.

AlbertK86
11-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Couldn't make game today but listened online
BBC commentator reckoned he was having a great game.
I thought he did pretty well last week but looks as if he ha more to come. Hoping him and Jorge can get us ticking in the coming weeks

CmoantheHibs
11-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Never really worked for him today but wasnt due to lack of effort.Sometimes just doesnt happen for you like today but felt he did well last week apart from sitting too deep in the 2nd half.

smurf
11-02-2012, 09:12 PM
He's capable of much better. A very good player who we really need to find form!

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-02-2012, 09:14 PM
i thought he was ok today. He is allowed the odd " off day", cos he has had a good few " on days".

Hibs7
11-02-2012, 09:19 PM
I was there and he was a disaster, couldn't control the ball at his feet and missed a sitter, was another Konte today !!!!!!

Albion Hibs
11-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I thought he played alright today. He is now playing higher up the pitch and more central so it is going to be harder for him. He is a very good player for us IMO, he seemed to spend a lot of today organising Claros which may have taken its toll on his own game, a bit more time training and playing as a settled midfield (and of course teaching Claros what "man on" means!!) and I am sure we will see much more from him.

He would be in my starting midfield every week no doubt.

Seveno
11-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Lots of talent but disappears out of the game too often.

Wotherspiniesta
11-02-2012, 10:31 PM
What is it with some fans on here? We just love a good player bashing don't we.

Ozzy's probably been our player of the season so far. He had a bit of an off day, big deal.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-02-2012, 11:02 PM
The laddie is a player.

Everyones allowed on off day or two.

hibee_girl
11-02-2012, 11:04 PM
I thought he slowed play down a lot but he wasn't 'awful'

fat freddy
11-02-2012, 11:31 PM
i cant believe what im reading...he won balls today that he had no right to win and his effort was first rate...i had no complaints about his performance today and i saw it as a continuation of his good form since arriving at the club...there really is no pleasing some people..

Hibs7
11-02-2012, 11:32 PM
If his performance today was acceptable then god help us !!!

fat freddy
11-02-2012, 11:37 PM
there is no god only black emptiness

TornadoHibby
11-02-2012, 11:46 PM
I was there and he was a disaster, couldn't control the ball at his feet and missed a sitter, was another Konte today !!!!!!

He was never as bad today as you suggest mate!

You sure you were at the game today?

fat freddy
11-02-2012, 11:53 PM
he clearly wasn't

Hibs7
12-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Oh yes I was and oh yes he was.

SMAXXA
12-02-2012, 09:41 AM
What is it with some fans on here? We just love a good player bashing don't we.

Ozzy's probably been our player of the season so far. He had a bit of an off day, big deal.

If this is directed at me I don't see in any way where have been "player bashing" here. I feel he didn't have that good a game and stated as much, however I don't see that as "player bashing"?

So when players don't play as well as they could I'm not allowed to say so? FWIW its partly due to the high standards Ozzy has set so far.

I thought he was poor yest, not as bad the week before and poor against the huns.

Or in the interests of not "player bashing" he's been great all 3.

Juice-Terry
12-02-2012, 10:02 AM
I too think Ozzy was poor yesterday - and he was poor against Killie too. Granted, he works hard and is great at breaking up play/winning balls, but he's not at all convincing going forward. Same with Stevenson I think...lots of effort (put in one helluva shift yesterday), but dodgy going forward. Hopefully our central midfield will be sorted when Claros gets fully match fit and settles in. Onward and upward indeed! 'Mon the Cabage!

lucky
12-02-2012, 10:22 AM
He was nowhere near as bad as some are making out. Yes he has had better games but overall he contributed to a decent team performance

Wotherspiniesta
12-02-2012, 11:10 AM
If this is directed at me I don't see in any way where have been "player bashing" here. I feel he didn't have that good a game and stated as much, however I don't see that as "player bashing"?

So when players don't play as well as they could I'm not allowed to say so? FWIW its partly due to the high standards Ozzy has set so far.

I thought he was poor yest, not as bad the week before and poor against the huns.

Or in the interests of not "player bashing" he's been great all 3.

Maybe its just testament to how good he's been so far that someone can describe his performance yestertday as "hopeless"

hibsbollah
12-02-2012, 01:43 PM
I too think Ozzy was poor yesterday - and he was poor against Killie too. Granted, he works hard and is great at breaking up play/winning balls, but he's not at all convincing going forward. Same with Stevenson I think...lots of effort (put in one helluva shift yesterday), but dodgy going forward. Hopefully our central midfield will be sorted when Claros gets fully match fit and settles in. Onward and upward indeed! 'Mon the Cabage!

If you look at the player ratings after the Killie match you'll find you are in the minority with that vuew. Osbourne got 7 or 8 out of 10 by most folk and was our best midfielder, as hes been most of the season.

Vini1875
12-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Don't get it with this guy. He is not for me I don't see what others see in him, certainly not one of the first on my team sheet. He seems slow to think, react and move. Certainly has some nice touches now and then, but Iam looking for more than a nice touch a few times in a game. Emporers new clothes for me, people seeing what they want to see.

frazeHFC
12-02-2012, 02:05 PM

:rotflmao: :top marks

matty_f
12-02-2012, 02:22 PM
I thought he was all over the place to begin with but improved as the game went on. Ozzy is about the only decent thing CC did.

Macaroon
13-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Oh yes I was and oh yes he was.

Im sitting here wondering what sort of players you expect Hibs to have :confused:

Best player of this season so far.. Was by no means awful, wasn't amazing but cant remember him doing anything that provoked me to think he was having a very bad game.

Andy74
13-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Maybe its just testament to how good he's been so far that someone can describe his performance yestertday as "hopeless"

Boozy used to get this too when he wasn't taking ten players on and doing tricks the whole game.

Ozzy is a fantastic player and whilst he did nothing brilliant on Saturday he was still easily above the general standard of midfeld player we've seen around ER recently.

I think we must just get used to good players like this doing the simple things very well and then if they aren't doiung something different all the time they are playing badly.

Hibs7
13-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Just watched the highlights and it would have been easier or him to score than hit the keeper, but he managed it !!!!!
The penalty claim was definitely hand ball and both the famous five crowd and Hibs players called for it. Yet the beeb say it was a Hibs player WTF. "!!!!!!

Broken Gnome
13-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Always think the thing with Ozzy is that his style doesn't quite seem to match with what's going on in his head, he seems to want to do things fluidly but his legginess gets in the way.

He's still a good clever player though. Quite a bit didn't go right for him on Saturday, but for the rest of the season the centre midfield won't be and shouldn't be anything other than him and Claros. He's one of the few players we own that could be worth a bit of money.