PDA

View Full Version : Spoony

marleyhib
11-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Though he was great today. He can be a top player with a decent team around him.

All hail Kujabi mind you

Wotherspiniesta
11-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Done very well today :agree:

Unlucky not to score aswell. Keep it up D! :aok:

SMAXXA
11-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Though he was great today. He can be a top player with a decent team around him.

All hail Kujabi mind you

I must have been watching a different game to you then, no way was he great today, would go as far as even saying he was pretty poor :confused:.....Again!

Kujabi had another impressive game again top marks!

greenlex
11-02-2012, 07:30 PM
I must have been watching a different game to you then, no way was he great today, would go as far as even saying he was pretty poor :confused:.....Again!

Spoony had a slow start but came into the game as it went on. He was not poor at all.

SMAXXA
11-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Spoony had a slow start but came into the game as it went on. He was not poor at all.

He's playing right midfield yet he has no pace to be able to go past a man, at least with Lewis he never stopped running all day and worked his sopcks off, Spoony didnt and seldome does IMO. Am no saying he was terrible I just didnt think he was that good at all, had a decent shot in the first half tho.

malcky
11-02-2012, 07:47 PM

Thought he was good today looked more confident and lasted the game unlike last week.

smurf
11-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Did well today I thought.

500miles
11-02-2012, 07:50 PM
He played well this week and last week. He's beating his man very regularly these days, but still has a habit of being over- elaborate. He doesn't panic, but he doesn't have natural urgency. Hopefully, this relegation battle will condition that into him, because he is technically very able.

MotherSuperior
11-02-2012, 07:52 PM
He's playing right midfield yet he has no pace to be able to go past a man, at least with Lewis he never stopped running all day and worked his sopcks off, Spoony didnt and seldome does IMO. Am no saying he was terrible I just didnt think he was that good at all, had a decent shot in the first half tho.

He beat his man on numerous occasions, and also set up our best chance of the game for ozzy. He's got got plenty skill and ability, and i also thought he had a really good game today.

hibsbollah
11-02-2012, 07:53 PM
I also thought he played well today.

With Soares looking like the likely first choice at RMF and Claros and Ozzie in the middle, he might be battling with Lewis for the last midfield slot. He might have to be content with a place on the bench which is a good sign we have some depth at last.

Jonnyboy
11-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Spoony had a decent game but this thread and the player ratings one highlight the fact that we don't all see eye to eye on performances. On the ratings thread Lewis got the same mark as O'Connor from one poster - I rest my case

SMAXXA
11-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Spoony had a decent game but this thread and the player ratings one highlight the fact that we don't all see eye to eye on performances. On the ratings thread Lewis got the same mark as O'Connor from one poster - I rest my case

:agree: That is true Jonnyboy, guess we all see things differently.

As for the Lewis and O'Connor comment :faf:, eh I would disagree with that poster.

Albion Hibs
11-02-2012, 10:36 PM
I am not a fan of wotherspoon, but credit where credit is due, I thought he played well today. Like a lot of our wider players he seems to want to beat a player more than once when he should just be getting the ball in the box. He was pretty unlucky not to score in the first half and it would have been a great goal, like all of our midfielders they need to get there names on the score sheet more often. If he can play like he played today more consistantly I am sure he can achieve that.

Andy74
11-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Played well to a point but needs to be more direct. Should also have crossed first half to Doyke when he shot from the angle instead.

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-02-2012, 10:52 PM
One of his better games IMO.

Hibs7
11-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Different people different views, was reasonable but not up to the standard he was a few seasons ago, still has potential to be a very good player.

Saorsa
11-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Thought the lad did ok today and will improve with a good manager and the right players around him.

Steven_Hibs
12-02-2012, 01:29 PM
IMO he was very poor, his first touch was shocking. Claros played a great pass to him and he mucked about with it, he just doesn't look a footballer to me

stanton10
12-02-2012, 06:06 PM
IMO he was very poor, his first touch was shocking. Claros played a great pass to him and he mucked about with it, he just doesn't look a footballer to me

I agree again he gets chance after chance not a player for me but some fans will disagree,

matty_f
12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
I thought he played better than he has done all season. Very unlucky not to score and looked far more involved and interested.