PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths

Westie1875
11-02-2012, 06:14 PM
We have really missed him the last few games IMO, looking forward to him being back in the team next week. No more gestures please Leigh, we need you on the park.

Pretty Boy
11-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Agreed.

Him and Doyle together is something I'd like to see again.

Hopefully he's learned his lesson at the 3rd time of asking.

East Coast Hibe
11-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Seen him in the Lower West today with his bird. Think he was giving someone the two finger salute right enough :greengrin

We missed him today right enough. GOC and Doyle have no pace, and poor movement

Mikey
11-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Is he back next week or still banned?

Westie1875
11-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Is he back next week or still banned?

Should be back, missed 2 league games and the cup game.

Hibby 2005
11-02-2012, 06:59 PM
He's our best forward by a mile.

O'Connor quite clearly has other things on his mind.

Albion Hibs
11-02-2012, 07:01 PM
I think he would have done well in todays game, a lot of balls getting thown into the box, cant help think with the stength of his movement he may have made that little difference. Would like to see him and O'Connor up front.

Jonnyboy
11-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Seen him in the Lower West today with his bird. Think he was giving someone the two finger salute right enough :greengrin

We missed him today right enough. GOC and Doyle have no pace, and poor movement

GOC no pace and movement but whilst Doyle ain't the fastest his movement is really good IMO :agree:

SMAXXA
11-02-2012, 11:23 PM
GOC no pace and movement but whilst Doyle ain't the fastest his movement is really good IMO :agree:

I agree and not to mention GOC's inability to take a decent first touch and hold a ball up, Doyle does give some excellent movement and works hard, and if you watch him he makes some intelligent runs and gets into some good positions. No the quickest tho I agrfee.

BTW I thought O'Dononan looked pretty quick when he came on, done pretty well I though.

Saorsa
11-02-2012, 11:53 PM

We missed him today right enough. GOC and Doyle have no pace, and poor movement Griffiths should come in next week for O'Connor, O'Connor has offered little or nothing in the last three weeks that I've seen. Doyle may be a little lightweight (certainly something that cannae be said about GOC) and maybe no the fastest but I think Doyle offers good movement and should partner Sparky next week.

Hibs7
11-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Needs to screw the nut, good player in there but brain out of synch at times.

silverhibee
12-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Will Griffiths walk straight back in to the team though, maybe Fenlon is still pissed of with Leigh for getting suspended for so many games and feels he needs to learn to behave himself before he gets to start games again, if he doesn't start against celtc then he only has himself to blame.

Hibs7
12-02-2012, 12:03 AM

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Will Griffiths walk straight back in to the team though, maybe Fenlon is still pissed of with Leigh for getting suspended for so many games and feels he needs to learn to behave himself before he gets to start games again, if he doesn't start against celtc then he only has himself to blame.

Fenlon might be still piseed off with Griffiths, but Hibs need Griffiths back in the team. We've done great defensively to only concede one goal in last 2 games, but we've only scored 1 goal in those two games, we desperately need goals in our team. I think to keep Leigh out of the Hibs team would be cutting off our noses to spite our face. We need him back there.

lucky
12-02-2012, 08:41 AM
He will be on the bench next week. Doyle has very good movement and a good first touch. GoC is all over the place at the moment. His fitness is only worse than his first touch

Aldo
12-02-2012, 08:56 AM

I would say yes.... Apart from his moments of madness... He was showing signs of what he is capable of... That with his hard work chasing and harrying gives and offers loads more than GOC.

We will need that next week against Smellic.

hibsbollah
12-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Three obvious changes for next week which will make our first eleven pretty strong;

McPake for O'Hanlon
Soares for Spoony (although TBF hes playing better)
and Griffiths for O'Connor.

We'll give Celtc a game.

Jim44
12-02-2012, 09:54 AM

:agree: The concern is however that his spontaneous, reflex reaction to being goaded by both sets of supporters might prove too difficult to control. There's an easy solution to the problem with our own fans but he'll now be an easy target for opposition fans.

bigwheel
12-02-2012, 10:02 AM
He will be on the bench next week. Doyle has very good movement and a good first touch. GoC is all over the place at the moment. His fitness is only worse than his first touch

Good first touch?? Not from what I've seen...needs to work on that...

lord bunberry
12-02-2012, 10:15 AM
It has to be goc next week with griffiths Doyle is to lightweight and was no threat whatsoever yesterday he needs to get himself into the gym. We need to go with the best we have got next week and love him or hate him goc is a better player at this stage than Doyle. I also thought o'donovan looked good yesterday

silverhibee
12-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Three obvious changes for next week which will make our first eleven pretty strong;

McPake for O'Hanlon
Soares for Spoony (although TBF hes playing better)
and Griffiths for O'Connor.

We'll give Celtc a game.

Cant see Gaz being dropped for next week against celtc, probaly unfairly it will be Doyle who will drop out if Griffiths is to come straight back in to the team.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-02-2012, 02:58 PM
We'll give Celtc a game.

I hope you are right, a quick glance at the league table would suggest otherwise though.