PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

hibsbollah
11-02-2012, 05:59 PM
We were the better team and the gradual improvement continues. The game for me was all about another central defensive masterclass from a player in a green and white shirt.

Stack 6 Some excellent long clearances today, spoiled by a potentially disastrous refusal to come for the ball with O'Hanlon that could have cost us.

Kujabi 8 Tremendous.
Docherty 10 Just as faultless and dominant as McPake was against Killie. Top class throughout. Any chance of McPake and Docherty as CB partners?
O'Hanlon 4 Shaky as usual.
Francombe 7 Some very decent distribution and dangerous crosses. Seemed to struggle against his opposite number 2nd half.

Stevenson 8 His best game for a while. Played in a more advanced role and put some excellent through balls in.
Wotherspoon 7 Played well again.
Claros 7 Not match fit which is hardly surprising given he hasnt played in so long. But two or three wonderful wee touches gave a sneak preview of his quality.
Osborne 6 Not his usual high standard.

Doyle 5 Gave a lot of possession away.
O'Connor 5 Better than last week but still not nearly good enough.

I enjoyed the game,Aberdeen played their part and looked a very decent side. The atmosphere was also good, probably because of that disgrace of a referee who seemed to fire everyone up with a sense of injustice. The Sunshine rendition on 85 minutes was the best id heard from the East in quite a while:flag:

Elephant Stone
11-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Stack 6

Francomb 6
O'Hanlon 4
Doherty 9
Kujabi 7

Stevenson 8
Claros 6
Osbourne 3
Wotherspoon 7. Best I've seen him play in a long, long time.

O'Connor 2
Doyle 5

Hibs90
11-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Stack 6

Kujabi 8 Love this guy
Docherty 9 Never put a foot wrong. Great player.
O'Hanlon 4 Go away please.
Francombe 7 Decent.

Stevenson 7.5 Looking good these days
Wotherspoon 7 Played well
Claros 6 Can't wait to see more of him
Osborne 6 Was average.

Doyle 5 Looked lost. High balls weren't helping him though.
O'Connor 4 Dis-interested. Lazy. I'd be happy to see him go tbh.

hibee_girl
11-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Stack 6 - didn't have a great deal to do

Francomb 7 - a proper RB, did very well
O'Hanlon 6 - don't actually think he did a lot wrong today, wasn't his best game but it certainly wasn't his worst
Doherty 9 - didn't put a foot wrong
Kujabi 8 - great game, he's something special

Stevenson 9 - outstanding today, great runs, fantastic balls into the box, great link up play with Kujabi
Claros 6 - the game passed him by at times but you can tell the boy has class
Osbourne 5 - thought he slowed the game down an awful lot today
Wotherspoon 7 - best game from him in a long time

O'Connor 4 - better than last week but still not good enough. On paper he is our best player but in reality he's the worst one on the pitch
Doyle 6 - worked hard

Shrekko
11-02-2012, 06:29 PM
We were the better team and the gradual improvement continues. The game for me was all about another central defensive masterclass from a player in a green and white shirt.

Stack 6 Some excellent long clearances today, spoiled by a potentially disastrous refusal to come for the ball with O'Hanlon that could have cost us.

Kujabi 8 Tremendous.
Docherty 10 Just as faultless and dominant as McPake was against Killie. Top class throughout. Any chance of McPake and Docherty as CB partners?
O'Hanlon 4 Shaky as usual.
Francombe 7 Some very decent distribution and dangerous crosses. Seemed to struggle against his opposite number 2nd half.

Stevenson 8 His best game for a while. Played in a more advanced role and put some excellent through balls in.
Wotherspoon 7 Played well again

Claros 7 Not match fit which is hardly surprising given he hasnt played in so long. But two or three wonderful wee touches gave a sneak preview of his quality.
Osborne 6 Not his usual high standard.

Doyle 5 Gave a lot of possession away.
O'Connor 5 Better than last week but still not nearly good enough.

I enjoyed the game,Aberdeen played their part and looked a very decent side. The atmosphere was also good, probably because of that disgrace of a referee who seemed to fire everyone up with a sense of injustice. The Sunshine rendition on 85 minutes was the best id heard from the East in quite a while:flag:

Good news Hibsbollah- you and I were a the same game this week! Agree with all the ratings and comments.

Albion Hibs
11-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Stack 6 - Did not have a great deal to do, good save in the first when the ball landed at the feet on one of the aberdeen players

Francomb 5 - Delivery was poor, but worked hard and got up and down the pitch
O'Hanlon 6 - Cant understand the poor marks from others, dont think he did anything wrong. Considering the size of the Aberdeen CF I thought he played well.
Doherty 8 - MOM for me, played very well, kept it simple
Kujabi 7 - some great deliveries and looked like all he wanted to do was attack, looks like a decent signing.

Stevenson 7 - Played really well, worked harder than anyone on the pitch, some great deliveries into the box.
Claros 5 - Decent debut and looks like there is plenty more to come from him.
Osbourne 5 - Lost the ball a few times but always wanted it tried to get the team going forward
Wotherspoon 7. Best I've seen him play in a long, long time, was unlucky with his shot in the first.

O'Connor 5 - Not the best but worked harder than he has in weeks.
Doyle 5 - Tried but nothing really came off.

I thought overall a draw may have been fair, we perhaps just shaded it. I thought at times we passed the ball really well / quickly and looked dangerous. Some good deliveries from wide areas we just need someone to get on the end of it.

The ref and the linesman in front of the west were terrible. I hope those in charge of the league drop this guy down a division he is rank and spoilt the game with some of his gash decisions.

Much better from hibs, would have preferred to not be playing celtic next week a team further down the league may have allowed us to get even more of a consistancy going.

Hibby 2005
11-02-2012, 06:32 PM
No mention of the one and only sub?

Booth out of the picture?

ozzie
11-02-2012, 06:37 PM
i am by no means ohanlons biggest fan but did he not clear the ball when (from the famous five stand ) it looked net bound? if so surely he deserves some credit. shakey at times but by no means his worst game.

seven nowt
11-02-2012, 07:03 PM
Stack 5 - Kept a clean sheet due to the lack of Aberdeen chances, saved the easy shots and flapped at a corner

Docherty 10 - Outstanding today, was great against Kilmarnock - better today
O'Hanlon 4 - Disappointing, panicky in possession, poor long balls too.
Francombe 6 - Had quite a solid game
Kujabi 8 - Exciting player, played great again

Stevenson 6 - Was not bad, but needs to toughen up, tried his best as usual.
Wotherspoon 7 - Looks a much better players with professionals around him.
Claros 6 - Maybe not 100% fit but still was nothing as good as I expected although he looked like he could settle in and play well.
Osbourne 6 - Drove forward well, done his bit.

Doyle 6 - Looked good but didn't link well with O'Connor
O'Connor 6 -Tried to hold the ball up, a few decent passes.

O'Donovan 3 - Not much time, but looked attack-minded.

Mark79
11-02-2012, 10:26 PM
i am by no means ohanlons biggest fan but did he not clear the ball when (from the famous five stand ) it looked net bound? if so surely he deserves some credit. shakey at times but by no means his worst game.

Truly honking footballer in my opinion. Had a chance to impress today and didn't so gladly see him moved on at the end of the season. He to me is optimises everything that was wrong with the clueless colin era. He was the "big" strong centre half we needed.

Albion Hibs
11-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Truly honking footballer in my opinion. Had a chance to impress today and didn't so gladly see him moved on at the end of the season. He to me is optimises everything that was wrong with the clueless colin era. He was the "big" strong centre half we needed.

He kept a clean sheet, cleared one off the line and almost scored in the first half.....he was not that bad was he?!

woody47
11-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Stack 6 - Nothing special although scary moment when he completely missed a cross.

Kujabi 8 Solid as the proverbial
Docherty 9 Superb.
O'Hanlon 4 How anyone thinks this guy is a football player is beyond me.
Francombe 7 Pretty solid.

Stevenson 8 Has been playing out of his socks for sometime now and it's about these so called fans got off his back!
Wotherspoon 7 Some great touches. Looks like confidence is starting to come back again. Just needs to concentrate a bit more
Claros 6 Looks so awkward but there is a player in there. him
Osborne 6 Average.

Doyle 5 Good running but what is the point of the high ball to him?
O'Connor 4 Just doesn't have his head totally screwed on at present - court cases??????

O'Donavan - 4 Did more in the last 20 minutes than O'Connor did the whole game

Ref 0 - Absolute disgrace that we have to pay imposters like this clown

c31
11-02-2012, 10:34 PM
O'Hanlon I thought he was ok, did what was required and made good headers, tackles etc.. It seems our support alway have to have a fall guy.
More worrying is the lack of fitness by one of our younger players, hopefully the new manager can get him working on that for next season

Hibs7
11-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Stack... a vampire scared of crosses should have picked more balls out of the air, we really need a commanding keeper.
Francome... did very well would like to see him signed.
Doherty... different class, can read a game.
O'Hanlon.... a liability
Kujabi... brilliant
Wotherspoon... jury still out.
Claros... needs time to adapt, a player there.
Stevenson... getting better every game, love his effort and enthusiasm.9/10
Osbourne... an off day ... I hope !!!
O'Connor ...???? What has happened ???
Doyle... full of enthusiasm, but needs to be tougher.
O'donovan... like his pace, needs more game time, could be effective.
PF, like his ideas and style, can see what is needed, needs a little bit of luck and Griffiths to screw the nut and show what he is capable of.

Northernhibee
11-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Stack - 6

Kujabi - 8, Looks a real player with real promise.
O'Hanlon - 6, One of his best games.
Doherty- 9, Fantatic, rock solid.
Francombe - 6, Not entirely convinced by him yet but I think he'll prove me wrong intime.

Stevenson - 8, Doesn't do anything fancy but his sheer workrate makes him a menace.
Ozzy - 7, composed as ever.
Claros - 7, clearly not match fit but constantly getting himself into good spaces.
Wotherspoon - 7, beginning to show sparks of his original form for us.

O'Connor - 2, A wage thief of the highest order.
Doyle - 5, ineffective but was as good as forced to play lone striker, which he isn't.

CmoantheHibs
11-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Stack 5 Never had much to do but flapped at a cross and was indecisive on a couple of occasions which caused a few flutters.
Francomb 6 Got roasted a few times in 1st half but much tighter in 2nd half.
Doherty 9 Another superb performance.
OHanlon 6 Looked nervy but did what he needed to for the most part.Distribution was poor though and should have scored early on.
Kujabi 8 This guy loves to play for Hibs.You can see it in how he plays.Cult hero in the making.
Wotherspoon 7 Had a good game.Still seems a bit short on confidence but today will have helped him.
Osbourne 6 Tried hard but it just didnt happen for him today.
Claros 6 Struggled a bit with the pace but did enough to show he is going to be a good player.
Stevenson 8 Gave his all.Some fantastic balls into the box and linked things up well
OConnor 4 Made some good runs 1st half without reward and did more that last week but appeared lazy,lacking confidence and contributed little.
Doyle 6 Chased down everything and makes good runs though a little lightweight at times.

mim
11-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Stack - 6 - 1 smart save and one bad mistake with a cross.

Francombe - 6, Good first half, but struggled a bit second half.
O'Hanlon - 4, Positionally poor and lacks the pace to compensate.
Doherty- 9, Brilliant anticipation means he is alsways in the right place, terrific game.
Kujabi - 7, Defended well and exciting going forward.

Wotherspoon - 7, Grafted away for 90 minutes and confidence seems to be returning.
Ozzy - 7, could become a player, needs to simplify things a bit.
Claros - 9, superb debut. always available to receive the ball, excellent passing and good tackling.
Stevenson - 7, see Spoony.

O'Connor - 3, not much happenening for him just now. Other things on his mind??
Doyle - 6, good movement and running, needed closer support. Tired noticeably.

Sub:
O'Donovan - 4 contributed more than O'Connor in his short appearance.

Hibs7
12-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Claros 9..... WTF he didn't do much wrong but did not impose himself on the game, felt he was restraining himself until he finds out who he is playing with, not a bad day but definitely not a 9 !!!!

CallumLaidlaw
12-02-2012, 12:41 AM
All I'll say is I was extremely impressed with Doherty, Stevenson and Kujabi today. And also I thought Doyles movement was superb. Claros looks quality but needs to catch up to the pace of the spl.

Expecting Rain
12-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Embarrasing some of the comments attributed to O`Connor, without his contribution we might already be resigned to relegation, football is a team game and his efforts have been more than helpful in our present predicament, to suggest that he is lazy is unbelievable, he may not be scoring goals or lacking a better first touch but he still affects the game and forces defenders to be defenders rather than playmakers from the back, give the guy the respect he deserves.

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Embarrasing some of the comments attributed to O`Connor, without his contribution we might already be resigned to relegation, football is a team game and his efforts have been more than helpful in our present predicament, to suggest that he is lazy is unbelievable, he may not be scoring goals or lacking a better first touch but he still affects the game and forces defenders to be defenders rather than playmakers from the back, give the guy the respect he deserves.

O'Connor's goals from earlier on in the season deserve a 9 or 10, but nae offence, he has been terrible in recent weeks and deserve's his lowly scores. :rolleyes:

sparkiedelpaco7
12-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Stack - 7 - Comfortable for most of the game except for a few occasions where he should have been quicker off his line

Francomb - 7 - Played Well
Doherty - 8 - Keeps everything simple and does it well
O'Hanlon - 4 - Continually puts us in to trouble by not being able to clear a ball
Kubaji - 7 - Solid again and good going forward

Wotherspoon - 7 - tried hard but it didnt always come off
Ozzy - 4 - Gave away the ball all game long
Claros - 6 - Sturdy but not match fit. will do better once he gets to know his team
Stevenson - 6 - his usual terrible in the first half but played alot better in the 2nd. still think people get carried away by him when brings very little to the table.

Doyle - 6 - Wasnt his greatest game but he will play better alongside Leigh
O'Connor - 5 - Nothing was sticking but created a couple of gd chances.

Subs

O'Donovan - 6 - Chased everything well and will continue to grow with time

Referee - (-10) - Had an absolute Mare!!!!!

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Stack - 6 - 1 smart save and one bad mistake with a cross.

Francombe - 6, Good first half, but struggled a bit second half.
O'Hanlon - 4, Positionally poor and lacks the pace to compensate.
Doherty- 9, Brilliant anticipation means he is alsways in the right place, terrific game.
Kujabi - 7, Defended well and exciting going forward.

Wotherspoon - 7, Grafted away for 90 minutes and confidence seems to be returning.
Ozzy - 7, could become a player, needs to simplify things a bit.
Claros - 9, superb debut. always available to receive the ball, excellent passing and good tackling.
Stevenson - 7, see Spoony.

O'Connor - 3, not much happenening for him just now. Other things on his mind??
Doyle - 6, good movement and running, needed closer support. Tired noticeably.

Sub:
O'Donovan - 4 contributed more than O'Connor in his short appearance.

Fair comment on balance!

Berwickhibby
12-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Stack - 6 - Comfortable for most of the game except for a few occasions where he should have been quicker off his line did not have a lot to do.

Francomb - 7 - Played Well, kept things nice and simple.
Doherty - 9 - He looks a great defender and reads the game so well MOM
O'Hanlon - 6- Worked hard, but he does get drawn out of position to easily.
Kubaji - 8- Solid again and gets me on my feet when going forward

Wotherspoon - 7 - played a lot better - best game for him for a while
Ozzy - 5 - Not his best game, slows the midfield down at time.... but his is a quality player
Claros - 6 - Not match fit. will do better once he gets to know his team reasonable debut
Stevenson - 8 - Great performance..... work ethic and application...... best game for a long time

Doyle - 6 - Wasnt his greatest game but he will play better
O'Connor - 5 - Something not clicking right with Garry..... but we know what he can do

Subs

O'Donovan - 6 - Chased everything and tried to get involved..... needs a bit more game time.

Referee - (-10) - Needs to go to spec savers..... Clueless!!!!!

Expecting Rain
12-02-2012, 11:11 AM
O'Connor's goals from earlier on in the season deserve a 9 or 10, but nae offence, he has been terrible in recent weeks and deserve's his lowly scores. :rolleyes:

No offence taking my friend, what is annoying is the accusation that he is lazy, the two forwards have the thankless task of running back and forward trying to close down the opposition back four, he`d still be a first pick for me, two lightweight strikers would play into the hands of most back fours. The low ratings don`t bother me, he had a poor game but in my opinion he still affected the game. Hibs are still trying to bed in a new team and i`m pretty sure with a bit more continuity the rythym, shape and energy of the team will improve and we`ll have O`Connor back to doing what he does best.

HFC 0-7
12-02-2012, 11:26 AM
No offence taking my friend, what is annoying is the accusation that he is lazy, the two forwards have the thankless task of running back and forward trying to close down the opposition back four, he`d still be a first pick for me, two lightweight strikers would play into the hands of most back fours. The low ratings don`t bother me, he had a poor game but in my opinion he still affected the game. Hibs are still trying to bed in a new team and i`m pretty sure with a bit more continuity the rythym, shape and energy of the team will improve and we`ll have O`Connor back to doing what he does best.

His touch and control are shocking just now, he doesnt influence the game at all IMO and he is looking overweight. In the second half he looked very laboured when running, Doyle had far better movement than him. yesterday GOC didnt win much in the air, couldnt control anything and bring anyone into the game. Doesnt matter what he done for Hibs at the start of the season IMO, its all about whats happening now. IMO he shouldnt be getting a game because he was good at the start of the season. A guy behind me had quite a few folk in stitches, and agreeing when he said that GOC is reminding him more and more each game of Nade.

Future17
12-02-2012, 04:08 PM

Are you by any chance the gentleman sat near the front of the East yesterday who ejaculated when Claros made a 4-yard pass?

It was obviously only his first game and I hope there is more to come from him, but if Stevenson had played yesterday as Claros did, some folk on here would be giving him 5s or 6s.

There is an element amongst the Hibs support who see a foreign name, read a few positive media comments and think a player can do no wrong. If they gave our homegrown players the same support on a Saturday we'd be reaping the benefits on the pitch.

P.S. - Sliding into challenges at EVERY opportunity does not neccesarily constitute "good tackling".

Elephant Stone
12-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Are you by any chance the gentleman sat near the front of the East yesterday who ejaculated when Claros made a 4-yard pass?

It was obviously only his first game and I hope there is more to come from him, but if Stevenson had played yesterday as Claros did, some folk on here would be giving him 5s or 6s.

There is an element amongst the Hibs support who see a foreign name, read a few positive media comments and think a player can do no wrong. If they gave our homegrown players the same support on a Saturday we'd be reaping the benefits on the pitch.

:tee hee:

Claros was fine, he had a few nice touches but also a couple of really miss-timed tackles. If he'd come with a bad write up from previous fans and he hadn't been pinched from the huns you can guarantee he'd be getting less generous ratings. I'm sure we'll see some genuine 9/10 performances when he adapts to our game though.

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2012, 05:22 PM
I cant understand anyone giving O'Conner the same mark as Doyle? And why Doyle was taken off before O'Conner was baffling, unless it was because he was injured, or knackered because of all the running he did for 2?

Shrekko
12-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Embarrasing some of the comments attributed to O`Connor, without his contribution we might already be resigned to relegation

Always been a supporter and defender of big Garry but the truth is that the only thing 'embarrassing' thing is the state he's got himself in and the way he is playing.

Quite what his previous form has to do with how people are rating his recent performances is beyond me.

At the start of the campaign he looked a level above SPL and now he's struggling to justify being picked for the team that's 2nd bottom. I hope he can get is sorted as it's a total waste.

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Always been a supporter and defender of big Garry but the truth is that the only thing 'embarrassing' thing is the state he's got himself in and the way he is playing.

Quite what his previous form has to do with how people are rating his recent performances is beyond me.

At the start of the campaign he looked a level above SPL and now he's struggling to justify being picked for the team that's 2nd bottom. I hope he can get is sorted as it's a total waste.

I agree with that 100%

ancient hibee
12-02-2012, 08:33 PM
I think O'Connor tries hard but is so unfit it's affecting his whole game.Doyle made some lovely runs wide taking defenders with him and leaving holes in the middle of their defence just crying out for a through ball -unfortunately O'Connor was seldom able to make a run and the opportunity was wasted.This caused our midfield to dwell on the ball and be caught in possession.

PaulSmith
12-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I think an eager Ross Caldwell would be a better option that O'Connor, although I do believe that we'll see Griffith's back in the team for this weekend

TrinityHibs
12-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Worth going just to watch Kujabi. Great enthusiasm, wins balls in the air he shouldnt, got a good touch and drives forward. Also plays well with Lewis. My MOM by a long way for entertainment

Booked4Being-Ugly
12-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Worth going just to watch Kujabi. Great enthusiasm, wins balls in the air he shouldnt, got a good touch and drives forward. Also plays well with Lewis. My MOM by a long way for entertainmentMine as well. He was brilliant again yesterday and is always looking to drive forward, comfortable on the ball and can play a bit.

He was constantly fouled yesterday by the dons players and the tool of a referee never gave him any protection, but i must say he's deceptively solid.