PDA

View Full Version : We were missing a certain...

Hibs90
11-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Derek Riordan today :greengrin:agree:

CallumLaidlaw
11-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Where?? We had 10 hard working players out there. We are ready carrying o Connor. Can't afford another. I'd say we're missing griffiths

col02
11-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Where?? We had 10 hard working players out there. We are ready carrying o Connor. Can't afford another. I'd say we're missing griffiths

I totally agree! His movement will give the midfield more options for forward passes.

hibbill2002
11-02-2012, 05:05 PM

Jimmy O'Rourke tae:rolleyes:

WindyMiller
11-02-2012, 05:08 PM
I totally agree! His movement will give the midfield more options for forward passes.

:agree:

I feel we might have been better taking off GO and playing with Doyle and O' Donovan. We were always going to struggle against their big defenders, but 2 guys with a bit of pace but have had more success.

East Coast Hibe
11-02-2012, 05:10 PM
I also agree that GOC should have been hooked today. I think he has been a great servant to hibs, but he simply is not offering anything at the moment ?

Elephant Stone
11-02-2012, 05:14 PM

Spot on.

keep the faith
11-02-2012, 05:36 PM
I think we have moved on from DR. Great team performance today. GOC put a shift in today and is getting there. I'm happy with garry Doyle and sparky. Odonnovan looked Sharp too and lightening fast. Deeks has been a Hibs hero but its a new era now IMO.

steakbake
11-02-2012, 05:57 PM

He wasn't at the races. Time for him to be shelved for a while and try something different. A meter off the pace, at best.

Wotherspiniesta
11-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Piss poor attempt at getting a 4 pager IMO.

Irrelevant nonsense :greengrin:agree:

givescotlandfreedom
11-02-2012, 06:20 PM
We were missing Leigh Griffiths today.

Hibby 2005
11-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Doyle and Griffiths with OC and Sproule on the bench.

Times have changed!

Andy74
11-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Doyle was unlucky to go off. Garry O was awful again.

silverhibee
11-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Piss poor attempt at getting a 4 pager IMO.

Irrelevant nonsense :greengrin:agree:

The last one only made two pages. :greengrin

jdships
11-02-2012, 07:00 PM

Yeah he was sorely missed for his hanging about doing nothing :greengrin:wink:
Yesterdays man - " gone but not forgotten " end of :rolleyes:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-02-2012, 07:25 PM
The GOC situation is a strange one. On the one hand we hear that PF takes no sh*t from no one and that he is the man in charge. So that is what you want in a manager. But, GOC can't be keeping his shirt on merit. That is not a credible suggestion.

Lang Toun Hibs
11-02-2012, 07:36 PM
I think we have moved on from DR. Great team performance today. GOC put a shift in today and is getting there. I'm happy with garry Doyle and sparky. Odonnovan looked Sharp too and lightening fast. Deeks has been a Hibs hero but its a new era now IMO.

If this is true his era is over way too soon. How old is he? He has so much too offer yet. If he is available and affordable he should always be welcome home.

madabouthibs
11-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I reckon PF is trying to give Garry O as much game time as possible. He needs it.
He looked slighty sharper today, although tired early, again. He's also ditched the St. Tropez, which is good! :greengrin

Aldo
11-02-2012, 07:46 PM
We were missing Leigh Griffiths today.

Agreed. Before his ban and especially in recent weeks thought LG was excellent....... Work rate etc as well as chipping in with goals. GOC take a look

tamig
11-02-2012, 07:53 PM
If this is true his era is over way too soon. How old is he? He has so much too offer yet. If he is available and affordable he should always be welcome home.
So why did he not offer anything in the second half of last season then?

CmoantheHibs
11-02-2012, 07:59 PM
DR isnt at Hibs so its irrelevant but I dont think he would have made a positive contribution to the team performance.As mentioned by others I do think GOC is contributing very little.Didnt understand why Doyle and not GOC went off.Perhaps because Doyle was tired from having to do almost all the harrying of the defence.I think with both Griffiths and Doyle both harrying defences we will reap the benefits.They also both make clever runs and I think Leigh will score a lot of goals in the new look team.Time for GOC to take a seat on the bench until he rediscovers his hunger and confidence.

shagpile
12-02-2012, 08:08 AM
He wasn't at the races. Time for him to be shelved for a while and try something different. A meter off the pace, at best.

He did run out of gas quite early too.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2012, 08:37 AM

Yeah, Broony, Fletcher and Murphy could have done a job too :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
12-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Fletcher could have done a job too :rolleyes:

Surely not, only one good foot, wage thief etc etc :greengrin:

steakbake
12-02-2012, 10:45 AM
He did run out of gas quite early too.

Yep missed a vital spark. needs to make a measurable improvement I reckon.

silverhibee
12-02-2012, 03:22 PM
So why did he not offer anything in the second half of last season then?

Maybe a dip in form, playing in a poor team, or something else all together, who knows, it happens to players, a couple that spring to mind are Torres and Carrol who have been poor for over a year now.

There was not a lot to cheer about in the last six months of last season and it wasn't all Deeks fault, if i remember correctly he didn't play that many games from January to the end of the season, lucky for us Sodge stepped in and got a few goals, but in all the poor stuff i remember in the last few months Deek brought the biggest cheer from the fans at a night game against St Mirren i think, ER went mental that night when Deek scored for us.

I have said on a number of occasions that he didn't have the best of times since January last season, but thats all i hear now, nothing about the 104 goals and round about fifty assists for the club, POTY awards, umpteen MOTM awards and did he not get three or four POTM awards on the trot for Hibs, his only disapointment would be that he has never won a cup medal for the team he supports while he played for them.

Lets be honest, apart from Sodge and Booth, nobody else offered anything in the second half of last season, still. he ended up top goal scorer and sure he got goal of the season too.

Lets hope our new No 10 does even better than the last player to wear that special top with 10 on the back of it. :aok: