PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson

thebausburst
11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Have to say I thought he was immense today, what an effort he put in - well done son!:thumbsup:

WindyMiller
11-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Have to say I thought he was immense today, what an effort he put in - well done son!:thumbsup:

Agree.:agree:

:aok: Lewis.

col02
11-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Mr Consistancy ever since Fenlon has been boss! A player I have always liked and am starting to see some improvement in his movement off the ball and passing range very pleased for the player that he has found a boss who has confidence in him!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Great performance again from the wee felly :agree:

HibbyAndy
11-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Brilliant again Lewis :aok:

Seveno
11-02-2012, 04:57 PM
I can't believe that there are still people who doubt him. Another greaat performance today. Hibs class ? Definitely. :aok:

booshsutton
11-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Is it just me or has Stevenson flourished the two times we have had a proper manager at the club? He broke through and looked like a superstar in the making under Collins and now under Pat (and to a lesser extent at the very end of the CC era) he has been one of our top/most consistent performers. With proper training he seems to flourish, which I would argue he has only had under JC & PF. Hibs never looked fit under Mixu, Yogi and Calderwood & he struggled/floundered after a bright start. With good coaching and hard work he has made himself indispensable to the team.

Well done Lewis, I'd sign him up for the next few seasons on current form :top marks

CallumLaidlaw
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Outstanding today. Waltzed past a few players, some lovely passes, and he's just looking better and better at the minute. I had completely written him off 6 months ago

soupy
11-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Agree with everyone here, well done lewis....

SteveHFC
11-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Best player on the park. Give him a new deal.

hibee_girl
11-02-2012, 05:01 PM
He was brilliant today, he linked up really well with Kujabi :agree:

...WentToMowAnSPL
11-02-2012, 05:06 PM

He was outstanding today put a huge shift in, thought O'Connor let him do all his running for him but Lewis's effort was 100%

Haymaker
11-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Is it just me or has Stevenson flourished the two times we have had a proper manager at the club? He broke through and looked like a superstar in the making under Collins and now under Pat (and to a lesser extent at the very end of the CC era) he has been one of our top/most consistent performers. With proper training he seems to flourish, which I would argue he has only had under JC & PF. Hibs never looked fit under Mixu, Yogi and Calderwood & he struggled/floundered after a bright start. With good coaching and hard work he has made himself indispensable to the team.

Well done Lewis, I'd sign him up for the next few seasons on current form :top marks

Agreed, looks like a player who thrives when challenged

Twiglet
11-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Yup, totally agree. I was quite happy that Stevenson was given an extra year as I truely thought there was a player in there. Once again he put in a good show. I never realised he could run that fast until I saw him make some runs in the 2nd half.
I know 1 person who'll be in pain about this. He used to post on here as el presidente. If you see him this weekend ask his thoughts on lewis. It'll be my 1st question to him when i see him at work on monday morning. :)

lucky
11-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Played well again. There were several on here that had him dropped from the team for Claros. Stevenson has been our best player this season.

KingFranck
11-02-2012, 05:59 PM

Yep has developed a good partnership with Pa down the left well done Lewis keep up the good workrate lad

jon paul jones
11-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Delighted for Lewis.

He's taken criticism for poor performances in the last 18 months and I am very happy there are other Hibees out there who value him as much as me. When he plays well in a good team, I see Lewis somehow staying the Cabbage for a very long time. Already the longest serving player at the club apparently. Always good for a 20+-1 punt for first goal as he's due to hit the net sometime this century.

machibby
11-02-2012, 06:20 PM
My pick for MOM closely followed by Doc. Just thought he excelled in everything he did and his work rate was outstanding. He has overwhelmingly answered his critics and gives his all for the club. Can only get better as his confidence grows.

Golden Bear
11-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Simply brilliant Lewis.

Hibby 2005
11-02-2012, 06:42 PM
I guess that's why Booth's on the bench?

down-the-slope
11-02-2012, 06:47 PM

indeed young lady you are correct :agree: very promising duo up the left

PS...if we could bottle his drive and comittment...we could inject GOC with a large dose

Hibby Bairn
11-02-2012, 06:51 PM
And now he has had a good run of games he is now much fitter and able to last a full 90 mins comfortably. Although that is also maybe to do with the fact that we are getting fitter as a team collectively through doing proper, intense training.

Hibby 2005
11-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Stevenson is a good defensive player but how do you fit in Booth who offers far more in attack?

DaveF
11-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Stevenson is a good defensive player but how do you fit in Booth who offers far more in attack?

In our current situation, we don't.

Stevenson was excellent (again) today and ahead of Booth in the pecking order.

Hibby 2005
11-02-2012, 07:13 PM
In our current situation, we don't.

Stevenson was excellent (again) today and ahead of Booth in the pecking order.

Fair enough, but at some point we'll need goals.

tamig
11-02-2012, 07:17 PM

As I've said before, Lewis seems to respond to hard taskmaster type bosses. He was outstanding today. Hopefully he can make that left midfield position his own. He link up tremendously with Kujabi. Long may it continue.

CmoantheHibs
11-02-2012, 07:18 PM
He had a good game today and was certainly one of our better players.He doesnt hide,puts in a shift and is consistent.A couple of his balls from out wide into the box were superb and deserved someone to finish them off.I do think he needs to become more aware of how games are develloping and how to influence/change them but its all part of his devellopment.

marleyhib
11-02-2012, 07:20 PM

Definitely played 110% today - not usually a fan but impressed by his comittment. Bottom line tho he isn't good enough.

Hibby 2005
11-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Attacking left midfield should be Booth, defensive midfield should be Stevenson, conondrum?

One at home, one away?

SMAXXA
11-02-2012, 07:26 PM
I agree he had a really good game today well done Lewis. Whats happening here, I have been critical of Hanlon and Lewis over the last wee while and Hanlon last week and now Lewis showing well today, im so glad to see this. I just hope these arnt flash in the pan performances and they can do this on a regular basis.

Well done LS keep it up.

aljo7-0
11-02-2012, 07:29 PM
:agree: Had a great game. Must have covered miles and made some great chases going forward in the second half. I definitely had Ozzy as our most consitent player this year but over the last few weeks I'm note sure that it's not actually been Lewis

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Delighted for Lewis.

He's taken criticism for poor performances in the last 18 months and I am very happy there are other Hibees out there who value him as much as me. When he plays well in a good team, I see Lewis somehow staying the Cabbage for a very long time. Already the longest serving player at the club apparently. Always good for a 20+-1 punt for first goal as he's due to hit the net sometime this century.

Without hijacking the thread I find it hard to see somebody who was Tommy Craig's glove puppet and who brought 'Ivan Sproule on a motorbike' to the club as his marquee signing, as anything other than the start of unfortunate managerial appointments we've had since Mowbray.

It's a good point however that LS does seem to respond to no-nonsense sorts who appreciate his work ethic - they really seem to boost his confidence.

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Whoops sorry, replied to wrong poster. This iPhone...one can't get staff these days.

Iggy Pope
11-02-2012, 07:42 PM

Made his debut under Mowbray. Fact.

And delighted to see him getting the recognition he deserves.
Young PoY at the club before now (twice I think?) and a stick on for PoY at this rate.

500miles
11-02-2012, 07:46 PM
I feel sorry for Lewis - he is only getting recognised for being a hard working defensive sort. Quite frankly, his ability to deliver the ball from the left hand side is as good as Murphy's was, and that, for me, really shone through today. Now he is playing with the confidence to take his man on - and he's coming away with the ball. If he can continue to deliver today's quality of performance, he is a real asset.

Seveno
11-02-2012, 07:49 PM

I think perhaps it is because PF knows a good player when he sees one. A player will both skill and commitment. He then shows faith in them and builds their confidence.

I think we'll see the same level of improvement showing through with Spoony.

weedgiehibbie
11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Thought Stevenson once again put in a very good performance.

Left midfield may not be his best position perhaps especially when having to become a left winger but he impressed me today - prime example when someone - cant remember who - played a hopeful ball forward down the left wing towards the corner flag where his sheer dertermination got him the right back to win it off him and play a good ball into the box.

Another wee point i though when the teams lined up was that him as left midfield with Kujabo as left back was that that me be a good partnership with Kujabi flying up the wing Stevenson can easily drop back and cover if and when needed.

once again Lewis wel done 10/10 for commintment and effort :agree:

Jonnyboy
11-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Definitely played 110% today - not usually a fan but impressed by his comittment. Bottom line tho he isn't good enough.

Harsh. Maybe if he plays the next 400 games getting man of the match you might relent? :wink:

HibbyAndy
11-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Im led to believe Dundee utd and St.johnstone are both chasing LS signature in the summer when he is out of contract.Over to you Pat.

Gala Foxes
11-02-2012, 09:03 PM
outstanding - chased every ball, great commitment

Saorsa
11-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Thought the wee guy was good again today, really came on tae a game since Fenlon arrived, has been well worth his place in the team.

I have the same hopes for Spoony (who was also decent today) with a decent manager in charge and decent players around tae bring him on.

Hibs7
11-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Has shown why he is still at Hibs, had a great game today, show's what a good manager can get from him, mom for me today. Well done Lewis.

sesoim
11-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Fair enough, but at some point we'll need goals.

:agree: Booth would be a MUCH bigger threat if he was on the left wing - and he'd set up/supply a lot more goals. Stevenson has certainly improved lately, but he did next to nothing for four and three quarter years and it's about bloody time!

We need players in midfield who can win games for us, either through creating or scoring goals, and frankly our win ratio in games Stevenson has played over the years for us is abysmal.

Baldy Foghorn
11-02-2012, 11:56 PM
What a shift he put in.....he was outstanding IMO

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 12:00 AM

Always gives 100% effort & commitment every game and I bet he sleeps well tonight after a great effort today!

I like Lewis and feel he gets very unfairly treated on here by more than a few!:confused:

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 12:02 AM
:agree: Booth would be a MUCH bigger threat if he was on the left wing - and he'd set up/supply a lot more goals. Stevenson has certainly improved lately, but he did next to nothing for four and three quarter years and it's about bloody time!

We need players in midfield who can win games for us, either through creating or scoring goals, and frankly our win ratio in games Stevenson has played over the years for us is abysmal.

..........and is all that down to Lewis then!?:confused:

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-02-2012, 12:03 AM
Lewis Stevenson has been the best one of the best Hibs player in recent times. :agree:

matty_f
12-02-2012, 12:06 AM
What a shift he put in.....he was outstanding IMO

Totally agree. I was worried when I saw his name for the left midfield position because I didn't think he'd do that well there, despite him being outstanding in the centre of the park recently. Absolutely delighted I got that wrong, he was terrific again today. He's like a totally different player under Fenlon.

Definitely worth a new contract and probably one of the first names down on the teamsheet on merit these days.

:top marks Lewis.

Big90inOz
12-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Could it be Lewis has either

A. been given more freedom
B. Lewis has a lot more faith in the players around to both cover his back and be able to find him when he moves into space.

Either way he has been getting better and better lately :agree:

hibee81
12-02-2012, 07:48 AM

he done enough to stay in the squad through four different managers must be saying something given some that weve released, imo stevenson has always had the ability and i for one have always rated him highly, maybe thats just my view on him as a player and reckon that the crap that gets spouted about win ratio's when he is in the team is balls. our win ratio with boozy in the team wasnt that great but was he a waste of a shirt aswell????, some people dont have a clue.

hibee_girl
12-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't understand how anyone who watched yesterday's game can say Lewis offers nothing going forward

Seveno
12-02-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't understand how anyone who watched yesterday's game can say Lewis offers nothing going forward

It's simple. Too many people made their mind up on some past performances and can't move on from that. There's nane as blind that cannae see.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2012, 12:02 PM
I thought that wee lewis would miss the boat because of his willingness to adapt coupled with previous managers' obsession with playing people out of position. But right now, he is playing in a role that may have naturally fallen for him had he not been given prescriptive instruction before. Based on how he is playing just now, could we afford to bring in better? We have a better back four and we are being cagey in defensive midfield with holding roles. If we find a right full back to match the tenacity of our new left back, we will need players like Lewis to cover in behind.

sleeping giant
12-02-2012, 12:06 PM
He's been very decent for some time now. One stray pass and folk are on his back.

I like the guy. Hope he gets a new contract.

CallumLaidlaw
12-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm quite happy to admit, a few months ago I said that Lewis was dreadful, had never progressed and simply wasn't good enough. His performances recently have completely turned me around and I hope he gets a new contract.

Littlest Hobo
12-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Same as the poster above, I've slagged the wee man off a few times but his performaces of late have been pretty decent. My MOM yesterday.

keep the faith
12-02-2012, 12:21 PM
We need to sort out Lewis on a new contract right away. To allow him to slip out of contract would be careless in the extreme. Fittest player at ER. Rarely gives the ball away, good in the tackle and always gives 100%. Hugely important player in a new Fenlon Hibs squad.

Seriously, we need to get him signed pronto.

archiebald
12-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Coming up fast on the rails for player of the year

Golden Bear
12-02-2012, 12:44 PM

Nope - I just don't understand your viewpoint.

For a start the ratio arguement is total nonsense as the greatest player in the world would have a poor winning ratio if his teammates were lets say, less than competent. Added to the fact that Booth is untried at SPL level other than in the full back position, then you can't say for certain that he would be a success.

And in any case Stevenson should be the first man on the teamsheet on account of his recent performances.

RIP
12-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Future Club Captain

Shrekko
12-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Stevenson deserves a lot of credit for his form in the past couple of months. He has ranged between decent to very good which is a massive improvement on his body of work in the 3/4 years previous.

Let's bring some realism to the debate here though.

Firstly he really needs to keep it going. I've never seen a Hibs player who has such praise lavished on him for a few good games.

That brings me to the next point- I've never heard such nonsense from people who claim he has somehow been a victim of the boo boys. RUBBISH. Lewis has disappointed for several years and it's natural the fans will express disappointment but he has been treated MUCH better than other players who have played at the same level.

Before talk of bumper contracts, captaincy and Player of the Year, let's just hope he and THE TEAM continue to progress to the extent that we're still in the SPL.

Seveno
12-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Stevenson deserves a lot of credit for his form in the past couple of months. He has ranged between decent to very good which is a massive improvement on his body of work in the 3/4 years previous.

Let's bring some realism to the debate here though.

Firstly he really needs to keep it going. I've never seen a Hibs player who has such praise lavished on him for a few good games.

That brings me to the next point- I've never heard such nonsense from people who claim he has somehow been a victim of the boo boys. RUBBISH. Lewis has disappointed for several years and it's natural the fans will express disappointment but he has been treated MUCH better than other players who have played at the same level.

Before talk of bumper contracts, captaincy and Player of the Year, let's just hope he and THE TEAM continue to progress to the extent that we're still in the SPL.

It's quite a bit more than a 'few' games. He's been playing well since PF came in. A combination of continuity of position, clearly defined role and the confidence of his manager has meant that he is playing to his potential.

blackpoolhibs
12-02-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm happy he's at last started to give decent performances regularly, he was very poor in my opinion for long enough. I still dont think he will command a place when we are at full strength. He always gives his all, and gives more than some. This season he's been good, he's deserving of a place in this team, long may it continue.

I still believe if we are to progress into a team that fights for 4th place consistantly, we will need better than Lewis, but we will also need better than others too.

Winston Ingram
12-02-2012, 04:59 PM

POTY so far for me.

Excellent again. Great to see him get a run in the team. It's amazing what can happen when a a player has the belief of his manager:aok:

Love the Green
12-02-2012, 05:02 PM
POTY so far for me.

Excellent again. Great to see him get a run in the team. It's amazing what can happen when a a player has the belief of his manager:aok:

:aok: will be even better with the influx of new players as he will not need to do other players jobs.

"keep the faith"

Rossco1875
12-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Future Club Captain

was asking myself this yesterday why he wasent captain:confused:

Seveno
12-02-2012, 07:15 PM
was asking myself this yesterday why he wasent captain:confused:

Clearly the responsibility of being captain is weighing heavily on Gaz. Or is it something else that's weighing heavily ?

Jonnyboy
12-02-2012, 07:26 PM
It's simple. Too many people made their mind up on some past performances and can't move on from that. There's nane as blind that cannae see.

In a nutshell :agree:

TrinityHibs
12-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I did a huge respose explaining why I thought Lewis should be captain then thought I dont need to say anything as his performances are certainly more like a captain than the good ship O'Connor. We could do worse than have a team of Lewis Stevensons although to be fair he wouldnt be any good in goals coming for crosses................. or competing for high punts forward.................. Certainly better than a team of Ivan's

Iggy Pope
12-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I did a huge respose explaining why I thought Lewis should be captain then thought I dont need to say anything as his performances are certainly more like a captain than the good ship O'Connor. We could do worse than have a team of Lewis Stevensons although to be fair he wouldnt be any good in goals coming for crosses................. or competing for high punts forward.................. Certainly better than a team of Ivan's

Or for scoring goals........
:wink:

But I know what you mean. I like wee Lewis and always have done.