PDA

View Full Version : Doherty

Frogga
11-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Was my MOM today. Looks like a no-nonsence, solid and clever player to have in our defence. Seemed to read the game well and keep everything simple.

Also thought spoony was much-improved today.

HibbyKeith
11-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Looked solid and composed all game. :thumbsup:

S.sct
11-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Was my MOM today. Looks like a no-nonsence, solid and clever player to have in our defence. Seemed to read the game well and keep everything simple.

Also thought spoony was much-improved today.

Totally agree, thought Francome and wee Lewis had good games also.

Mikey
11-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I thought Doherty was really good today. And he's shown that he can easily play CH as well as RB.

Was his booking even a foul though. It didn't look like it from 75 yards away in the east :greengrin

gackohibs
11-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Absolutley tremendous today. Gutted hes only on loan.

Mikey
11-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Gutted hes only on loan.

Yep and to quote some geezer from Blackpool who I was speaking to at half time, there's no way we'll be keeping him for next season!

He'll have his winner's medal to remember us by though :greengrin

:duck:

Hibs7
Very good player, reads the game well, thought Lewis had a very good game too, back to his best.

Cropley10
Made it look easy. Thought Lewis played very well too.

Elephant Stone
11-02-2012, 05:34 PM
I was going to post the same thing, he looks like a brilliant player. You'd imagine Wolves have got plans for him.

Badabing
11-02-2012, 05:35 PM
If there's a worse refereeing decision this year I'll be surprised. Doherty was excellent today when McPake returns I would play them together keeping Francome at right back.

andy1875
11-02-2012, 05:54 PM
A pleasant headache next week for Paddy with the return of McPake & Hanlon. Francomb will most likely drop out but did well today. O'Hanlon will be dropped again and altho did ok today, didn't have alot to deal with.

My bigger concern is our goal threat. Hopefully the return of Soares & Sparky next week offer more as we could be playing till 5pm tomorrow and still not score. A bad day at the office for our offensive minded players today.

Gala Foxes
11-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Doherty was IMMENSE

EasterRoad4Ever
11-02-2012, 06:24 PM
:agree:Outstanding today, despite having O'hanlon next to him. The boy did everything he needed to with ease.

smurf
11-02-2012, 06:33 PM
A player that will play in the Premiership. Only 20 years old? Wow. A selection dilemma for Pat Fenlon next week... I think Hanlon might not get back in...

Sir David Gray
11-02-2012, 06:35 PM
This guy is destined to go on and achieve really big things over the next couple of years.

I see no reason why he can't play Premiership football in the not too distant future.

smurf
11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
This guy is destined to go on and achieve really big things over the next couple of years.

I see no reason why he can't play Premiership football in the not too distant future.

Although he already has! Let's hope he leaves to go back a 'winner'!

greenlex
11-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Very good game but I thought Lewis Stevenson was my MOTM. :agree:

Sir David Gray
11-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Although he already has! Let's hope he leaves to go back a 'winner'!

Sorry, I meant to say that I see no reason why he can't play Premiership football on a regular basis, in the not too distant future.

--------
11-02-2012, 06:56 PM
A pleasant headache next week for Paddy with the return of McPake & Hanlon. Francomb will most likely drop out but did well today. O'Hanlon will be dropped again and altho did ok today, didn't have alot to deal with.

My bigger concern is our goal threat. Hopefully the return of Soares & Sparky next week offer more as we could be playing till 5pm tomorrow and still not score. A bad day at the office for our offensive minded players today.

I would think they'll make us a lot more dangerous than we were today. Soares wide and Griffiths and Doyle as the strikers? Ozzy, Pitbull and either Spoony or Lewis as the other three in m/field?

I really think the wee man's going to get us somewhere - somewhere other than Div One, that is!

andy1875
11-02-2012, 07:06 PM
I would think they'll make us a lot more dangerous than we were today. Soares wide and Griffiths and Doyle as the strikers? Ozzy, Pitbull and either Spoony or Lewis as the other three in m/field?

I really think the wee man's going to get us somewhere - somewhere other than Div One, that is!

Agree with all your points mate, Stevenson looks like a different player these days, the Pitbull looks the part, Spoony also looked improved recently. I'm a fan of Ozzy so who to drop eh for a much needed attacking threat? Who'd be a manager haha.

Worth noting that the atmosphere seemed better today at ER. I even caught myself and others round me chanting "Hibees, Hibees, Hibees" on more than a few occasions. I also the West Lower and FF get
involved!

THAT is all down to Paddy :greengrin

lucky
11-02-2012, 07:11 PM
He played very well again, going to be a EPL. player next season

greenlex
11-02-2012, 07:18 PM
He played very well again, going to be a EPL. player next season
Wolves? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Whilst I, too, was impressed with the boy, let me just say two words of caution....

Victor Palsson :greengrin

essexhibee
11-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Whilst I, too, was impressed with the boy, let me just say two words of caution....

Victor Palsson :greengrin

Don't want him getting palssonitis :greengrin

SMAXXA
11-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Doherty was IMMENSE

I agree 100% I thought last week he was very good and today he was excellent my MOTM. Francome had a good game also, shame we will be in no position to be able to keep Doherty but he will serve us well whilst here I have no doubt.

Well done Doc!

greenlex
11-02-2012, 08:55 PM
I agree 100% I thought last week he was very good and today he was excellent my MOTM. Francome had a good game also, shame we will be in no position to be able to keep Doherty but he will serve us well whilst here I have no doubt.

Well done Doc!
Well done Doh! Surely? :greengrin

Saorsa
11-02-2012, 10:16 PM
I thought Doherty was really good today. And he's shown that he can easily play CH as well as RB.

Was his booking even a foul though. It didn't look like it from 75 yards away in the east :greengrinThe linesman didnae see a foul from 2 yards, the attention seeker in the middle did from 40 yards though :bitchy: I thought Doherty was great today and even better last week. Some folk say He isnae supposed tae be very good at CH but I'd ahve him there every day of the week before the bombscare O'Hanlon who is actually meant tae be a CH. I'd have less worries with Murdoch playing CH that that dumplin', the fact that Colin Driftwood had been after him for years says it all really.

SMAXXA
11-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Well done Doh! Surely? :greengrin

I shaid it how I shpeak Sir Shhaun :greengrin

CmoantheHibs
11-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Thats 2 games he has played and both he has been outstanding.I do think he looked better at rb but I could suffer him at ch:greengrin.Im just delighted he is here.He knows how close to get to an attacker and when to commit to the tackle, has all the physical requirements and has a cool head.I think he could end up being a top player and we are fortunate that he is with us.

Andy74
11-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Top player. One or two of these will be tricky to replace with permanent signings.

brianmc
11-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Francombe was **** today, lets be honest? Aberdeen(tactical genius Craig Brown) knew this and fully ripped the arse right oot it. Caught fire pace, caught for position etc just not at the races

GreenPJ
11-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Francombe was **** today, lets be honest? Aberdeen(tactical genius Craig Brown) knew this and fully ripped the arse right oot it. Caught fire pace, caught for position etc just not at the races

:agree: Francombe got ripped in the first half albeit he did improve in the second half but I think Docherty will go to RB against Celtic but too be honest Docherty could play anywhere and I would be happy, he is a class act for a 20 year old. If Wolves stay up you never know maybe another 6 months or season long loan. If that could happen, get McPake permanent and Roberto Carlos at left back we would be a whole different proposition.

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 01:31 AM

Was his booking even a foul though. It didn't look like it from 75 yards away in the east :greengrin

It wasn't a foul but the yellow card will stand as they can't be appealed!

Doherty is a super player who can play CH or RB just as well as the other and was superb today!

O'Hanlon on the other hand..........!

basehibby
12-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Was delighted with him - stepped up to the plate and acted like a leader - showed he can confidently fill the role as centre half just as well as he did the full back role last week - great stuff from Doherty so far and on these sort of showings I'd be delighted to see his stay at ER extended beyond the summer :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
12-02-2012, 03:20 AM
What exactly is a no nonsense player? I've never really understood that particular cliche.

For that matter, what is the opposite of a no nonsense player? A nonsense player?

My current take on it is that a no nonsense player lacks finesse, but may be efficient at clearing his lines.

malcky
12-02-2012, 04:04 PM
What exactly is a no nonsense player? I've never really understood that particular cliche.

For that matter, what is the opposite of a no nonsense player? A nonsense player?

My current take on it is that a no nonsense player lacks finesse, but may be efficient at clearing his lines.

I think a no nonsense player knows what to do and when to do it,he can clear when he needs to. Which is the opposite of most of our central defenders in recent times

justlikebrazil
12-02-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't know the rules about loan deals but after watching Wolves today can they call him back from his loan deal. That would be a nightmare if so!!:pray::

Part/Time Supporter
12-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't know the rules about loan deals but after watching Wolves today can they call him back from his loan deal. That would be a nightmare if so!!:pray::

No. They could only do that with a loan to another English club. Because it's a cross-border thing he has to stay until the next window.

justlikebrazil
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM
No. They could only do that with a loan to another English club. Because it's a cross-border thing he has to stay until the next window.

Thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-02-2012, 07:01 PM
His positional play and timing of tackle were different class. If we brought such a player through the academy we couldn't hold onto him. Also we could never afford to buy and pay for a player of that quality.

BT58
12-02-2012, 07:10 PM
after wolves dreadful defending today,,,hope they cant recall him
bt