PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull

hibee81
11-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Lets not expect to much from him if he starts today, if he is as good as he is being made out to be be and the sheep have done their homework, then he will not have to much time on the ball, again it could work in our favour and give the rest a wee bit more time but heres hoping he starts and has a stormer!!!!!!!.

stokesmessiah
11-02-2012, 01:22 PM
F%^& that, if he does not take this game by the scruff of the neck and single handedly win it with a perfect hatrick then i shall be asking for the removal of PF and the board.

easty
11-02-2012, 01:27 PM
If he plays and we dont win convincingly then that'll be enought to convince me he's the new Jay Shields.

Stevo1875
11-02-2012, 01:43 PM
F%^& that, if he does not take this game by the scruff of the neck and single handedly win it with a perfect hatrick then i shall be asking for the removal of PF and the board.

:top marks

Hibs7
11-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Quiet game, will take a few games to bed in, but some nice touches

CallumLaidlaw
11-02-2012, 04:08 PM
I think he was shocked at the pace of the game. Might take him a few games to get up to it. You can see his quality tho

hibee_girl
11-02-2012, 04:10 PM
I think he was shocked at the pace of the game. Might take him a few games to get up to it. You can see his quality tho

:agree:

A few mistimed tackles but overall you can see the quality he'll bring to the team

lucky
11-02-2012, 04:11 PM
He looks a player. Some decent passes. But the pace of the game seemed to shock him but overall he did ok.

bighairyfaeleith
11-02-2012, 04:14 PM
He never stopped trying and once up to speed wilk be a good player for us.

Probably a yard off the pace at times but seen enough to convince me the boy has real quality. Reminded me a bit of broony

Mikeystewart
11-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Wasn't too impressed, gave the ball away quite a bit, just seemed like a faster version of Stevenson, but as previously mentioned he's only just arrived and it will take time for him to settle in.

easty
11-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Reminded me a bit of broony

So...are we allowed to like him then?:wink:

Frogga
11-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Pretty sure his long range effort (just after one of our penalty shouts) was going in. The aberdeen lad made a good block.

bighairyfaeleith
11-02-2012, 04:21 PM

Absolutely we should idolise him until he joins celtic :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
11-02-2012, 04:27 PM

:tee hee:

PPZPOL
Wasn't too impressed, gave the ball away quite a bit, just seemed like a faster version of Stevenson, but as previously mentioned he's only just arrived and it will take time for him to settle in.

Disagree with that, gave it a way a few times I'll give you that but kept the ball more often than not. He's a player, composed on the ball, slides nice wee balls through the midfield which is the area we need to get into (i.e. area in between oppositions defence & midfield). Confident he will be a good signing.

HibbyKeith
As said already with the pace of the game it seemed to pass him by a little, his first touch looks decent, have no doubt he will get better as the weeks go by, a few rash lunges but overall not the worst debut.

Mikey
11-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Disagree with that, gave it a way a few times I'll give you that but kept the ball more often than not. He's a player, composed on the ball, slides nice wee balls through the midfield which is the area we need to get into (i.e. area in between oppositions defence & midfield). Confident he will be a good signing.

Absolutely.

bighairyfaeleith
11-02-2012, 04:32 PM

Agreed

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Andy74
11-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Looked a bit lost. No surprise there all considered but also looked like he will be a player once up to speed.

Seveno
11-02-2012, 05:07 PM
He's class - pure and simple.

bigwheel
11-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Looked a bit lost. No surprise there all considered but also looked like he will be a player once up to speed.
I disagree ......I thought he looked class...simple passes, great first touch, a bit of dig...superb signing

.Sean.
11-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Breaks up play and can keep it simple. Dare I say it, a classier version of Neil Lennon.

smurf
11-02-2012, 05:31 PM

Agreed. I thought all things considered on the basis of that performance you would give him a contract. Fortunately we have and we will reap the rewards as his qualities were obvious. Once he adjusts to our game he will dictate our game.

Cocaine&Caviar
11-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Id say a tackling Liam Miller.

Sir David Gray
11-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Thought he did fine today.

Put in some really good long range passes, got stuck in and looks quite intelligent.

Think he'll do well for us.

greenlex
11-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Honduran John Collins once he gets up to speed.

random sub
11-02-2012, 05:51 PM
skillful player- like him already

--------
11-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Agreed. I thought all things considered on the basis of that performance you would give him a contract. Fortunately we have and we will reap the rewards as his qualities were obvious. Once he adjusts to our game he will dictate our game.

:agree: We can't expect too much of the guy on his first time out. Training with the others is one thing, playing a competitive match is something entirely different.

Hopefully he'll have a good week working with his new team-mates and be ready for Celtic on Sunday. I don't think there's any doubt that the guy's a good 'un.

steakbake
11-02-2012, 05:54 PM
His first game. Cut him some slack. nice easy tempo to his game.

keep the faith
11-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Shocked by some thinking he didnt play well today.

His awareness was terrific and made the right pass nine times out of time on the first touch. This raised the whole tempo of our game. The opposite of Hughes ponderous "two touches then a sideways pass" period. He tired badly in the last quarter of the game but think he will be a huge player for us.

As others have said - Class!

hibsbollah
11-02-2012, 06:07 PM
I heard the season in Honduras is over and he hasnt played a competitive game in months. With that in mind his performance was better than decent.

CropleyWasGod
He got caught in possession once when the whole East Stand shouted "MAN ON!!".

He now knows what that means :greengrin

silverhibee

I think a lot of foreign players are surprised at the pace of Scottish football, will take time to adjust and get up to the quickness of the game, but done okay for first game, will only get better.

hibee_girl
11-02-2012, 06:11 PM

He looked liked he jumped out his skin when that was shouted :greengrin

H18sry
11-02-2012, 06:14 PM

That must have ben the only noise that came out of there today then :tin hat:

:greengrin

Andy74
11-02-2012, 06:21 PM
I disagree ......I thought he looked class...simple passes, great first touch, a bit of dig...superb signing

I think he looked all those things too but he also clearly had no real idea about positioning within the team and what was expected of him. In that sense he looked a bit lost and the language won't help.

Liked the look of him though.

WindyMiller
11-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I think he looked all those things too but he also clearly had no real idea about positioning within the team and what was expected of him. In that sense he looked a bit lost and the language won't help.

Strangely enough I thought the players did more talking than I've seen in a long while.

jon paul jones
Applause

nuff said

silverhibee

Will Hibs have brought in a translator to help with the language problem.

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
I hope if I ever get savaged by a pitbull it's one like him. More of a jack Russell but when up to speed, he will be a good player, keeps the ball and plays with his head up.

H18sry
Quote from a well kent poster on here at half time "Pitbull? mair like a poodle" You know who you are :wink:

CropleyWasGod
Will Hibs have brought in a translator to help with the language problem.

That's patronising and insulting in the extreme.

Garry's accent isn't that strong.:greengrin

greenlex
11-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Quote from a well kent poster on here at half time "Pitbull? mair like a poodle" You know who you are :wink:
It certainly wasn't me. I was thinking more Yorkie. :greengrin

H18sry
11-02-2012, 06:42 PM
It certainly wasn't me. I was thinking more Yorkie. :greengrin

We would never have heard you, project your voice :greengrin

Stevie Reid
11-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Gave the ball away 3 times I think, couple of wild(ish) lunges, and that was it for the negatives. The positives were that he is clearly comfortable in possession and generally retained possession well - some lovely passes too.

Another leader on the park, which won't go amiss - reckon he'll really kick on in the coming weeks.

greenlex
11-02-2012, 06:46 PM
We would never have heard you, project your voice :greengrin
I think it was more gettiing my rant out. I will write it down for Brockie to shout next time. :greengrin ****ing ******** ref.

bigwheel
11-02-2012, 06:52 PM

I think lost is unfair.....I agree he needs to learn the system though and communication improvement will help...top drawer acquisition...:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
11-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Shocked by some thinking he didnt play well today.His awareness was terrific and made the right pass nine times out of time on the first touch. This raised the whole tempo of our game. The opposite of Hughes ponderous "two touches then a sideways pass" period. He tired badly in the last quarter of the game but think he will be a huge player for us.

Why should you be shocked? This is Hibs net after all :rolleyes:

mim
11-02-2012, 07:02 PM
I thought Claros was different class to anyone else on our books and the best midfielder we've had since Boozy at his best.

He managed to find space all over the park and when our players realise he is always available, he'll get more chance to hurt the oppostion.

Very impressed with young Docherty too.

A vastly improved showing from the team. :thumbsup:

H18sry
11-02-2012, 07:03 PM

I think it was more gettiing my rant out. I will write it down for Brockie to shout next time. :greengrin ****ing ******** ref.

:hmmm: :greengrin

judas
11-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Shocked by some thinking he didnt play well today.

His awareness was terrific and made the right pass nine times out of time on the first touch. This raised the whole tempo of our game. The opposite of Hughes ponderous "two touches then a sideways pass" period. He tired badly in the last quarter of the game but think he will be a huge player for us.

I am not too shocked. Some people simply couldn't spot player for dear life.

This guy is the real deal and he will be at the centre of the Fenlon revolution (and this has begun). The most composed and technically gifted player I have seen for a while at ER.

I feel a little like I did when Mcleish started to turn Hibs around following the Duffy era.

Andy74
11-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Why should you be shocked? This is Hibs net after all :rolleyes:

Yet I've not really seen anyone suggest he didn't play well ?!

greenlex
11-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Yet I've not really seen anyone suggest he didn't play well ?!

Andy that's two posts claiming that they are shocked people are suggesting he didnt play well and one backing it up!
Are you sure you haven't seen this?
Folk will be along to vent their spleens about this after skimming through the thread and before you know it the press will be printing we think he is crap. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Decent first showing but he had run his race with the last 20 to go. Surprised that he didn't get switched then for fresh legs.

tamig
11-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I thought Claros was different class to anyone else on our books and the best midfielder we've had since Boozy at his best.

He managed to find space all over the park and when our players realise he is always available, he'll get more chance to hurt the oppostion.

Very impressed with young Docherty too.

A vastly improved showing from the team. :thumbsup:

Totally agree. He is going to be some asset with a couple more games under his belt. Thought he was very cool on the ball and didn't seem concerned even when he was under pressure. Always seemed to find a yard to make the space for a pass. Very promising start.

SMAXXA
11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
I thought he looked neat with some nice touches and good passes, he will take a bit of time to get upto speed but think he will do good.

down-the-slope
11-02-2012, 08:03 PM
decent debut and showed wht he is wwell regarded. Nice first touch and good closing down and covering. Some of his balls through to Ozzy were great. Yes he needs to adjust to the pace a bit more, but the team needs to start playing as if we have a midfield...not once did CH's give him the ball to start the play off...and he looks as if he can do that...maybe management orders :confused:...lets hope it was just protecting him a bit until he settles in and we change the way we play or it will be a waste of his ability

fat freddy
11-02-2012, 11:49 PM
two or three dodgy slide tackles that he didn't have to make and if he'd made contact he would probably have been booked...his touch and passing were good and clearly he'll get better but it has to be said that he runs funny...like his joints need oiled

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 12:19 AM

I often think that I have been at a different game from a lot of the folk that post on here!

Claros is most definately a decent player who, once match fit, will be a huge asset to us in our battle against relegation!

IMO of course!

3pm
12-02-2012, 03:08 AM
He'll be great. Can't agree he struggled with the pace posts, he was the one wanting to put his foot on the ball and he was generally good at it.

He has confidence in his own ability as demonstrated by his touch and pass inside his own box with less than 10 mins to go. Two Dandies ran at him and a pass through the two of them set GO'C away on an attack.

90 mins will have done him no harm as well. He'll get better, good times ahead.

Big90inOz
12-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Just watched the extended highlights of the game, how can anyone doubt this guys ability :rolleyes:

Great touch, finds space, can pick a pass, doesn't panic under pressure, he's a step ahead before the ball reaches him. Claros is going to be a star for us :agree:

The other thing which was blindly obvious is the amount of players we have who are very comfortable on the ball, have good first touches and want to make something happen rather than aimlessly hoof the ball.

NAE NOOKIE
12-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Just watched the extended highlights of the game, how can anyone doubt this guys ability :rolleyes:

Great touch, finds space, can pick a pass, doesn't panic under pressure, he's a step ahead before the ball reaches him. Claros is going to be a star for us :agree:

The other thing which was blindly obvious is the amount of players we have who are very comfortable on the ball, have good first touches and want to make something happen rather than aimlessly hoof the ball.

Agree with that .... He looks like a decent player, though I thought PF should have subbed him with 15 mins to go as he had clearly run out of steam. Also agree we appear to have a few more decent ball players, though G O'C couldnt make it stick if he was wearing Bostic boots.

Andy74
12-02-2012, 04:35 PM

Can you point out the posts where anyone has doubted his ability? ?

Big90inOz
12-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Can you point out the posts where anyone has doubted his ability? ?

What did your last slave die of :greengrin

Renfrew_Hibby
13-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Can anyone make any sense of this clip?
Typical Latin American stuff... SUV's with bullet holes, police, footballers including our very own 'Pitbull' and a very fast talking reporter talking in a thick Latin American Spannish accent.

Renfrew_Hibby
13-02-2012, 12:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq1Vps80PLE&feature=related

Woops here's the link!:greengrin

calmacuk
13-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Can anyone make any sense of this clip?
Typical Latin American stuff... SUV's with bullet holes, police, footballers including our very own 'Pitbull' and a very fast talking reporter talking in a thick Latin American Spannish accent.

He got shot in the head last summer when someone tried to steal his car:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3642936/Celtic-target-shot-in-head.html