PDA

View Full Version : Luis Suarez!

Pages : [1] 2

Bigbobajob
11-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Refuses to shake Evras hand before todays big game. Cannae actually believe he just did that. You'd think he'd just want to shake hands and move on!?

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I tipped that on the punting thread, pity I couldnae get the bet on!

Beefster
Someone would only do that if they were a trumpet of the highest order.

Liverpool should have had him well warned beforehand too.

essexhibee
Then Ferdinand refused his.

andy1875
11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Luis Suarez has just made himself look an even bigger twat, if that was possible that is.

A horrible, bitter, ****my little man. If only Vidic was there to welcome him to Old Trafford, a trademark late Scholes tackle on him will do for me.

Bigbobajob
11-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Then Ferdinand refused his.

I don't think he would've done that if suarez did the right thing though....

Hibtastic
11-02-2012, 01:01 PM
I don't think he would've done that if suarez did the right thing though....

Suarez still obviously feels he was unfairly made out to be a racist. Gary Neville said rightly, if you don't like someone, don't shake their hand. No big deal.

BurghHibby
11-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Suarez still obviously feels he was unfairly made out to be a racist. Gary Neville said rightly, if you don't like someone, don't shake their hand. No big deal.

Why does he not like him, 'cause he's black?

Saurez is **** and so are his teamates for supporting him in this.

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2012, 01:08 PM

I agree with this. Football has traditionally been about an intense rivarly bordering on and sometimes encompassing hatred. The football authorities attempts to sanitize the game for a tv audience are pathetic. The lesson in life it gives to kids is that some people do not like each other and will never get on, ultimately a more useful one in life than imposing a fake happy smile club.

Sir David Gray
11-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Refuses to shake Evras hand before todays big game.Cannae actually believe he just did that. You'd think he'd just want to shake hands and move on!?

I can.

It just typifies how Liverpool FC have conducted themselves throughout this whole affair.

No doubt Dalglish will come out with his usual evasive smartarse answers when he's asked about it on MOTD tonight.

As for Suarez, I think his actions sum him up as the ****bag that he obviously is. He had the chance to draw a line under it all today but instead of that he's stoked it all up again. Really hope Evra goes right through him at some point today, in a completely legal way, of course.

As someone else said a few weeks ago;

Liverpool Football Club - Never at fault, always the victim.

jonty
11-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I agree with this. Football has traditionally been about an intense rivarly bordering on and sometimes encompassing hatred. The football authorities attempts to sanitize the game for a tv audience are pathetic. The lesson in life it gives to kids is that some people do not like each other and will never get on, ultimately a more useful one in life than imposing a fake happy smile club.

True. But if Suarez doesn't like him because he was grassed up then he's still a knob end. If he's feeling hard done by, then he hasn't learnt his lesson.

Add him to the every growing list of decent footballers that are complete cocks.

Pretty Boy
11-02-2012, 01:14 PM
He's a knob.

Quick handshake, keep walking. A sorry episode over and done with.

He's chosen to.continue this so he has to face the consequences.

BEEJ
11-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Refuses to shake Evras hand before todays big game. Cannae actually believe he just did that. You'd think he'd just want to shake hands and move on!?
News report on Radio 4 just now suggested that Suarez offered his hand but it was Evra that refused to take it?

:confused:

hibs4life
11-02-2012, 01:16 PM

Completely disagree. This has the backdrop of racist abuse of which Suarez was found guilty. He and Liverpool have acted shamefully in all this in my opinion. Seems like Suarez's latest contribution will keep it running that bit longer....

hibeeleicester
11-02-2012, 01:17 PM
:hnet: at it's best again.

Suarez was wrongly accused as being racist (my girlfriend is south american, and the term is used widely over there).

I wouldn't shake evra's hand, he's a ****.

And what a stupid thing to say, he didnt shake his hand because he is black :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-02-2012, 01:17 PM

Very true! GN's stock as a pundit goes up every week!

Pretty Boy
11-02-2012, 01:20 PM
News report on Radio 4 just now suggested that Suarez offered his hand but it was Evra that refused to take it?

Definitely Suarez who refused. Both De Gea and Evra grabbed his arm but he just kept walking.

Hibtastic
11-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Why does he not like him, 'cause he's black?

Saurez is **** and so are his teamates for supporting him in this.

I think you forget that there are black players within the Liverpool team. Do you think they would support him in the way they did if they thought he was racist???

Pretty Boy
11-02-2012, 01:22 PM

Suarez was wrongly accused as being racist (my girlfriend is south american, and the term is used widely over there).

And what a stupid thing to say, he didnt shake his hand because he is black :aok:

So how is Evra a ****?

Should he be such an expert in South American culture that he hears that word and should realise its not racist in said region?

Surely its up to Liverpools lawyers to prove this, not Evras duty to ignore it

Wotherspiniesta
11-02-2012, 01:23 PM

I didn't realise that the term " I don't speak to blacks" is use widely in South America.

hibs4life
11-02-2012, 01:25 PM

But he used the term in the UK. He could have apologised for any offence caused, etc but he and Liverpool just kept on with the mantra that he's not a racist. He may not be but that doesn't prevent unwitting actions or words being racist.

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Luis Suarez is a ****** legend, leave him alone.

Wotherspiniesta
11-02-2012, 01:28 PM

Yeh you're right. So what is he's a racist eh?

HH81
11-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Evra is very trust worthy and would not lie, ask the chelsea ground staff and his French team mate on the video.

It would be a travesty if Suarez scored the winner today and would make some people cry. We don't want that.

BurghHibby
11-02-2012, 01:29 PM

Aye, and Hitler was just misunderstood!

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Completely disagree. This has the backdrop of racist abuse of which Suarez was found guilty. He and Liverpool have acted shamefully in all this in my opinion. Seems like Suarez's latest contribution will keep it running that bit longer....

No, I'd much rather the vile racists in the game were given the leeway to expose themselves and then take the consequences of their actions. Too many 'stars' are treated differently and made in cuddly misunderstood characters by a media/pr machine.

jonty
11-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Evra didn't need to make a scene either. Accept he didn't want to shake your hand and move on.
doesnt stop Suarez looking like a fud. Looks like this will roll on for another few weeks.:rolleyes:

Hibernian Verse
11-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Makes for fantastic tv, which is why we watch it is it not? To be entertained?

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!"

The Green Goblin
11-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Liverpool Football Club - Never at fault, always the victim.

That explains why they have such a close relationship with celtic. ;-)

BurghHibby
11-02-2012, 01:37 PM
That explains why they have such a close relationship with celtic. ;-)

Liverpool = English weedgies
Celtic = Scottish scousers

Pretty Boy
11-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Evra is very trust worthy and would not lie, ask the chelsea ground staff and his French team mate on the video.

It would be a travesty if Suarez scored the winner today and would make some people cry. We don't want that.

Suarez was banned based on his own admission of using the term in question and the inconsistencies in his own evidence.

Evras trustworthiness or lack thereof isn't really the issue.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-02-2012, 01:38 PM

Aye, and Hitler was just misunderstood!

Oh dear! that old chestnut rears its ugly head again, Suarez is a fud, but, have a word with yourself!

Beefster
11-02-2012, 01:39 PM

You can hate someone but still shake their hand as a mark of sporting respect.

Suarez changed his story between telling Dalglish/Comolli what happened and telling the FA his version of events. Evra's story didn't change, irrespective of how many times he told it or who he told it to.

I think Suarez was pretty much caught bang to rights.

hibs4life
11-02-2012, 01:40 PM
No, I'd much rather the vile racists in the game were given the leeway to expose themselves and then take the consequences of their actions. Too many 'stars' are treated differently and made in cuddly misunderstood characters by a media/pr machine.

Disagree again. Giving racists 'leeway' doesn't seem like a progressive proposal. I'd prefer the 'stamp it out' approach to racism.

jonty
11-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Continues on into the tunnel. Skirtel getting involved.

Bunch of kids. What's the odds on a red card in the 2nd half?

And no doubt Kenny will have a few words to say post match. Tick the box and move on. The lot of them.

hfc rd
11-02-2012, 01:44 PM
I hate that twat to shreds! I really hope Suarez gets a career ending tackle as he deserves it. Yes some of you may think I am going a bit extreme with that accusation but the guy is simply a racist fud. ONLY RACISTS WALK ALONE!!!

HH81
11-02-2012, 01:45 PM

Suarez changed his story between telling Dalglish/Comolli what happened and telling the FA his version of events. Evra's story didn't change, irrespective of how many times he told it or who he told it to.

I think Suarez was pretty much caught bang to rights.

Do you know him personally?

LancsHibs
11-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Kicked off in the tunnel at HT :devil
Suarez has shown himself up to be a classless, bitter, bucktoothed racist and Daglish and LFC has also come off in a bad light with their backing of him in my opinion.
BTW I'm no ManU fan, in fact I can't stand them:wink:
ManU and Liverpool are the OF of the North West of England, followed by thick armchair fans in their thousands who never go just watch on T V and never stop arguing about them! tossers

HH81
Suarez was banned based on his own admission of using the term in question and the inconsistencies in his own evidence.

Evras trustworthiness or lack thereof isn't really the issue.

Wasnt Evra's main point he was offended by the word? Well if so have you the video of him using the same meaning word? When you check it out was he really offended, not convinced. However, he plays for Liverpool and is one of their best players.

Hibtastic
I hate that twat to shreds! I really hope Suarez gets a career ending tackle as he deserves it. Yes some of you may think I am going a bit extreme with that accusation but the guy is simply a racist fud. ONLY RACISTS WALK ALONE!!!

It makes me laugh somebody denouncing a player for apparently being racist then making comments like that!!!!

easty
11-02-2012, 01:51 PM

Of course you can, but why should you?

I said on another thread recently, I don't see the need for this organised two lines, handshakes all round lark. If you have a mate who plays for the opposite team, then by all means go greet them, but you shouldnt feel obliged to shake everyones hand. Its a load of bollocks.

Beefster
11-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Do you know him personally?

Aye, obviously.

Everyone is wrong except Suarez, yes?

Wotherspiniesta
11-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Get that up yi Suarez !! 2-0 United.

Beefster
11-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Of course you can, but why should you?

Because these guys are supposed to be role models for millions of kids. Sometimes they should remember that.

HH81
11-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Aye, obviously.

Everyone is wrong except Suarez, yes?

Who is everyone?

BurghHibby
11-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Because these guys are supposed to be role models for millions of kids. Sometimes they should remember that.

Exactly, and some folks on here should remember that as well!!

easty
11-02-2012, 02:01 PM

well I really hope kids on the playground arent copying this atrocious incident and refusing to shake hands with the kids they dont like. Think of the carnage.

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2012, 02:03 PM

They are supposed to be footballers.

Beefster
11-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Who is everyone?

Everyone (officials, Man Utd players and staff, Liverpool players and staff) who gave evidence that either alleged that Suarez said something racist or changed his story as time went on.

Any chance of an answer this time?

Beefster
11-02-2012, 02:06 PM
well I really hope kids on the playground arent copying this atrocious incident and refusing to shake hands with the kids they dont like. Think of the carnage.

I think that you've, ever so slightly, missed the point. Hey ho.

easty
11-02-2012, 02:08 PM
I think that you've, ever so slightly, missed the point. Hey ho.

I dont think so.

Pete
11-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Its quite telling that a lot of those who are slagging liverpool for their victim mentality probably weren't even born when certain major incidents involving the club took place. You don't know what you're talking about.

They're supported by glory hunting youngsters because they have been the best team since they were born. Zero credibility and no better than old firm fans from outside glasgow who simply choose a winning team.

If you have that strong an opinion on liverpool and such a fondness for a manchester team why don't you all go and bl00dy live there?

HUTCHYHIBBY

I'm going to be extremely flippant here, but, so was Hitler! ;-)

HH81
Everyone (officials, Man Utd players and staff, Liverpool players and staff) who gave evidence that either alleged that Suarez said something racist or changed his story as time went on.

Any chance of an answer this time?

How can the officials, staff, and players who was not stood right next to them really know what's been said. End of the day Evra has lied previously about this kind of thing.

Beefster
11-02-2012, 02:14 PM
How can the officials, staff, and players who was not stood right next to them really know what's been said. End of the day Evra has lied previously about this kind of thing.

Brilliant.

HH81
11-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Brilliant.

Don't forget and set good examples to everyone you meet today.

TRC
11-02-2012, 02:23 PM
It's going to get to the stage that players will have to wear Microphones when playing!

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2012, 02:24 PM
He scores.

Lester B
11-02-2012, 03:08 PM

So your girlfriend uses that term freely over here when talking to black people and you are wholly comfortable with that then? You use that term anywhere and you cannot be 'wrongly accused' of racism. You can correctly be accused of racism. And racism is total bull****

joe breezy
11-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Liverpool = English weedgies
Celtic = Scottish scousers

Nail on head

Greentinted
11-02-2012, 03:17 PM

Not a personal observation. You have summarised the thoughts of several commentators on this thread.

Genuine question, how would the John Terry/Wayne Bridge incident sit with the 'shake hands regardless' attitude or would that be the exception that demonstrates the rule?

sambajustice
11-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Can someone pm me what the term was suarez used?? Dunno if I,ve been living under a rock or something but I have never found out what he said!

hibiedude
11-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Evra's actions after the game was a disgarce

jonty
11-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Evra's actions after the game was a disgarce
Certainly was a disgarce. Celebrating a big win with the fans. Big match, now top of the table. Shouldnt be celebrating at all. :rolleyes:

They handled it better than half time, IMO. Suarez walked off, Evra celebrated a win. Ref stopped him going up the tunnel until everyone else was in.

The other liverpool players didn't help themselves by getting involved with Evras celebrations. Sore losers?

hibiedude
11-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Certainly was a disgarce. Celebrating a big win with the fans. Big match, now top of the table. Shouldnt be celebrating at all. :rolleyes:

They handled it better than half time, IMO. Suarez walked off, Evra celebrated a win. Ref stopped him going up the tunnel until everyone else was in.

The other liverpool players didn't help themselves by getting involved with Evras celebrations. Sore losers?

You clearly know nowt about me because because I don't support any English clubs, Evra tried and failed to wind up Suarez after the game.

jonty
11-02-2012, 04:07 PM
You clearly know nowt about me because because I don't support any English clubs, Evra tried and failed to wind up Suarez after the game.
I didnt claim you supported any English club? :confused:

Green_one
11-02-2012, 04:07 PM

Evra has never lied before about this subject. But do not let the facts get in the way of your usual style of arguement. :rolleyes:

Suarez's 'truth' was so vague he himself changed it and the people supporting him gave a differnt version, which he said was wrong.

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2012, 04:10 PM

It was a bit more than that. Evra pursued Suarez, whipping up the crowd and orchestrating the ridiculing of him as he left the pitch. But for intervention, it could have gotten nasty.

Not edifying for him and will probably bring him into conflict with the authorities, but understandable, given the circumstances.

Dalglish already left looking foolish and ineffective in the post-match comments - Ferguson has stitched him right up with his comments.

jonty
11-02-2012, 04:16 PM
It was a bit more than that. Evra pursued Suarez, whipping up the crowd and orchestrating the ridiculing of him as he left the pitch. But for intervention, it could have gotten nasty.

Not edifying for him and will probably bring him into conflict with the authorities, but understandable, given the circumstances.

Dalglish already left looking foolish and ineffective in the post-match comments - Ferguson has stitched him right up with his comments.

From what I watched, Evra went round the various stands, upping the crowd. Yes he celebrated more than the other players but he was clearly happy to get it over and done with. Only when they reached the tunnel did I see them cross paths. Suarez ignored him and kept walking. Good on him.

The fans didnt need Evra to remind them to give Suarez pelters.

If the situation was reversed and it was liverpool home win then i'm sure it would have been worse.

But as i've said above, the two of them need to move on. This game and their actions/reactions with be analysed for the next week.

Haven't listened to the managers comments, although from what you're saying i'm not surprised about Kenny. He should have left the subject well alone quite some time ago.

/edit
Watched it again on http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16998363
Yes, Evra is rubbing his face in it, but over reaction from the Liverpool players at the end. The ref and umpteen security staff are there. Handbags.

Hibernia Na Eir
11-02-2012, 04:19 PM
everything Ferguson said is spot on.
dirty little cow Saurez is.
a schemie of highest proportions!

Hibernia Na Eir
11-02-2012, 04:20 PM
take it Scouse hibby has taken things too far? all his posts are gone

Shame

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2012, 04:24 PM
The t***s that have posted on wishing Suarez a serious injury or others citing always the victims crap aren't really worth any more than this.... :asshole:

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2012, 04:25 PM
take it Scouse hibby has taken things too far? all his posts are gone

Shame

I removed them myself :greengrin :na na:

easty
11-02-2012, 04:27 PM
The t***s that have posted on wishing Suarez a serious injury or others citing always the victims crap aren't really worth any more than this.... :asshole:

I dont wish him serious injury, as such, but I hope he goes home for a pizza and tries to eat it when its too hot and burns the roof of his mouth!

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2012, 04:29 PM
I dont wish him serious injury, as such, but I hope he goes home for a pizza and tries to eat it when its too hot and burns the roof of his mouth!

:greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
11-02-2012, 04:31 PM
I removed them myself :greengrin :na na:

why?

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2012, 04:33 PM
why?

I suppose you could call it self Policing, remembered it's only a game of football after all!

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2012, 04:37 PM

I'd couch it in slightly stronger terms than that; I hope he subsequently drops the pizza and it falls face down on the carpet where his dog and cat have been lying. And it's the last one in the topping he likes.

That would soon put a stop to his racism.

Perhaps if they'd had branches of Domino's in Berlin and Munich back in thirties Germany, Hitler would have been a bit more chilled.

Danderhall Hibs
11-02-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm not taking anyones side here but does anyone else think Evra made it look like he wasn't going to shake Suarez's hand then done the big reaction thing when Suarez walked past him? I'm not sure Suarez was to blame today - obviously he's caused the tension in the 1st place but I think Evra might've been a bit snidey today...

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm not taking anyones side here but does anyone else think Evra made it look like he wasn't going to shake Suarez's hand then done the big reaction thing when Suarez walked past him? I'm not sure Suarez was to blame today - obviously he's caused the tension in the 1st place but I think Evra might've been a bit snidey today...

Missed the game but have just managed to see the handshake incident :brickwall FFS Kenny get a grip and throw that ****** idiot out of our great club and while you're at it have a serious look at yourself over this whole incident! The great dignity and leadership shown by Dalglish in previous years is in my mind being undone by this farce. Just like I berated the stupidity of Griffiths, I cannot believe that Suarez wasn't told in no uncertain terms by the club before todays game to finally bring this to an end. Instead IMO he does the ****** opposite and inflames the situation.

An extremely embarrassed and disappointed Scouser is how I would describe myself just now.

WarringtonHibee
11-02-2012, 04:50 PM

https://p.twimg.com/AlYtU41CMAEZya8.jpghttps://p.twimg.com/AlYtU41CMAEZya8.jpg

Danderhall Hibs
11-02-2012, 04:55 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AlYtU41CMAEZya8.jpghttps://p.twimg.com/AlYtU41CMAEZya8.jpg

That looks like Suarez has offered his hand and Evra's giving him the big man stare. There was an angle that Sky showed that looked like Evra took his hand away then put it back after Suarez walked past. Made Evra look quite sneaky.

Danderhall Hibs
11-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Missed the game but have just managed to see the handshake incident :brickwall FFS Kenny get a grip and throw that ****** idiot out of our great club and while you're at it have a serious look at yourself over this whole incident! The great dignity and leadership shown by Dalglish in previous years is in my mind being undone by this farce. Just like I berated the stupidity of Griffiths, I cannot believe that Suarez wasn't told in no uncertain terms by the club before todays game to finally bring this to an end. Instead IMO he does the ****** opposite and inflames the situation.

An extremely embarrassed and disappointed Scouser is how I would describe myself just now.

Can't disagree about King Kenny - he was embarrassing. Having said that Sir Alex was OTT as well.

R'Albin
11-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Frimpong On Twitter : " Liverpool Fans Saying That Evra Celebrated Like He Won The League, I'm Suprised They Remember What That Looks Like "

Though a bit rich coming from an Arsenal player!

Pretty Boy
11-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Can't disagree about King Kenny - he was embarrassing. Having said that Sir Alex was OTT as well.

I thought both managers were as bad as each other.

A simple 'I don't want to talk about it' from both parties would have left the editors actually having to work for their headlines.

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2012, 05:01 PM
That looks like Suarez has offered his hand and Evra's giving him the big man stare. There was an angle that Sky showed that looked like Evra took his hand away then put it back after Suarez walked past. Made Evra look quite sneaky.

We really need the 4th official to be on the spot for those kind of decisions.

It's difficult to tell whether Evra is outraged because Suarez is snubbing him, or whether he's playing 'gamesmanship' by saying 'don't even try and shake my hand you racist prick' and then play-acting the injured innocent when he doesn't.

Whatever, neither of them has come out well today.

jonty
11-02-2012, 05:10 PM
We really need the 4th official to be on the spot for those kind of decisions.

It's difficult to tell whether Evra is outraged because Suarez is snubbing him, or whether he's playing 'gamesmanship' by saying 'don't even try and shake my hand you racist prick' and then play-acting the injured innocent when he doesn't.

Whatever, neither of them has come out well today.

:agree:

And I thought hitler was more of a pizzzhut man.....

hibeeleicester
11-02-2012, 05:12 PM
So your girlfriend uses that term freely over here when talking to black people and you are wholly comfortable with that then? You use that term anywhere and you cannot be 'wrongly accused' of racism. You can correctly be accused of racism. And racism is total bull****

I have alot of black friends and they are fine with being called black, that's because they are, like we are white.

I'm Lewis and yeah I'm a White ****, not racist to me at all, my skin colour is White and people think I'm a **** so that's fact?

If someone calls you a black ****, it's just an opinion, your black and if they think your a **** then that's what they think?

stu in nottingham
11-02-2012, 05:12 PM

I thought both managers were as bad as each other.

:agree: What's more, you can bet that if Ferguson was Liverpool manager and Dalglish Man Utd boss, they'd both have diametrically opposite views about the situation to the ones they have now.

easty
11-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Frimpong On Twitter : " Liverpool Fans Saying That Evra Celebrated Like He Won The League, I'm Suprised They Remember What That Looks Like "

An Arsenal player not good enough to get in the worst Arsenal team for years at that!

SRHibs
11-02-2012, 05:27 PM
I have alot of black friends and they are fine with being called black, that's because they are, like we are white.

I'm Lewis and yeah I'm a White ****, not racist to me at all, my skin colour is White and people think I'm a **** so that's fact?

If someone calls you a black ****, it's just an opinion, your black and if they think your a **** then that's what they think?

Well, that's wrong. Negative connotations are clearly being added to the word 'black' when it's used as part of the insult.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Having been at the Liverpool v Forest game in Sheffield and being astounded by the dignified way that KD conducted himself afterwards I'm astounded by his actions with this debacle, some of his statements are soul destroying.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-02-2012, 05:30 PM
I never saw the incident, I'm told Saha pulled his hand away! FFS!

leither17
11-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Not seen it on tv yet but does that picture tell the story that evra never offered his hand then did when suarez pulled away or is the angle deceiving?

jonty
11-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Not seen it on tv yet but does that picture tell the story that evra never offered his hand then did when suarez pulled away or is the angle deceiving?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16996567

Its possibly the angle, but to me it looks like Suarez shakes the mascots hand then looks to go straight to the keeper, skipping evra.
Evra didn't need to grab his arm to make a point though.

Handbags, it shouldn't really have come up after Suarez had served his suspension.

ancient hibee
11-02-2012, 06:39 PM
All this handshaking at the start is pretentious rubbish and totally pointless.

Pete
11-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Dearie me. It looks like a lot of people have jumped the gun and made themselves look rather foolish. United's manger and captain, the press and some people on this thread just couldn't help themselves.
I would say far from make himself look foolish, kenny gave the perfect answers in the circumstances.
Sometimes things aren't always as they seem and its best to be sure of the facts before ranting on.

Pretty Boy
11-02-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16996567

Its possibly the angle, but to me it looks like Suarez shakes the mascots hand then looks to go straight to the keeper, skipping evra.
Evra didn't need to grab his arm to make a point though.

Handbags, it shouldn't really have come up after Suarez had served his suspension.

That's my take on it having watched again. Agree re Evra too. Should have just let it go and left Suarez looking like a fool.

As i said earlier too the 2 managers could have done more post match to defuse the situation. Now we are going to be subjected to another weeks tit for tat nonsense in the press, possibly another Premier League investigation and god knows what else.

A simple touch of the hands today could have left a pretty sorry incident in.the past but for whatever reasons, justified or otherwise, a few parties on show today seem determined to keep the whole thing rolling along.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Dearie me. It looks like a lot of people have jumped the gun and made themselves look rather foolish. United's manger and captain, the press and some people on this thread just couldn't help themselves.
I would say far from make himself look foolish, kenny gave the perfect answers in the circumstances.
Sometimes things aren't always as they seem and its best to be sure of the facts before ranting on.

OK then lord overseer of the facts, please tell us the ins and outs of the situation!

Thecat23
11-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Saurez is a class A erase. He's also a dirty player. Watched him a few times and the man has no class. Evra should have just pied the life out him to start with. I'm not a fan of either of those clubs I also can't stand both managers. For me both managers should have said to each player, shake hands and be the better man. So if Fergie did and "King Kenny" never says it all about him really. I thought since he's been back at pool he's more like the arrogant sour face dog that was at Celtic.

Austinho
11-02-2012, 07:24 PM

If someone calls you a black ****, it's just an opinion, your black and if they think your a **** then that's what they think?I'm sure Evra has no problem being called black either, but that isn't all Saurez said – would be helpful if you knew the facts before commenting.

It's also incredibly naive to think calling someone a black **** or a paki ******* isn't racist, and you will find yourself in a lot of trouble at some point if you truly believe that.

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2012, 07:28 PM

As big a fan as I am of KD, he has IMO made a complete erse of the whole situation! Discretion Kenny.............Discretion

jonty
11-02-2012, 07:45 PM
What are these facts that we keep hearing about? I assume it's the same ones that couldn't be produced at the hearing, where Suarez was found guilty? Surely that would have been the best time to introduce them?

Kenny said in the interview, Suarez not shaking hands was contrary to what he was told. It begs the question, who's told him porkies?
Liverpool, the players and the manager are getting a different story from everyone else it seems.

HH81
11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Ok let's move on from this and say Suarez and Evra are both idiots. I think we already know this anyway.

Malthibby
11-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Saurez was found guilty of racism & has now reinforced the view of him as a rascist by refusing to shake Evra's hand.
Don't see what else there is to say.
If calling someone a black xxxx in Leicester isn't considered rascist I'm damn glad I don't live there.

Wotherspiniesta
11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
This just about sums up the way Liverpool and KD have handled the situation for me.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/11/liverpool-kenny-dalglish-luis-suarez

Hibby 2005
11-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Ok let's move on from this and say Suarez and Evra are both idiots. I think we already know this anyway.

Sums it all up. A lot of nonsense given what's happening in the world today.

woodythehibee
Surely if not shaking evra's hand is reinforcing him as a racist as you claim, then he would not have shaken any other black players hand which he has done. Therefore it does not reinforce him as a racist at all.

1Eddie_Turnbull

Aye, and my girlfriend used to work in the circus and she says you're a clown! At some point you learn that you have to take responsibility for your actions and admit when you're wrong. For most people this is when they reach adulthood. For Suarez and Dalglish it still hasn't happened. Liverpool FC, still playing the victim.

--------
11-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Its quite telling that a lot of those who are slagging liverpool for their victim mentality probably weren't even born when certain major incidents involving the club took place. You don't know what you're talking about.

They're supported by glory hunting youngsters because they have been the best team since they were born. Zero credibility and no better than old firm fans from outside glasgow who simply choose a winning team.

If you have that strong an opinion on liverpool and such a fondness for a manchester team why don't you all go and bl00dy live there?

:top marks

Between the Broonaldo love-ins and the arguments about Liverpool/ Man Utd/ Man City/ anybody-but-Hibs I sometimes wonder what club this website is supposed to be attached to?

Supposing the FA decided to lock Suarez and Evra up in the same cell, threw away the key and let them settle it any whaich way they liked ....

.... I for one would strongly resist any impulse I might feel to write to Amnesty International on their behalf.

And they could do us all a favour and put Ferguson and Dalglish in the next cell along. :cb

H18sry
11-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Why did the premier league cancel the hand shakes 2 weeks ago when QPR played at Chelsea due to the Ferdinand and Terry incident but allow it to go ahead today? Were the just looking for a reaction?

Iggy Pope
11-02-2012, 08:30 PM

Eh?
You would need to be very young not to remember an Arsenal legue win. Are you one of the Hibs.net under-10s that sneaks on here and gets their mum to complain about the swearing?

FWIW this thread is an irrelevance.

jonty
11-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Why did the premier league cancel the hand shakes 2 weeks ago when QPR played at Chelsea due to the Ferdinand and Terry incident but allow it to go ahead today? Were the just looking for a reaction?

If it was due to that incident, then perhaps because it hadn't been heard yet?

weonlywon6-2
11-02-2012, 08:33 PM
All this handshaking at the start is pretentious rubbish and totally pointless.

:agree::agree:

they have both behaved like complete fuds today. everyone should move on but they wont

the press just love this sort of thing

HibeeSince85
11-02-2012, 08:51 PM

So just to be clear, calling someone a black **** is in your opinion not racist?

mmmmhibby
11-02-2012, 08:58 PM
the fa charges against saurez were seemingly based on evidence from evra himself an nobody else. after presumably gathering statements from both players they decided to charge saurez. somehow, i think saurez himself may perhaps be thinking he wasnt being treated properly as it was basically his recollection of the incident v evra's and that there were no other witnesses as such. the general feeling at anfield seems to be that the FA sided with evra when dealing with this. regardless, there is no place in this society for racism and saurez should've offered his hand to evra.

Beefster
11-02-2012, 09:02 PM

This type of chat is the reason my heart sinks whenever we have a 'race' thread on here.

SMAXXA
11-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Suarez is a total disgrace IMO what a complet and utter dingle for doing what he did today.

HibbyAndy
11-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Never mind Saurez, The biggest ersehole is Dalglish,

What a complete and utter fan dan he is, Its the whole world against Liverpool, Aw diddums Kenny. Made a complete and utter erse of himself whilst being interviewed by Geoff Shreeves slavering on about everything and anything other than what shreeves asked him.Tit.

HH81
11-02-2012, 09:11 PM
I honestly don't think Evra thinks he is a racist. I even don't think he was that bothered about this.

He has used this situation to get one of Liverpool's players best players suspended for a few games. Personally think they are a bunch of idiots and people on here are taking sides based on which club they like best.

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Patrice Evra is a prick of the highest order. Hate him. SAF said Suarez could have caused a riot at the end, but lmao, he did nothing, it was all Evra. Prick.

Bigbobajob
11-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Well, that's wrong. Negative connotations are clearly being added to the word 'black' when it's used as part of the insult.

Exactly. 'White' generally speaking isn't added to the insult....

Hibby 2005
11-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Evra and Suarez deserve each other, both little boys with too much money and small brains.

You can add King Kenny and oor Alex too.

Jonnyboy
11-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Not read this thread because I anticipated a fairly high number of posts written from a United or Pool fans perspective.

Bottom line is that Suarez simply added fuel to the fire and should have been instructed by his Club to conform with the pre match schedule.

Danderhall Hibs
11-02-2012, 09:22 PM

Chelsea v QPR was in the FA Cup - different organisations, different rules.

I still don't really understand what the pre-match handshake is supposed to achieve anyway.

joe breezy
11-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Kenny Dalglish was a total hero fir me when I was a kid.
I'm genuinely disappointed in the guy - all along he should have said we support Luis as a player and believe he wasn't intentionally being racist BUT he needs to realise that referring to an opponent repeatedly by their skin colour in this country isn't acceptable.

But no, he has given completely the wrong message about racism in football to kids and to Liverpool fans, the vast majority of who I'm sure are against racism in football as much as any set of fans nowadays.

heretoday
11-02-2012, 09:32 PM
The whole handshake thing is a complete charade. Half the time the players don't even look at each other. What kind of a handshake is that?

Then they go out and try to con the ref, do sneaky fouls and kick lumps out of the opposition for 90 minutes. It would be more honest if they went along the line and slapped each other on the face!

The whole business is obviously got up by some airhead in FIFA under the mistaken impression that kids will be fooled by it.

tamig
11-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Patrice Evra is a prick of the highest order. Hate him. SAF said Suarez could have caused a riot at the end, but lmao, he did nothing, it was all Evra. Prick.

That's a couple of outbursts you've had on this thread. So how - in your opinion - is Suarez in the right in all of this sorry episode, and Evra in the wrong? What is at the root of the abuse you've thrown at Evra? Quite interested to know.

EasterRoad4Ever
11-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I can tell you now, Suarez is finished in English football and will be sold by Liverpool as soon as. The press, other players, opposing fans will hound the guy out of the the country. What an air-head he is - but that applies to a lot of footballers who haven't the good sense of a gnat. All he had to do is swallow whatever pride he had - for the good of the game - but no, he's upped the stakes, and there will be only one loser in all of this - Suarez. Shame really cos he WAS a good player. He's finished.

Tynie01011973
11-02-2012, 09:42 PM

It was an FA decision to do away with the handshakes prior QPR v Chelsea - as it was an FA Cup Tie [came under their jurisdiction]

The EPL decided to go with the norm as has happened for years prior to all EPL games

JimBHibees
11-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Kenny Dalglish was a total hero fir me when I was a kid.
I'm genuinely disappointed in the guy - all along he should have said we support Luis as a player and believe he wasn't intentionally being racist BUT he needs to realise that referring to an opponent repeatedly by their skin colour in this country isn't acceptable.

But no, he has given completely the wrong message about racism in football to kids and to Liverpool fans, the vast majority of who I'm sure are against racism in football as much as any set of fans nowadays.

Completely agree his behaviour has been appalling in this episode and has set the tone that somehow Suarez is the victim in this which is disgusting IMO.

Lester B
11-02-2012, 09:49 PM

Are 'we'? All of us? Really? You're sure about that?

If someone from another race called you that then that would be racist. I wouldn't call you a White **** . Based upon your posts though there are more apt prefixes to **** that would seem apposite

It's 'you're' not 'your' which frankly is the most constructive thing thing I can say about that sentence

Lester B
11-02-2012, 09:52 PM
This type of chat is the reason my heart sinks whenever we have a 'race' thread on here.

Sorry I'm a long term lurker and very rarely post. Should have known that would open a can of worms.

HH81
11-02-2012, 09:59 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082524/Patrice-Evra-video-using-n-word-YoutTube.html

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 10:06 PM
That's a couple of outbursts you've had on this thread. So how - in your opinion - is Suarez in the right in all of this sorry episode, and Evra in the wrong? What is at the root of the abuse you've thrown at Evra? Quite interested to know.

No Evra did nothing wrong in this 'episode' until today. I hate when players try to get a reaction from others. Seeing him run the length of the pitch to celebrate infront of Suarez really annoys me, cos he was trying to get a reaction and glad Suarez didn't react.

tamig
11-02-2012, 10:12 PM
No Evra did nothing wrong in this 'episode' until today. I hate when players try to get a reaction from others. Seeing him run the length of the pitch to celebrate infront of Suarez really annoys me, cos he was trying to get a reaction and glad Suarez didn't react.

So that really makes you hate him and call him the names you called him? Did you not think Suarez had a few nips at Evra during the game? There was only one person doing the incitement today - and it wasn't Evra.

1Eddie_Turnbull
11-02-2012, 10:15 PM

Again, always the victims, never at fault. Kenny Dalglish, a man I used to have total respect for, and his archaic attitude to this whole saga has done LFC, and football in general, a huge disservice. The stance he has adopted has been the yardstick for the likes of you to measure up to.

Suarez, Dalglish and LFC need to grow a set, hold their hands up, take responsibility for themselves and admit they were wrong. Instead we get the usual moral outrage and none of the contrition we should have witnessed. It's a sad day for what should be one of the world's top football clubs.

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 10:16 PM
So that really makes you hate him and call him the names you called him? Did you not think Suarez had a few nips at Evra during the game? There was only one person doing the incitement today - and it wasn't Evra.

Just generally dislike him.

tamig
11-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Just generally dislike him.

Fair enough then. That's a good reason I suppose....

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Again, always the victims, never at fault. Kenny Dalglish, a man I used to have total respect for, and his archaic attitude to this whole saga has done LFC, and football in general, a huge disservice. The stance he has adopted has been the yardstick for the likes of you to measure up to.

Suarez, Dalglish and LFC need to grow a set, hold their hands up, take responsibility for themselves and admit they were wrong. Instead we get the usual moral outrage and none of the contrition we should have witnessed. It's a sad day for what should be one of the world's top football clubs.

There is no 'likes of me'. My opinions are my own. If you disagree then fair enough, but you are wasting your time starting an arguement.

andy1875
11-02-2012, 10:20 PM

Your post earlier today about Suarez being a "legend" was stupid, calling Evra a prick and stating that you hate him- please explain your reasoning behind this feeling?

Evra got dogs abuse at Anfield during the FA cup game a couple of weeks ago, was ignored by Suarez during the handshake and then beat Liverpool to go back top of the EPL. Did he celebrate in front of the away end? NO Did he celebrate in front of the Stretford End? Yes Hardly crime of the century.

One thing is certain. Your "legend" has made himself look even DAFTER than he did before kick of today. That in itself is some achievement. He's an idiot and I'd gladly never watch him play again in the EPL.

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Your post earlier today about Suarez being a "legend" was stupid, calling Evra a prick and stating that you hate him- please explain your reasoning behind this feeling?

Evra got dogs abuse at Anfield during the FA cup game a couple of weeks ago, was ignored by Suarez during the handshake and then beat Liverpool to go back top of the EPL. Did he celebrate in front of the away end? NO Did he celebrate in front of the Stretford End? Yes Hardly crime of the century.

One thing is certain. Your "legend" has made himself look even DAFTER than he did before kick of today. That in itself is some achievement. He's an idiot and I'd gladly never watch him play again in the EPL.

Sound.

tamig
11-02-2012, 10:22 PM
There is no 'likes of me'. My opinions are my own. If you disagree then fair enough, but you are wasting your time starting an arguement.

How's that then? Do you not indulge? You don't half spout some pish on this board. Some of your "opinions" are severely lacking in any foundation.

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 10:24 PM
How's that then? Do you not indulge? You don't half spout some pish on this board. Some of your "opinions" are severely lacking in any foundation.

How can an opinion lack foundation? It's an opinion. Cheers btw, appreciated.

Sir David Gray
I can't believe there's anyone complaining about what Ferguson said today.

I will admit that he can be as bad as anyone when giving very one-sided and blinkered comments in an argument that he knows he is wrong about but on this occasion he is bang on the money.

Luis Suarez is a disgrace and if Liverpool had any dignity then he would be hounded out the club.

For Kenny Dalglish to stand there in front of the Sky Sports cameras earlier and say that Suarez had not been to blame for anything that had happened today is beyond belief.

Not only that, he actually used the usual Liverpool tactic of shifting the blame onto someone else by trying to claim that it was Sky's coverage in the lead up to this game that had contributed to today's problems and that when the teams played a couple of weeks ago in the FA Cup (a game that wasn't shown on Sky) there was no trouble that day.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he's trying to play that kind of card to be honest, as it is the typical Liverpool defence mechanism, but it's incredibly disappointing.

Even Ferguson found it possible to criticise his own player when he was informed that Evra had been celebrating right in front of Suarez at the end of the game. He said that he shouldn't have done that.

For anyone looking at the still pictures that have been posted on here and then trying to say that Suarez offered his hand to Evra and it was Evra who blanked him instead, based on what they show, they are totally misleading.

If you check the videos on the incident, you'll see quite clearly that Suarez shakes the hand of the young mascot, walks straight past Evra and then puts his hand out to shake hands with de Gea.

He had absolutely no intention of shaking Evra's hand today. To try and claim otherwise is just wrong.

Perhaps it was because Anton Ferdinand had told QPR officials before that game that he did not wish to shake John Terry's hand. They'll have told the FA this who, instead of creating a major talking point when the two of them would have come face-to-face and having Ferdinand blanking him, they've had it scrapped altogether.

In this case, from what Ferguson said in his interview today, he spoke with Evra this morning and he told him that he wanted to shake Suarez's hand. That's why it went ahead today.

He wasn't to know that Suarez would completely ignore him.

Good on Evra for being the bigger man. It's just a pity that Suarez couldn't have done likewise.

1Eddie_Turnbull

There clearly is a 'likes of you' i.e. people who would rather excuse Suarez's/Dalglish's actions and play the victim rather than face the facts. And I'm not looking for an argument, just expressing my opinion as you did.

Tynie01011973
11-02-2012, 10:26 PM

So having had to withstand 5 months of horrendous abuse from LFC and their fans for being racially abused - then when he tried to put an end to this whole sorry episode by offering to shake hands and is blanked - he is not entitled to celebrate ??

He went round the whole Man U support before getting any where near where Suarez was - it was not nice to see him goading the racist - but after the bile/hatred he has had to withstand over the last few months it was quite an understandable reaction to say to Suaraz GIRFUY !!!

:aok:

tamig
11-02-2012, 10:27 PM
How can an opinion lack foundation? It's an opinion. Cheers btw, appreciated.

See your reply a few above. You call the guy a prick and you hate him. Why? Because you "generally dislike him". Great foundation there Einstein. :rolleyes:

andy1875
11-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Sound.

Good response. Your almost as much of a legend if your own head by the sounds of it.

Grow the f up and don't come on public boards trying to defend a racist. It's not smart.

joe breezy
11-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Good article in The Guardian

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/11/liverpool-kenny-dalglish-luis-suarez?cat=football&type=article

hibsbollah
11-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Suarez said to Evra "i dont speak to blacks".
Dalglish thinks that Suarez shouldnt have had any sanction at all because of this.

Thats all anyone needs to know. Liverpool FC is becoming a disgrace of an organisation.

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Suarez said to Evra "i dont speak to blacks".
Dalglish thinks that Suarez shouldnt have had any sanction at all because of this.

Thats all anyone needs to know. Liverpool FC is becoming a disgrace of an organisation.

I don't believe he said that, his parents are black?

Pete
11-02-2012, 10:36 PM
What are these facts that we keep hearing about? I assume it's the same ones that couldn't be produced at the hearing, where Suarez was found guilty? Surely that would have been the best time to introduce them?

I'm not talking about the case.

Kenny said in the interview, Suarez not shaking hands was contrary to what he was told. It begs the question, who's told him porkies?
Liverpool, the players and the manager are getting a different story from everyone else it seems.

Ten minutes after the incident it was all over various internet sites that Suarez had totally blanked Evras outstretched hand. The media had their finger on the trigger with headlines and comments like "Suarez snubs Evra" when the whole thing happened in a split second and I honestly don't think it's as conclusive as everyone thinks.
I've watched it again and again and it looks like Evra withdrew his hand slightly when Suarez walked past him and Suarez then just moved on. It was hardly an "outsretched hand". However, I think it makes for better headlines to interpret it in the worst possible light for Suarez.

Perhaps Kenny did look at the incident and come to the conclusion that Evra was at fault also...and was maybe "playing the victim" slightly. The reporter from sky asked him about Suarez "refusing"....and then stated that "I'm telling you he refused to shake his hand". I think he showed restraint and was really wanting to tell him that he was an erse for being judge, jury and executioner.

Personally, I think they were both in the wrong here and they are as much to blame as each other and just because the media have interpreted the incident one way doesn't mean that's what happened. I think Suarez is being hung out to dry and people are assuming the worst because he lost the case.

...and Ferguson can get lost....telling Liverpool who they should and shouldn't play. Someone who plays a man who kung-fu kicks a fan and another who admitted trying to end another mans career is in no position to take any moral high ground when it comes to team selection.

Pete
11-02-2012, 10:42 PM
I can't believe there's anyone complaining about what Ferguson said today.

I will admit that he can be as bad as anyone when giving very one-sided and blinkered comments in an argument that he knows he is wrong about but on this occasion he is bang on the money.

Luis Suarez is a disgrace and if Liverpool had any dignity then he would be hounded out the club.

For Kenny Dalglish to stand there in front of the Sky Sports cameras earlier and say that Suarez had not been to blame for anything that had happened today is beyond belief.

Not only that, he actually used the usual Liverpool tactic of shifting the blame onto someone else by trying to claim that it was Sky's coverage in the lead up to this game that had contributed to today's problems and that when the teams played a couple of weeks ago in the FA Cup (a game that wasn't shown on Sky) there was no trouble that day.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he's trying to play that kind of card to be honest, as it is the typical Liverpool defence mechanism, but it's incredibly disappointing.

Even Ferguson found it possible to criticise his own player when he was informed that Evra had been celebrating right in front of Suarez at the end of the game. He said that he shouldn't have done that.

For anyone looking at the still pictures that have been posted on here and then trying to say that Suarez offered his hand to Evra and it was Evra who blanked him instead, based on what they show, they are totally misleading.

If you check the videos on the incident, you'll see quite clearly that Suarez shakes the hand of the young mascot, walks straight past Evra and then puts his hand out to shake hands with de Gea.

He had absolutely no intention of shaking Evra's hand today. To try and claim otherwise is just wrong.

Perhaps it was because Anton Ferdinand had told QPR officials before that game that he did not wish to shake John Terry's hand. They'll have told the FA this who, instead of creating a major talking point when the two of them would have come face-to-face and having Ferdinand blanking him, they've had it scrapped altogether.

In this case, from what Ferguson said in his interview today, he spoke with Evra this morning and he told him that he wanted to shake Suarez's hand. That's why it went ahead today.

He wasn't to know that Suarez would completely ignore him.

Good on Evra for being the bigger man. It's just a pity that Suarez couldn't have done likewise.

Is that because you say so?

hfc rd
11-02-2012, 10:46 PM
It makes me laugh somebody denouncing a player for apparently being racist then making comments like that!!!!

Apparently being racist? The guy is racist. Surely you heard what he said to the court when he was trying to plead for his innocence in this matter. Then dalglish has the audacity to come out after Suarez is given a 8-9 match ban by saying the word "black n**** is common in Uruguay? FFS but that doesnt mean it can get used in the uk. He knows the consequences of racism in this country.Suarez is supposed to be a role model for young boys but he Suarez could have once and for all ended this argument by being a gentlemen and shaking Evra's hand and apologising to him. If Evra refused it then he should be blamed but at least he offered his hand and Suarez just ignored him as if their was no one standing there. We are trying to kick racism out of our game and Suarez has just looked as if he has dragged this matter on when he could have finished it. It's just a pity that this great rivalry of two of the most successfull British clubs in history has been marred by this racism row all season.

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Apparently being racist? The guy is racist. Surely you heard what he said to the court when he was trying to plead for his innocence in this matter. Then dalglish has the audacity to come out after Suarez is given a 8-9 match ban by saying the word "black n**** is common in Uruguay? FFS but that doesnt mean it can get used in the uk. He knows the consequences of racism in this country.Suarez is supposed to be a role model for young boys but he Suarez could have once and for all ended this argument by being a gentlemen and shaking Evra's hand and apologising to him. If Evra refused it then he should be blamed but at least he offered his hand and Suarez just ignored him as if their was no one standing there. We are trying to kick racism out of our game and Suarez has just looked as if he has dragged this matter on when he could have finished it. It's just a pity that this great rivalry of two of the most successfull British clubs in history has been marred by this racism row all season.

The thing is though, it's true, it is common in his country, and not seen as a bad thing. Not defending him saying he wasn't racist but no proof he definately was trying to be.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2012, 10:58 PM
The thing is though, it's true, it is common in his country, and not seen as a bad thing. Not defending him saying he wasn't racist but no proof he definately was trying to be.

None? In the whole of the 108 page document that summarised the case?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-02-2012, 11:00 PM

Didn't suarez gob on an Everton? player last season?

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Not sure, not that i can remember.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Not sure, not that i can remember.

In that case, if there was no proof on any of the 108 pages, don't you think that someone might have questioned the verdict?

leither17
11-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Watched MOTD there and still confused I think suarez offered the hand

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Sure he gobbed on someone. Anyone remember? Centre of the park, bit of a barney that didn't really involve Suarez, but he took the opportunity for a sly gob?

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2012, 11:10 PM

I don't think he did, though I do think Evra withdrew his hand slightly from the previous handshake as if he was hesitant as to wether Suareaz was going to offer the handshake.

1Eddie_Turnbull
11-02-2012, 11:12 PM

Well I'll try to clear up the confusion for you. He didn't!

sundo1875
11-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Slightly off topic. But, throughout the whole game the man united fans were singing "you scouse ba******. Now surely that is racist. No?

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2012, 11:14 PM

Well that's that then, thanks for clearing that up Luis!

JimBHibees

Maybe you need to read the report of the affair.

Scouse Hibee
Slightly off topic. But, throughout the whole game the man united fans were singing "you scouse ba******. Now surely that is racist. No?

No!

CallumLaidlaw

Scousers aren't a race.

Wotherspiniesta
11-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Sure he gobbed on someone. Anyone remember? Centre of the park, bit of a barney that didn't really involve Suarez, but he took the opportunity for a sly gob?

And you can add to that him sticking the finger up at the Fulham fans.

The guy is an arse.

leither17
11-02-2012, 11:17 PM
I don't think he did, though I do think Evra withdrew his hand slightly from the previous handshake as if he was hesitant as to wether Suareaz was going to offer the handshake.

I think evra played it

JimBHibees

Stop defending the indefensible. He isnt in Uruguay, he played in Holland for a multi racial team he knew exactly what he was doing. Just a pity his manager and club have decided to make things worse by their pathetic actions with Dalglish the main culprit.

Scouse Hibee
And you can add to that him sticking the finger up at the Fulham fans.

The guy is an arse.

Wow any more!

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Have you ever swore at a player before? Aye? Your an arse too then by your statement.

And Sundo, not racist but at the same time not much better.

sundo1875
Scousers aren't a race.

Ok so it's ok to call someone a ba****** because they have a scouse accent but if the man united fans used the word black, then that is not acceptable

JimBHibees
In that case, if there was no proof on any of the 108 pages, don't you think that someone might have questioned the verdict?

Including his club who refused to appeal yet their ignorant manager continues to say he was hard down to.

CallumLaidlaw
I think evra played it

I don't. Suarez had NO intention of shaking Evras hand. There's no hesitation from him, he just moves
Straight over to the next player

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Ok so it's ok to call someone a ba****** because they have a scouse accent but if the man united fans used the word black, then that is not acceptable

Mate serious question...............are you on the wind up?

CallumLaidlaw
11-02-2012, 11:20 PM

You'll have never sang "you hearts Ba*****" then?

Thecat23
11-02-2012, 11:21 PM
This is unreal.. He was found GUILTY for using abusive & racist language towards Evra. Facts were produced in court. He made a Noel Hunt of it today by not shaking his hand. So for those defending him saying he's not racist why not shake his hand? Big deal if he shook other black players hands. They weren't the ones he abused. My English team is West Ham so I couldn't care about man u or pool. But this debate is getting ridiculous. As for Dalglish he should pull his head out his @rse and man up FFS. You really are making a fool of yourself.

sundo1875
11-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Mate serious question...............are you on the wind up?

No. I just think that IMO its not acceptable to sing that at a football game but nothing will be done about it.

JimBHibees
11-02-2012, 11:22 PM
I don't. Suarez had NO intention of shaking Evras hand. There's no hesitation from him, he just moves
Straight over to the next player

Yep no doubt about it anyone saying otherwise is at it.

Wotherspiniesta
11-02-2012, 11:23 PM

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0810/facepalm-face-palm-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1223672935.jpg

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Stop defending the indefensible. He isnt in Uruguay, he played in Holland for a multi racial team he knew exactly what he was doing. Just a pity his manager and club have decided to make things worse by their pathetic actions with Dalglish the main culprit.

Kenny is my all time Scotland hero. Dissapointed with the way he is handling this.

Scouse Hibee
11-02-2012, 11:24 PM
No. I just think that IMO its not acceptable to sing that at a football game but nothing will be done about it.

What exactly do you object to scouse or ba*****s?

1Eddie_Turnbull
11-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Well that's that then, thanks for clearing that up Luis!

Nae bother! :wink:

silverhibee
11-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Sound.

Check the batteries in the remote control... :greengrin

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Check the batteries in the remote control... :greengrin

:tee hee:

silverhibee
11-02-2012, 11:53 PM
:tee hee:

:tee hee: :dj: :tee hee:

Pete
11-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Yep no doubt about it anyone saying otherwise is at it.

Well that's that then. Three of you have all agreed so your version of events must be correct.

You forgot "FACT" at the end as that would have just sealed it.

frazeHFC
11-02-2012, 11:56 PM
:tee hee: :dj: :tee hee:

:nanafunk:

Expecting Rain
12-02-2012, 12:23 AM

Between the Broonaldo love-ins and the arguments about Liverpool/ Man Utd/ Man City/ anybody-but-Hibs I sometimes wonder what club this website is supposed to be attached to?

Supposing the FA decided to lock Suarez and Evra up in the same cell, threw away the key and let them settle it any whaich way they liked ....

.... I for one would strongly resist any impulse I might feel to write to Amnesty International on their behalf.

And they could do us all a favour and put Ferguson and Dalglish in the next cell along. :cb

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Suppose there may be a difference between what is considered 'Racist' and 'Offensive'.

i.e.

"You Black *******"
"You English *******'
"You Scottish *******"
"You Scouse *******"
"You Hearts *******"
"You Fenian *******"
"You Orange *******"

Is there any worse than any other and if so, why? Genuine question.

Expecting Rain
12-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Suppose there may be a difference between what is considered 'Racist' and 'Offensive'.

i.e.

"You Black *******"
"You English *******'
"You Scottish *******"
"You Scouse *******"
"You Hearts *******"
"You Fenian *******"
"You Orange *******"

Exactly, the purpose of this thread should make everybody look more closely at their own judgements rather than demonise individuals or football clubs.

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 12:52 AM

I saw it live on Sky before I went to ER and Suarez was defo at fault! Subsequently confirmed on MOTD!

Suarez is a horrible little man who tried to bite an opponents ear off before he left Holland for Liverpool!

He should get another ban for prolonging this sorry tale un-necessarily and for being an absolute disgrace IMO!

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 12:55 AM
This is unreal.. He was found GUILTY for using abusive & racist language towards Evra. Facts were produced in court. He made a Noel Hunt of it today by not shaking his hand. So for those defending him saying he's not racist why not shake his hand? Big deal if he shook other black players hands. They weren't the ones he abused. My English team is West Ham so I couldn't care about man u or pool. But this debate is getting ridiculous. As for Dalglish he should pull his head out his @rse and man up FFS. You really are making a fool of yourself.

Spot on!

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-02-2012, 12:58 AM

I concur! I really cannae comprehend this Evra withdrew his hand BS!

frazeHFC
12-02-2012, 12:59 AM
I saw it live on Sky before I went to ER and Suarez was defo at fault! Subsequently confirmed on MOTD!

Suarez is a horrible little man who tried to bite an opponents ear off before he left Holland for Liverpool!

He should get another ban for prolonging this sorry tale un-necessarily and for being an absolute disgrace IMO!

If talking of prolonging it should Evra get one for clearly trying to wind up Suarez at the end?

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 01:08 AM
If talking of prolonging it should Evra get one for clearly trying to wind up Suarez at the end?

What Evra did at the end of the game was regrettable but also understandable in the context of what happened before the game started!

However, both clubs agreed that the public handshakes before the game would draw a line under the whole sorry saga once and for all and Suarez MUST HAVE AGREED TO THAT!!

Renaging on that was inexcusable IMO!

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 01:12 AM
!

Sometimes I wish I could be so succinct! :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Sometimes I wish I could be so succinct! :wink:

Somebody had to say it!

I blame the Strongbow for my abruptness though!

frazeHFC
12-02-2012, 01:17 AM
!

Haha lmao. 40 years old and you cannot contribute to the discussion so resort to that. Great reading, keep it up.

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Somebody had to say it!

I blame the Strongbow for my abruptness though!

Sorry do I know you or was there a particular point that you were making that I have somehow missed? :rolleyes: :greengrin

hfc rd
12-02-2012, 01:28 AM

So Suarez has done nothing wrong and it is all Evra's fault as what most of your posts in this thread indicate. What exact proof do you need to understand that Evra was racially abused by Suarez in the league match at anfield earlier in the season and that clear evidence was given? Well then, here is the transcript that shows Suarez is a dirty racist twat whether you like it or not.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/01/fa-report-luis-suarez-patrice-evra?cat=football&type=article

frazeHFC
12-02-2012, 01:32 AM
K

So Suarez has done nothing wrong and it is all Evra's fault as what most of your posts in this thread indicate. What exact proof do you need to understand that Evra was racially abused by Suarez in the league match at anfield earlier in the season and that clear evidence was given? Well then, here is the transcript that shows Suarez is a dirty racist twat whether you like it or not.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/01/fa-report-luis-suarez-patrice-evra?cat=football&type=article

Give up, your boring me now.

hfc rd
12-02-2012, 01:37 AM
K

Give up, your boring me now.

Well I think you are boring me as well know as just like your beloved suarez, you must be racist as well.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Sorry do I know you or was there a particular point that you were making that I have somehow missed? :rolleyes:

I dont know if you know me and I dont know if there is a point you've missed. I'm confused!

I'm pretty sure Suarez is a tit though!

frazeHFC
12-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Well I think you are boring me as well know as just like your beloved suarez, you must be racist as well.

Bless :hilarious

TornadoHibby
12-02-2012, 01:40 AM
I dont know if you know me and I dont know if there is a point you've missed. I'm confused!

I'm pretty sure Suarez is a tit though!

I'm sorry, I've had a few too and did add a :greengrin to my reply to your post!

I agree about Suarez!

YetholmHibee
12-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Watched the 'overhead' clip on MOTD footage a few times . . . and Evra dropped his hand. :agree: :agree:

When Evra shook hands with the previous Liverpool players his hand was out.

And Saurez kept his hand position constant.

So IMHO, Evra is being a complete idiot . . . and then starts crying when Saurez did not make the (extra) effort to shake his hand. :violin:

Evra - you are a :stirrer: and you have been so hard done by.

Basically, it is a lot of 'nothing' over a handshake.

TrickyNicky
12-02-2012, 01:50 AM

i.e.

"You Black *******" 1
"You English *******'5
"You Scottish *******"2
"You Scouse *******"4
"You Hearts *******"99
"You Fenian *******"3
"You Orange *******"6

I've taken the liberty of rating the above based in order of preference ( most offensive being #1 ), this is based on my personal insults belief system, I think we should all take the time to do the same and assess the results in a thread not dissimilar to " The Calender Thread "!

Pete
12-02-2012, 02:15 AM
Good article in The Guardian

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/11/liverpool-kenny-dalglish-luis-suarez?cat=football&type=article

It assumes Suarez deliberately blanked Evra. A bit like the paper itself it drones on and on if it thinks it knows what it's talking about with a complete disregard that there might be another point of view.

I think it's dreadful.

Pete
12-02-2012, 02:36 AM

He was found guilty of using racially aggravated language (or words to that effect) but the panel concluded that he wasn't racist and Evra himself stated the same.

The automatic assumption is that this is impossible but if the adjudicating body, the injured party and the accused all state that Suarez isn't racist then who are we to argue considering they know a lot more about the whole thing and are a lot more involved than we will ever be.

Pete
12-02-2012, 02:50 AM

i.e.

"You Black *******"
"You English *******'
"You Scottish *******"
"You Scouse *******"
"You Hearts *******"
"You Fenian *******"
"You Orange *******"

It depends on your definition of "race". Black definitely can be defined as racist as can Scottish and English. I don't know about Scouse but the other three surely cant.

It all depends on the person or people it is directed at and the context of the insult. You can't just say that the top one is automatically more offensive than the fourth one down because of this reason.

Used in their worst context, each insult suggests that there is something wrong with belonging to the group highlighted in bold.

I'm sure if I got into an argument in a pub with a black catholic from Liverpool then four of them, said in the worst way, would get him angry. Maybe not all equallly but that would depend on the individual.

Tha hearts one is different though. They deserve ridicule and there actually is something wrong with belonging to that specific group.

Pete
12-02-2012, 03:01 AM
Exactly, the purpose of this thread should make everybody look more closely at their own judgements rather than demonise individuals or football clubs.

That would be nice but I feel some people aren't even open-minded enough to consider that there might be another explanation.

I think they have trouble separating this issue from the actual race row. He was found guilty by the panel therefore it's totally inconceivable that he had nothing but 100% blame in the handshake thing.

It seems intolerance, stubbornness and closed minds aren't reserved for Liverpool and Suarez.

Thomson1875
12-02-2012, 03:23 AM
20 pager in the making this. Anyway more importantly there both planks who are over paid, who should be acting like pro footballers, saurez and evra shouldn't be acting like big bairns. You would think they would get on with it and act at least mature about it, like evra, shaking a hand isn't much of a big deal whether you want to or not. Hate them both but Saurez should have got on with it.

These top footballers eh nothing but a pain in the arse.

Pete
12-02-2012, 03:25 AM

The Green Goblin
12-02-2012, 05:11 AM
The thing is though, it's true, it is common in his country, and not seen as a bad thing.

Had to step in here (before the admins close the thread :-) what you said there is not actually true. As a very general rule in S America, it IS true that words for people containing some kind of reference to their skin colour are more common in everyday life, but it is also seen as a bad thing. Although it doesn't bring about the same level of moral outrage as in, say, the UK, for example, it is something that many many people don't like and speak out against. That's based on my own experience.

As with other countries, past and current use of language and educating people about how to use it respectfully (or how not to use it disrespectfully) is a work in progress.

Thankfully, it seems, at least in some places in Brazil right now, that there is a movement to gradually phase out certain words and phrases which contain implicit or more direct feelings of a negative racial nature.

It is not acceptable here, becoming even more so now, and it shouldn't be acceptable anywhere.

hibiedude
12-02-2012, 05:20 AM
Fergie tells the reporter that the history of Liverpool has gone because Suarez didn't shake hands with Evra, I've heard it all now, then tells Liverpool Suarez should never play for them again.

Part/Time Supporter
12-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Fergie tells the reporter that the history of Liverpool has gone because Suarez didn't shake hands with Evra, I've heard it all now, then tells Liverpool Suarez should never play for them again.

Fergie wouldn't be making such a song and dance if Suarez wasn't a good player. Mind you, Liverpool would probably have dumped Suarez by now if he wasn't.

HH81
12-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Is that because you say so?

No its because he is a man u fan. He doesn't want to think any Manchester united player would do anything wrong.

Evra is his hero and I don't want to say what he did with that handshake photo at some point today.

HH81
12-02-2012, 08:03 AM
Just watched it on motd. Evra dropped his hand after he shock the hand of the player before Suarez. Nailed on it happened.

I think he thought right he is not going to shake my hand so he went straight to keeper.

Both are idiots thought and least we all know that. Time to move on everyone.

Beefster
12-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Sorry I'm a long term lurker and very rarely post. Should have known that would open a can of worms.

No worries, it wasn't directed at anything like you posted. I was talking about race threads generally throwing up some "I'm not racist but..." type posts.

Any particular evidence of this doozy?

So the video from multiple angles doesn't convince you but a photo that doesn't really show anything does? Because the photo flattens everything, it makes it look like Suarez is trying to shake Evra's hand. In real life, Suarez didn't try to shake Evra's hand.

Do you think that this guy is really holding the Space Needle?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/h19/299141392/

I can respect the view that they are both twats but the folk trying to justify Suarez's behaviour aren't doing it based on the facts IMO.

R'Albin
12-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Eh?
You would need to be very young not to remember an Arsenal legue win. Are you one of the Hibs.net under-10s that sneaks on here and gets their mum to complain about the swearing?

What a strange response? No I'm not, it was quite obviously tongue-in-cheek. I'm sure pretty much all you do on this website is try and wind people up and it gets a bit tedious.

Gala Foxes
12-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Dalglish Sky interview is pretty uncomfortable viewing, no defence for Suarez's behaviour

HH81
12-02-2012, 08:53 AM
What Evra did at the end of the game was regrettable but also understandable in the context of what happened before the game started!

However, both clubs agreed that the public handshakes before the game would draw a line under the whole sorry saga once and for all and Suarez MUST HAVE AGREED TO THAT!!

Renaging on that was inexcusable IMO!

Evra moved his hand after shaking the Liverpool's players hand before Suarez. He clearly moved it, I saw it and so did you. You know it happened come on admit it. Evra moved his hand before Suarez got to it.

HH81
12-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Did anyone see the tackle from Rio and Evra about 2 mins in? I thought both players were going to try do Suarez?

How funny was it that they took each other out instead, all that was missing was Liverpool scoring and Suarez standing over them smiling and blowing them a kiss.

Right I'm off running.

Scouse Hibee
12-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Did anyone see the tackle from Rio and Evra about 2 mins in? I thought both players were going to try do Suarez?

How funny was it that they took each other out instead, all that was missing was Liverpool scoring and Suarez standing over them smiling and blowing them a kiss.

Right I'm off running.

Aye Ferdinand was lucky he didn't do himself a serious neck/spinal injury the way he landed!

frazeHFC
12-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Just read through some of this that i had missed.

Oh wow, mental. Saying someone deserves a career ending tackle imo is worse than a racist comment. Hadn't seen you post before last night but in the few posts i have now seen it would appear that it is indeed you who is the fud.

Eh?

Haha, it was clear to everyone that his post wasn't serious. Having a dig at him for that post is laughable beyond belief.

Matty_Jack04
12-02-2012, 09:58 AM

If it was a high profile man u player behaving like Suarez Id bet he'd be out on his erchie

PISTOL1875
12-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Far too many Man United players getting involved over this..

The matter is between Suarez and Evra..

Why is De Gea getting involved ?? WTF has it got to do with him ?

Why is that other prat Ferdinand getting involved in it ??

Bacon puss says this morning that Suarez should be kicked out of Liverpool. He should concentrate on his own team instead of worrying about what Liverpool are doing..........

HH81
12-02-2012, 10:18 AM
If it was a high profile man u player behaving like Suarez Id bet he'd be out on his erchie

Rooney or Cantona...... :wink:

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Far too many Man United players getting involved over this..

The matter is between Suarez and Evra..

Why is De Gea getting involved ?? WTF has it got to do with him ?

Why is that other prat Ferdinand getting involved in it ??

Bacon puss says this morning that Suarez should be kicked out of Liverpool. He should concentrate on his own team instead of worrying about what Liverpool are doing..........

But Suarez is a proven racist and has a history of being generally a bad sportsman (biting players/world cup incident). Whilst I like players with a 'bit of bite' (no pun intended) , there should be no place for him in football. :agree:

Dalgleish should also consider his comments after the game as well. You can't defend racists... Pathetic really...

PISTOL1875
12-02-2012, 10:26 AM
But Suarez is a proven racist and has a history of being generally a bad sportsman (biting players/world cup incident). Whilst I like players with a 'bit of bite' (no pun intended) , there should be no place for him in football. :agree:

Dalgleish should also consider his comments after the game as well. You can't defend racists... Pathetic really...

If you bother to read my post again , I at no point defend LS.. I am merely saying that the matter is between Suarez and Evra and other Man Utd players shouldn't be getting themselves involved.............

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2012, 10:34 AM
If you bother to read my post again , I at no point defend LS.. I am merely saying that the matter is between Suarez and Evra and other Man Utd players shouldn't be getting themselves involved.............

Why shouldn't they feel involved? Suarez's actions (both yesterday and previously) directly affected the match they played in. Saurez's lack of moral fibre directly affected the atmosphere in the crowd and the players on the pitch.

Here's a question for you then. Why did Liverpool players all wear t-shirts with Saurez on it a few weeks back?

Pretty Boy
12-02-2012, 10:37 AM

Have you ever played football at any level?

Genuine question, because if you had you would surely have some idea about team spirit and backing your team mates up. Liverpool players, rightly or wrongly, did it with Suarez when he was first accused, Man Utd players did it yesterday with Evra. To suggest others shouldn't get involved is naive at best.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2012, 10:48 AM

Yes, I have thank you very much :wink:

Genuine question, because if you had you would surely have some idea about team spirit and backing your team mates up. Liverpool players, rightly or wrongly, did it with Suarez when he was first accused, Man Utd players did it yesterday with Evra. To suggest others shouldn't get involved is naive at best.

So why did your post question why other Man Utd players got involved? Suggesting it should only be between Evra & Suarez?

You've kind of answered your own question there :cb

I'd suggest you make your mind up as to what you expected to have happened yesterday as you're contradicting yourself.

One post your asking why his team mates got involved and the next post your attempting to educate me on team spirit and how players back each other up?? :confused:

To ensure I enjoy the rest of my weekend confusion-free please confirm -

Did you expect Evra's team mates to back him up and show solidarity? (I did :agree:) or did you expect his team mates to stand back and leave him and Suarez?

lapsedhibee
12-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Had to step in here (before the admins close the thread :-) what you said there is not actually true. As a very general rule in S America, it IS true that words for people containing some kind of reference to their skin colour are more common in everyday life, but it is also seen as a bad thing. Although it doesn't bring about the same level of moral outrage as in, say, the UK, for example, it is something that many many people don't like and speak out against. That's based on my own experience.

As with other countries, past and current use of language and educating people about how to use it respectfully (or how not to use it disrespectfully) is a work in progress.

Thankfully, it seems, at least in some places in Brazil right now, that there is a movement to gradually phase out certain words and phrases which contain implicit or more direct feelings of a negative racial nature.

It is not acceptable here, becoming even more so now, and it shouldn't be acceptable anywhere.

Might not lock it for the race aspect, but if it turns into yet another Manchester C v Manchester U fest, as it looks as if it might. (Good post btw.)

tamig
12-02-2012, 10:54 AM
What a strange response? No I'm not, it was quite obviously tongue-in-cheek. I'm sure pretty much all you do on this website is try and wind people up and it gets a bit tedious.
I didn't think it was strange at all. The point being made is that Arsenal have won a lot more - including a few Premierships - since Liverpool last won a league title.

Pretty Boy
12-02-2012, 10:54 AM
So why did your post question why other Man Utd players got involved? Suggesting it should only be between Evra & Suarez?

You've kind of answered your own question there :cb

I'd suggest you make your mind up as to what you expected to have happened yesterday as you're contradicting yourself.

One post your asking why his team mates got involved and the next post your attempting to educate me on team spirit and how players back each other up?? :confused:

To ensure I enjoy the rest of my weekend confusion-free please confirm -

Did you expect Evra's team mates to back him up and show solidarity? (I did :agree:) or did you expect his team mates to stand back and leave him and Suarez?

I think you may have misread who I quoted.

I was responding to Pistol1875, not you.

I agree with most of what you say, I think its understandable why the United players got involved.

PISTOL1875
12-02-2012, 10:55 AM

Yeh I have as it matters and I understand players back there reason t back there team-mates..

However , yesterdays game was always going to be a powderkeg , especially with the pre-match handshakes.. Ls decided not to shake PE's hand. So what ?? He doesn't like the guy.. Would you shake the hand of a guy who you don't like ??? Ferdinand and De Gea should've distanced themselves for the matter instead of trying to embroil themselves in it..

Expecting Rain
12-02-2012, 10:56 AM
It would be interesting to know what Rio Ferdinand`s opinion of John Terry is especially since he seems to like being involved in any sort of fracas that is going around.
If football really wants to clean itself up it could do so quite easily, firstly by addressing the aggressive interviewing techniques post match which appear to provoke most managers especially at the top end and by handing out lengthy bans to players who behave badly, even England internationalists!
Alas this is likely to make the game look boring and deprive the baying hounds of their contoversial news fixations, the pantomime will continue i can`t see an end to it anytime soon, unfortunately supply and demand rules.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2012, 11:00 AM
I think you may have misread who I quoted.

I was responding to Pistol1875, not you.

I agree with most of what you say, I think its understandable why the United players got involved.

Oops, that'll teach me not to properly check who posted :doh:

Less vodka in my cornflakes would probably sort that... :shotdowni

Apologies PB :aok:

Pretty Boy
12-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeh I have as it matters and I understand players back there reason t back there team-mates..

However , yesterdays game was always going to be a powderkeg , especially with the pre-match handshakes.. Ls decided not to shake PE's hand. So what ?? He doesn't like the guy.. Would you shake the hand of a guy who you don't like ??? Ferdinand and De Gea should've distanced themselves for the matter instead of trying to embroil themselves in it..

Would I shake the hand of someone I didn't like? Yes if it would help defuse a situation. Its a handshake, not a lifetime commitment to them.

easty
12-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Would I shake the hand of someone I didn't like? Yes if it would help defuse a situation. Its a handshake, not a lifetime commitment to them.

That's all very well, but nobody is obliged to shake someones hand if they dont want to. You say you would, personally, I wouldn't. Each to thier own.

magpie1892
12-02-2012, 11:07 AM
=aggressive interviewing techniques post match which appear to provoke most managers especially

Ah, the Dalglish 'it's the media's fault' defence! Equally as insightful here as when used at OT yesterday.

SKY pay billions for the Premiership - they supplied the money that paid for Suarez - and are entitled to as much of a return on that investment as they can get. Further, if you knew anything about journalism, you'd know that Shreeves' post-match interviews were both absolutely textbook. He certainly didn't provoke Dalglish, just gave him enough rope, and Kenny hung himself.

SquashedFrogg
12-02-2012, 11:15 AM

I think it's pretty obvious LS doesn't like Evra based on his racist comments towards him. I'm also fairly certain that the feeling is mutual which makes Evra's handshake offer even more admirable and Saurez's actions even more embarrassing.

What gets me is that I spend every weekend with my lads under 10's football team promoting fair play and ensuring that they all shake hands with their opponents, regardless of results.

Then you turn on the tv and a grown man (allegedly) can't shake the hand of a player who two months ago he racially abused?

Try explaining that one to a 9 year old boy...

For the record I've grown up watching both Liverpool & Man Utd dominating British football and have a great deal of admiration for both clubs but would surmise that by calling Alex Ferguson "Bacon face" you're views on this subject are somewhat biased and impartial.

Expecting Rain
12-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Ah, the Dalglish 'it's the media's fault' defence! Equally as insightful here as when used at OT yesterday.

SKY pay billions for the Premiership - they supplied the money that paid for Suarez - and are entitled to as much of a return on that investment as they can get. Further, if you knew anything about journalism, you'd know that Shreeves' post-match interviews were both absolutely textbook. He certainly didn't provoke Dalglish, just gave him enough rope, and Kenny hung himself.

I never mentioned Dalglish it was a generalisation, 6,256 players behaved sportingly wouldn`t make a great headline.

Geo_1875
12-02-2012, 11:21 AM

Would SKY not be better served by asking sport questions on a sports show then asking a real journalist to question Dalglish on current affairs. I don't see any journalism involved in asking the same question 6 times in an attempt to provoke the interviewee.

TheUsualSuspect
12-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Well this is a fun topic. I just read the whole 115 page document on "FA v Suarez Written Reasons of Regulatory Commission"

After reading it and being bored out my face. It would appear that Mr Suarez is not racist, he's just a very naughty boy and used the insult to try and gain an advantage by winding up Mr Evra.

Below overall conclusion from the document

"We conclude these Reasons with the following comment. The Charge against Mr Suarez
was that he used insulting words which included a reference to Mr Evra's colour. We have
found that Charge proved on the evidence and arguments put before us. The FA made
clear that it did not contend that Mr Suarez acted as he did because he is a racist. Mr Evra
said in his evidence that he did not think Mr Suarez is a racist. Mr Suarez said in evidence
that he will not use the word “negro” on a football pitch in England in the future, and we
believe that is his genuine and firm intention.

Does Suarez deserve the the 8 match ban he got and the £40,000 fine - Yes! Anybody that uses tactics to get other players sent off using insulting/ derogatory statements about race/colour/sexuality or anything else should be handed toughly.

And thats what Suarez did. You look at the charities, football clubs he has been involved with and there is no way if he was genuinely racist he would be involved with them.

I must admit that i read the report and i don't understand how they were able to completely disregard Suarez's account and fully believe Evra's especially with no one else hearing what was said.

For Beefster it's his Granfather who was black, Page 86 paragraph 339.

We can all move on now and enjoy life and love :hnet: