PDA

View Full Version : Fair play Paulo

WeAreHibs
10-02-2012, 01:34 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hearts/297069-hearts-boss-hits-back-at-kenny-shiels/

hibee92
10-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Paulo absolutely rips into him and it's hilarious, but Shiels was right about the Kello situation.

Actually, I don't really care.

thebakerboy
10-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Paulo absolutely rips into him and it's hilarious, but Shiels was right about the Kello situation.

Actually, I don't really care.

Just seen interview on Sky and Sergio was brilliant.His answer to the question "will you shake Kenny Shiels hand before the game " his reply was " his hand , his neck anything." all said with a dead pan face.

John_the_angus_hibby
10-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Though I can't stand his team; he does give good TV. Brilliant interview.

Sent from another universe!

Dashing Bob S
10-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Paulo Sergio always comes over as a chap who is far too witty and decent to be associated with that crowd. Mind you, that applies to just about anybody outside of Graham Rix, Craig Thomson, We Airdrie Jambo, Gary MacKay and George Foulkes.

Get out of there, Paulo, leave now before your reputation is tarnished forever!

KS, sadly for you, is right.

GREEN WARLORD
10-02-2012, 02:25 PM
He is only Portugues person i know who is sounding like Russian just learn to speak English :greengrin

Scooter
10-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Hahahaha that is funny as

The Voice Of Reason
10-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Shiels is spot on IMHO. All the Hearts managers who accept the job know that is probable or certain that Romanov will interfere. They are happy to take their pay (yes they DO get paid!) on that basis, so I do not have any sympathy for them either.

Spot on Kenny boy :agree:

“I have no sympathy for him,” Shiels said. “If you have principles in your life and your job is to select the team and that power is taken away from you then you have to leave.

“If my chairman was trying to pick my team I would walk away because he has taken my job away from me.

“I am not criticising Paulo Sergio but, in my opinion, if the chairman ever said to me that I have to pick him or him then he is compromising my position.”

The Kilmarnock manager insisted that any decision taken by the board or chairman about football matters would cause disharmony in a squad and that his job was to fully support his players.

“I have two keepers fighting for the number one slot,” he explained.

“If the chairman says to me that I have to put in Anssi Jaakkola and I feel Cammy Bell is better, how can I look Cammy Bell in the eye and try to motivate him three weeks later?

“You have to back up your players.”

Nando™
10-02-2012, 02:38 PM
The last line :hilarious

Fair play Sergio.

DC_Hibs
10-02-2012, 02:45 PM
He is only Portugues person i know who is sounding like Russian just learn to speak English :greengrin

Not easy learning another language GW - I'm sure you'd agree.......

steakbake
10-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Fair play to the guy. I like him.

SMAXXA
10-02-2012, 02:57 PM
I actually don't mind paulo he's pretty funny
. Looking forward to the neck eh hand shake on sportscene ha

muzzhfc
10-02-2012, 03:08 PM
i believe they are doing a double act at the festival. just before vlad.

CmoantheHibs
10-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Just seen interview on Sky and Sergio was brilliant.His answer to the question "will you shake Kenny Shiels hand before the game " his reply was " his hand , his neck anything." all said with a dead pan face.

Just watched that too and had a chuckle when I heard that bit.:greengrin

ShanksSaidNo
10-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Is this thread for real?

There's people getting pelters for still liking Scott Brown on another thread (a cup winning ex hibby) yet we've got a whole thread dedicated to praising the current manager of Hearts and the way he conducts himself??

Unbelievable.

Paulo Sergio can do one.

R'Albin
10-02-2012, 03:12 PM
That was a cracking interview :agree:

Edit - Post above, just because he's the Hearts manager doesn't make those comments about Shiels any less true.

WeAreHibs
10-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Is this thread for real?

There's people getting pelters for still liking Scott Brown on another thread (a cup winning ex hibby) yet we've got a whole thread dedicated to praising the current manager of Hearts and the way he conducts himself??

Unbelievable.

Paulo Sergio can do one.

Are you for real???:confused:

What he said was very funny, it made the news and at a time when Sheils has been bumping his gums about us, it was good to see someone putting him in his place, regardless of who he manages or the density of his eyebrows.

Incidentally, I don't still like Scott Brown either, however his GIRUY to the Yams pleased me!

steakbake
10-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Is this thread for real?

Unbelievable.

Paulo Sergio can do one.

What would you do if you met him? Despite all your keyboard warrior stuff, you'd probably be quite polite.

ShanksSaidNo
10-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Are you for real???:confused:

What he said was very funny, it made the news and at a time when Sheils has been bumping his gums about us, it was good to see someone putting him in his place, regardless of who he manages or the density of his eyebrows.

Incidentally, I don't still like Scott Brown either, however his GIRUY to the Yams pleased me!

I'm for real, fo sho.

Looking forward to the 18th of March where we can all stare longingly at our new fave - Paulo!

machibby
10-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Is this thread for real?

Unbelievable.

Paulo Sergio can do one.

I fail to see how enjoying Sergio's response to Shiels is in anyway linked to people getting stick for thinking Scott Brown is still one of our own.

Makaveli
10-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Paulo seems a decent chap; candid in the Csaba mould but with less of the slavering.

It is hard to have to much sympathy given their managerial history but IMO he conducts himself fairly well for one of them.

hibsbollah
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Very funny. Sarcasm is difficult in another language. I hope they have a sideline scuffle; You cant beat a managerial feud, Sergio would kick **** out of him IMO.

ShanksSaidNo
10-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I fail to see how enjoying Sergio's response to Shiels is in anyway linked to people getting stick for thinking Scott Brown is still one of our own.

Perhaps there is not a direct link.

However my point is this; I find it quite hard to believe we can have a thread gettin all misty eyed over that big erse's comments to the media whilst on another thread people are gettin shot down for being similarly misty eyed over Scott Brown for making a mockery of Hearts.

Scott Brown 'love in' vs Paulo Sergio 'love in'. I know which side of the fence i'd fall on.

GREEN WARLORD
10-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Not easy learning another language GW - I'm sure you'd agree.......

Correct and English is the only language i know. Still no matter, better he is getting, yes?

steakbake
10-02-2012, 03:52 PM

However my point is this; I find it quite hard to believe we can have a thread gettin all misty eyed over that big erse's comments to the media whilst on another thread people are gettin shot down for being similarly misty eyed over Scott Brown for making a mockery of Hearts.

Scott Brown 'love in' vs Paulo Sergio 'love in'. I know which side of the fence i'd fall on.

Sergio? :dunno:

muzzhfc
10-02-2012, 04:06 PM

no having a go, but if it was another manager other than the yams, would you still be going on about it? i thought it was a funny interview and if you take off the green tinted specs then you actually realise he is a decent speaker to the media, unlike previous hibs managers and the current killie manager. i think a lot of us are backing sergio as sheils had a rant about us over the weekend and we are feeling slightly . . . bitter? towards him. had sergio slated hibs in his interview then i think we would be looking at it differently . . .

machibby
10-02-2012, 04:07 PM

Think you're pushing the realms of exaggeration there with all that misty eyed love in talk

Hibernian Verse
10-02-2012, 04:47 PM

What are you actually chatting? Who said anything about a love-in battle? And lastly, I find your argument about why Paulo Sergio is not funny in the slightest and shouldn't be liked/respected for actually being quite sound rather moronic.

HibbyAndy
10-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Each to there own but i never found it remotely funny.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Maybe the STV should ask Shiels his opinion on other SPL managers that make unsolicited comments about other SPL teams. As much as I admire the way that Killie play, I am getting kinda seek of this boy. Reminds of that tube that was in charge of Motherwell for a while.

Greentinted
10-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Cannae see the problem wi either of them.

As it goes I'd far rather listen to them winding each other up instead of the usual anodyne platitudes that spew forth from the mouths of the typical SPL manager when interviewed by the media. Lets hope more will start giving their honest opinions and noising up the establishment instead of toeing the same old tired line time after time.

Wotherspiniesta
10-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Is this thread for real?

Unbelievable.

Paulo Sergio can do one.

Awww FFS :rolleyes:

You're not even able to take a tiny step back from our rivalry with Hearts to know good humour when you see it?

Lighten up mate.

Pedantic_Hibee
10-02-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't need to tell you about my hatred for the Jambos but I don't mind Sergio I must admit.

The Green Goblin
10-02-2012, 05:45 PM

For me, it's a case of credit where credit is due.

Wotherspiniesta
10-02-2012, 06:05 PM
I don't need to tell you about my hatred for the Jambos but I don't mind Sergio I must admit.

No, you dont have to.

But will you? Always very amusing reads :greengrin

tamig
10-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Great interview. Very entertaining and he does say a lot of stuff about Shiels that hits the mark. Shiels comes out with a lot of psychology tosh and he should maybe focus on his own team rather than talking down every team his side plays against.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Despite his ungracious comments last week, Kenny Shiels was spot on with his comments regarding Romanov getting involved in deciding who is/isn't selected at Hearts.

The situation at Hearts is absolutely absurd, it has been for years, and I'm sure there must be some irony in there somewhere about Paulo Sergio calling another manager "a clown" when he's the one who holds the post that has been the butt of everyone in Scotland's jokes for the last six or seven years.

He might lack a bit of humility after a defeat and give comments that are lacking in class but at least Kenny Shiels still has his dignity and his self respect when he goes home every night. He can be safe in the knowledge that all the footballing decisions that are made at Kilmarnock, are made by him, rather than by a fax machine.

Pretty Boy
10-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Whether Shiels is right or wrong about what goes on at Hearts, its none of his business.

The guys own team are hardly world beaters yet he spends 90% of his time slavering on about other teams. He's perfectly entitled to comment about games involving his team in what he sees as an honest way but to tear Sergio apart the way he did, even if most of us agree with him, shows a lack of class and professionalism. A simple no comment may have been the best action but he seems to love the sound of his own voice.

Sergios retort was pretty amusing, he seems a reasonably decent guy for a Hearts manager.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Whether Shiels is right or wrong about what goes on at Hearts, its none of his business.

The guys own team are hardly world beaters yet he spends 90% of his time slavering on about other teams. He's perfectly entitled to comment about games involving his team in what he sees as an honest way but to tear Sergio apart the way he did, even if most of us agree with him, shows a lack of class and professionalism. A simple no comment may have been the best action but he seems to love the sound of his own voice.

Sergios retort was pretty amusing, he seems a reasonably decent guy for a Hearts manager.

So Shiels' comments lacked class and were unprofessional but Sergio's response, despite the use of unwarranted personal abuse, was pretty amusing? :confused:

From what I can see from the BBC article, I don't think Shiels personally criticised Sergio in any way, but simply highlighted the circus that is Heart of Midlothian FC, which is something that the whole country has been doing ever since it became apparent that Romanov liked to meddle in team selection.

Twa Cairpets
10-02-2012, 06:42 PM
So Shiels' comments lacked class and were unprofessional but Sergio's response, despite the use of unwarranted personal abuse, was pretty amusing? :confused:

From what I can see from the BBC article, I don't think Shiels personally criticised Sergio in any way, but simply highlighted the circus that is Heart of Midlothian FC, which is something that the whole country has been doing ever since it became apparent that Romanov liked to meddle in team selection.

Youre missing the point.

The Record article was clearly personally disparaging towards Sergios ethics in comparison to his own "integrity". The Hearts situation is farcical, but is nothing whatesoever to do with Shiels. Eyebrows would not have replied the way he did if he hadnt been slagged off in the paper, and he was funny. Shiels wasnt.

It may be an entertaining departure from the anodyne and mundane, but it reeks of Shiels being a classless bawbag.

Paisley Hibby
10-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Youre missing the point.

The Record article was clearly personally disparaging towards Sergios ethics in comparison to his own "integrity". The Hearts situation is farcical, but is nothing whatesoever to do with Shiels. Eyebrows would not have replied the way he did if he hadnt been slagged off in the paper, and he was funny. Shiels wasnt.

It may be an entertaining departure from the anodyne and mundane, but it reeks of Shiels being a classless bawbag.

Spot on. I read Shiels comments in The Scotsman and thought he had stepped way over the mark. He was clearly trying to take the moral high ground at Serigio's expense. No respect there, no class. Coming on top of everything else he is really making a complete twat of himself.

down-the-slope
10-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Each to there own but i never found it remotely funny.

Aye but your a miserable sod so not surprising :na na:

Bishop Hibee
10-02-2012, 07:34 PM
To my mind Shiels was merely stating what he thought of the Kello situation. Sergio has the spine of a jellyfish like the rest of the yam fuds. Shiels simply telling it how it is.

Sergio is another in a long line of Vlad puppets.

HibbyAndy
10-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Aye but your a miserable sod so not surprising :na na:

I ament actually, Im a very funny kinda guy, Ask me mates.:agree:

ShanksSaidNo
10-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I ament actually, Im a very funny kinda guy, Ask me mates.:agree:
Us against the yams!

AlbertK86
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM
HAte the yams but effin nice one Sergio!

Sheils you are an erse come back when yet team has done somerhing

hfc rd
10-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Well said Paulo Sergio. Really wanted someone to shut that big blabber mouth shiels up.

Hibrandenburg
11-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Where's the "they're both knobs" option.

Shiels does seem to like spending more time talking about what other teams do, rather than concerning himself with his own club and the Tincastle Tranny must have known he was taking over a call (fax) centre job.

patlowe
11-02-2012, 07:45 AM
I actually quite like them both. Shiels for noising up the media and challenging the norms in Scotland, and Sergio for seeming fairly intelligent and his dry humour. As for Sergio, I reckon he could easily get a better job before long if he quit, maybe he just enjoys the challenge? There are many other sporting cultures where making changes based on the orders of a superior is common practice. I'm not saying it is right or good for the game but it's not necessarily a matter of integrity. If anyone lacks class in all of this it is romanov. Sergio is the one that has to face the players and staff every day. Sorry for the love-in, do I lose hibs fan brownie points for these opinions?