PDA

View Full Version : Ppi

green&left
10-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Anyone (successfully) claimed this back on credit cards and store cards..?

easty
10-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Anyone (successfully) claimed this back on credit cards and store cards..?

My dad and my mate have both had a few grand back in the last year. Anyone who has been paying ppi should make a claim, it doesn't cost you anything to claim the money back so it's definitely worth while.

green&left
10-02-2012, 02:56 PM
My dad and my mate have both had a few grand back in the last year. Anyone who has been paying ppi should make a claim, it doesn't cost you anything to claim the money back so it's definitely worth while.

Did you do it yourselfs mate or one of these companies on the TV etc?

easty
10-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Did you do it yourselfs mate or one of these companies on the TV etc?

I know my dad did it through one of those companies from the tv, he had to fill in a couple of forms and that was that.

If it was me, I would probably do it all myself though, it's your money so I don't see why you should share it with anyone!

try this

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

HH81
10-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Never go through the tv companies, I work in complaints and they a total rip off.

Do it yourself trust me.

bingo70
11-02-2012, 07:32 AM
About 8 weeks ago I wrote a simple letter off to companies I had debts with around 10 years ago asking if I had ppi and for a refund if I did as I didn't need or want it, most companies came back saying they couldn't find my accounts so I gave up but yesterday a cheque for 3.5k came through the post, absolutely delighted.

Letter took about 2 minutes to draft and think the turnaround time for the companies has just gone down to 6 weeks so imo you'd be bonkers to go through an agency, if anything it causes you more work as you'll probably have to contact the banks for details of your agreements.

persevere1875
16-02-2012, 10:27 PM
My missus did this recently and got all her money back plus interest without involving an outside company and the inevitable fee, if its a bank, go on their website, most now have a link to an FSA website with an easy to complete form which covers everything in about three or four pages.