PDA

View Full Version : Yams Bang goes £80k ....

Jim44
10-02-2012, 11:03 AM
The St J v Jambos replay next Tuesday will not be rescheduled to Thursday for Sky TV coverage. Both clubs will miss out on the £80K fee. You've got to feel for the wee souls. :greengrin

matty_f
10-02-2012, 11:16 AM
The St J v Jambos replay next Tuesday will not be rescheduled to Thursday for Sky TV coverage. Both clubs will miss out on the £80K fee. You've got to feel for the wee souls. :greengrin

:faf: Nae luck! Still, the fact that it's the big cup and not on the telly should ensure a full house, or at the very least they'll be able to rely on the away end being packed out.

Judas Iscariot
10-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Nae joy :faf:

Gus Fring
10-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Great News. :aok: With any luck that will lead to a nice wee shortfall in the tax bill

Sergey
10-02-2012, 11:25 AM
That's 80k that could have went towards the public's coffers in lieu of the outstanding tax liability.

This is no laughing matter.

:fibber:

dangermouse
10-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Would they have got their share of the TV money though? I thought only the gate receipts were split 50/50 once costs had been deducted.

steakbake
10-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Conspiracy...

NOLA
10-02-2012, 12:27 PM
its all the meedja's fault :greengrin

Hibernia Na Eir
10-02-2012, 01:02 PM
VR will be absolutely gutted at missing out on this cash HAHA

Better sell some more players to rake in wages Mr Submariner.

Down periscope....:na na:

MB62
10-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Would they have got their share of the TV money though? I thought only the gate receipts were split 50/50 once costs had been deducted.

Cup game money would have been split.

BTW DM, have to question your wee Ivan Sproule quote 'Ivan Sproule There is nobody happier than me at the minute.'

What about Larry? shirley he is happier :greengrin

Irish_Steve
10-02-2012, 03:21 PM
UEFA folk ken whit`s goan oan

dangermouse
10-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Cup game money would have been split.

BTW DM, have to question your wee Ivan Sproule quote 'Ivan Sproule There is nobody happier than me at the minute.'

What about Larry? shirley he is happier :greengrin

I have been trying to replace said quote with a nice picture of myself and my sidekick Penfold but for some reason hibs.net won't let me do it. :boo hoo:

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Aye ........ Heaven forbid that a poxy wee insignificant Scottish Cup tie should get in the way of the UEFA gravy train enjoyed by the big glamorous European clubs, so beloved of the TV executives.

It looks to me like proof positive that UEFA havnt got a clue about the trials and tribulations of Scottish football at the moment, or worse they do but couldnt give a stuff about us or any of the other smaller countries who dont have clubs in the latter stages of European competition.

To deny cash strapped clubs the chance to make some much needed revenue is a dereliction of duty by them IMO but also proof that TV runs European football, not UEFA. And yes I get the fact that this is a paradox given that we are talking about denying clubs TV money.

So yeh ... Ha ha Hearts ...... But its also bad for St Johnstone and in the long run probably bad for us.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Surely even more of them will now turn up, given that "special relationship" they have with the Scottish Cup? :confused:

lyonhibs
10-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Surely even more of them will now turn up, given that "special relationship" they have with the Scottish Cup? :confused:

:agree::agree:

I'd expect at least 4 fold the attendance of Craig Levein's testimonial attendance to turn up.

So just breaking the 6k barrier and it'll be :top marksto the Jamtards

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Are we not being a bit unfair to the ordinary Hearts fans? The coverage on the tele was the only way to watch the game, for the thousands of travelling supporters that will be locked out.