PDA

View Full Version : Matchday Programme

Carheenlea
09-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Bought one on Saturday for the first time in a while. Was only £1.50 for the Scottish Cup tie, and included a lot of adverts but a decent enough interview with Pat Fenlon as well as his matchday notes.

How many Hibs.net users are programme buyers? Is there realistically any future for the traditional programme in this instant digital age? I wouldn`t be upset if programmes were phased out, and would be happy enough to pay a quid for a teamsheet which included a message from the manager.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Was a number one priority for me when I first started going to ER (and away) in the early 60s, but sadly the Y2K effect and the digital era means all the mystique of getting and saving progs has long gone, still read my 50s and 60s collection to this day.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Used to collect them every week (still have them all stored away somewhere) but now I've moved over from the West to the East and there is no-one selling programmes on the route I take to get into the stadium (at least I haven't seen them, put it that way!) I haven't bought a programme for yonks.

ano hibby
09-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Get one every game for my 2 boys who come with me. They're not that interested now but hopefully in 20 years time they will be glad of their program collection and look back fondly on them in the same way I look back with sentimental memories of mine I attended in mainly 80's as well as program's I bought from that shop in spittal street from the 60s and 70s. Quite possibly a sad git but I'd happily spend an afternoon just browsing through old programs, Hibs and non Hibs. Be gutted if they stopped printing proper programs.
Nb Cowdenbeath one recently was a great read.
'mon the program!

hughio
09-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Remember the crinkly paper they used to use in the 70's?

Think it cost sixpence (6D)

Wish I'd kept them now.

(old git smiley)

davebt
09-02-2012, 07:45 PM
I still get one from every game i go to. Have been collecting them for over forty years. They older ones are a great source of reference and have some great photo's in them. Definitely fall into the sad git category when it comes to collecting them though as i have the covers of 3/4 of my collection on the Hibsprogrammes (http://www.hibsprogrammes.co.uk) website I started a few years ago .

Kato
09-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Was a number one priority for me when I first started going to ER (and away) in the early 60s, but sadly the Y2K effect and the digital era means all the mystique of getting and saving progs has long gone, still read my 50s and 60s collection to this day.

They should sell pdfs and kindle friendly type editions online. Make a buck. Maybe even historical editions, sell a whole seasons worth in one edition or one offs for special games from the past. That would flog these days.

I'm an occasional purchaser, always have been. Got some not bad rare ones as well, Barcelona, 0-7 game stuff like that.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-02-2012, 08:36 PM
They should sell pdfs and kindle friendly type editions online. Make a buck. Maybe even historical editions, sell a whole seasons worth in one edition or one offs for special games from the past. That would flog these days.

I'm an occasional purchaser, always have been. Got some not bad rare ones as well, Barcelona, 0-7 game stuff like that.

I know for a fact that seasons 49/50 50/51 51/52 the were for sale at ER a binder full of the seasons first team games progs, seen these with my own eyes and have a prog somewhere telling you how and where to buy them

:not worth

GraniteCityHibs
10-02-2012, 11:44 AM
:hijack:

...well kind of.

Have been meaning to ask for a while. Does anyone have a programme (in good condition) from the Aberdeen game on 23rd October 2010??

The game where we got PUMPED!

My mate's a Dons fan and his son was born during that game. I'd like to buy/steal a copy of that programme. If anyone has one they are willing to part with (I don't see why you'd want to keep it, as I've been trying to wipe that game from memory since the final whistle went!)

hfc rd
10-02-2012, 11:25 PM
I always buy a programme before the game.

SteveHFC
10-02-2012, 11:25 PM
I always buy a programme before the game.

This :agree:

Brooster
11-02-2012, 08:07 AM
I buy one every game. I have every home prog since 1968.

Makaveli
11-02-2012, 08:30 AM
I also bought one last week for the first time in ages. The interview was decent as said, but the rest of the content was pretty poor IMO.

I didn't even see a section with the players' overall appearances/goals for Hibs - only this season. It used to always have that at least so you could see what milestones were on the horizon.

A 10 question quiz or even a wordsearch like there used to be would take a few minutes and no expertise to generate and would make it better for the wee ones. TBH I don't know if these things are in it week to week, I would hope so, but they weren't in the smaller cup issue.