PDA

View Full Version : Alan O'Brien

Don Giovanni
09-02-2012, 07:26 PM
...has just signed for Gateshead FC. :panic:

Here's hoping he can make an impact at that level.

Lofarl
09-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Doing what? Selling pies?

wearethehibs
09-02-2012, 07:51 PM
I liked AOB. he had a good chance in the 4-2 game against Gretna at ER. I feel if he had scored that his whole time here would have been different. But anyhooo it wasn't to be. Mon the Gateshead

Mark79
09-02-2012, 08:00 PM
I liked AOB. he had a good chance in the 4-2 game against Gretna at ER. I feel if he had scored that his whole time here would have been different. But anyhooo it wasn't to be. Mon the Gateshead

Hi Alan.

Jonnyboy
09-02-2012, 08:01 PM

He can link up with Airey Fairy who's there on loan (no homesickness problems this time) :greengrin

clerriehibs
09-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Had no time for the player when he was at Hibs; not enough skill, not enough guts ... but to ridicule him as he finds his way at lower levels is, welll ... Hibs-class-less. Time to leave him be.

Graham Law
09-02-2012, 09:59 PM

He should feel right at home at that ground as if my memory serves me well I believe that there is a running track round that ground!!

Hank Schrader
09-02-2012, 09:59 PM

He was murder. End of.

Don Giovanni
09-02-2012, 10:53 PM
... but to ridicule him as he finds his way at lower levels is, welll ... Hibs-class-less. Time to leave him be.

Not sure who that is aimed at Clerrie but I occasionally go to watch Gateshead (as they are geographically my closest football club) and thought others may be interested to know where a former Hibby has ended up.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm surprised he's managed to sign for such an illustrious club.

proud_and_green
09-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Had no time for the player when he was at Hibs; not enough skill, not enough guts ... but to ridicule him as he finds his way at lower levels is, welll ... Hibs-class-less. Time to leave him be.

Spot on.

Too much obsession with what happended in the past and kicking people. Move on and concentrate on what is happening here and now at Hibs.

StevieC
09-02-2012, 11:12 PM
I've a friend that goes to Gateshead games, I'll ask him to keep me updated on his progress. :wink:

hibeemikey21
09-02-2012, 11:56 PM

Hmmmm. Before you get me wrong, i'm not having a go, im just interested. What was it that you liked about him? I persisted with the belief that he would eventually come good for almost the whole time he was with us, but alas, nothing. All he was was fast. That was literally it. Aside from his speed, what did he offer that you liked?

Dashing Bob S
10-02-2012, 12:15 AM
How the mighty have fallen. It wasn't that long ago he was ripping Dani Alves a new one at Murrayfield.

IWasThere2016
10-02-2012, 06:59 AM
How the mighty have fallen. It wasn't that long ago he was ripping Dani Alves a new one at Murrayfield.

:faf:

CRAZYHIBBY
10-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Have to admit it was hilarious the amount of people on here creaming themselves when he signed........probably best not to drag up old threads though eh....

Wilson
10-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Have to admit it was hilarious the amount of people on here creaming themselves when he signed........probably best not to drag up old threads though eh....

Probably best not to. It's not like there is anything to be gained in slating fans for being optimistic about a new signing :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
10-02-2012, 12:41 PM

I think you should - it could be interesting.

Pete
10-02-2012, 03:41 PM
We're in no position to mock Gateshead and talk about standards.
They would probably finish top six.

The Voice Of Reason
10-02-2012, 03:44 PM
De Graaf was on trial for Gateshead and offered to play for them for nothing - Gateshead FC declined Edwin's offer. :agree:

DH1875
10-02-2012, 06:17 PM

Was that confirmed? He's been on trial at St Mirren.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2012, 07:25 PM
We're in no position to mock Gateshead and talk about standards.

Naw, just naw. :faf:

Don Giovanni
10-02-2012, 08:59 PM

Yep, its on thier official site & Twitter account.

Haven't figured out how to post a link from my phone but its summit like www.gatesheadfc.com/ (or just google it) :wink: .

zlatan
10-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Probably best not to. It's not like there is anything to be gained in slating fans for being optimistic about a new signing :rolleyes:

Not at all. I remember someone bumping the thread saying we were after Bamba about a year after he signed, I had gone from wishing Motherwell luck after they had a bid accepted to being completely infatuated with the big sexy beast in the space of twelve months. I laughed at how wrong I was.

Don Giovanni
10-02-2012, 09:05 PM

Nah, not quite, but competitive in SFL1 I reckon.

Would be a tough away draw in the cup - if that were possible.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2012, 10:21 PM

It's been a long journey, Gateshead via Newcastle, Hibs and Swindon with very few games along the way, but you've sometimes got to move around a bit until you find a perfect work life balance so being a bloody fast runner is handy if you are hanging around the middle of Gateshead on a Saturday night.............................you might even get a game of fitba somewhere as well.

Not even a waste of talent :bye:

Bostonhibby
10-02-2012, 10:24 PM

:agree: Paisley Magistrates next Monday, charged with impersonating a footballer but pretty confident of getting off with it.:greengrin

Sergey
11-02-2012, 11:48 AM

:top marks

Serious LOL moment!

Gala Foxes
11-02-2012, 06:24 PM
half hearted poser who should wear a mask and a stripey jumper when he signs contracts with his many clubs

--------
11-02-2012, 06:58 PM
De Graaf was on trial for Gateshead and offered to play for them for nothing - Gateshead FC declined Edwin's offer. :agree:

So how much is O'Brien paying them a game? :devil: