PDA

View Full Version : Team against the Sheep...

Judas Iscariot
09-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Now that Claros is officially available, what's everyone's team for Saturday?
I'd go for..

Stack

Francombe Doherty Stephens Kujabi

Soares Claros Osbourne Booth

Doyle O'Connor

Subs

Brown
O'Hanlon
Towell
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
O'Donovan
Sproule

Billy Whizz
09-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Won't be a million miles away from that but Stevenson and Wotherspoon will start and Claros and Booth will be on the bench

Aldo
09-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I'd go for..

Stack

Doyle O'Connor

Subs

Brown
O'Hanlon
Towell
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
O'Donovan
Sproule

Swap Hanlon for Stephens and you might be just bout right. Hanlon did well enough last week IMHO to keep his place.

Billy Whizz
09-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Swap Hanlon for Stephens and you might be just bout right. Hanlon did well enough last week IMHO to keep his place.

Hanlon and McPake are suspended for Saturday's game

flash
09-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Won't be a million miles away from that but Stevenson and Wotherspoon will start and Claros and Booth will be on the bench

If Claros is fit he will start. We didn't go to all this trouble to have him sit on the bench watching our midfield getting dominated.

Aldo
09-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Hanlon and McPake are suspended for Saturday's game

Sorry forgot then yip Judas, prob just bout spot on. Have funny feeling tho Lewis will start!

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-02-2012, 01:59 PM
stack
francomb nid docherty pa
stevenson
soures claros ozzy
doyle griffiths

Billy Whizz
09-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Is Griffiths suspended or not on Saturday?
He's had so many bans that I don't when he is or isn't available.

Judas Iscariot
09-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Is Griffiths suspended or not on Saturday?
He's had so many bans that I don't when he is or isn't available.

He's banned mate

Billy Whizz
09-02-2012, 02:32 PM
He's banned mate

After Saturday is he clear from suspension?

Andy74
09-02-2012, 02:40 PM
I'd go for..

Stack

Doyle O'Connor

Subs

Brown
O'Hanlon
Towell
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
O'Donovan
Sproule

There is absolutely no chance of Booth playing ahead of Stevenson. Why would he come from nowhere to ahead of the most consistent performer who has started every one of Fenlon's games in charge??

Ritchie
09-02-2012, 02:48 PM
There is absolutely no chance of Booth playing ahead of Stevenson. Why would he come from nowhere to ahead of the most consistent performer who has started every one of Fenlon's games in charge??

i dont think he's stating what he thinks Fenlon will pick.... i think he's picking the team he would prefer to see.

number9dream
09-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Stevenson is the first name on Nutsy's team-sheet.

Claros will probably start on the bench, with the same midfield four and front two from Saturday.

The Dons are a real threat from set-pieces, so the replacements for McPake and Hanlon had better be on their game.

Doherty moving in one, with Francomb at right back, then it's a toss up between Stephens, Murray (if fit) & O'Hanlon.

Aberdeen on a good run just now, so it will be tough. Let's get at them and put the pressure on their defence.

gackohibs
09-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Stack

Francomb
Doherty
Stephens
Kujabi

Jimmy
Ozzy
Stevenson
Claros

O'Donovan
Doyle

Brown, O'Hanlon, Sproule, O'Connor, Stanton, Towell, Wotherspoon

Thats everyone who isnt injured or suspended!! :cb

Wotherspiniesta
09-02-2012, 05:30 PM
I'd go for..

Stack

Doyle O'Connor

Subs

Brown
O'Hanlon
Towell
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
O'Donovan
Sproule

That'd be my team aswell :aok:

Stanton or Caldwell in for Towell though.

truehibernian
09-02-2012, 05:31 PM
More importantly Arnesan, Osbourne and Rae are out for them, which means if we can dominate the midfield we could press higher and dictate. The loss of Arnesan is big for them.

mjhibby
09-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Stevenson is the first name on Nutsy's team-sheet.

Claros will probably start on the bench, with the same midfield four and front two from Saturday.

The Dons are a real threat from set-pieces, so the replacements for McPake and Hanlon had better be on their game.

Doherty moving in one, with Francomb at right back, then it's a toss up between Stephens, Murray (if fit) & O'Hanlon.

Aberdeen on a good run just now, so it will be tough. Let's get at them and put the pressure on their defence.

They have a few injuries to key players so we should be able to make headway in midfield.Only concern,like everybody else,is who plays alongside doherty.if we defend like we did last saturday we will get the right result.will be a tough game but with claros hopefully in the middle of the park we can look to get the three points.

Brebners Bookie
09-02-2012, 06:13 PM
-----------------Stack------------------

----------------Claros----------------------

Spoony------Ozzy--------Stevenson--------Kujabi

O'Donovan---Doyle---O'Connor---Caldwell---Sproule

http://www.jasonberguk.com/assets/background/simples.png

JimBHibees
09-02-2012, 07:05 PM
I see Pat Fenlon is saying that Tom Soares has a hamstring injury. Shame as it looked from last week like he needed a few games to get up to speed.

Shrekko
09-02-2012, 10:32 PM
If Claros is fit he will start. We didn't go to all this trouble to have him sit on the bench watching our midfield getting dominated.
Exactly.

I'm not so sure that Fenlon is as in love with Lewis Stevenson as people on here are or think he is. He made reference in his media briefing, when talking about Claros, to us having lots of hard working players but none that can really dictate things.

Hibs fans recently seem happy to see us being over-run in midfield as long as the boys in central midfield have a good go at chasing around in circles and not achieving anything productive in a positive sense. It can't go on if we want to win games- our results speak for themselves. Nobody has made themselves an automatic choice IMO.

Judas Iscariot
09-02-2012, 10:40 PM
i dont think he's stating what he thinks Fenlon will pick.... i think he's picking the team he would prefer to see.

Spot on Scott..

LS tries hard but has zero guile, creativity, imagination or an attacking prescence..

IMO Booth is a better option in the side over LS, DW or DG...

HH81
10-02-2012, 06:40 AM
I see Pat Fenlon is saying that Tom Soares has a hamstring injury. Shame as it looked from last week like he needed a few games to get up to speed.

He pulled up last week and I thought straight away it looked like hamstring injury so was surprised to see him carry on.

Niffy
10-02-2012, 07:33 AM
No space for passengers tomorrow... so no Gary O'

Ritchie
10-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Spot on Scott..

LS tries hard but has zero guile, creativity, imagination or an attacking prescence..

IMO Booth is a better option in the side over LS, DW or DG...

i disagree, i'd have stevenson in my team at the moment.

i've never been his greatest fan but he's been playing well.

bigwheel
10-02-2012, 07:53 AM
i disagree, i'd have stevenson in my team at the moment.

i've never been his greatest fan but he's been playing well.

I agree .... Stevenson and Booth have quite different attributes and ate asked to do 2 quite different jobs on the pitch...Stevenson has been one of our better players of late while Booth has been mixed.

Booth needs to develop by being in the squad . He's not a regular yet ....

calumhibee1
10-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Stack

Francomb
Doherty
Stephens
Carlos

Soares (if not fit then Wotherspoon)
Ozzy
Claros
Stevenson

O'Connor (only cause sparkys out)
Doyle

sparkiedelpaco7
10-02-2012, 09:25 AM
stack

francomb doherty murray kujabi

wotherspoon soares claros booth

doyle o'donovan

bench

brown
stephens
osbourne
stanton
o'connor
smith
sproule

matty_f
10-02-2012, 09:43 AM
As much as i think that Stevenson has been great recently, if Claros is a better player then Lewis should be on the bench. I wouldn't move him to left midfield as he isn't effective there.

Titch
10-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Stack

Francomb
Doherty
Stephens
Carlos

Soares (if not fit then Wotherspoon)
Ozzy
Claros
Stevenson

O'Connor (only cause sparkys out)
Doyle

why you dropping kujabi???? he was excellent last week

scoopyboy
10-02-2012, 06:02 PM
why you dropping kujabi???? he was excellent last week

I'll give you a clue.

Who has he got playing left back?

Ultrabee1-0
10-02-2012, 06:04 PM
gk - stack
rb - spoony
cb's - doherty&o'hanlen (a know he is pish but look what happens to either stephens or hanlon when we play a 2 young centre halfs)
lb - kujabi

rm - francombe
cm's - ozzy&claros ( be very unfair on lewis tho )
lm - booth

st's - doyle&o'donovan ( o'connor has shown know effort what so ever if it wasnt a big game id put caldwell up there with doyle )

Judas Iscariot
10-02-2012, 07:03 PM
If Soares is out then..

Stack

Francombe
Doherty
Stephens
Kujabi

Sproule
Claros
Osbourne
Booth

Doyle
O'Connor

I know folk have slated IS constantly but I think in a midfield with players who have passing ability and vision, Sproule would be effective...

Easter Road X1
10-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Everybody is putting Doherty at centre back, for me he is a right back and I can see Fenlon playing him there tomorrow

Dr Jimmy
10-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Everybody is putting Doherty at centre back, for me he is a right back and I can see Fenlon playing him there tomorrow
I posted on this last week saying that the Wolves fans at work rate him very highly as a RB. They also said he is never a centre half. Looks like Stephens & O'Hanlon tomorrow....better get our fingers crossed.

matty_f
10-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I posted on this last week saying that the Wolves fans at work rate him very highly as a RB. They also said he is never a centre half. Looks like Stephens & O'Hanlon tomorrow....better get our fingers crossed.

So long as Fenlon's had them watching last Saturday's defensive performance over and over again to establish the benchmark then we might just be alright.

lucky
10-02-2012, 09:34 PM
No way will lewis Stevenson will be dropped tomorrow. He might actually play 3 in the middle 2 wide and 1 up front. As in a 4-5-1

.Sean.
10-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Stack

Doherty
Stephens
Murray (Fit yet?)
Kujabi

Soares (if unfit, Francombe)
Osbourne
Claros
Stevenson
Booth

Doyle

hfc rd
10-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Stack

Docherty
Stephens
O'Hanlon
Kujabi

Francombe
Osbourne
Claros
Stevenson
Booth

Doyle

Subs:
Brown
Towell
Wortherspoon
Sproule
Scott
O'Donovan
O'Connor

Wotherspiniesta
10-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Get the impression from Fenlon's interview on the official website that we might actually be changing formation tomorrow.......Anybody think we could see a 5-3-2?

.....................Stack........................ .
.........Doherty..Murray..Stephens.......
Francombe...............................Kujabi
...........Pitbull............Stevenson.........
.......................Ozzy....................... ..
..............Doyle.......O'Connor...............