PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Brown - Goal Celebration

AlbertK86
09-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Scotty at it again towards the Jambo fans who he loves to wind up still !!!

It was a magnificent GIRFUY look and stance he gave them .... as if to say yiz should've got that goal and that makes it even funnier that i've just rapped one in against you horrible mob !!!

Nice one Scotty

PS

He's beginning to play like he was when he was at the Hibees...... Hopefully Jorge 'The Pitbull' Claros sorts him out in a couple of weeks

GGTTH

GIRFUY Jambos

johnrebus
09-02-2012, 08:49 AM

It was a magnificent GIRFUY look and stance he gave them .... as if to say yiz should've got that goal and that makes it even funnier that i've just rapped one in against you horrible mob !!!

Nice one Scotty

PS

He's beginning to play like he was when he was at the Hibees...... Hopefully Jorge 'The Pitbull' Claros sorts him out in a couple of weeks

GGTTH

GIRFUY Jambos

Dearie me.

What is this Scott Brown love-in?

No offence to the OP, but the last time I looked, he does not play for Hibernian and hasn't done few a few years now.

Quite frankly, I thought his, 'celebration', last night was embarrassing and only shows him up to be an arse. What was the point of it all?

IMHO he needs to grow up and start acting with some dignity on the pitch, because he just comes accross as being a total balloon.

His lack of ambition in staying with Celtic only shows up a true lack of believe in his own limited talent.

:dizzy:

Hibby Bairn
09-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Personally...I thought it was brilliant.

cocopops1875
09-02-2012, 09:05 AM
I actually wondered if it was a take off of that t**t skacel's theatrical (and somewhat camp) effort, if it was then magic

SMAXXA
09-02-2012, 09:10 AM
I actually wondered if it was a take off of that t**t skacel's theatrical (and somewhat camp) effort, if it was then magic

Na don't be daft, it was a Pat Fenlon and Billy Brown celebration.

The Fenlon Browns as they are now known on the celebration circuit.

Hibee87
09-02-2012, 09:34 AM
You can guanrentee if leigh griffiths done that he wold be looking at the worng end of a 3 match ban, complimentary of Mr. Compliance officer :rolleyes:

Beefster
09-02-2012, 09:35 AM
It's been a while since the last Scott Brown circle jerk right enough....

Last Minute
09-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Dearie me.

No offence to the OP, but the last time I looked, he does not play for Hibernian and hasn't done few a few years now.

Quite frankly, I thought his, 'celebration', last night was embarrassing and only shows him up to be an arse. What was the point of it all?

IMHO he needs to grow up and start acting with some dignity on the pitch, because he just comes accross as being a total balloon.

His lack of ambition in staying with Celtic only shows up a true lack of believe in his own limited talent.

.I too thought it was brill and that lot deserve it, keep it up scotty. as for ambition he may have treble winning medals this year?

AlbertK86
09-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Dearie me.

Limited talent??!!! that is a lot more than anything we have at ER these days

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I can separate between Scott Brown the erse, and what he did last night. He is an arrogant tosser, and his attitude at the end of his time at easter road stank.

Yet last nights wind up was quality, anything that annoys these windae lickers is fine by me.

.Sean.
09-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Scott Brown's an arse. One thing that's always irked me is why he felt the need to lift the cup with Jones?

He's a little Celtic prick.

easty
09-02-2012, 11:02 AM
I had a couple of fall outs with Scott in the past, but he's actually an alright lad. Quite funny.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-02-2012, 11:15 AM
as for ambition he may have treble winning medals this year?

By default in what is now a one horse race and will be for the considerable future, in what was a pish league to begin with. A league 1 title would be more impressive.

Pretty Boy
09-02-2012, 11:16 AM
I can separate between Scott Brown the erse, and what he did last night. He is an arrogant tosser, and his attitude at the end of his time at easter road stank.

Yet last nights wind up was quality, anything that annoys these windae lickers is fine by me.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Scott Brown's an arse. One thing that's always irked me is why he felt the need to lift the cup with Jones?

That was john collins idea

bruno
09-02-2012, 11:36 AM

I actually have to say we give it tight to him so I have no problems with his arrogant celebration. If we give we have to accept it back.

He knows he's good he and Wanyama ran the show last night.

Never met him so no idea if he decent bloke or not. When he first signed for them I thought he went backwards never mind progressed. Only now do I believe he has started to perform as he should have been for the last 3/4 years.

On the park i detest him as much as you hate Skacel or Black but after the game I have to give him grudging respect.

Saying that Wanyama is a machine and would be the first player I would pick for my team from all Scottish teams he will go on to be a really good player. Thankfully not with them but a better team

bigwheel
09-02-2012, 11:37 AM

I completely disagree on Browns behaviour in his last few months with us...when Brown didn't get his move, he knuckled down and played well until the end of season...including a goal against Celtic at the end of the season....

Peevemor
09-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I completely disagree on Browns behaviour in his last few months with us...when Brown didn't get his move, he knuckled down and played well until the end of season...including a goal against Celtic at the end of the season....

:agree:

IWasThere2016
09-02-2012, 11:38 AM

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2012, 02:19 PM

Yip i agree he played well, after his strop, but his comments about how he'd stuff Hibs, and see his contract out with Hibs getting nothing, because we would not lie down and give him away for the pittance that was offered, does not sit well with me.

We all know he'd leave, but give me a David Murphy exit every time, he may have left, but at least he left on good terms.

Matty_Jack04
09-02-2012, 03:05 PM

Was it nowt to do with him staying at hibs to win a medal before departing like his mates?

Also pretty sure browns done that celebration since he done it in dioufs face at ibrox?

Hibernia Na Eir
09-02-2012, 03:12 PM

Nice one Scotty

PS

GGTTH

GIRFUY Jambos

great post!
It's a lovely photo of SB......
GIRUYHB

Baldy Foghorn
09-02-2012, 03:22 PM

Nice one Scotty

PS

GGTTH

GIRFUY Jambos

Will the compliance officer have the balls to apply the same punishment to Brown, as they did with Griffiths?:confused:

steakbake
09-02-2012, 03:49 PM
He ran them ragged last night. Thought he dipped out of form for a while, but the last few games he's played has been like seeing the old Scotty Brown. Will never forget that goal against Celtic.

KeithTheHibby
09-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Will the compliance officer have the balls to apply the same punishment to Brown, as they did with Griffiths?:confused:

Not even close to being the same thing.

bigwheel
09-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Yip i agree he played well, after his strop, but his comments about how he'd stuff Hibs, and see his contract out with Hibs getting nothing, because we would not lie down and give him away for the pittance that was offered, does not sit well with me.

We all know he'd leave, but give me a David Murphy exit every time, he may have left, but at least he left on good terms.

I judged Brown on his actions, not press quotes, and he got his head down an played hard every game. He left with his head high in my view....who cares what debate he had during his time - good servant - and good luck to him ...

Wotherspiniesta
09-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Have to admit, I still love watching Scott Brown play and wind up opponents. Recently he's been in tremendous form for Celtic and one thing I noticed last night is he seemed to have (for the first time in years) a free role in the midfield. There was a particular bit of skill which was brilliant last night. Just after Hearts thought they'd scored the ball came to Brown in the middle of the park, some yam (obviously still spewing from the "goal") came charging towards him. He flicked the ball round him, the yam ran past the ball, he fed it out wide and 10 seconds later rammed the ball past the jambo clown in goal. Can't wait to see him turn out for Scotland so I can actually cheer him on :aok:

--------
09-02-2012, 05:31 PM
.I too thought it was brill and that lot deserve it, keep it up scotty. as for ambition he may have treble winning medals this year?

:sick:

And in what way exactly is this a cause for celebration among Hibs fans? Celtic winning the treble, I mean?

Allowing that HIBS (that's the team that Hibs supporters are supposed to support, remember?) are still in the Scottish Cup - though terminally unlikely to win it, I admit - we should be hoping like hell that "Scotty Broonaldo" and his present team-mates get a right royal stuffing from Dundee United in the next round, on the basis that most commentators make Celtic favourites for the trophy and would reckon that HIBS (your team, right?) will have a better chance of beating DU than Celtic if we have to play them later in the competition.

Brown left Hibs FIVE years ago, after making life as unpleasant as he possibly could for John Collins and the Hibernian board. There's no doubt in my mind that he was one of the stirrers behind the dressing-room revolt that spelled the beginning of the end for Collins, and puerile behaviour like winding up the opposition fans as he did last night simply confirm to me that he's an immature, nasty piece of work. A fine footballer, but deep down, a balloon.

I take it you'll still be getting all excited over Scotty-Broony-Broonaldo if he does the same thing in front of the East Stand at ER on the 19th?

We aren't the "Wee Celts", you know, though with threads like these on the board, I sometimes wonder.

Leithenhibby
09-02-2012, 05:31 PM
"You can take the boy out of Hibs, but you can't take Hibs out the boy "

I loved that celebration. :agree: We would do the same .... :cb

andy1875
09-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Scott Brown was a fantastic player for Hibs and left to join a bigger, far more successful club. He was part of a team that gave us all a fantastic cup run and day out at Hampden when we hammered Killie 5-1. He's left £2k a week for a reported £20k a week and not to mention earning Hibs a cool £4.4 million in the process.

His GIRUY stance to the **** last night was typical Broony, but I loved it.

Anyone slating the guy needs their head examined. Never said a bad word about Hibs as far as I'm aware. Happy to be proved wrong.

bigwheel
09-02-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm surprised by the anti Brown tone on some replies.....he wouldn't have done that celebration against Motherwell etc, he did it to noise up the yams.... What can possibly be wrong with that ??? No one is suggesting its a Brown love in - but Well worth a laugh surely :greengrin

SanFranHibs
09-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Somewhat connected. A goal celebration against Hearts at the Pawnbrokers Stadium.

I watched We're On Our Way for the first time, on Youtube last night and I think it was Dean Shiels celebration of the second goal and winner if I am correct, was terrific. Just his jumping and running in a frenzied manner and you could see he was desperate to get right in amongst the Hibs fans !!! Superb.

Must say I liked Deano coming on as a sub !!! (Not sure if he was a sub in that game).

:flag:

Baader
09-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Always think Scott brown is just wasting his talent playing for Celtic in the comfort zone of the spl. Steamrollering most teams every week. Easy money. Fletcher has gone on and really tested, pushed himself and deserves all the praise he gets. Never thought fletch was the better player either but right now he'll be the one who can look back and say he scored goals in one of the best leagues there is...

Dinkydoo
09-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Have to admit, I still love watching Scott Brown play and wind up opponents. Recently he's been in tremendous form for Celtic and one thing I noticed last night is he seemed to have (for the first time in years) a free role in the midfield. There was a particular bit of skill which was brilliant last night. Just after Hearts thought they'd scored the ball came to Brown in the middle of the park, some yam (obviously still spewing from the "goal") came charging towards him. He flicked the ball round him, the yam ran past the ball, he fed it out wide and 10 seconds later rammed the ball past the jambo clown in goal. Can't wait to see him turn out for Scotland so I can actually cheer him on :aok:

Great post and exactly my feelings on the matter; I still have a soft spot for Brown - and definitely not Celtic, or any other club team he might play for - and I always enjoy watching him play for Scotland.

Beefster
09-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Scott Brown was a fantastic player for Hibs and left to join a bigger, far more successful club. He was part of a team that gave us all a fantastic cup run and day out at Hampden when we hammered Killie 5-1. He's left £2k a week for a reported £20k a week and not to mention earning Hibs a cool £4.4 million in the process.

Anyone slating the guy needs their head examined. Never said a bad word about Hibs as far as I'm aware. Happy to be proved wrong.

Possibly not (in public, at least). He did hand in a transfer request immediately after a match, get his agent whining in the press about Hibs and only settle down once he had been guaranteed his move in the summer though. Brown was no better than Thomson - the only difference being the column and the fact that Thomson and Collins hated each other.

We don't get Whittaker love-ins on here despite him being infinitely more dignified in his move than Brown. It's cringe-worthy that someone who treated us with contempt and has been playing for Celtic longer than he played for Hibs is more celebrated than our own players.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Possibly not (in public, at least). He did hand in a transfer request immediately after a match, get his agent whining in the press about Hibs and only settle down once he had been guaranteed his move in the summer though. Brown was no better than Thomson - the only difference being the column and the fact that Thomson and Collins hated each other.

We don't get Whittaker love-ins on here despite him being infinitely more dignified in his move than Brown. It's cringe-worthy that someone who treated us with contempt and has been playing for Celtic longer than he played for Hibs is more celebrated than our own players.

:agree: He was an erse towards the end of his time at Hibs, although he did perform well, his actions through his agent was typical Brown, he didn't care about the club or fans.

As i said before though, it does not stop me smile at his actions last night against the windae lickers.

greenlex
09-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I think if he had gone down south instead of west there would be less bitterness toward Scott even if the way he left was unchanged.
Folk are bitter because he plays for Celtic rather than how he ended up there.
If he had a Man Utd shirt on or a Spurs shirt we would all be gushing about an ex Hibee strutting his stuff down there as we are to an extent with Fletcher.
Imagine he was playing for Spurs this season in the Europa League and had bagged one at the asbestos arena in a six or seven goal gubbing and done that celebration.. This thread would be taking a different slant.
Just my opinion likes.

--------
09-02-2012, 08:24 PM

So the stuff his agent put in the press on his behalf? Did "Broonaldo" dissociate himself from it? No. So he agreed with it - so he approved it. Tell me how that's different from saying it himself? I could argue that at least KT had the guts to put his name to what he was saying, not hide behind his agent.

And no, I DON'T need my head examined. Maybe I'm just getting tired of the constant hate-fest that some people on this forum indulge in in regard to Hearts. Sometimes seems that hating Hearts is what they're about - not supporting Hibs. They're just as bad as the Kickbackers, some of them.

And I don't really like a Celtic player continuing to stir up bad feeling between Hibs and Hearts when he went off to richer pickings years ago.

Brown is a Celtic player and has been for the past 5 years yet we still get these "OOOOO BROONIE, WE LUVVVVVV YOO!!!!" threads on a regular basis. Like I say - we're NOT the "Wee Celtic".

ekhibee
09-02-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that he gave part of his signing on fee to the Hibs youth team, if true you can't really knock the guy.

AlbertK86
09-02-2012, 09:13 PM
So the stuff his agent put in the press on his behalf? Did "Broonaldo" dissociate himself from it? No. So he agreed with it - so he approved it. Tell me how that's different from saying it himself? I could argue that at least KT had the guts to put his name to what he was saying, not hide behind his agent.

And no, I DON'T need my head examined. Maybe I'm just getting tired of the constant hate-fest that some people on this forum indulge in in regard to Hearts. Sometimes seems that hating Hearts is what they're about - not supporting Hibs. They're just as bad as the Kickbackers, some of them.

And I don't really like a Celtic player continuing to stir up bad feeling between Hibs and Hearts when he went off to richer pickings years ago.

Brown is a Celtic player and has been for the past 5 years yet we still get these "OOOOO BROONIE, WE LUVVVVVV YOO!!!!" threads on a regular basis. Like I say - we're NOT the "Wee Celtic".

Awright calm doon !!!

It's no hatred it's banter

andy1875
09-02-2012, 09:13 PM

I honestly can't remember from memory what Broony or his agent said in the press, end of the day he helped us win a long overdue trophy, significantly increased his wage packet and Hibs also raked in a record transfer fee.

As for hating Hearts, yes I dislike some of our Maroon neighbours but hey some of my good friends are jambos! Is it me needing my head examined then? Haha end of the day it's harmless banter and that is what that GIRUY stance was last night.

He is a Celtic player but I still admire his talent and arrogant style of play. I will of course hate this talent playing against us next Sunday :greengrin

Cheers

The we still love Broony supporters club.

khib70
09-02-2012, 09:24 PM

:top marks and the same for your previous post.

There are some posters on here whose true loyalties I'm not really sure of.

Brown is an ignorant Old Firm tosser who happened to play for us once. And some of us at least, regard the OF as two identical plukes on the face of Scottish football, and we don't hypocritically differentiate between guys who leave us for one side and those who leave for the other.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2012, 09:58 PM

Correct.

If Brown had left Hibs and signed for Rangers instead of Celtic, he wouldn't be receiving half the admiration that he continues to get on here from certain quarters.

I couldn't care less about Scott Brown.

He was a good player for Hibs a few years ago and I have some good memories of him in a Hibs shirt but he's no longer with us and he's like every other player who has left us to go on to a new club - an irrelevance.

3pm
09-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Scott Brown, tosser.

I wish I had something more constructive to add. I don't, so just to clarify ; tosser.

Baldy Foghorn
09-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Scott Brown, tosser.

I wish I had something more constructive to add. I don't, so just to clarify ; tosser.

Succinctly put :top marks

hibbysam
09-02-2012, 10:35 PM

So.. I for one still to this day believe Brown was one of the ringleaders in the revolt against John Collins, That revolt that ultimately cost us our biggest chance of a double we will ever have, we had bloody Dunfermline in the semi final of the Scottish and they revolted against Collins and blew it big time.. For that I will NEVER forgive Scott Brown! Middle of a huge season and he hands in a transfer request.. Selfish twat!!

We are Hibs.. Bigger than any one player or person! Brown now plays for Celtic.. **** HIM! just like the rest of them.

Fantic
09-02-2012, 10:41 PM
All the jambos hate him and he's taken a lot of personal abuse over the years. I love it when he gets it right up them!

500miles
09-02-2012, 10:59 PM
They say actions speak louder than words, and that a player does his talking on the park.
I can't remember what Scotty said in the press, but i sure as hell remember him as the most committed player to the original green and white every time he wore it. That is the greatest compliment he could have paid to the club.

ekhibee
10-02-2012, 12:58 AM
They say actions speak louder than words, and that a player does his talking on the park.
I can't remember what Scotty said in the press, but i sure as hell remember him as the most committed player to the original green and white every time he wore it. That is the greatest compliment he could have paid to the club.

Totally agree.

givescotlandfreedom
10-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Correct.

If Brown had left Hibs and signed for Rangers instead of Celtic, he wouldn't be receiving half the admiration that he continues to get on here from certain quarters.

Sad but true

500miles
10-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Correct.

He was a good player for Hibs a few years ago and I have some good memories of him in a Hibs shirt but he's no longer with us and he's like every other player who has left us to go on to a new club - an irrelevance.

I disagree. I think there are a great number of Hibs fans with a lot of time for his former team-mate, Steven Whittaker currently of the Hun.
I certainly do. It's good to see the guys who worked hard for Hibs do well. Guys like Thomson, who just didn't bother his arse after putting in the transfer request, are worthy of our ire, but that's not every player that goes to the OF.

Dinkydoo
10-02-2012, 05:49 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that he gave part of his signing on fee to the Hibs youth team, if true you can't really knock the guy.

I'm sure he did too.

Beefster
10-02-2012, 06:03 AM
I think if he had gone down south instead of west there would be less bitterness toward Scott even if the way he left was unchanged.
Folk are bitter because he plays for Celtic rather than how he ended up there.

Disagree.

In my case, I'm not bitter towards Brown at all - I just don't understand the revisionism that goes on with him. I've gone as far as to defend Katie's pre-departure behaviour so it's not a case of me not being able to handle players leaving for the Old Firm.

I disagree. I think there are a great number of Hibs fans with a lot of time for his former team-mate, Steven Whittaker currently of the Hun.
I certainly do. It's good to see the guys who worked hard for Hibs do well. Guys like Thomson, who just didn't bother his arse after putting in the transfer request, are worthy of our ire, but that's not every player that goes to the OF.

That's nonsense IMO. Thomson didn't put in a transfer request - it was Brown - and, IIRC, Thomson's form didn't drop during the saga.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2012, 09:50 AM

I can remember what he said, thats why i think he's a turd. It does not stop me admiring his wind up technique though, or his footballing ability.

Thomson i feel the same about, yet Murphy and Whittaker imo left in much better circumstances, and i look at them much more favourably now.

bawheid
10-02-2012, 09:59 AM
I can remember what he said, thats why i think he's a turd. It does not stop me admiring his wind up technique though, or his footballing ability.

Thomson i feel the same about, yet Murphy and Whittaker imo left in much better circumstances, and i look at them much more favourably now.

What did he say? I genuinely don't remember Brown or his agent bad-mouthing the club in the press. Any links? :confused:

I do remember Brown helping to drag us through the semi-final against St Johnstone in extra-time, and also being part of the cup winning side against Kilmarnock. A Hibernian cup winner - a rare thing indeed.

I also remember him being the best player on the park by a country mile in the Dunfermline SF replay at Hampden. He didn't deserve to be on the losing side that night and was visibly gutted at the end. I do believe he wanted to leave Hibs with the Scottish Cup.

A fine Hibernian cup winner who gets it right up the Yams at every opportunity he's given. You'll do for me, Scotty.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2012, 10:05 AM
What did he say? I genuinely don't remember Brown or his agent bad-mouthing the club in the press. Any links? :confused:

I do remember Brown helping to drag us through the semi-final against St Johnstone in extra-time, and also being part of the cup winning side against Kilmarnock. A Hibernian cup winner - a rare thing indeed.

I also remember him being the best player on the park by a country mile in the Dunfermline SF replay at Hampden. He didn't deserve to be on the losing side that night and was visibly gutted at the end. I do believe he wanted to leave Hibs with the Scottish Cup.

A fine Hibernian cup winner who gets it right up the Yams at every opportunity he's given. You'll do for me, Scotty.

He said in the papers how he should have been allowed to leave, and now that Hibs had not let him go, he'd stay now and see his contract out. I will now make sure Hibs get nothing was his last comment on the matter.

bawheid
10-02-2012, 10:09 AM
He said in the papers how he should have been allowed to leave, and now that Hibs had not let him go, he'd stay now and see his contract out. I will now make sure Hibs get nothing was his last comment on the matter.

But instead he left Hibs with the League Cup, £4.4m and a great whack of his signing on fee at Celtic. Not too shabby, and actions speak louder than words.

Genuinely don't remember those comments in the press.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2012, 10:13 AM
But instead he left Hibs with the League Cup, £4.4m and a great whack of his signing on fee at Celtic. Not too shabby, and actions speak louder than words.

Genuinely don't remember those comments in the press.

I can assure you he did say them, and thats why i think he's a turd. He was also in on the revolt too. I also think he helped us win the cup, and we did get a decent fee for him, yet if he'd got his way we'd have received half of that.

As i said, great player, not fussed by the person. Compare the way Murphy and Whittaker went about their departures, there's no comparison really.

Beefster
10-02-2012, 10:20 AM

McKay also repeatedly criticised Hibs/Mowbray/Collins for 'misleading' both players and for refusing to entertain his/their demands. I'm sure he explained that only Brown put the transfer request in because 'he felt stronger about it' too. 'It' being the fact that they felt that Hibs were shafting them despite them only having signed new contracts.

Edit: I'm fairly sure that Brown said he would 'jump at the chance' to speak to Rangers. He was a Hibs player at the time.

silverhibee
10-02-2012, 10:25 AM
:sick:

And in what way exactly is this a cause for celebration among Hibs fans? Celtic winning the treble, I mean?

Allowing that HIBS (that's the team that Hibs supporters are supposed to support, remember?) are still in the Scottish Cup - though terminally unlikely to win it, I admit - we should be hoping like hell that "Scotty Broonaldo" and his present team-mates get a right royal stuffing from Dundee United in the next round, on the basis that most commentators make Celtic favourites for the trophy and would reckon that HIBS (your team, right?) will have a better chance of beating DU than Celtic if we have to play them later in the competition.

Brown left Hibs FIVE years ago, after making life as unpleasant as he possibly could for John Collins and the Hibernian board. There's no doubt in my mind that he was one of the stirrers behind the dressing-room revolt that spelled the beginning of the end for Collins, and puerile behaviour like winding up the opposition fans as he did last night simply confirm to me that he's an immature, nasty piece of work. A fine footballer, but deep down, a balloon.

I take it you'll still be getting all excited over Scotty-Broony-Broonaldo if he does the same thing in front of the East Stand at ER on the 19th?

We aren't the "Wee Celts", you know, though with threads like these on the board, I sometimes wonder.

:applause:

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2012, 10:40 AM
McKay also repeatedly criticised Hibs/Mowbray/Collins for 'misleading' both players and for refusing to entertain his/their demands. I'm sure he explained that only Brown put the transfer request in because 'he felt stronger about it' too. 'It' being the fact that they felt that Hibs were shafting them despite them only having signed new contracts.

Edit: I'm fairly sure that Brown said he would 'jump at the chance' to speak to Rangers. He was a Hibs player at the time.

:agree: And we all know how honest McKay is.

Peevemor
10-02-2012, 10:41 AM

I honestly don't recall any of that.

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I honestly don't recall any of that.

Its ok, i dont remember some things too? :greengrin

bawheid
10-02-2012, 10:52 AM

Don't recall any of the 'quotes' above.

I remember the Worst Hibs Captain Ever's column in the Daily Record and everything that surrounded it. I remember Brown handing in the transfer request on the advice of his agent. Not pleasant.

I remember Brown winning a trophy for Hibs. I remember him bursting a gut to try and win us another. I enjoy watching him winding up Merricks any chance he gets.

bawheid
10-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Its ok, i dont remember some things too? :greengrin

Clearly. :agree::greengrin

blackpoolhibs
10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Brown_(Scottish_footballer)#Hibernian

I know its only wiki?????

Kaiser_Sauzee
10-02-2012, 11:04 AM

Nice one Scotty

PS

GGTTH

GIRFUY Jambos

Celebrates a Celtc goal and gets a two pager.

ShanksSaidNo
10-02-2012, 11:16 AM
A few folk have commented that Brown only did that celebration because it was at Tynecastle, against them. Not true - since the infamous Diouf incident - Brown celebrates all of his goals in that manner.

I don't recall him saying he'll make sure Hibs "get nothing". Infact i'm pretty sure that never happened - if he had said it and those were his feelings towards Hibs why would he have burst a gut in the way he did to win us a trophy? Why would he have celebrated the way he did when we won that final? If he felt that much angst towards Hibs then he wouldn't have bothered his erse. Take Mikey Stewart for example - his face said it all, he would rather have been anywhere rather than on that Hampden pitch at the end of the game.

I still like Brown, a Hibs cup winner, Scotland regular and on his inevitable departure bagged us a tidy penny (not his fault that our money men didnt invest it wisely).

Come Celtic - Hibs matchdays however, he is just another OF player that I hope ends up on the end of a hammerin.

Beefster
10-02-2012, 11:44 AM

That doesn't mean that they're not reasonably accurate.

Dinkydoo
10-02-2012, 11:46 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Brown_(Scottish_footballer)#Hibernian

I know its only wiki?????

I must be stupid because I can't see the quote where he says "I will now make sure Hibs get nothing." :wink:

bawheid
10-02-2012, 11:51 AM
That doesn't mean that they're not reasonably accurate.

No, but we're cleary going by memory here. Can you link any articles which back up your recollection of events?

Beefster
10-02-2012, 12:08 PM
No, but we're cleary going by memory here. Can you link any articles which back up your recollection of events?

The quote about seeing out his contract and moving on a Bosman was a Record 'exclusive' with Jackson. This piece from the Record refers to it:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+HIBS+KO+LATE+pounds+4M+BROWN+SWOOP%3B+ Exclusive+Celtic+AND...-a0158659574

'Hibs misled them and why only Brown put in a transfer request' :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6204118.stm

The "jump at the chance to speak to Rangers" seems to have been another Record exclusive by Jackson and is referenced here (I don't think the Record hold stories that far back):

http://hibsfc_1875.webs.com/hibsnews.htm

Shrekko
10-02-2012, 12:08 PM

I remember the Worst Hibs Captain Ever's column in the Daily Record and everything that surrounded it. I remember Brown handing in the transfer request on the advice of his agent. Not pleasant.

I remember Brown winning a trophy for Hibs. I remember him bursting a gut to try and win us another. I enjoy watching him winding up Merricks any chance he gets.

Funny how 'quotes' by Kevin Thomson that have been massively exaggerated and twisted are generally considered as 'facts' on here but nobody seems to remember some of the things Brown said.

He definitely made a stupid 'threat' about seeing out his contract and certainly said a number of other derogatory things, particularly about the fans supposedly not being behind him and he also once complained that 'people in the street' were giving him a hard time for not signing a new 10 year contract for £100 a week.

bawheid
10-02-2012, 12:21 PM
The quote about seeing out his contract and moving on a Bosman was a Record 'exclusive' with Jackson. This piece from the Record refers to it:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+HIBS+KO+LATE+pounds+4M+BROWN+SWOOP%3B+ Exclusive+Celtic+AND...-a0158659574

'Hibs misled them and why only Brown put in a transfer request' :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/6204118.stm

The "jump at the chance to speak to Rangers" seems to have been another Record exclusive by Jackson and is referenced here (I don't think the Record hold stories that far back):

http://hibsfc_1875.webs.com/hibsnews.htm

Yep, pretty much as I recall from the time. A load of wind and pish from Jackson and McKay designed to unsettle the club and players.

That BBC article brings it all back, right enough.

They signed new contracts in March, but they were misled and badly advised,"

"Former manager Tony Mowbray told them that, if they played well, he would look at it again in August."

Really? Which player signs a new contract in March and expects to have it re-negotiated in August of the same year? Utter nonsense.

The boys were happy to stay at Hibs if the contracts were renegotiated, but Hibs are saying that Tony Mowbray is no longer there," said McKay.

"When I became their agent, I gave them my card to give to John Collins so he could give me a call."

McKay said that, when Collins did not respond, he turned his attention to the club's chief executive.

"For three weeks now, I have been asking Rod Petrie for a meeting," he said.

"My phone is open 24 hours a day for Rod to call me and discuss the situation.

"Rod has been saying that the boys were happy until I arrived, but that was not the case.

"They signed a contract in March, but they were badly advised by Hibs and their agent at the time.

"I'm urging Rod to pick up the phone and sort this out.

"The boys want to stay, but they will not be held to ransom"

Have you ever read so much pish in your entire life?? :faf:

They both hired McKay and at the end of the day they both got what they wanted. Brown did it much better than Thomson though, in the end...

stubble
10-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Scott Brown delivered big time for us...end of. He was presented with an opportunity to do the same job whilst having his salary increased ten fold....a no brainer. Our club received an unbelievable offer from Celtic, running into millions....again, a no brainer decision for Petrie and co.
This Hibby is grateful for Scott Browns legacy. If he chooses to wind up the maroon hordes in a Celtic shirt.....so what?
:cb

Wotherspiniesta
10-02-2012, 05:19 PM

If Scott Brown was to do that, I'd completely lose respect for him. We gave him the opportunity from an early age to become the player he is today. Of course we'd have all wanted hom to steer clear of Celtic/Rangers but he chose Celtic and I guess we have to live with that.

I met him once and he seemed quite a shy lad and I cant ever remember him getting into any trouble off the pitch. He started his career here, played with his heart on his sleeve, helped us win a trophy and made us a fortune when he left. If he was playing anywhere else bar the OF, we'd all be happy to see him doing well.

Call me naive if you want, but I can't see him being as disrescpectful to Hibs as he appears to be towards Rangers and Hearts.

As for us being the "Wee Celts"... incase you missed the other night Doddie, Celtic fans were chanting "Hibees, Hibees" If anything, they're the wee Hibees. First to wear the green and all that. :cb:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Any player who leaves us to join either side of the manky mob can GTF as far as I am concerned and who cares what they do when they score or anything else against clubs who cant hope to have the players in their team to compete against the OF and I include the Yams in that. It would be like me celebrating coz I had scored a goal against my neices girls team. Wheres the glory in scoring against teams who you should be expected to beat every time you play them.

And while I'm at it, the likes of Kenny Miller and Anthony Stokes ( one brought through by Hibs and the others career saved by Hibs ) who indulge in wild celebrations when they score at ER have no class and no bloody gratitude towards the club who did so much for them.

Guys who play in Italy never celebrate when they score against clubs they have played for previously and that should be the same here.

Rant over

Iggy Pope
10-02-2012, 06:28 PM

What is it now? A Hearts love in?
Should we all be pals?
Bad wee Scotty, bad wee Celtic player that ye are.

Correct.

Hardly an irrelevance. A big player for us still performing in the league we play in and scoring against 'them'. Not nearly as irrelevant as Man United, a subject around which you post relentlessly.

Maybe when he gets a goal against Hearts at Tynie you'll get one? As long as his celebration doesn't include flashing that Hertz tattoo he so reputedly sports!

I must be stupid because I can't see the quote where he says "I will now make sure Hibs get nothing." :wink:

Me neither. And we didn't get nothing. We got millions. We are fond of making stuff up on here when it suits us are we not?

andy1875
10-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Scott Brown delivered big time for us...end of. He was presented with an opportunity to do the same job whilst having his salary increased ten fold....a no brainer. Our club received an unbelievable offer from Celtic, running into millions....again, a no brainer decision for Petrie and co.
This Hibby is grateful for Scott Browns legacy. If he chooses to wind up the maroon hordes in a Celtic shirt.....so what?
:cb

My thoughts exactly mate.

You will still get a few on here that will accuse you of being a secret Celtic supporter because you still admire Broony mind.

Captain Trips
10-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I will quote chewin the fat on these two players mentioned here again "ya couple of fannies"

That is all.

Beefster
10-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Maybe when he gets a goal against Hearts at Tynie you'll get one? As long as his celebration doesn't include flashing that Heretz tattoo he so reputedly sports!

Maybe but we didn't get out the bunting when Caldwell scored there for Celtic so I don't hold out much hope.

I wouldn't mind so much if we only had a Scott Brown love-in when he scored at Tynecastle, rather than having one every couple of months, anyway.