PDA

View Full Version : Best fans in the world - Celtic ****

IanM
09-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Shameful Celtic fans throwing coins at the ball boys last night at Tynecastle, they had to move the ball boys to the opposite end of the ground.

Pretty Boy
09-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Heard about this earlier. Shocking if true.

Apparently also booing and abusing the kids on the park at half time again.

I'd love other clubs to be able to afford to take the financial hit and stop these cants and their brothers from across the city coming and polluting our ears and eyes with their nonsense 4 times a year.

Cabbage East
09-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Won't someone think of the children?

DarrenSQH
09-02-2012, 09:46 AM
All supports have their share of idiots.

The celtic support sounded pretty amazing last night. Constant singing from the 2nd minute.

Thecat23
09-02-2012, 09:49 AM

The celtic support sounded pretty amazing last night. Constant singing from the 2nd minute.

Vile support plain and simple. More singing about Huns as well. Yeah pretty amazing right enough. :rolleyes: I hate Celtic and Rangers as much as each other and every single one of their horrible, vile, rank, smelly, trampy, stinking, incest loving, fans.

Broken Gnome
09-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Vile support plain and simple. More singing about Huns as well. Yeah pretty amazing right enough. :rolleyes: I hate Celtic and Rangers as much as each other and every single one of their horrible, vile, rank, smelly, trampy, stinking, incest loving, fans.

Vivid and accurate description :agree:

Just because they make a lot of noise doesn't mean they've to be admired.

Suburban Hibby
09-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Won't someone think of the children?

I am sure your response would be the same if it was the Huns......

Thecat23
09-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Vivid and accurate description :agree:

Just because they make a lot of noise doesn't mean they've to be admired.

Exactly! I can't think of anything worse than listening to that mob or their ugly sister.

HibeeEmma
09-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Heard about this earlier. Shocking if true.

Apparently also booing and abusing the kids on the park at half time again.

I'd love other clubs to be able to afford to take the financial hit and stop these cants and their brothers from across the city coming and polluting our ears and eyes with their nonsense 4 times a year.

The worrying part is, most of their followers are from our local towns

Hibs7
09-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Maybe they knew the boys would not be paid and were giving them charity ( joke, before the pc mob descend on me )

scuttle
09-02-2012, 10:58 AM
thought they were very vocal and poked fun at both Hearts and Rangers.But as usual let themselves down with the Pro IRA chanting

Pete
09-02-2012, 11:04 AM
If this is true then why was the game not stopped immediately?

Did this really happen or is it just jambo sour grapes? I'm sorry but I'll have sympathy for hearts when their fans stop invading the pitch, hurling sectarian abuse and attacking players and managers.

They've made a rod for their own back.

.Sean.
09-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Celtic supporters are vile twats, still singing about Irish politics and other irrelevant ***** which nobody with a brain cell really cares much for. A bunch of Rebel ****bags, IMO worse than Rangers fans. Hate them.

Bohemian_Hibee
09-02-2012, 11:13 AM
I hate Celtic and Rangers as much as each other and every single one of their horrible, vile, rank, smelly, trampy, stinking, incest loving, fans.

:top marks Perfectly sums them up.:aok:

Frazerbob
09-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Clear and very loud chants of "Oooh ah up the Ra" last night (9 min 43 secs if anyone has the game on Sky+). Must have been several hundred singing it. There were also several shouts of "fenian" this and that throughout the game from the home support cleary heard over the TV.

Anyone seen the photo doing the rounds of Neil Lennon's close protection guy giving the Jambos the "v" sign from behind the dug out? http://lockerz.com/s/181909970

All in all, a horrible collection of filth in the PBS yesterday!

Pretty Boy
09-02-2012, 12:20 PM
If this is true then why was the game not stopped immediately?

Did this really happen or is it just jambo sour grapes? I'm sorry but I'll have sympathy for hearts when their fans stop invading the pitch, hurling sectarian abuse and attacking players and managers.

They've made a rod for their own back.

The EEN will be running the story, hardly conclusive proof but more than just gossip too. There's also a picture of the ball boys sitting in the stand.

Hearts fans are what they are but to target kids just because they support a different team is low. I have no sympathy for a large section of the Hearts support either but as I said above kids don't deserve it, and Celtic fans have previous for this.

DCI Gene Hunt
09-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Disgusting :no way:

As usual the SFA will probably turn a blind eye to such behaviour because its Celtic, totally unacceptable :rolleyes:

hibeedonald
09-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Our fans would never throw coins at the PBS... would they?

ShanksSaidNo
09-02-2012, 12:30 PM

And?

What's the issue with that?

Frazerbob
09-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Our fans would never throw coins at the PBS... would they?

Nothing new either. I was a ballboy in the early 80's and used to make a fortune in tips from Celtc, Rangers and Hearts games.......also used to have a large collection of Hibs scarfs donated by disgruntled fans during a particularly dire time for the club.

Big Frank
09-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Loady pash. Sellick fans did nothing they havent done for 30years.

<insert town / city> home fans mump their gums at something not football related. (but the reality is their team is gash :greengrin)

<insert glasgow team name> go home with the points in the bag.

I've seen Hibernian fans throwing coins many times over the years, all over Scotland. I also heard Hibernian fans sing naughty songs many times, all over Scotland.

meanwhile, the weegie bawbags go home with the points.....

superfurryhibby
09-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Celtic supporters are vile twats, still singing about Irish politics and other irrelevant ***** which nobody with a brain cell really cares much for. A bunch of Rebel ****bags, IMO worse than Rangers fans. Hate them.

I think you may need to add a bit about irrelevance to football whilst describing Irish politics in these terms. Also, nothing wrong with republicanism, just doesn't have a place in Scottish football.

bruno
09-02-2012, 12:43 PM
The EEN will be running the story, hardly conclusive proof but more than just gossip too. There's also a picture of the ball boys sitting in the stand.

Hearts fans are what they are but to target kids just because they support a different team is low. I have no sympathy for a large section of the Hearts support either but as I said above kids don't deserve it, and Celtic fans have previous for this.

It is true saw it from section G. They are pure fith.

We have idiots who turn out against them and Hibs on a much smaller scale, but Celtic fans have an arrogance of untouchable behaviour in that they feel they can do and sing what they want.

The up the RA song is despicable and the coins and other objects thrown at the ball boys/girls is all too common when they visit. This is the second time the kids have had to be moved in a row.

Killiehibbie
09-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Shameful Celtic fans throwing coins at the ball boys last night at Tynecastle, they had to move the ball boys to the opposite end of the ground.

The police will use cctv to identify them, arrest them in dawn raids and get them banned from all football grounds in Scotland. Either that or just ignore them as usual.

Joe Baker II
09-02-2012, 01:05 PM
I think you may need to add a bit about irrelevance to football whilst describing Irish politics in these terms. Also, nothing wrong with republicanism, just doesn't have a place in Scottish football.

Perfectly acceptable for Scotland fans to boo God Save the Queen as far as I am concerned so do not agree republicanism has no place in Scottish football - one cannot separate sport from reality.

From radio Celltic fans were good last night. As some one posted example of other fans moaning at something to conceal fact there own team was gash on the night!

Thecat23
09-02-2012, 01:09 PM
And?

What's the issue with that?

Ok not so much that. But they honestly get right on my nerves. I'd rather sit and listen to any Hearts fan than a glory hunting tramp.

Thecat23
09-02-2012, 01:11 PM

We have idiots who turn out against them and Hibs on a much smaller scale, but Celtic fans have an arrogance of untouchable behaviour in that they feel they can do and sing what they want.

The up the RA song is despicable and the coins and other objects thrown at the ball boys/girls is all too common when they visit. This is the second time the kids have had to be moved in a row.

It's brutal that they seem to get away with this. I don't think I could contain myself if there were coins getting pelted at me. I'd end up lifted.

Dashing Bob S
09-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Very unusual for followers of Celtic or Rangers to smell, indulge in anti social and bigoted sectarian behavior at football matches, while simultaneously talking themselves up as some sort of chosen master race.

I wonder what's brought all this on?

They'd better watch their step and come to their senses soon, as I understand that the police, footballing authorities and the government treat this issue very seriously indeed.

superfurryhibby
09-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Perfectly acceptable for Scotland fans to boo God Save the Queen as far as I am concerned so do not agree republicanism has no place in Scottish football - one cannot separate sport from reality.From radio Celltic fans were good last night. As some one posted example of other fans moaning at something to conceal fact there own team was gash on the night!

Football seperated itself from reality many years ago, surely?

Also, not aware of any opportunities for Scotland fans to boo God save the Queen since the mid -eighties. Sorry but in Scotland football and politics are not a good mix.

bruno
09-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Perfectly acceptable for Scotland fans to boo God Save the Queen as far as I am concerned so do not agree republicanism has no place in Scottish football - one cannot separate sport from reality.

From radio Celltic fans were good last night. As some one posted example of other fans moaning at something to conceal fact there own team was gash on the night!

They were, as they always are, vocal yes but their choice of pro terrorist organisation songs, assaulting kids with flying objects and destroying seats is your idea of good then fair play to you. We will have to differ in our views. You can't separate sport from reality but can you separate criminality from sport?

We were gash we deserved to get beat but certainly not moaning to conceal the fact.

J-C
09-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Picking up a guy last night around 7.40pm in Roseburn Ter, around 30-40 of these unwashed hoardes walking along sing " I, I, Ra etc etc " so much for the police, who were standing on the corner at the lights doing nothing about there pro IRA chanting.

marinello59
09-02-2012, 01:32 PM

JB2 sucking up to Old Firm fans on a forum dedicated to a team he claims to support but never posts positively about. What a surprise.

robinp
09-02-2012, 01:34 PM
JB2 sucking up to Old Firm fans on a forum dedicated to a team he claims to support but never posts positively about. What a surprise.

:greengrin

JeMeSouviens
09-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Picking up a guy last night around 7.40pm in Roseburn Ter, around 30-40 of these unwashed hoardes walking along sing " I, I, Ra etc etc " so much for the police, who were standing on the corner at the lights doing nothing about there pro IRA chanting.

It's not illegal, yet.

J-C
09-02-2012, 01:38 PM
It's not illegal, yet.

I thought certain pro IRA songs were illegal, that's why the smellies and the Huns keep getting into trouble.

JeMeSouviens
09-02-2012, 01:43 PM
I thought certain pro IRA songs were illegal, that's why the smellies and the Huns keep getting into trouble.

The current law only applies to religious prejudice. It has been successfully argued in court that songs in support of the IRA aren't covered, hence the new legislation which comes into force next month.

CraigHibee
09-02-2012, 01:59 PM

they are total ****, both sides of the old firm are

davemcbain
09-02-2012, 02:04 PM

The best fans in the world will be defending themselves by noting that rather like the first team, the ball boys have had some issues with payment, so these coins should be seen as charitable donations.

These people are giving up their hard earned giro cheques to ensure that those worse off than themselves are properly funded in times of austerity.

Those seats that were ripped up, were merely an attempt by the good people of kerrydale to ensure that those less fortunate than themselves didn't have to stand at the side of the pitch when there was seating available to share.

Glasgowsellick football club are affronted by this media led conspiracy against them and will in due course be expecting a written apology from those spreading the vile rumours and they look forward to recieving in due course a letter of thanks from the board at Tynecastle for their generous donation.

Phil D. Rolls
09-02-2012, 02:08 PM
I am sure your response would be the same if it was the Huns......

:brickwall

Big Frank
09-02-2012, 02:21 PM

Remember that time you couldn't buy a banana in gorgie because your fellow supporters had bought them to throw at Mark Walters. Happy days.

ha, I also remember bein called a fenian this that and the next thing every time I visited your "ground". The sash was a firm favourite down your way, god save the queen, scheadler bang bang bang, boby sands "going" a chicken supper, Union Flags, Red Hand Flags...... I'll just stop their, because, really, its a tiny minority of bigots and lowlifes who follow your "club"..... all in the past as when your fellow "supporters" visit the holy ground, the away end is a sea of maroon and white (your club colours), there is no red hands or union flags etc.

Almost any jambo I know, (from many backgrounds) have an irrational loathing of the soapys, and over the years I've concluded that it is nothing more than irish catholic bigotry for what they percieve the soapys to be. (where as we have a genuine dislike for them because of what they have done to our club since their inception).

Jambos taking the moral high ground... vintage :aok:

Have a look at yourselves at the next derby :cb

Hibernia Na Eir
09-02-2012, 02:51 PM

Here, here !:agree:

Hibernia Na Eir
09-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Remember that time you couldn't buy a banana in gorgie because your fellow supporters had bought them to throw at Mark Walters. Happy days.

ha, I also remember bein called a fenian this that and the next thing every time I visited your "ground". The sash was a firm favourite down your way, god save the queen, scheadler bang bang bang, boby sands "going" a chicken supper, Union Flags, Red Hand Flags...... I'll just stop their, because, really, its a tiny minority of bigots and lowlifes who follow your "club"..... all in the past as when your fellow "supporters" visit the holy ground, the away end is a sea of maroon and white (your club colours), there is no red hands or union flags etc.

Almost any jambo I know, (from many backgrounds) have an irrational loathing of the soapys, and over the years I've concluded that it is nothing more than irish catholic bigotry for what they percieve the soapys to be. (where as we have a genuine dislike for them because of what they have done to our club since their inception).

couldnt have put it better!
Small memories these Hearts followers....
I may be just guessing here, just ever so slightly, but does no one else think that Celtic fans "enjoy" going to Gorgie and stirring up the natives cause they know they get it dished out back to them?
Its not new you know!
Anyway, the most rotten fans in the world.......

Hertz. Always.:agree:

bruno
09-02-2012, 02:58 PM

Deary deary dear

Mark Walters was nearly 25 years ago I think you need to climb out of the past and into the now and present.

25 years ago things were very different and many things in society were acceptable which clearly now (correctly) are not. I shouldn’t have to spell it out to you but things have changed, and changed for the better. I have taken my son to every game at Easter Road since he was 7 he’s now 14 could I have done that 25 years ago safe in the knowledge he will be part of a hostile but safe atmosphere as we have now.

Come along to Tynie in March you will see a different scene from 25 years ago and apart from a very few nuggets not even born then you will not be subjected to even a fraction of the vile bigoted venom prevalent then

If you cared to look at my posts I certainly don’t take the moral high ground I despise the union flag waving which appears at fixtures against Hibs and Celtic but not as much I despise coin throwing at children and glorifying of a terrorist organistaion.

I am open minded enough to realise there are idiots in any support whether they hbe hearts fans running on the pitch or Hibs fans throwing objects at Hearts players. Does this mean the vast majority of Hibs and Herats fans are animals certainly not but the proportion in both sides of the OF is much much higher. They rely on their numbers and clout their clubs have in Scottish Football to push the boundaries to the limit and beyond

Andy74
09-02-2012, 02:59 PM

Correct.

Andy74
09-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Deary deary dear

Mark Walters was nearly 25 years ago I think you need to climb out of the past and into the now and present.

25 years ago things were very different and many things in society were acceptable which clearly now (correctly) are not. I shouldn’t have to spell it out to you but things have changed, and changed for the better. I have taken my son to every game at Easter Road since he was 7 he’s now 14 could I have done that 25 years ago safe in the knowledge he will be part of a hostile but safe atmosphere as we have now.

Come along to Tynie in March you will see a different scene from 25 years ago and apart from a very few nuggets not even born then you will not be subjected to even a fraction of the vile bigoted venom prevalent then

If you cared to look at my posts I certainly don’t take the moral high ground I despise the union flag waving which appears at fixtures against Hibs and Celtic but not as much I despise coin throwing at children and glorifying of a terrorist organistaion.

I am open minded enough to realise there are idiots in any support whether they hbe hearts fans running on the pitch or Hibs fans throwing objects at Hearts players. Does this mean the vast majority of Hibs and Herats fans are animals certainly not but the proportion in both sides of the OF is much much higher. They rely on their numbers and clout their clubs have in Scottish Football to push the boundaries to the limit and beyond

Homophobia has ruined more lives around the world than the IRA. Discuss. :wink:

Hibernia Na Eir
09-02-2012, 03:02 PM

There were more than a few over from Belfast last night for the game. And therein perhaps lies the problem that may never go away (especially Celtic away games)......unless you stop the flights/ferries?

HibbyAndy
09-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Ok not so much that. But they honestly get right on my nerves. I'd rather sit and listen to any Hearts fan than a glory hunting tramp.

I wouldn't,They are disgusting vermin tramps too.

bruno
09-02-2012, 03:06 PM

And the relevance to this is!!!!

That is almost as pointless as saying more people have been injured by flying coins than bananas at football matches:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
09-02-2012, 03:42 PM

Don't forget Paedophilia

But not to let celtic off the hook, hearts should ban them from the next game at tynie if true. All those empty seats would surely teach them a lesson. Sure vlad wouldn't mind some loss in revenue.

Big Frank
09-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Deary deary dear

get her!

I wont spell it out for your either :wink:, however, knowing your response would be "that was then, this is now", I commented on your fellow "supporters" when at the holy ground in present times. Hoping you wouldn't trot out the bog standard response you did. I failed, so apologies for that.

Its there. Its always been there. It will continue until your corrupt "club" implodes.

You are taking the moral I'm afraid. I posted earlier in the thread :

"Loady pash. Sellick fans did nothing they havent done for 30years.

<insert town / city> home fans mump their gums at something not football related. (but the reality is their team is gash :greengrin)

<insert glasgow team name> go home with the points in the bag.

I've seen Hibernian fans throwing coins many times over the years, all over Scotland. I also heard Hibernian fans sing naughty songs many times, all over Scotland.

meanwhile, the weegie bawbags go home with the points..... "

Which for me is the long short and tall of it.

I am open minded enough to realise there are idiots in any support whether they hbe hearts fans running on the pitch or Hibs fans throwing objects at Hearts players. Does this mean the vast majority of Hibs and Herats fans are animals certainly not but the proportion in both sides of the OF is much much higher.

How long ago do tyou think it was when (almost) the entire ground was belting out the sash, or when at the holy ground the entire dunbar end? The professed minority is huge! I also am insure with regards the proportion with the infirm in that 3500 soapys or blunoses belting out their nonsense (because thats what it is - nonsense) is a small fraction of those who attend darkhead or ipox... the inference there is that a bigger proportion of merricks belting out their nonsense at the holyground in relation to those who attend your "ground".:dizzy:

They rely on their numbers and clout their clubs have in Scottish Football to push the boundaries to the limit and beyond

Yes they do. Unfortunately we (Hibernian, hertz, dons etc etc etc) let them out sing and out play us everytime, and they sneek back to their holes 3 points further away from us than when they started the game.

However, we at Hibernian are a broad church. You and your laddie are more than welcome to follow what will be THE Capital club when your corrupt club implodes. I mean that, I hope good minded Hertz fans like yourself will come along and help us break the provincial clubs domination.

You know you want to. :wink:

Andy74
09-02-2012, 03:54 PM
And the relevance to this is!!!!

That is almost as pointless as saying more people have been injured by flying coins than bananas at football matches:wink:

The relevance being that you are calling Celtic fans despicable for singing about the IRA when your entire support sing homophobic songs every time we play you.

Hibernia Na Eir
09-02-2012, 04:08 PM
The relevance being that you are calling Celtic fans despicable for singing about the IRA when your entire support sing homophobic songs every time we play you.

and, again, Hearts fans were up to their knees in Fenian blood last night.
Their fans really have to begin to start learning not to have a go at other clubs fans' sing songs when their very own repeat it time after time after time.....

The Modfather
09-02-2012, 04:14 PM

Deary Me Big Frank,

Hearts are a football club with a minority of morons in it (as do we, albeit a smaller minority that the Pub Team). The old firm are sectarian constitutions with a minority of football fans in them. That's the difference.

I despair at some of the posts on this thread, such hatred, and use of words like "vermin". I can only speak for myself, but I certainly don't hate the Pub Team, I don't hate anything (other than an irrational hatred for Russel Brand :greengrin). Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Hearts, but some of my best friends and folk I work with are Jambos. It's a football rivalry, all about banter. Albeit with us on the receiving end of the banter all too often. Nothing more, nor should it be. Hatred shouldn't come into it.

Pretty Boy
09-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Deary Me Big Frank,

Hearts are a football club with a minority of morons in it (as do we, albeit a smaller minority that the Pub Team). The old firm are sectarian constitutions with a minority of football fans in them. That's the difference.

I despair at some of the posts on this thread, such hatred, and use of words like "vermin". I can only speak for myself, but I certainly don't hate the Pub Team, I don't hate anything (other than an irrational hatred for Russel Brand :greengrin). Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Hearts, but some of my best friends and folk I work with are Jambos. It's a football rivalry, all about banter. Albeit with us on the receiving end of the banter all too often. Nothing more, nor should it be. Hatred shouldn't come into it.

Agreed.

It always amazes me when I see people who I assume to be adults proudly proclaiming they have no mates who support Hearts or vice versa on the other side.

I don't like Hearts, on Derby day I want nothing more than to beat them but in my actual life, that football is a nice escape from, I have plenty mates who support a whole host of other teams including Hearts. A few of.them are muppets when it comes to football, most of them are fine. They're a bit like me, they support their own team and dislike the other but on the whole they are grown up enough to see there's more to life than football and its not really worth hating people for.

It's only a game after all.

Big Frank
09-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Deary Me Big Frank,

indeed.

SanFranHibs
09-02-2012, 06:49 PM

Calling Pat Stanton a glory hunting tramp !!!

Hibernia Na Eir
09-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Deary Me Big Frank,

you'd soon get p#%%*d off hearing anti Irish crap hearts fans come out with in the workplace. Lucky for you, your hertz pals are all good time boys.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2012, 07:39 PM

Not surprised in the slightest.

My brother went to the Falkirk v Celtic semi final a couple of weeks ago and he said that there was loads of them outside Hampden after the game, giving it the usual "up the 'ra" garbage etc.

Whatever people think about Hearts and their supporters in general, the fact that there were reportedly adults throwing objects such as coins at children last night is pretty disgraceful.

The current law only applies to religious prejudice. It has been successfully argued in court that songs in support of the IRA aren't covered, hence the new legislation which comes into force next month.

Fairly certain that singing songs in support of a proscribed terrorist organisation (which the IRA is) is covered under section 1 of the Terrorism Act 2006, which applies to the "encouragement of terrorism". :dunno:

The Modfather
09-02-2012, 07:48 PM
you'd soon get p#%%*d off hearing anti Irish crap hearts fans come out with in the workplace. Lucky for you, your hertz pals are all good time boys.

:confused: As I would if had Hearts/Hibs/Dunfermline/Raith etc etc colleagues that came out with sectarian nonsense of any nature. Disappointing if you have morons at your work. I have a Geordie at work who is a muppet at times, doesn't mean I hate the English.

Anyway, wasn't meaning to have a personal go at anyone so I'll stop before I put my foot in my mouth and look to be singling anyone out :thumbsup:

Since90+2
09-02-2012, 08:00 PM

Looks like you have trumped him there :greengrin

Bostonhibby
09-02-2012, 08:08 PM
They were, as they always are, vocal yes but their choice of pro terrorist organisation songs, assaulting kids with flying objects and destroying seats is your idea of good then fair play to you. We will have to differ in our views. You can't separate sport from reality but can you separate criminality from sport?

We were gash we deserved to get beat but certainly not moaning to conceal the fact.

:agree: with all this other crap that I know happened they ruined the impact of a couple of perfectly good songs about the possibility of Scotland being Hun free and your boys going bust that I would have been perfectly happy to hear Hibbies singing :greengrin The rest is vile semi literate drivel from a bygone era, hopefully we will be singing about their possible demise in some shape or form as well. Lesser greens in every respect.

Bostonhibby
09-02-2012, 08:21 PM
:confused: As I would if had Hearts/Hibs/Dunfermline/Raith etc etc colleagues that came out with sectarian nonsense of any nature. Disappointing if you have morons at your work. I have a Geordie at work who is a muppet at times, doesn't mean I hate the English.

Anyway, wasn't meaning to have a personal go at anyone so I'll stop before I put my foot in my mouth and look to be singling anyone out :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: good post, point well made.

But, you picking on me?:wink:

JeMeSouviens
09-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Fairly certain that singing songs in support of a proscribed terrorist organisation (which the IRA is) is covered under section 1 of the Terrorism Act 2006, which applies to the "encouragement of terrorism". :dunno:

We've been down this road before. It's not. "encouragement of terrorism" is defined as :

Prohibits the publishing of "a statement that is likely to be understood by some or all of the members of the public to whom it is published as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to them to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism or Convention offences." Indirect encouragement statements include every statement which glorifies the commission or preparation (whether in the past, in the future or generally) of such acts or offences; and is a statement from which those members of the public could reasonably be expected to infer that what is being glorified as conduct that should be emulated by them in existing circumstances."

Clearly this doesn't apply to the plastic rebels' party songs.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2012, 10:22 PM
We've been down this road before. It's not. "encouragement of terrorism" is defined as :

Clearly this doesn't apply to the plastic rebels' party songs.

I read that text earlier and if the IRA songs, sung by the Celtic fans, don't breach section 1 of the Terrorism Act 2006, then they should do.

I see no reason for the need to create seperate legislation to cover these songs when, in my opinion, the current legislation is perfectly adequate.

fatbloke
10-02-2012, 12:26 AM

i take it then that you are condoning the singing of the vile ****** that the **** barstewards sang.:rolleyes:

NOLA
10-02-2012, 12:27 AM

just there way of having a whip round for the jammy-tarts.

Pete
10-02-2012, 04:16 AM
I read that text earlier and if the IRA songs, sung by the Celtic fans, don't breach section 1 of the Terrorism Act 2006, then they should do.

I see no reason for the need to create seperate legislation to cover these songs when, in my opinion, the current legislation is perfectly adequate.

"Old" IRA, anti-treaty IRA, OIRA, PIRA, CIRA, RIRA.....:faint:

It could be argued that any of these organisations are the subject of that one line in that song. I agree that there needs to be legislation passed to outlaw singing about the IRA in any context. Not because it disgusts me personally but because there is no need to sing about this subject in a football match. It's in the past but it could be interpreted as offensive to those who have served in the British army or lost loved ones.

Politics in Ireland have moved on and it's time for fans on ALL sides to be punished....no legal loopholes. The PIRA have actually moved on further than those who still sing about the YCV, IRA, UDA etc at football.