PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen at ER

Dashing Bob S
08-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Big game for Hibs, who sit joint bottom on points with DAFC. (LTYF - I know.)

We'll miss McPake, and even, on Saturday's form, Hanlon, but a little reshuffle with Doherty centre-back, alongside Shaky or O'H, both 'playing for their Easter Road futures' as they say, with Francombe at RB, and the debut of Pitbull, should hopefully mean that we are more formidable league opponents than of late.

Chance to pull away from Pars and claw back a little on some of the sides above us.

Hoping for a 2-1 Hibs win and a 10,000 plus crowd, which would indicate that the recovery is slowly continuing.

Mikey_1875
08-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Agree this game is just as big as the dunfermline one was a few week ago! Will need the same support and fight from both players and fans in the next few weeks to insure we go clear and that all starts this Sat!

Craig_in_Prague
08-02-2012, 02:56 PM
For the 1st time in a very long time, at least we can look forward somewhat to the game!

Hibees07
08-02-2012, 03:32 PM
I believe Aberdeen have a number of injury concern's for Saturday (although I know it's common for Aberdeen to make these claims & end up with a full strength team) so hopefully that may level out our Central Defensive problems.

3 points is a must, nothing less will do. :pray:

HibbyAndy
08-02-2012, 03:33 PM
I believe Aberdeen have a number of injury concern's for Saturday (although I know it's common for Aberdeen to make these claims & end up with a full strength team) so hopefully that may level out our Central Defensive problems.

Chris Clark and Peter Pawlett oot with hammys and Osbourne oot tae i hink.

Hamish
08-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Think the Canadian lad, Nana Attakora is still on trial. 6ft 1 inch Centre Half.

Whether he would be signed and thrown in on Saturday is very doubtful though.

Hibees07
08-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Think the Canadian lad, Nana Attakora is still on trial. 6ft 1 inch Centre Half.

Whether he would be signed and thrown in on Saturday is very doubtful though.

Cannot see him playing, if he was any good surely we would have signed him by now. Unless he is a secret weapon. :gun:

R'Albin
08-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Chris Clark and Peter Pawlett oot with hammys and Osbourne oot tae i hink.

Off topic but anyone know how Isaac Osbourne has been for them?

CallumLaidlaw
08-02-2012, 04:42 PM

Must be doing alright as they just recently renewed his contract. SNN said today that he's out injured for up to a month tho

stokesmessiah
08-02-2012, 04:43 PM

Was starting to get some form but then picked up injuries..was in the Evening Express today telling fans he is going to better than ever upon his return, which aint this weekend.

DCI Gene Hunt
09-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Must-win for Hibs, there has been improvement of late which is giving me some optimism. Aberdeen aren't playing at all great at the moment so it is doable, however we need to go into this game confident but not cocky and really make an effort. No room for defensive slip-ups or wasted chances; come on lads you can do it. :pfgwa

Gene

bigwheel
09-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Aberdeen have only 1 defeat in 11.... So on a decent run

cabbageandribs1875
09-02-2012, 12:43 PM
the sheep are on not a bad run lately W4 D4 L2 last ten(league) games

basehibby
09-02-2012, 12:58 PM
This will be a crunch match indeed and it's a shame we have to go into it without McPake, Hanlon and Griffiths (and O'Connor???) - will the introduction of Claros be enough to offset this? I really hope so.

On the upside, Aberdeen have hardly been a free scoring side this season but then neither have we - even WITH O'Connor and Griffiths at our disposal! Really hope that the new faces and the inspiration that a cup win can bring will foster enough belief to push us over the line - we need the points, especially with the series of home fixtures the pars have got coming up!

Don Giovanni
09-02-2012, 04:15 PM
I see Paw Broon has picked up manager of the month for January.

I can't decide whether that is good or bad news.
Yes, the Sheep are on a good run (which is why he has won the award) but these accolades are often considered a 'poisoned chalice' with the winner going on to drop points in thier next game (here's hopin' eh?)

Perhaps one of the stattos can confirm or debunk that particular myth.

DCI Gene Hunt
10-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Might be on a half-decent run (hardly Earth shattering though. Manager of the month? Pfft :rolleyes:) but not playing brilliantly IMO... if we can keep our act together at the back that will be half the battle, not to lose any stupid goals. It's a must-win whatever the case though, and one goal would do it...

horseflesh
10-02-2012, 06:28 PM
alongside Shaky or O'H, both 'playing for their Easter Road futures'

I would say that ship has well and truly sailed!

Ultrabee1-0
10-02-2012, 06:36 PM
tomorrow we will win but not by much be a game like last week a good performance but need to put our necks on the line 2 clean sheets and 2 wins for the hibees would put the confidence sky hight!!

a think we realy need a win cause iv got a feeling dunfermline will get a sneeky we draw or possibly 3 points at the huns tomorrow.

c'mon hibs:flag::flag:

hfc rd
11-02-2012, 12:19 AM
We do have injuries but those are nothing compared to how many players are missing through injury for them. Really happy to see that Arnason is suspended for them. Without a doubt, he has been their best player this season and hopefully we can take advantage of their depleted squad.
GGTTH

tamig
11-02-2012, 11:37 AM
alongside Shaky or O'H, both 'playing for their Easter Road futures'

I would say that ship has well and truly sailed!

Stephens is still a young guy. With the right dominant CH alongside him I think he'll come on a bundle. A good prospect who has real pace.

Stevo1875
11-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Stephens is still a young guy. With the right dominant CH alongside him I think he'll come on a bundle. A good prospect who has real pace.

Don't disagree but how many of these players can we have in the squad? I'd happily see him replaced. McPake out and all we have are players that need a McPake beside them to perform. Will be interesting to see Doherty at CB, but it seems he is most comfortable FB.

GGTTH :flag:

Sas_The_Hibby
11-02-2012, 12:03 PM

Personally I'd settle for two points today. :wink:

tamig
11-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Don't disagree but how many of these players can we have in the squad? I'd happily see him replaced. McPake out and all we have are players that need a McPake beside them to perform. Will be interesting to see Doherty at CB, but it seems he is most comfortable FB.

GGTTH :flag:

i think Doherty and Stephens could be a good pairing. I do think DS has potential and think it would be rash to get rid of him. I think the value of having players like him in the squad has been highlighted by the suspension issues we have today. Would you rather SOH came back?

cabbageandribs1875
i notice that diving cheat pawlett is injured

Sas_The_Hibby
I see Paw Broon has picked up manager of the month for January.

I can't decide whether that is good or bad news.
Yes, the Sheep are on a good run (which is why he has won the award) but these accolades are often considered a 'poisoned chalice' with the winner going on to drop points in thier next game (here's hopin' eh?)

Perhaps one of the stattos can confirm or debunk that particular myth.

The 'poisoned chalice' phenomenom actually has a rational theory behind it. Basically, it runs like this; a team or individual who gets an award has, by definition, performed better than would normally have been expected, therefore it has been given during an 'untypical' run of success. Therefore, it is only to be expected that the team / individual will soon return to their expected level of performance, appearing to have been cursed by receiving the award.

Does this mean we will win today? YES / NO / DON'T KNOW [delete as applicable]

Don Giovanni
11-02-2012, 12:22 PM
The 'poisoned chalice' phenomenom actually has a rational theory behind it. Basically, it runs like this; a team or individual who gets an award has, by definition, performed better than would normally have been expected, therefore it has been given during an 'untypical' run of success. Therefore, it is only to be expected that the team / individual will soon return to their expected level of performance, appearing to have been cursed by receiving the award.

Does this mean we will win today? YES / NO / DON'T KNOW [delete as applicable]

:thumbsup:

That'll do for me. Home win!

Stevo1875
11-02-2012, 12:35 PM
i think Doherty and Stephens could be a good pairing. I do think DS has potential and think it would be rash to get rid of him. I think the value of having players like him in the squad has been highlighted by the suspension issues we have today. Would you rather SOH came back?

Ha! Aye, I'd be punting SOH first like!!! :agree: