PDA

View Full Version : Derby tickets from Hearts

JimBHibees
08-02-2012, 08:59 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120208/tynecastle-derby-tickets-_2262950_2603716

Wonder how well this will work out.

Judas Iscariot
08-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Was just about to post the same...

Tit for tat?

£36.95 for the PBS..

No ta :jamboak:

Twa Cairpets
08-02-2012, 09:08 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120208/tynecastle-derby-tickets-_2262950_2603716

Tit for tat.

Pain in the erky, but we cant complain really as it was the same for them. I do object (as did yams) to sending my CC details through the post to these corrupt knuckledraggers as they are MUCH less reputable than we are.

Paisley Hibby
08-02-2012, 09:08 AM

While we were well justified in what we did for the New Year derby, you couldn't expect the Yams to respond in any other way. However, they'll no be getting any money off me :greengrin

Steve-O
08-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Money will disappear, tickets will never appear.

Good luck folks! :rolleyes:

Hibs7
08-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Just boycott the place, if will hurt them more than us, and I can just hear them whining already.

JimBHibees
Tit for tat.

Pain in the erky, but we cant complain really as it was the same for them. I do object (as did yams) to sending my CC details through the post to these corrupt knuckledraggers as they are MUCH less reputable than we are.

Would only consider paying by cheque I think.

Just checked form looks like only CC payments. Not sure about that.

Mikey
I'd rather pay Hibs 20 quid to watch it in BTG.

Judas Iscariot
08-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Mass boycott?

Let's write an open letter to our support...

Cocaine&Caviar
08-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Student Tickets???

southfieldhibby
08-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Was just about to post the same...

Tit for tat?

£36.95 for the PBS..

No ta :jamboak:

Money will disappear, tickets will never appear.

Good luck folks! :rolleyes:

Mass boycott?

Let's write an open letter to our support...

some jambo-esque posts here.

They'll only take the agreed sum out of your account, you can split the postage with mates who also apply and the tickets will appear.

Go or don't go.It's the best away day of the season.

Cocaine&Caviar
08-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Student Tickets???

Nevermind, yes, £17 and £19

sundo1875
08-02-2012, 09:26 AM

They'll only take the agreed sum out of your account, you can split the postage with mates who also apply and the tickets will appear.

It's the best away day of the season until we do our usual and let in an early goal

SouthMoroccoStu
08-02-2012, 09:28 AM
What a petty lot they really are!

We had genuine (and justified) concerns that they would not pay what was owed to us. Plenty of other clubs have experienced this situation involving Hearts.

Now they question our credibility?!

The nerve of it.

I, for one, will not be attending.

frazeHFC
08-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Inconvenience. Yes. Rip-off. Yes. Boycot. No way. :bye:

Can't wait for this. :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
08-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Jambo-esque? Where?

My "open letter" post was firmly tongue in cheek..

Best away day? Since when like? 1-0 Deeko pen about 4 year ago was last time it was any good!!

frazeHFC
08-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Nevermind, yes, £17 and £19

Is that student or under 18 though?

HibeeMassive
08-02-2012, 09:37 AM
I won't be boycotting, never missed a derby in over 10 years and not intending to start now.

The last time the Mad one upped the prices to £33 (I think it was) plus an admin charge, I paid it and we gubbed them with only 1500 or so Hibbys there - and it was magic :thumbsup:

:pfgwa

Hibs7
08-02-2012, 09:52 AM
A boycott would put a dent in their already wobbly finances, a great way to help them into oblivion. Plus a big slap in the face to the mad one.

Keith_M
08-02-2012, 09:56 AM
I can see no good reason why they'd want to do this. All they've done is make it more expensive for Hibs supporters to attend the game.

What Hibs did at the last derby was surely necessary, because there was no guarantee Hibs would get the money back from them. I can't see how anybody could argue they would worry about being paid in time by Hibs.

They really need the money and I can see this backfiring on them by poor away ticket sales.

Kato
08-02-2012, 09:58 AM
What Hibs did at the last derby was surely necessary, because there was no guarantee Hibs would get the money back from them. I can't see how anybody could argue they would worry about being paid in time by Hibs.

I thought Hibs and Celtic has decided to sell the tickets direct on advice from someone at Hearts?

Baldy
08-02-2012, 10:02 AM
the student prices are the ones with FTE on the form

GreenCastle
08-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Ticketing prices in the SPL are a total rip off.

Paying 36 pounds total to watch two average teams is just not on. I also think the prices we charge other teams is way over the top and that's just not a reaction to what the yams have done here as they had to pay similar to come to ER recently.

Fans are getting fleeced and it has to change.

Regarding a boycott - yes it would hurt the yams and make a statement about prices but on the flip side - what about Hibs - do the players/club not need our support in this tough time when we are bottom of the league - but then is it value for money - vicious circle :rolleyes:

The chances are the yams will be in a real mess come summer - but so could we if we do down!!

The only thing I'm surprised about is the yams aren't asking for cash in the post so Vlad can just put it in his back pocket.

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2012, 10:15 AM
The situation here is new. If you go to this game then you are in reality supporting Hearts.

Do you really want to be a "Hearts Supporter"?

:jamboak:

lucky
08-02-2012, 10:18 AM
How can you get more than 1 ticket sent out? It's not very clear. Stop all this p1ss of a boycott. Hibs need the support and points

mickki40
08-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Hope it's on telly. I am going to sit in the Murrayfield bar watching it and get pissed on the over extortionate ticket prices. This will now become the norm for fans eventually. And it's fans who are inviting it to happen. I hope it falls flat on its face and Hearts football club dies.

Makaveli
08-02-2012, 10:45 AM
The way I'm reading it is that you can choose Special Delivery if you want it.

Hibs ticketing info:
"All tickets will be posted either by Special Delivery (£5.95) or Royal Mail First Class."

Hearts PDF:
"Please send my order via Special Delivery for a cost of £5.95 (This service is our only method of tracking tickets should they go missing in the post). Please tick" - the option to tick suggests an alternative.

-

So for the lower tier I'm looking at £28.50 + 1/2 of whatever the 1st class postage is (buying two together). I paid more at Tynecastle in 2007, that for the lower tier as well. Boycott my arse.

No word on how much 1st class postage costs. I doubt it would be included in the admin fee, so maybe an SAE? Once this is clarified and full payment is made it's their responsibility that the tickets arrive; if they go missing in the post, them hiding behind "you had the choice of Special Delivery" won't fly in the real world with its legal precedents and whatnot.

NYHibby
08-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Where are people getting £36 from?

£27 or £29 for a ticket plus £1.50 is £28.5 to £30.5. Special delivery is optional.

silverhibee
08-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Neither wonder Scottish football is in such a mess, the price's to go and watch football in the SPL are an absolute joke for what is on show nowadays, for me and my son it will be £75 to watch a game in the SPL, yes i know its the Derby and me and my son will be there as we can afford it, but how many people cant afford to pay that kind of money to watch a game of football in the SPL.

I do think a lot of Hibs fans who would normally go to away Derbies may give this one a miss this time round though, a lot of people will be wary about handing over there credit card details to the yams and i wouldn't blame them for being a bit worried about doing this, you just never know with that mob and what they will do to get money by any means possible, the price for tickets will also put people/families of going to this game, and no doubt it will be shown live on SKY or ESPN at some stupid time.

Time for a reality check from the SPL clubs regarding the prices of tickets to watch a piss poor SPL.

Malthibby
08-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Boycott.I'm not giving Vlad a penny.
GG

Cabbage East
08-02-2012, 10:48 AM
I'll be going, this shambles isn't enough to put me off. I'm concerned about giving them my card details though. I understand the reasons that they don't want us at the ticket office in person but I'm fairly sure Hibs allowed some of that lot to collect at ER last time?

hibbymac
08-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Where are people getting £36 from?

£27 or £29 for a ticket plus £1.50 is £28.5 to £30.5. Special delivery is optional.

:agree: We charged them £28 + £6 delivery, no options, £34 total.

IFONLY
08-02-2012, 10:50 AM
The situation here is new. If you go to this game then you are in reality supporting Hearts.

Dont think so!!!!!!!!

bawheid
08-02-2012, 10:54 AM
This is Hibs fault anyway. They should have just done things the way they were always done. If Hearts hadn't coughed up the cash for ER, take them to court. They would have got it eventually.

It was asking for tit for tat from that mob.

On the face of it the Hearts deal is better, since recorded delivery is only optional.

Andy74
08-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Dont think so!!!!!!!!

Going to any away game you are supporting the other team financially. It's around £30 of your money that would be getting handed over to Hearts.

Hearts need it all just now to keep them going week to week. It is tempting to tactically withdraw that!

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Dont think so!!!!!!!!

Think so, Hearts are desperate for the cash, you give them your cash then you've helped support them.

They'll get hee haw from me and I'll be smug in the knowledge that I've done my little bit towards their impending doom. Feels good.

Steve20
08-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Think so, Hearts are desperate for the cash, you give them your cash then you've helped support them.

They'll get hee haw from me and I'll be smug in the knowledge that I've done my little bit towards their impending doom. Feels good.

I'm sure the Hibs players would rather have a full Hibs support there when they run out.

Peevemor
08-02-2012, 11:05 AM
This is Hibs fault anyway. They should have just done things the way they were always done. If Hearts hadn't coughed up the cash for ER, take them to court. They would have got it eventually.

I 'd imaging Hibs cashflow is iffy enough at the moment without having to cope with that. I think it was the right thing to do.

On the face of it the Hearts deal is better, since recorded delivery is only optional.

Not simply tit-for-tat but a real lifeline for the merricks. They need the cash now, even if it's in dribs and drabs, as opposed to waiting for a lump sum after the game is played.

IFONLY
08-02-2012, 11:05 AM

So Hibs fans should stop supporting the team at away games then, is that what your saying?

JIm
08-02-2012, 11:06 AM

Would it feel good never getting the opportunity to play the moron mob ever again? Not for me! Besides ill happy pay the money to go support my team :na na:

hibbymac
08-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I 'd imaging Hibs cashflow is iffy enough at the moment without having to cope with that. I think it was the right thing to do.

Not simply tit-for-tat but a real lifeline for the merricks. They need the cash now, even if it's in dribs and drabs, as opposed to waiting for a lump sum after the game is played.

:confused: So, do they do this for all away supporters ?

Pretty Boy
08-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I'll be going.

It doesn't matter where you actually buy the ticket from the ticket money still ends up at Hearts.

We don't win at Tynecastle very often so there's no way I'll be missing out on the chance to see it happen if i can help it.

Andy74
08-02-2012, 11:11 AM

I think it was right that we safeguarded the cash. At the time it was clear that Hearts wer retaining all cash for their needs and not handing it out to the real owners or suppliers.

Hibs said at the last forum that they had spent a great deal of time following the last few games chasing Hearts for money. That is also an admin cost.

Them doing it back is inevitible but doesn't mean the intial decision was not the best one for us.

Hibs also said that they had run into all sorts of problems with not using recorded delivery in the past that also created cost and time issues.

silverhibee
08-02-2012, 11:15 AM

Could Hibs not just pay upfront for say 2000 tickets and if they sell out that amount buy another batch from the yams and once again pay the money upfront and that way they could sell them through the Hibs ticket office.

Andy74
08-02-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm sure the Hibs players would rather have a full Hibs support there when they run out.

Ill bet they'd be even happier if it was the last time they had to run out there! :greengrin

Peevemor
08-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Could Hibs not just pay upfront for say 2000 tickets and if they sell out that amount buy another batch from the yams and once again pay the money upfront and that way they could sell them through the Hibs ticket office.

Why should Hibs fund their cash flow?

bawheid
08-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Hibs said at the last forum that they had spent a great deal of time following the last few games chasing Hearts for money.

Fair enough, I didn't realise that.

In that case, what the **** are the SPL doing? The way Hearts behave towards their customers, employees and suppliers is nothing short of shocking - in fact, illegal.

Proper sanctions should be imposed on them to make sure they are brought into line. If they are unable to conduct their business with some dignity, they should be thrown out of the division. Bring both Ross County and Falkirk up next year.

Hibernia Na Eir
08-02-2012, 11:39 AM
my hard earned cash to that lot of crims???

nah. Your alright!

.Sean.
08-02-2012, 11:45 AM
How safe's it really gonna be giving Hearts your card details!?

muzzhfc
08-02-2012, 11:51 AM
just kinda throwing this out there, why not go along (wait for it) in vast numbers and cheer on Hibs. then after or before the game write a very angry worded letter to whoever crying about how we only support our team if we can get tickets directly from our club or pay at the gate and how us having to do this is ridiculous and that if we are buying tickets at tin castle then we arent supporting Hibs (WTF) but supporting the yams as they will keep all the money for themselves

frazeHFC
08-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Dont think so!!!!!!!!

I agree :agree:

I would never say giving them £30 is supporting them. We support Hibs, giving them some money helps them but in no way is it like you are supporting them.

Dunbar Hibee
08-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Be petty and boycott the game or go and get behind the team in what is our biggest and probably hardest fixture? Not really a hard decision to be honest.

AJHibby
08-02-2012, 12:01 PM
It's beyond me how anyone, who can afford to go, would not want to be at this game.

People saying they don't want to help fund Hearts' debt, £30 is such a tiny margin of that that it would make almost no dent on it at all. I'll happily pay 0.000001% of their debt to go and support Hibs. Anyone not going for that reason is incredibly petty and very yammish.

frazeHFC
08-02-2012, 12:03 PM
To be honest i have very little hope of us getting any result, but £30 is worth it for the atmosphere alone.

Caversham Green
08-02-2012, 12:06 PM
I reckon this was probably agreed between the clubs at the time the ER tickets went on sale last time. That was at Hearts' request because they were not in a position to pay any money collected to Hibs - there were much higher priorities at the time.

Bearing in mind that the administration of selling tickets to individuals is far greater than sending a batch to the away team (hence the OF wanting to charge a 5% fee) it wouldn't surprise me if Hibs insisted on this as part of the ER ticket deal.

green&left
08-02-2012, 12:16 PM
For all its not ideal talks of boycotts are absulute nonsense. Laughable infact.

We've had people "boycott" for matches being all ticket, matches on TV, now because we need to send an application form away. Anytime a bit effort is involved in seeing Hibs (particular with away matches) fans ain't interested, can't be bothered with the effort. Ram your boycotts and get yourself to the game!!

Be interesting to hear why both teams are now insisting on this..?

Dashing Bob S
08-02-2012, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't consider boycotting the game. Hibs v Hearts anytime, anywhere, is the fixture that means more to me than any other in the world. I've attended when we've been ascendant, when they have, when both teams have been Tom Kite, and, even occasionally, when both are decent. I wouldn't want to miss it for anything in the world.

And I don't buy the silly argument about 'not lining their coffers' - as long as there are home and away fixtures, all support is ultimately reciprocated.

Furthermore, I don't believe that us withholding some money is going to completely wreck them, they've been doing that to themselves for years. It's tempting, but ultimately a conceit, to suggest that we could be the killer nail in the coffin when Vlad's been hammering them in every chance he gets.

No, the issue for me is a complete lack of trust in that organization in terms of believing that I will actually receive those tickets, to credit card fraud to having junk mail for various Easter European scams coming through my letter box for the next decade.

This is nothing to do with football rivalry, or denigrating the people who support Hearts - just a cold recognition that the club shown nothing but contempt for it's creditors, including its own players. Hibs fans will be so far down their list of priorities that it doesn't bear thinking about the potential disaster. I certainly wouldn't put it past them to rip us off as a strategy, with Vlad doing his paranoid victim act when eventually a disinterested SPL is finally provoked into taking some kind of action.

So the only thing that would stop me attending a derby is having anything to do with the current Hearts administration.

Perhaps Edinburgh Council, who commissioned an expensive report to tell us that Hearts are a 'well-run club', might therefore be willing act as guarantors to Hibernian fans who part with their money and card details to this reputable business?

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2012, 12:51 PM
So Hibs fans should stop supporting the team at away games then, is that what your saying?

No, only at Tincastle and only while the peasants don't have 2 pennies to rub together. I'm sure our players will understand.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Posties will be in there element that week :hmmm:

StevieC
08-02-2012, 01:25 PM

They're £40m in debt, no cash, and needing £800k a month for wages .. I really dont think the £50k they'll miss out on from a proposed boycott is going to tip them over the edge anytime soon.

:rolleyes:

frazeHFC
08-02-2012, 01:26 PM
I would much rather have 3500 Hibees there getting behind the team than 1000 cos the rest are boycotting. Get yourselves to the game!

StevieC
08-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Having now viewed the online order form ... I'm having second thoughts about this one.

Apart from it looking like you will get hit with £5.95 postage and £1.50 per ticket (which I could just about live with) they expect you to send credit card details on the same form as your name, address, email and date of birth!!

If ever there was a guilt edged opportunity for identity theft and credit card fraud then this application form is up there.

I'll hang off and see if there's alternatives but, as it stands, there's currently alarm bells ringing.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Having now viewed the online order form ... I'm having second thoughts about this one.

Apart from it looking like you will get hit with £5.95 postage and £1.50 per ticket (which I could just about live with) they expect you to send credit card details on the same form as your name, address, email and date of birth!!

If ever there was a guilt edged opportunity for identity theft and credit card fraud then this application form is up there.

I'll hang off and see if there's alternatives but, as it stands, there's currently alarm bells ringing.

Stevie that was the clincher for me mate, Absolute nae danger are they fraudsters getting my bank details etc..

silverhibee
08-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Posties will be in there element that week :hmmm:

My cousin who works in the PO said the same thing Andy, more along the lines that the Poles will make a few bob that week.

Any truth in that mate.

JennaFletcher
08-02-2012, 03:21 PM
This is f'ing crazy, are they out of their minds? (Rhetorical question)

Anyone with an IQ higher than a glass of water knows that it's completely unsafe to send OR email any personal details - your name, address, email, card details etc... that is just ludicrous.

I would love to go and the cost doesn't put me off but this process is just really stupid and I'd rather watch it on TV if it meant I didn't run the chance of identity and/or card fraud!

Thoroughly disappointed by this!

At The Edge
08-02-2012, 03:29 PM
My cousin who works in the PO said the same thing Andy, more along the lines that the Poles will make a few bob that week.

Any truth in that mate.

hold on abit here, you're pretty much accusing the all the polish folk who work for Royal Mail as tea leafs! thats a bit strong, your 'white scottish postie' is equally likely to steal if they so desire, as is the asian, black, chinese, gay, lesbian etc etc postie
:wink:
no denying that stuff has went missing in the past, but on the whole us posties are an honest bunch.

just like all jobs, the small minority make the whole workforce look bad, i'm sure there are decent bankers out there.......:wink:

HH81
08-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Why don't they set up an email address and you then just email the form to them? Seems safer to me.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Stevie that was the clincher for me mate, Absolute nae danger are they fraudsters getting my bank details etc..

:agree: And for me, no way am I doing that!

Sodje_18
08-02-2012, 03:55 PM
No chance I'm paying that much to watch 2 very average teams.

Boycott for me :bye:

EDIT - Also there is absolute no way they barstewards are getting any access to my bank account

Pretty Boy
08-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I can understand people objections to sending bank details in the post and the potential for problems there.

However are people seriously suggesting they think Hearts are going to in some way defraud them when getting a hold of your details?

Seriously it would be the worst thought out crime ever if a couple of thousand Hibs fans all had money go missing in the space of a few weeks.

Bit logical thinking needed I think.

.Sean.
08-02-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm genuinely not bothered at the cost - Doesn't make a difference to me. What I am uneasy about is dishing out my personal details AND banking information to shady Eastern European con artists.

greenlex
08-02-2012, 04:04 PM
I can understand people objections to sending bank details in the post and the potential for problems there.

However are people seriously suggesting they think Hearts are going to in some way defraud them when getting a hold of your details?

Seriously it would be the worst thought out crime ever if a couple of thousand Hibs fans all had money go missing in the space of a few weeks.

Very probably not but nothing about that club is logical in any case. I wont be going but its more to do with me not being able to behave myself than ticket distribution or the possibility of fraud.

The Modfather
08-02-2012, 04:05 PM
If we were to draw them at home in the next round of the cup, would we be boycotting that as well, what with the the splitting of gate receipts?

I thought we supported Hibs, some folk take an unhealthy interest in the pub team. Go and watch Hibs, let whatever happens across the city, happen.

Hibs07p
08-02-2012, 04:10 PM

Aye, but it's ****ing idiots that thought up this sca..., er process.

PaulSmith
08-02-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm genuinely not bothered at the cost - Doesn't make a difference to me. What I am uneasy about is dishing out my personal details AND banking information to shady Eastern European con artists.

Sean, seriously there is no justification at all for thinking that some shady Russian bloke will come across and take you CC details. They'll be handled by nice wee Scottish lassies in an office like any other application.

And if you do ever get done via fraud then you're covered via you bank.

N.Wales Hibby
08-02-2012, 04:22 PM

It might not happen in the space of a few weeks, it could happen years later. I am not saying Hearts have any intention of defrauding anyone but to have your details lying about in some office for anyone to see is in my mind frightening. Why do they not use something like Paypal. I am sure folk on Hibs net who work in the banking sector would advice against giving out your bank details never mind giving out your address,telephone number and date of birth.

Pretty Boy
08-02-2012, 04:28 PM
It might not happen in the space of a few weeks, it could happen years later. I am not saying Hearts have any intention of defrauding anyone but to have your details lying about in some office for anyone to see is in my mind frightening. Why do they not use something like Paypal. I am sure folk on Hibs net who work in the banking sector would advice against giving out your bank details never mind giving out your address,telephone number and date of birth.

People give out their personal details to companies all the time knowing they will be stored on file for years.

I don't see why Hearts are any different. They've probably have their own.season ticket holders details for years and I'm not aware of any mass fraud, brain washing maybe but not fraud

The_Todd
08-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Let's be frank, HMFC need the money upfront right away without waiting for Hibs to transfer the cash to them. Not that HMFC would need to wait long for HFC, but HMFC need the cash and they need it yesterday.

Also, we can't complain. Hearts fans went through the same to come to Easter Road so there's no point in any Hibs fans griping about it especially if they were crowing about the new Hibs method.

The_Todd
08-02-2012, 04:39 PM
As an aside, both HFC and HMFC use Ticketmaster eTicketing. I don't understand why either club would need to resort to postal applications with the dodgy practice of sending card details in the post when surely Ticketmaster could come up with a much more secure option? Surely? Am I missing something? Ticketmaster would already have the details of our ST holders and Club Members so I don't get why this route isn't used.

Both HFC and HMFC need to sort this nonsense right out.

JimBHibees
08-02-2012, 04:42 PM

Maybe so however all it would take would be one bad apple to share or sell the information. Seems very poorly thoughout why are you not allowed to pay by cheque for example.

Pretty Boy
08-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Maybe so however all it would take would be one bad apple to share or sell the information. Seems very poorly thoughout why are you not allowed to pay by cheque for example.

I can't think of many businesses that still accept cheque as a method of payment. Since the banks stopped guaranteeing them most companies have started to phase them out.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2012, 04:53 PM

Any truth in that mate.

Unfortunately there is plenty truth in this mate.:agree:

green&left
08-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Hertz have been dealing with Rangers and Celtic fans for seasons now. I'm sure if they were selling on bank details to Eastern European fraudsters we'd have heard about it by now.

But if using that excuse makes you feel better about not attending because you can't be bothered, think we'll get humped etc batter in :cb

greenlex
08-02-2012, 05:23 PM
If we were to draw them at home in the next round of the cup, would we be boycotting that as well, what with the the splitting of gate receipts?

I thought we supported Hibs, some folk take an unhealthy interest in the pub team. Go and watch Hibs, let whatever happens across the city, happen.
The next round is the semi final so cant be at home. :greengrin

bruno
08-02-2012, 05:23 PM

I had same misgivings applying for the derby at easter road. Rather than e mail form or post i popped in. They took all details in put on to their system then shredded the form. Now i know Hearts are perceived as not to be trusted etc and in some areas correctly so but realistically it is the ticket office with trained retail personnel. They will look on this in same manner as hibs ticket office staff who i commended at the time. Postage seemed extreme but i bought 3 tickets £2quid each and delivery next day. I would love to see a packed Tynecastle. Hopefully fans can distinguish between Romanov and the staff that run the club day to day ordinary honest folk like you and I.

StevieC
08-02-2012, 05:25 PM
And if you do ever get done via fraud then you're covered via you bank.

Possibly, assuming you weren't deemed as being "reckless" with your details.

However, also bear in mind the likelyhood of the inconvenience that would undoubtedly follow a fraud situation.

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that Hearts are using it as an opportunity to defraud supporters but, IMO, putting all those details onto one form and posting it is not far off being "reckless" with your personal details. A wayward postie, a careless office temp, failure to shred/destruct forms and you're in a bit of bother.

I want to go, and I'm willing to pay what it costs .. but put all that information onto a form and stick it in a letter box .. not likely.

Zondervan
08-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Possibly, assuming you weren't deemed as being "reckless" with your details.

However, also bear in mind the likelyhood of the inconvenience that would undoubtedly follow a fraud situation.

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that Hearts are using it as an opportunity to defraud supporters but, IMO, putting all those details onto one form and posting it is not far off being "reckless" with your personal details. A wayward postie, a careless office temp, failure to shred/destruct forms and you're in a bit of bother.

I want to go, and I'm willing to pay what it costs .. but put all that information onto a form and stick it in a letter box .. not likely.

Hibs set the precedent here Stevie. See link below:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/staticFiles/df/94/0,,10290~169183,00.pdf

Totally agree with you though, there must be better ways of processing payments, and it an't a good idea to put down ALL your details on one form.

NYHibby
08-02-2012, 05:29 PM
I had same misgivings applying for the derby at easter road. Rather than e mail form or post i popped in. They took all details in put on to their system then shredded the form. Now i know Hearts are perceived as not to be trusted etc and in some areas correctly so but realistically it is the ticket office with trained retail personnel. They will look on this in same manner as hibs ticket office staff who i commended at the time. Postage seemed extreme but i bought 3 tickets £2quid each and delivery next day. I would love to see a packed Tynecastle. Hopefully fans can distinguish between Romanov and the staff that run the club day to day ordinary honest folk like you and I.

Honestly, this is the most reasonable post in this thread.

Hibs07p
08-02-2012, 05:32 PM

Bargain. :greengrin

StevieC
08-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Hibs set the precedent here Stevie. See link below:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/staticFiles/df/94/0,,10290~169183,00.pdf

Totally agree with you though, there must be better ways of processing payments, and it an't a good idea to put down ALL your details on one form.

First time I've seen that .. no wonder the Hearts fans were up in arms about it.

Any idea if we relaxed the requirement for all the details or offered an alternative payment method?

Zondervan
08-02-2012, 05:41 PM
First time I've seen that .. no wonder the Hearts fans were up in arms about it.

Any idea if we relaxed the requirement for all the details or offered an alternative payment method?

No idea mate - it was a Hearts fan I work beside who mentioned that they also had to supply all the details, inlcuding the security code from the back of the card. Not that I doubted him (:wink:) but I done a search of the Hibs website and found this in the news archive.

Regardless of what team you support, WTF are the clubs and the SPL thinking about allowing payments to be facilitated in this way?

whiskyhibby
08-02-2012, 05:43 PM

A straight NO will be the answer to that one and with the tickets priced as they are I certainly wont be going HoMoFC GTF

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

StevieC
08-02-2012, 05:50 PM
I can't think of many businesses that still accept cheque as a method of payment. Since the banks stopped guaranteeing them most companies have started to phase them out.

Nonesense.

At least 90% of my income is by cheque.

Many small businesses, electricians, plumbers, gardeners, window cleaners, etc. will deal mostly with cheques (or cash). Shops etc. will have the facility for debit card payments but you try giving your debit card to the plumber that's just fixed your leaking shower and I'd like to see how you get on.

The reason why the banks had to back-track on phasing out cheques was because so many small businesses still used them. The whole country doesn't revolve around big businesses with their BACS and SWITCH/Credit/Debit Card facilities, there's plenty of us "little men" helping the cogs of industry to keep turning.

Anyway .. rant over .. I'm still not sticking my personal details on a sheet of paper and sticking it in the post box.

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2012, 05:52 PM
They're £40m in debt, no cash, and needing £800k a month for wages .. I really dont think the £50k they'll miss out on from a proposed boycott is going to tip them over the edge anytime soon.

:rolleyes:
Nobody is proposing a boycott. My personal choice not to hand over any of my cash to that manky mob. You do what you like but I'll not put any dosh in THEIR collection tin.

QMU-1875
08-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Personally i would much rather see the away end filled with hibees than have a boycott, will find it embarrising actually if we dont fill the away end when they had to go through the exact same to get tickets for the derby.
Il be there regardless, genuinely feel we have a great chance of beating that mob with all the new signings! :flag:

EasterRoad4Ever
08-02-2012, 06:04 PM

I wouldn't part with any money until the last minute, as you may end up joining the long list of unsecured creditors when they go belly-up. Mibbee we should just pay their players directly and miss out the middle Vlad :wink:

Ship Hibs
08-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Could Hibs not just bulk buy a large amount of tickets that we would be assured of selling say 1,500 then mark up the price by a couple of quid and sell them from our ticket office. Saves a lot of messing about with forms and postage costs etc?

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Could Hibs not just bulk buy a large amount of tickets that we would be assured of selling say 1,500 then mark up the price by a couple of quid and sell them from our ticket office. Saves a lot of messing about with forms and postage costs etc?
Is that not touting?

Ship Hibs
08-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Is that not touting?

more or less but I'm sure they'd call it a booking fee! :wink:

EasterRoad4Ever
08-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Personally i would much rather see the away end filled with hibees than have a boycott, will find it embarrising actually if we dont fill the away end when they had to go through the exact same to get tickets for the derby.
Il be there regardless, genuinely feel we have a great chance of beating that mob with all the new signings! :flag:

Let's be absolutely clear. The Yams would never had sold out their ER stand had their performances not picked up, and Fenlon not had such a poor start. They only talked about a boycott when there was a real fear they would get turned over by a rejuvinated Fenlon Hibs side.

For a laugh, I think Hibs should underwrite any money paid by Hibs fans to the Yams - a "money back guarantee should the Yams go bust" offer. Hibs fans could then buy their ticket with some confidence, and it would drive the Yams mental - A win-win situation.

SouthEnglandHib
08-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I'll still be up there, pissed me right off this application poo though.
I'll have to email it as i dont trust sending it from Stevenage, never bought/applied for tickets in this manor before, it'll be an experience.

Prices arent too bad, well i dont think they are, may be because im using to paying prices like that, costing me £19 for the ticket, but ive been to worse grounds/teams and paid more.

Would be eaiser if Hibs could sell them though, or even if we could pay on our for people like me making the 10 hour journey up.

then again, me and my mate are probably be the only one from London going!

GGTTH

skipster7
08-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Unfortunately there is plenty truth in this mate.:agree:
nothing could be further from the truth im my work andy,where are you based out of interest ?

Hibs07p
08-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Let's be absolutely clear. The Yams would never had sold out their ER stand had their performances not picked up, and Fenlon not had such a poor start. They only talked about a boycott when there was a real fear they would get turned over by a rejuvinated Fenlon Hibs side.

For a laugh, I think Hibs should underwrite any money paid by Hibs fans to the Yams - a "money back guarantee should the Yams go bust" offer. Hibs fans could then buy their ticket with some confidence, and it would drive the Yams mental - A win-win situation.

The simplest solution would be for the "downloaded forms" to be processed by Hibs through our ticket office. They could take our payment details and apply for the tickets on our behalf, they will have our details on file anyway. Hibs, could absorb the administration cost to ensure a good Hibs turnout. Win win IMO.

GGTTH

HibbyAndy
08-02-2012, 06:39 PM
nothing could be further from the truth im my work andy,where are you based out of interest ?

Just kidding.

All legit at my work place.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 07:04 PM

:hnetinq:

Most stupid post of the day well done......By any Hibs fan wanting to support the team in one of the biggest games on the calendar, makes them in your eyes a yam......

Can't quite get my head around your post, or whether it was tongue in cheek??

Billy Whizz
08-02-2012, 07:11 PM

Most stupid post of the day well done......By any Hibs fan wanting to support the team in one of the biggest games on the calendar, makes them in your eyes a yam......

I'll be there, but supporting HIBS

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 07:12 PM
I'll be there, but supporting HIBS

Snap Billy, does that make us yams though???:confused::rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
08-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Snap Billy, does that make us yams though???:confused::rolleyes:

Not at all. Hearts have always got the money when we've played at Tynie.
Watching tonight's match we may be able to get as many 3 stands for the Derby as it looks like lots of Hearts supporters have left early😥

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Not at all. Hearts have always got the money when we've played at Tynie.
Watching tonight's match we may be able to get as many 3 stands for the Derby as it looks like lots of Hearts supporters have left early

HAHA glad they are getting pumped....... We can hopefully give them another lesson on March 18.....Just read the Sauzee book, where the millenium derby and the 6-2 games were mentioned, great memories.....:greengrin

silverhibee
08-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Just kidding.

All legit at my work place.

:tee hee:

EasterRoad4Ever
08-02-2012, 07:32 PM

Sold off to India for £10 a pop = £35k to Vlads back pocket = easy money.

Billy Whizz
08-02-2012, 07:34 PM
HAHA glad they are getting pumped....... We can hopefully give them another lesson on March 18.....Just read the Sauzee book, where the millenium derby and the 6-2 games were mentioned, great memories.....:greengrin

I was on the back row in the millennium derby. Was the coldest night of the year but it soon warmed up.
My lasting memory of the 6-2 game was being being on the phone to my wife when Latapy scored the 6th, to make sure the video was recording the game!! N

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I was on the back row in the millennium derby. Was the coldest night of the year but it soon warmed up.
My lasting memory of the 6-2 game was being being on the phone to my wife when Latapy scored the 6th, to make sure the video was recording the game!! N

The goal by Sauzee with him and Hughes running to our end in millenium derby will stay with me forever....The 6-2 game could have been 9 or 10, we were absolutely magical that night......:greengrin

Pretty Boy
08-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Nonesense.

At least 90% of my income is by cheque.

Many small businesses, electricians, plumbers, gardeners, window cleaners, etc. will deal mostly with cheques (or cash). Shops etc. will have the facility for debit card payments but you try giving your debit card to the plumber that's just fixed your leaking shower and I'd like to see how you get on.

The reason why the banks had to back-track on phasing out cheques was because so many small businesses still used them. The whole country doesn't revolve around big businesses with their BACS and SWITCH/Credit/Debit Card facilities, there's plenty of us "little men" helping the cogs of industry to keep turning.

Anyway .. rant over .. I'm still not sticking my personal details on a sheet of paper and sticking it in the post box.

Sorry I phrased my post badly.

Most 'big' businesses no longer accept cheques. I understand small businessman do, I accept cheques myself for a small project I have 'on the aide'.

Nowadays I wouldnt expect Hearts or any other SPL clubs to still accept cheques.

HibbyAndy
08-02-2012, 07:40 PM
The goal by Sauzee with him and Hughes running to our end in millenium derby will stay with me forever....The 6-2 game could have been 9 or 10, we were absolutely magical that night......:greengrin

:agree:

Niemi stopped it being double figures that night.

FACT.

Billy Whizz
08-02-2012, 07:40 PM

Ooh for a team like that. Went into the derby games in this era knowing we were going to win

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 07:43 PM
:agree:

Niemi stopped it being double figures that night.

FACT.

He was on good form that night and still conceded 6.....That must be one of our most scintilating performances in our lifetime....

andy1875
08-02-2012, 07:57 PM
I love an away trip to Tynie as much as every other Hibby but I won't be paying £35. I believe Hearts fans had to pay something similar for the last derby at ER so shame on both clubs for ripping each other of.

Put simply £35 is taking the p and that's a real pity as there's now no danger we'll sell out IMO.

Cap future games at £25 and I'll be back. Till then......ram it.

Hermit Crab
08-02-2012, 07:58 PM
I'm no missing it anyway I will pay that, paid £33 a few seasons ago so what's another £3.85.

Billy Whizz
08-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I love an away trip to Tynie as much as every other Hibby but I won't be paying £35. I believe Hearts fans had to pay something similar for the last derby at ER so shame on both clubs for ripping each other of.

Put simply £35 is taking the p and that's a real pity as there's now no danger we'll sell out IMO.

Everyone to their own opinion and I respect that. I go to all the home games with a friend who will never set foot inside Tynecastle

Me, I can't imagine watching it on TV, I need to be there win, lose or draw, but that's what I do

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2012, 08:49 PM

Nope, didn't say that. I said you'll be supporting the yams financially. I've decided that I will not be giving them a penny of my hard earned cash and what you do is completely your own decision.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Nope, didn't say that. I said you'll be supporting the yams financially. I've decided that I will not be giving them a penny of my hard earned cash and what you do is completely your own decision.

You also said "Do you want to be a Hearts supporter"....

That is why I highlighted your post.....

Everyone is entitled to do as they please, Hearts are not holding a gun to our heads, if you want to go you will, if you dont want to go you wont, pretty simple really........

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2012, 09:10 PM
People give out their personal details to companies all the time knowing they will be stored on file for years.

I don't see why Hearts are any different. They've probably have their own.season ticket holders details for years and I'm not aware of any mass fraud, brain washing maybe but not fraud

:confused: Not CC details!................... SOX Compliance :wink:

woody47
08-02-2012, 09:13 PM
As much as I would pay the money, having not missed a derby for some time now, there is not a chance in h£ll wiil I put that much personal information on a form and stick it in the post. Too much fraud going about nowadays.
If this is the way forward for other clubs, I will have to just watch Hibs at home and stop attending away games.
It really is a sad state of affairs when clubs do not trust each other enough to pay their dues or is it just the yams?

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
As much as I would pay the money, having not missed a derby for some time now, there is not a chance in h£ll wiil I put that much personal information on a form and stick it in the post. Too much fraud going about nowadays.
If this is the way forward for other clubs, I will have to just watch Hibs at home and stop attending away games.
It really is a sad state of affairs when clubs do not trust each other enough to pay their dues or is it just the yams?

It was rumoured last month that this would happen, more of a tit for tat move....Not sure if Hearts do the same for the old firm, but Hibs did this for yams and I think Rangers also.....

Sir David Gray
08-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Unlike our situation for last month's game, Hearts have no good reason for implementing this procedure, other than to play some childish game of tit-for-tat.

I was of the understanding that Hibs were told by Hearts that they couldn't guarantee that we would receive all of the money that we were due for their ticket sales for the game at Easter Road, if they were left to handle sales to their own fans. I believe Celtic were told likewise for the recent Celtic v Hearts match at Parkhead.

If that's true then of course Hibs were going to take this course of action.

However, in this case, we have absolutely no record of paying people late and we have no serious debt issues either.

I have no doubt that they are playing a game here and apart from anything else, potentially charging people £36 to watch an SPL game is disgusting.

Ultrabee1-0
08-02-2012, 10:09 PM
shouldnt matter how much it cost cheering on the hibees and possibly beating the yams at there bus shelter is priceless!
:pfgwa:flag::flag:

Hibbylad86
09-02-2012, 08:55 AM
So got a couple questions about this, I am more than likely being stupid (which won't be a first :wink:) but I wonder if any kind hibs.netter out there can help...

1) Says at the bottom of the form you can email it too Hibssupport@homplc.co.uk. Thing is the form is PDF so you can't type on it?

2) I am a club member - says applications are open from the 27th Feb to 2nd March. So does that mean I post my 1st class application by post on say 25th Feb to get there for 27th?

Any help/support/guidance/advice out there would be greatly appreciated

HibeeEmma
09-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Everyone should try and fall into the student category and reduce them getting more revenue.

Hibs90
09-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Just reading over the road and Whoever craigybHoy is, fair play to you sir for this accurate and informative quote ya rug munching trumpet.

"David S made it clear that in actual fact, it was the vermin that needed the cash injection immediately and that was why they sold directly to Hearts fans."

:aok:

Edit: can't stop laughing. :faf:

green&left
09-02-2012, 09:47 AM

£27 + £1.50 booking = £28.50. Your not being forced to buy the most expensive tickets and special delivery.

Makaveli
09-02-2012, 09:55 AM
So got a couple questions about this, I am more than likely being stupid (which won't be a first :wink:) but I wonder if any kind hibs.netter out there can help...

1) Says at the bottom of the form you can email it too Hibssupport@homplc.co.uk. Thing is the form is PDF so you can't type on it?

2) I am a club member - says applications are open from the 27th Feb to 2nd March. So does that mean I post my 1st class application by post on say 25th Feb to get there for 27th?

There are a few ways you can do it without editing the PDF.

Most easily you could export the PDF to a word document, make the changes and e-mail that. Probably better to save it as a PDF again before doing so though.

Least efficiently... print it, write on it, scan it :greengrin

Makaveli
09-02-2012, 10:07 AM
There are a few ways you can do it without editing the PDF.

Most easily you could export the PDF to a word document, make the changes and e-mail that. Probably better to save it as a PDF again before doing so though.

Least efficiently... print it, write on it, scan it :greengrin

Scrap that, I'd just started annotating the cant and realised I'll need to print and scan since it needs signed.

andy1875
09-02-2012, 10:30 AM
£27 + £1.50 booking = £28.50. Your not being forced to buy the most expensive tickets and special delivery.

That is provided that you are happy for your ticket to be sent out by standard 1st class mail and seen as there is no pick up allowed, you'd be safe to assume most will pay £5.95 for special delivery.

That brings price up to £34.45. If my maths is right :greengrin

Shaggy
09-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I was looking forward to this, but fck the £5.95 extortion.
Mass complaints to the SPL and Hibs board please everyone:fuming:

enquiries@scotprem.com
board@hibernianfc.co.uk

Shaggy
09-02-2012, 10:43 AM
£29+1.50+5.95 = £36.45............

Am going to Man Utd v Ajax for £37 !! Well worth the 55p..

StevieC
09-02-2012, 10:56 AM
I tried emailing them with a couple of queries using the email address provided, and it just keeps getting returned as undeliverable.

:confused:

Basically asking if the £5.95 was compulsory, whether there was an alternative to posting such sensitive information and whether a cheque would be acceptable.

I'll maybe try the 0871 633 1874 (option 1, option 8) number later on if I get the chance.

Frazerbob
09-02-2012, 11:08 AM
That is provided that you are happy for your ticket to be sent out by standard 1st class mail and seen as there is no pick up allowed, you'd be safe to assume most will pay £5.95 for special delivery.

That brings price up to £34.45. If my maths is right :greengrin

The SFA have a similar system when buying Scotland tickets. I have for years opted for the standard mail option and never had any problems. How often have you had mail go missing in the past? It is VERY rare so worth the risk IMO.

Ken
09-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Not an ideal situation but it's definitely not going to put me off going.

Ticket - £27 (Lower section)
Admin Fee - £1.50
Sent by standard delivery

TOTAL - £28.50 (If the lower section is sold out then £30.50)

I'm only getting 2 tickets so opting for standard delivery, but if I was getting say 4 or more I would pay the special delivery charge as it would only work out an extra £1.50 per person. For what it's worth, Hearts had no option but to get their ticket from Hibs by special delivery:agree:

Bad thing about all this is that it will put too many fans off because a number of reasons (paying direct to Hearts, credit card information, fraud, too much hassle, additional admin fee, postage cost, no ticket collection, principal) so I can't see us selling more than 2,000.

Gatecrasher
09-02-2012, 11:41 AM
I enjoy my Derbys but i am of the opinion that both clubs are ripping off the fans, unless its through my ST i wont be paying £35 odds for a derby - No Chance. Both Hibs, Hearts and the SPL really need to look at this.

Ken
09-02-2012, 11:42 AM
I tried emailing them with a couple of queries using the email address provided, and it just keeps getting returned as undeliverable.

:confused:

Basically asking if the £5.95 was compulsory, whether there was an alternative to posting such sensitive information and whether a cheque would be acceptable.

I'll maybe try the 0871 633 1874 (option 1, option 8) number later on if I get the chance.

You tick the box if you want it sent by special delivery. If you leave it blank it will be sent by Standard.

MSK
09-02-2012, 11:53 AM
I'll still be up there, pissed me right off this application poo though.
I'll have to email it as i dont trust sending it from Stevenage, never bought/applied for tickets in this manor before, it'll be an experience.

Prices arent too bad, well i dont think they are, may be because im using to paying prices like that, costing me £19 for the ticket, but ive been to worse grounds/teams and paid more.

Would be eaiser if Hibs could sell them though, or even if we could pay on our for people like me making the 10 hour journey up.

then again, me and my mate are probably be the only one from London going!

GGTTHMmmmmm..be prepared for an eye opener ...do you like all things pink ..?....do you have any allergies ..ie ..dust ..dirt..dampness... mites...flea's ...?...are you up to date with your tetanus etc ..?..do bright lights scare you ..?...(oops edit that last bit)...:greengrin

If yes to any of those please seek advice before entering that stinking **** hole ....:aok:

ALF TUPPER
09-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Not suprised they are doing this.

Sorry PF, BB and the boys ............. I wont be going ..........................defo will not be giving that shower 1 penny.

Nope it aint gonnaaaaaaaaaaa happen . :cb

hibee
09-02-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm not really concerned about the price but there's no way I'm writing my credit card number AND security code on a bit of paper and sending it anywhere, this goes against every bit of security advice given out by banks, complete madness.

Baldy Foghorn
09-02-2012, 03:20 PM

1) I dont think the email address is working yet. Can you not save form as something else and then type your details in?

2) membership apllications will be dealt with on 27th Feb and thereafter, so as long as your form is with them before or on that day, and there are tickets left you will be fine.

The number on form to call lets you get through to their office. I went in Today and the girl was very helpful, the only downside is that the office is located in their club shop, like ours..... Hey ho:rolleyes:

Frazerbob
09-02-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm not really concerned about the price but there's no way I'm writing my credit card number AND security code on a bit of paper and sending it anywhere, this goes against every bit of security advice given out by banks, complete madness.

Every time you buy something over the phone or internet you are allowing people access to the same info. Flights, hotels, on-line bookies, Ebay, Amazon, Hibs tickets etc. It's an every day thing these days and there are strict regulations in place to protect the consumer. If there is any jiggery-pokery you bank/credit card company has an obligation to make it right. I run a hotel and I am in receipt of full credit card and contact details for customers several times a day however my business and every employee who handles card paymets must be trained and signed off on PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliance and we get regularly audited on this and to ensure we are Data Protection complient.

Of course, this is Hearts we are talking about..............................:wink:

Andy74
09-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Every time you buy something over the phone or internet you are allowing people access to the same info. Flights, hotels, on-line bookies, Ebay, Amazon, Hibs tickets etc. It's an every day thing these days and there are strict regulations in place to protect the consumer. If there is any jiggery-pokery you bank/credit card company has an obligation to make it right. I run a hotel and I am in receipt of full credit card and contact details for customers several times a day however my business and every employee who handles card paymets must be trained and signed off on PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliance and we get regularly audited on this and to ensure we are Data Protection complient.

Of course, this is Hearts we are talking about..............................:wink:

You generally deal direct with a company that you can pin something on if it is misused.

Writing that info on a bit of paper and sticking it in the post to be accessed by just about anyone and just about any number of times is not clever.

JennaFletcher
09-02-2012, 04:51 PM

For online bookings and purchases, they're safe. Esp if purchasing through PayPal. It is not safe AT ALL to send all your private details out in the post or email. I don't understand if this is the route they're going down, why can't we purchase online through PayPal or a secure page?? It's 2012, do anyone at HMFC have basic marketing skills? Appears not!

JennaFletcher
09-02-2012, 04:52 PM
You generally deal direct with a company that you can pin something on if it is misused.

Writing that info on a bit of paper and sticking it in the post to be accessed by just about anyone and just about any number of times is not clever.

Yup. It's basically like saying, here you go world. Any old sod have access to this. All the deetz are there, enjoy!

So stooooooopid!

bruno
09-02-2012, 04:54 PM
For online bookings and purchases, they're safe. Esp if purchasing through PayPal. It is not safe AT ALL to send all your private details out in the post or email. I don't understand if this is the route they're going down, why can't we purchase online through PayPal or a secure page?? It's 2012, do anyone at HMFC have basic marketing skills? Appears not!

Nor Hibs either it would appear. Hibs sold in exact same way

.Sean.
09-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Can we drop the form off at Tynecastle? Going through the post, if the form was to get into the wrong hands and with the information provided someone would end up with I could end up robbed out of a fair bit of cash. It's not worth the risk.

Who do we contact about this? It's a ****ing joke. With the technologies available these days, sending bits of paper with bank details through the post is absolutely ludicrous.

Hermit Crab
09-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Not an ideal situation but it's definitely not going to put me off going.

Ticket - £27 (Lower section)
Admin Fee - £1.50
Sent by standard delivery

TOTAL - £28.50 (If the lower section is sold out then £30.50)

I'm only getting 2 tickets so opting for standard delivery, but if I was getting say 4 or more I would pay the special delivery charge as it would only work out an extra £1.50 per person. For what it's worth, Hearts had no option but to get their ticket from Hibs by special delivery:agree:

Bad thing about all this is that it will put too many fans off because a number of reasons (paying direct to Hearts, credit card information, fraud, too much hassle, additional admin fee, postage cost, no ticket collection, principal) so I can't see us selling more than 2,000.

We will sell out defo

.Sean.
09-02-2012, 05:56 PM
We will sell out defo

You think there are 3000 folk stupid enough to send the required detail through the post?

Dashing Bob S
09-02-2012, 06:00 PM
The best strategy is to state on the application form that you are under 14 and are attending with some friends from school. Not only will you get in, you'll probably be given free hospitality seats.

Thomson1875
09-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Anyone know if you can apply for more than 6 per application?

I'm needing to order 7/8 so would i just need to add the extra details on via another sheet?

Emailed the email address given and they ain't emailing back, don't fancy having to phone them.

hibee
09-02-2012, 08:12 PM

Even if the form gets to them when they are finished with it they will probably bin it in the street, can't see them paying for a secure shredding company or anything like that!

Geo_1875
09-02-2012, 08:15 PM

I'm needing to order 7/8 so would i just need to add the extra details on via another sheet?

Emailed the email address given and they ain't emailing back, don't fancy having to phone them.

Email address isn't working yet.

Baldy Foghorn
09-02-2012, 10:08 PM

There is no limit to the number you apply for, as long as they are all in the same category, ie all season ticket holders

Also I called them yesterday and they were very helpful....

Baldy Foghorn
09-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Can we drop the form off at Tynecastle? Going through the post, if the form was to get into the wrong hands and with the information provided someone would end up with I could end up robbed out of a fair bit of cash. It's not worth the risk.

Who do we contact about this? It's a ****ing joke. With the technologies available these days, sending bits of paper with bank details through the post is absolutely ludicrous.

Yes you can take the form to the office....

green&left
10-02-2012, 08:58 AM
You think there are 3000 folk stupid enough to send the required detail through the post?

Your looking to much into this m8. Sending your details through the post is no more or less risky than paying something online, using a cash machine, using chip n pin etc. There are risks everytime you use your bank card to pay for something.

Rangers and Celtic fans have been doing this for Hibs and Hearts away for about 3 or 4 seasons now (aswell as St Mirren and Falkirk IIRC), Hearts fans had to do this for the New Year Derby, mail order and catalogue companies still use this.

You can pay 73p extra to make it recorded and that means a signature will be required at the other end ;)

Judas Iscariot
10-02-2012, 10:18 AM
The best strategy is to state on the application form that you are under 14 and are attending with some friends from school. Not only will you get in, you'll probably be given free hospitality seats.

:faf:

Hermit Crab
10-02-2012, 10:32 AM

I wouldn't call them stupid, I'd call them fans who want to see their team. Every transaction involves risks, just like when you buy online or when you withdraw cash from ATMs. As Baldy Foghorn says you can drop the form off at tynecastle if you think posting is to much of a risk. Now we canny really complain about this as we did the exact same thing to them. Your comment tells me you are cutting your nose off just because we've never had to do this before.

franks
10-02-2012, 10:43 AM

I must be stupid then!

johnrebus
10-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Will not be giving them a penny of my cash. Mind you, I wouldn't be going anyway.

Since the Mercer takeover days, have been in the Piggery exactly twice - League Cup semis V Dundee United and V St Johnstone.

Would not give Hearts the steam off my pish.

:******:

Thomson1875
10-02-2012, 12:43 PM
There is no limit to the number you apply for, as long as they are all in the same category, ie all season ticket holders

Also I called them yesterday and they were very helpful....

Cheers for that mate :aok:

KWJ
10-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Unless they fall into the bottom six it could be our last ever derby! Maybe our last at Tynecastle anyhow :greengrin

iwasthere1972
10-02-2012, 10:38 PM
They can go and whistle. No way would I pay about £36 (including the admin and postage) to visit Tynecastle. I know we should be getting behind the team but no game in the SPL is worth paying that kind of money to watch. Hope it hurts them in the pocket big time.