PDA

View Full Version : Riordan to Rangers ?

Last Minute
08-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Rangers looking at Riordan as says the Star this morning.

Thoughts

bigwheel
08-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Doubt it , but good luck to him - hope he gets a new club

The_Exile
08-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Considering he's free, won't cost a fortune in wages, and can/will score for fun in that team, I believe this latest Deek rumour has substance, but also may be total bollox :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
08-02-2012, 10:11 AM

Thoughts

What, looking at him, as in watching him and wondering why he's got his face poking through the railings at their training centre looking in on them....... with GOC in his car in the background telling Deeks he'll no get in, it's him their really after and is all but wrapped up now.

easty
08-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Rangers could do much worse than sign Riordan. He'd score plenty for them, a much better option than David Healy.

blaikie
08-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Daniel Cousin apprently signing .... 35 now they really are desprate.

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2012, 10:44 AM

Had an excellent CAN for Gabon :agree:

killie-hibby
08-02-2012, 10:52 AM

I wonder if he has been signed on the expectation that his headbutting skills are as good as when he last played for them.

Wilson
08-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Had an excellent CAN for Gabon :agree:

Perhaps but I was watching his feet.

sparkiedelpaco7
08-02-2012, 11:42 AM
If Rangers couldnt afford Claros then they sure as hell cant afford Deek.

He will ask for at least 4k a week

SlickShoes
08-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Why doesn't Riordan have a club yet? hes been a free agent for a while now and surely he wants to keep playing?

He could still be clubless by the summer which would mean hes been out for close to 9 months come the start of next season, surely he has a better chance of getting a club if he is playing regularly now rather than doing nothing? even if it was on lower wages.

easty
08-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Why doesn't Riordan have a club yet? hes been a free agent for a while now and surely he wants to keep playing?

He could still be clubless by the summer which would mean hes been out for close to 9 months come the start of next season, surely he has a better chance of getting a club if he is playing regularly now rather than doing nothing? even if it was on lower wages.

You're right, maybe Hibeernian should get in touch. He'd probably score a few goals in the Fair Play league, but then he wouldnt track back...

shagpile
08-02-2012, 12:38 PM

I am assuming that question is rhetorical? If it isn't ,it could be no club wants him.

Odd.:rolleyes:

Golden Bear
08-02-2012, 12:40 PM

He's either wanting too much money or it could be that he's simply not rated at the various clubs he's been on trial with.

Kaiser1962
08-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Considering he's free, won't cost a fortune in wages, and can/will score for fun in that team, I believe this latest Deek rumour has substance, but also may be total bollox
At least you'll be proved right whatever happens......:greengrin

The Modfather
08-02-2012, 12:54 PM
What a waste of talent. What is he, 28 or 29 now? He should be in his peak playing in the Premiership like Fletcher, not a free agent scrambling around for a club.

Although, he has no one else to blame but himself.

sambajustice
08-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I actually ended up talking to him on Friday and just came right out and asked "what are you doing with yourself then?" He said he was just trying to keep fit just now and was waiting on the right thing coming along. We have a mutual friend so we just chatted for a couple of minutes, apart from that he didnt know me from Adam.

I mean, not that he would tell me his business or anything but thats all he said about his "situation" and he seemed pretty unconcerned at things.

Its a strange one because he could be playing at kilmarnock. Surely there's a number of other clubs where he could be playing and picking up some money in the meantime while keeping himself match fit. Even somewhere like Falkirk or Raith (if SPL clubs cant sign players just now). Surely its better to be earning some money rather than none.

Maybe he just doesnt want to play football! Good luck to him whatever he does!

snooky
08-02-2012, 05:44 PM

Thoughts

Another "I smell Karen Dunbar" story, IMO

Cocaine&Caviar
08-02-2012, 05:53 PM
With a decent target man beside him, he could do well there with the amount of chances theyll get in a match, in which Cousin would be a good fit. Not sure about their effectiveness in an old firm game, but for the other games in the league more than good enough IMO with Aluko, Wylde & Davis supplying.

Bostonhibby
08-02-2012, 05:54 PM

Thoughts

We could always outbid them again :greengrin

cam75
08-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Scotland call up in the near future then.

Aldo
08-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Scotland call up in the near future then.

Will he not get an automatic one cos he's being linked?? ;-)

IWasThere2016
08-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Rangers could do much worse than sign Riordan. He'd score plenty for them, a much better option than David Healy.

He's better than Roy O'Donovan also - a lot better.

jdships
08-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Will he not get an automatic one cos he's being linked?? ;-)

Certainly will be " odds on" if he signs for the Huns - that's for sure :greengrin:rolleyes:

stokesmessiah
08-02-2012, 07:42 PM

WTF??? :confused:

James70
08-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I thought he said he was bored with Scottish football? :confused:

NGH
08-02-2012, 08:09 PM
You may find that there are significant tax implications involved in signing with a club in the UK. Perhaps he needs to wait for a while - or sign abroad - before being free to sign up with someone back here without incurring a demand for tax on his earnings in China.

silverhibee
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
I actually ended up talking to him on Friday and just came right out and asked "what are you doing with yourself then?" He said he was just trying to keep fit just now and was waiting on the right thing coming along. We have a mutual friend so we just chatted for a couple of minutes, apart from that he didnt know me from Adam.

I mean, not that he would tell me his business or anything but thats all he said about his "situation" and he seemed pretty unconcerned at things.

Its a strange one because he could be playing at kilmarnock. Surely there's a number of other clubs where he could be playing and picking up some money in the meantime while keeping himself match fit. Even somewhere like Falkirk or Raith (if SPL clubs cant sign players just now). Surely its better to be earning some money rather than none.

Maybe he just doesnt want to play football! Good luck to him whatever he does!

Friday afternoon or night.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 08:16 PM

How many times have you seen O'Donovan play??

IWasThere2016
08-02-2012, 09:24 PM
How many times have you seen O'Donovan play??

Several times. Don't rate him. Deeks far better player IMHO.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Several times. Don't rate him. Deeks far better player IMHO.

Is he an out and out striker, looked quite pacy when he came on, or is he better out wide?

IWasThere2016
08-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Is he an out and out striker, looked quite pacy when he came on, or is he better out wide?

Seen him doing both at Arabs - they seemed to try everything with him but it didnae happen. He was really poor.

IWasThere2016
08-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Back on topic, agent pal tells me Deeks has parted company with Jim McArthur. I expect Deeks will have a club in the next week or so and I don't see that being up here.

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Seen him doing both at Arabs - they seemed to try everything with him but it didnae happen. He was really poor.

So we don't really know his best position then. Blackpool Hibs IIRC did not rate him either...Hoping PF can bring something out of him that would do us a turn.....

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Back on topic, agent pal tells me Deeks has parted company with Jim McArthur. I expect Deeks will have a club in the next week or so and I don't see that being up here.

Was Turkey not a viable option?

truehibernian
08-02-2012, 09:49 PM

Certain clubs just don't fit with players TQM. Who would have known McCoist or McGhee would have gone on to bigger things after poor form at Sunderland and Newcastle.....he might slot in nicely, hit it off with PF, and a wee run of games and goals can work wonders. Give the lad a chance.

stokesmessiah
08-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Certain clubs just don't fit with players TQM. Who would have known McCoist or McGhee would have gone on to bigger things after poor form at Sunderland and Newcastle.....he might slot in nicely, hit it off with PF, and a wee run of games and goals can work wonders. Give the lad a chance.

:agree:

IWasThere2016
08-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Was Turkey not a viable option?

Dunno. Mate says the talk is he has an offer from Der Hun, and others - the others seem to be preferred and better offers. He seems to have a fair bit of choice at least.

IWasThere2016
08-02-2012, 10:03 PM

Hope he comes good. We need goals as we need to win games!

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Dunno. Mate says the talk is he has an offer from Der Hun, and others - the others seem to be preferred and better offers. He seems to have a fair bit of choice at least.

Hopefully not in the SPL.....Good for him that he has options available.

essexhibee
08-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Blackpool wernt interested then? He did have a trial there or am I dreaming that up ? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2012, 10:40 PM
So we don't really know his best position then. Blackpool Hibs IIRC did not rate him either...Hoping PF can bring something out of him that would do us a turn.....

Just think of an amalgamation of Brian Kerr and Alan O'Brien. :wink: I have seen him play wide right, through the middle and on the left, i too hope Fenlon can bring something out of him. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Just think of an amalgamation of Brian Kerr and Alan O'Brien. :wink: I have seen him play wide right, through the middle and on the left, i too hope Fenlon can bring something out of him. :agree:

An amalgamation of O'Brien and Kerr, that is a horrific combo:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2012, 10:48 PM

Yip, :greengrin i only hope he's improved since i last saw him? :pray:

IWasThere2016
08-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Have to agree with Blackpool - I think it will take prayers!

bighairyfaeleith
08-02-2012, 11:15 PM
what was his payoff from china, was it perhaps that we will pay your contact until you find another club, therefore he doesn't need to rush into another deal??

I genuinely have no idea, it's just a thought.

--------
09-02-2012, 01:12 AM

Ivan Sproule on an invisible motorbike. :shocked: