PDA

View Full Version : Claros

Billy Whizz
07-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know if he's got his work permit and he's back in the country training with Hibs yet?

hibbymac
07-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Does anyone know if he's got his work permit and he's back in the country training with Hibs yet?

:confused: I thought he got his work permit, or else he could not have signed unless he had it. :confused:

Billy Whizz
07-02-2012, 10:53 AM
:confused: I thought he got his work permit, or else he could not have signed unless he had it. :confused:

Sorry I meant International clearance?

hibbymac
07-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Sorry I meant International clearance?

:aok:

BEEJ
07-02-2012, 10:54 AM
PF said yesterday in his interview that Jorge was still in Paris.

The expectation was that the paperwork would be completed this week. However, the question-mark is over how much of this week's training he will have been able to take part in.

Billy Whizz
07-02-2012, 10:57 AM
PF said yesterday in his interview that Jorge was still in Paris.

The expectation was that the paperwork would be completed this week. However, the question-mark is over how much of this week's training he will have been able to take part in.

Probably the best we can expect this weekend is a position on the bench

NYHibby
07-02-2012, 11:33 AM
JimBHibees and I have been posting about his work permit for awhile now. The situtation is not very clear.

If google Claros "work permit", you will see that different papers initially said he was granted a work permit. However, later in the week they started to say he had not been granted one. The EEN said yesterday it has still not been granted.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/pat_fenlon_s_pride_as_new_boys_inspire_hibs_1_2099 957

The rules state that a player needs to have played in 75% of his country's competitive games in the past two years. Claros has not met this. He isn't even that close. Most of his caps are from friendlies.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/193378-explained-uk-work-permit-rules-for-footballers/

You can be granted a work permit in one day. Assuming the papers are correct, my guess is that either he has not applied yet or he was rejected and now has to wait until the appeals panel meets.

MB62
07-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Got a bad feeling about this, can only :pray: it all works out.

Shrekko
07-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Got a bad feeling about this, can only :pray: it all works out.

Even if it goes to the appeals panel there is no way on this earth they would turn down a guy with 29 caps for a decent team like Honduras.

Andy74
07-02-2012, 02:09 PM
JimBHibees and I have been posting about his work permit for awhile now. The situtation is not very clear.

If google Claros "work permit", you will see that different papers initially said he was granted a work permit. However, later in the week they started to say he had not been granted one. The EEN said yesterday it has still not been granted.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/pat_fenlon_s_pride_as_new_boys_inspire_hibs_1_2099 957

The rules state that a player needs to have played in 75% of his country's competitive games in the past two years. Claros has not met this. He isn't even that close. Most of his caps are from friendlies.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/193378-explained-uk-work-permit-rules-for-footballers/

You can be granted a work permit in one day. Assuming the papers are correct, my guess is that either he has not applied yet or he was rejected and now has to wait until the appeals panel meets.

My understanding is that we have had the approval for granting of the work permit, but that it will take some time for the actual application and paperwork to be completed.

JimBHibees
07-02-2012, 03:59 PM
My understanding is that we have had the approval for granting of the work permit, but that it will take some time for the actual application and paperwork to be completed.

Pat Fenlon was certainly quoted as saying that the work permit had been granted however a little surprising it seems to have dragged on so long.

killie-hibby
07-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Hibs had problems some years ago with an Icelandic players work permit. I think he was with us for a few weeks,disappeared,then turned up at Ibrox with his newly granted permit.

JimBHibees
07-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Hibs had problems some years ago with an Icelandic players work permit. I think he was with us for a few weeks,disappeared,then turned up at Ibrox with his newly granted permit.

I think they were Norwegian, Isaac Refvik and Svein Mathieson. Can remember Isaac scoring twice on his debut. Not sure they played for Rangers though remember them training with them for a bit.

greenlex
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Not often gay people have 6 wives, mind you.
My Uncle Yvonne did. :agree:

Ray_
07-02-2012, 05:24 PM

It was only Isaac Refvik that was refused leave to play in this country [after he had scored the two against Morton in the league cup] as Svein Mathieson had full caps, which was the stipulation then. Tom Hart threatened to take the home office to court as he felt teams like Hibs were being disadvantaged, due to it only being the richer clubs that were able to afford foreign players, due to the full cap rule.

Isaac Refvik appeared at Ibrox a few years afterwards, for a trial & nothing came of it.

Bostonhibby
07-02-2012, 08:16 PM

Isaak Refvik, good striker as well

Dr Jimmy
07-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Isaak Refvik, good striker as well

Did he not play with us at the same time as Sven Matthesson, who was also Icelandic?

CropleyWasGod
07-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Did he not play with us at the same time as Sven Matthesson, who was also Icelandic?

Norwegian :agree:

Scott Allan Key
08-02-2012, 04:31 AM
It was done as a joke, a gay person with 6 wives tends to give it away, so only fool on.here is you.
So Jeremy Clarkson, keep posting your offensive opinions and when you hurt someone hide behind the defence that it was a joke and accuse others of not laughing at your drivel.

AldoHFC
08-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Says in metro that Claros has been cleared to play on Saturday.

bingo70
08-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Says in metro that Claros has been cleared to play on Saturday.

The quote from fenlon doesn't quite confirm that though, think the headline said he could play but fenlon said something along the lines of being hopefull he can play.

Hibs7
08-02-2012, 08:23 AM
So Jeremy Clarkson, keep posting your offensive opinions and when you hurt someone hide behind the defence that it was a joke and accuse others of not laughing at your drivel.

Oh dear is it any wonder this country is in such a state, pc brigade gone mental.

SMAXXA
08-02-2012, 08:29 AM
The quote from fenlon doesn't quite confirm that though, think the headline said he could play but fenlon said something along the lines of being hopefull he can play.

Funny how things pan out, who would we all have rather taken goodwin, stephen hughes, gavin rae or taking claros. Without having seen him before
His pedigree seems to be more promising than any of the afore mentioned. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

Golden Bear
08-02-2012, 08:31 AM
From today's DR:-

Claros is in Paris completing paperwork and Fenlon is hopeful he'll be available to face Aberdeen in the SPL. Claros has already had a work permit application approved and is expected back in Edinburgh today to resume training.

The Manager said:- "We are hopeful he will be available for Saturday. The club are working hard to make sure. It's important we get all the paperwork done and everything is done properly. We may get him in time for the game but we'll see what happens towards the end of the week."

Nothing new there then but in this electronic age the whole process seems to be ridiculously slow.

Craig_in_Prague
08-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Would be good to know how much 'paperwork' is actually needed......seems very slow indeed.

Must be a Czech person doing the approving. They like to stamp and sign things a zillion times.

If Hibs are 'working' hard - what do they need to actually still do?
and 'work harder' I'd say, we need points on Sat.

IndieHibby
08-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Oh dear is it any wonder this country is in such a state, pc brigade gone mental.

You need to stop reading the Daily Heil!

Steve-O
08-02-2012, 08:45 AM

I blame the immigrants!

HNA12
08-02-2012, 08:57 AM

Can we stick to the topic please guys. You've both had your say, let's leave it there.

Hibs7
08-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Ok.
Still would like to know why in this electronic age things like this take so long.

Steve-O
08-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Ok.
Still would like to know why in this electronic age things like this take so long.

Because Government departments haven't reached the electronic age and 'paperwork' is still the norm. True here in NZ Immigration anyway, doubt the UK are much better, plus they'll be much busier.

--------
08-02-2012, 11:02 AM
According to the Sun, he is available for Sat.
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4115644/Pitbulls-got-great-pedigree.html:

Link not working ...

... but you'll get it by going back to the homepage and then to the SPL club page. It appears he is indeed available.

A cross between Pirlo and Scholes? The Pitbull?

Who's the referee on Saturday - dinnae want this lad sent off in his first game like McPake.

famous_fife_hibby
08-02-2012, 11:14 AM
According to the Sun, he's available for sat.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4115644/Pitbulls-got-great-pedigree.html

Craig_in_Prague
08-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Be great if he played, but I would imagine he'll be on the bench.

Not managed to watch any clips of him yet; no idea of his style.

Is he a John Rankin but with ability?
Someone as close as we'll ever get to fill Sauzee's boots?
The impossible Matty Jack role?
Brian Kerr Seen Unseen work?

Exciting times!

JimBHibees
08-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Be great if he played, but I would imagine he'll be on the bench.

Not managed to watch any clips of him yet; no idea of his style.

Is he a John Rankin but with ability?
Someone as close as we'll ever get to fill Sauzee's boots?
The impossible Matty Jack role?
Brian Kerr Seen Unseen work?

Exciting times!

A cross between Pirlo and Scholes it said in the Sun. :greengrin

Sounds like he can pass and also win the ball however it seems the nickname Pitbull came from him never stopping running. Hope it is all true. Personally would start him on Saturday.

Craig_in_Prague
08-02-2012, 12:24 PM

Sounds like he can pass and also win the ball however it seems the nickname Pitbull came from him never stopping running. Hope it is all true. Personally would start him on Saturday.

Aye, he's certainly ugly right enough !

If he starts, then Pat obviously is 100% confident in his ability. So basically, if we see him on the team sheet as a starter - I will be pretty confident we've a player on our hands. :aok:

Spike Mandela
08-02-2012, 12:24 PM
**** me, Pravda lives on in this thread:greengrin

Bristolhibby
08-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Why is he in Paris? What has France got to do with anything?

Also, just looked him up on Wiki.

Apparantly he was shot in the head on June 16, 2011 after car thieves failed to steal his vehicle.

#hardnut

J

God Petrie
08-02-2012, 12:41 PM

Apparantly he was shot in the head on June 16, 2011 after car thieves failed to steal his vehicle.

#hardnut

J

Closest place to Britain to stay while a work permit gets sorted?

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2012, 12:41 PM

#hardnut

J

Yeah, he was heard to say "I need to play for the Huns like I need a hole in the ..... WTF was that?"

Hibs7
08-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Wonder if we can hang on to him for the full loan period.

Hibs90
08-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Wonder if we can hang on to him for the full loan period.

Why couldn't we?

Hibs7
08-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Someone might want to buy him in the summer.?

--------
08-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Is this thread a record for posts removed?

With respect, I thought 'a lot of arguing' was one of the reasons for coming on here? :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
08-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Is this thread a record for posts removed?

With respect, I thought 'a lot of arguing' was one of the reasons for coming on here? :rolleyes:

No it isn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

--------
08-02-2012, 04:56 PM
No it isn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Yes it IS!

sahib
08-02-2012, 05:25 PM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4115644/Pitbulls-got-great-pedigree.html

Great news!
Which one is he?

Rivers Cuomo
08-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Someone might want to buy him in the summer.?

Well obviously he couldnt sign for them until his loan with us was up in January.

BEEJ
08-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Well obviously he couldnt sign for them until his loan with us was up in January.
Hibs may have entered a clause in the loan contract whereby, in exchange for a small percentage of the final transfer fee, Hibs would release Claros in the summer to allow him to be sold on.

It would be consistent with an arrangement under which the player is "in the shop window".

Baldy Foghorn
08-02-2012, 07:53 PM
I am sooooooo looking forward to seeing the pitbull in a Hibs jersey........:cb

--------
08-02-2012, 11:39 PM

A pair of specs and and some black face-paint, and he's the spitting image of Groucho Marx.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB7xmaFrNv2dd_3ItyFMbEnBXEi5HiU tFJN7G3diJURaV7xzQfaitvMBA
Jorge Claros

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/17/article-0-0C28C13800000578-729_306x423.jpg
Groucho Marx.

And just for SuperAlly, to cheer him up ...

... here's what you WOULD have won -

http://www.laprensa.hn/var/laprensa_site/storage/images/media/fotogalerias/deportes/futbol-internacional/legionario150/jorge-claros-en-un-partido-amistoso-con-el-rangers/370486-1-esl-HN/Jorge-Claros-en-un-partido-amistoso-con-el-Rangers_480_311.jpg

BUT DIDNAE! :greengrin

Broken Gnome
09-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Claros free to play on Saturday :thumbsup:

basehibby
09-02-2012, 12:15 PM
:thumbsup: Great news! Should put an extra thou on the gate and up our chances of scooping the points :thumbsup:

Andy74
09-02-2012, 12:23 PM
:thumbsup: Great news! Should put an extra thou on the gate and up our chances of scooping the points :thumbsup:

Aye, but Paul Kane doesn't want thim playing according to the ER! Can't break up Lewis and Ozzy!

Yes you can. if this guy really is a step up in quality we can't afford not to get him in. Shift Lewis to the left and empty Wotherspoon would be my view.

davemcbain
09-02-2012, 12:34 PM

Never believe the sun anyways, but does that make him..........PiSch

lucky
09-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I hope this guy is given a chance to settle in. The way some are going on you would think it was Messi or Ronaldo we had signed. He is coming from another continent and does not speak English he will need time to settle in

Spike Mandela
09-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Some brilliant footage of the guy in action.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baKXVZuQaB8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He has an eye for goal!:wink:

Monts
09-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Some brilliant footage of the guy in action.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baKXVZuQaB8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He has an eye for goal!:wink:

Cant seem to play the vid for some reason :confused:

--------
09-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Aye, but Paul Kane doesn't want thim playing according to the ER! Can't break up Lewis and Ozzy!

Yes you can. if this guy really is a step up in quality we can't afford not to get him in. Shift Lewis to the left and empty Wotherspoon would be my view.

Paul Kane doesn't want Pat to change a winning team. Hello, Paul? Suspensions? Centre-backs? McPake and Hanlon?

If Claros has been away from training getting his paperwork sorted, he may not figure in the starting line-up. On the other hand, he may be fit and just raring to go, in which case PF might very well play him from the start. It's a nice sort of problem, though - to have two midfield players playing well, and another available to come in reputedly better than either of them.

But from Saturday's performance, there's still a problem in midfield; we need to get the ball more often, hold possession, and take pressure off the back four more effectively than we've been doing.

So PF has two problems for Saturday - how to plug the gaps in the defence, and how to keep the ball and ease pressure on them. I would think that JC would be fairly central to the way he deals with them.

--------
09-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Cant seem to play the vid for some reason :confused:

Wouldn't worry. It ain't Claros - at least I hope not! :rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
09-02-2012, 02:30 PM
I hope this guy is given a chance to settle in. The way some are going on you would think it was Messi or Ronaldo we had signed. He is coming from another continent and does not speak English he will need time to settle in

you saying I should have held off with the tattoo?

frazeHFC
09-02-2012, 03:46 PM

geohibby
09-02-2012, 03:51 PM

yes he is now available, trained today

down-the-slope
09-02-2012, 03:55 PM
yes he is now available, trained today

source?...great news if its the case

AlbertK86
09-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Just said on STV news that he is in line to start on Saturday

Go on 'le Pitbull'

At The Edge
09-02-2012, 05:14 PM
source?...great news if its the case

Pat Fenlon, Hibs telly

CRAZYHIBBY
09-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Mon the horhay

down-the-slope
09-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Pat Fenlon, Hibs telly

:aok: Horses mouth...nothing better...excited now.

Hope we are not expecting too much..:rolleyes: