PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts facing another winding up order

magnificent_seven
07-02-2012, 09:56 AM
According to a BBC journo on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/#!/liammcleod79/status/166820000324263938/photo/1

Thecat23
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
As usual nothing will come of this. It will continue to happen and they will continue to pay it last min. I think he actually loves the attention it brings if i'm honest.

Andy74
07-02-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm sure they will get one of these every time they are due a tax bill and it will be removed when the cobble the funds together.

A Scotsman article this morning suggested that they needed about £200,000 per month to pay the wage bill.

That has to be miles off surely?? That would put their annual bill at only £2.4 million when even with cost cutting it has to be nearer £10 million.

I'd put their monthly bill at nearer £800,000 surely?

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-02-2012, 10:05 AM
I think it's all part of the yam way now, they are cocking a snout at everyone that's involved in Scottish football, almost doing it on purpose, in reality it's "nobody likes us and we don't care" set up, deary me just who do they think they are?

Aldo
07-02-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm sure they will get one of these every time they are due a tax bill and it will be removed when the cobble the funds together.

A Scotsman article this morning suggested that they needed about £200,000 per month to pay the wage bill.

That has to be miles off surely?? That would put their annual bill at only £2.4 million when even with cost cutting it has to be nearer £10 million.

Sure it's about 864,000 a month which is 216,000 a week.

Golden Bear
07-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Vlad's latest piece of brinkmanship with the tax authorities.

Sadly he'll come up with the funds as per normal but I hope a hefty admin charge will be added to their bill.

Andy74
07-02-2012, 10:09 AM
I think it's all part of the yam way now, they are cocking a snout at everyone that's involved in Scottish football, almost doing it on purpose, in reality it's "nobody likes us and we don't care" set up, deary me just who do they think they are?

I don't think they are doing it for the fun of it - they have no money.

Part/Time Supporter
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM

That's assuming they're paying the PAYE/NIC on time. Most of their players will be at 40% and some at 50% tax rates.

down-the-slope
07-02-2012, 10:13 AM
nothing to see here...move along :rolleyes:

like LRT busses another winding up order will be along soon....they will not vanish as a result of these...its just them managing cash flow (or lack of it) they have no credability (and probably little credit) so no longer benefit in paying quick being seen as good to do business with ...too late for that..

They will / will only go when Vlad finally has enough..or see a way to exit with max cash / face in tact...

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-02-2012, 10:20 AM
I don't think they are doing it for the fun of it - they have no money.

Not implying they are doing it for fun Andy, they are doing it on purpose, as I say it's all part of the yam way now, and to my utter astonishment the "fans" are taking it all in and actually think their horrible little club are doing the right thing, scary days at crumblingcastle just now.

Iain G
07-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Is this whole thing a wind up? :confused::greengrin

sambajustice
07-02-2012, 10:29 AM
*snore*

scoopyboy
07-02-2012, 10:36 AM
It's probably the way HMRC deal with it now.

They raise the winding up order, they get their money.

I would say if they didn't raise one there would be no chance they would get it.

If they have to pay HMRC it probably means wages shortfall.

GloryGlory
07-02-2012, 10:53 AM
If Edinburgh Cooncil ever resurrects the taxpayers-money-for the Yams'-stadium project, hopefully we can all remind them about the disreputable organisation they would be promoting as their marquee tenant for the project. Multiple failures to pay tax when due - how can the public sector possibly judge HMFC as a fit and proper organisation with which to be in partnership? Even the most casual due diligence should raise serious concerns about HMFC's reliability.

BTW, shouldn't some of the directors be getting banned under the Companies Acts from being in charge of a company, with this regular failure to pay bills to creditors? Have their last accounts been filed yet? They must be well overdue!

hibs4life
07-02-2012, 11:12 AM
It may well be more of the same but.....
It is just 8 days notice and if they genuinely did have difficulty funding recent salaries, this won't be good news for them.
However, I expect Vlad to get the funds for HMRC in time but the players might be looking at a wait for their salaries again.
I'd guess Hearts won't meet a dramatic end anytime soon but it seems they are on a slow, inexorable slide....

The_Exile
07-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Mowgli's take on it http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-16926114

Getting bored of these though, will crack the champers when they actually implode.

Gus Fring
07-02-2012, 11:24 AM
They do seem to be operating in a very hand to mouth fashion. It's only a matter of time before they cannot (or will not) pay their bills. If only this had happened last month they probably wouldn't have been able to meet the SPL deadline for wages.

Fat Penlon
07-02-2012, 11:25 AM
The same happened in Nov 11 i.e. the last quarter which sounds to me like the payment is part of an agreed repayment plan. As soon as they miss the specific dates they are issued with the order. The last time it was £500,000 if its the same this time added to the £800,000 they need to pay the wages on the 16th then they might struggle. Can any of the 'in the know' people on here confirm if this is the case?

£1.3m in just over a week :na na:

Andy74
07-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Mowgli's take on it http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-16926114

Getting bored of these though, will crack the champers when they actually implode.

Mowgli was Vlad was it not?

Caversham Green
07-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Here's the Yams' official line on it. Far more low-key than the last time IIRC, and not all that convincing. :hmmm:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20120207/club-statement-_2241384_2602606

hibbymac
07-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Here's the Yams' official line on it. Far more low-key than the last time IIRC, and not all that convincing. :hmmm:

Vlad just treats these "petitions" as a final demand. :Romanov::ostrich:

Hibby D
07-02-2012, 11:52 AM

I bet whoever penned that had the fingers of their other hand crossed behind their back.

All 6 of them :wink:

Beefster
07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
I take it HMRC will charge Hearts for all the extra admin and legal costs? I'd hate to think that it's costing the taxpayer more than normal every time these jakies have a bill to pay.

Famous5forever
07-02-2012, 11:54 AM
As usual nothing will come of this. It will continue to happen and they will continue to pay it last min. I think he actually loves the attention it brings if i'm honest.

I Dont agree its only a matter of time till they are closed down once and for all and how many days till wages day i got a good feeling that this month will be the end

Thecat23
07-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I Dont agree its only a matter of time till they are closed down once and for all and how many days till wages day i got a good feeling that this month will be the end

Trust me bud, Hearts won't be out of business this month. They will be hear to the end of the season at least.

Peevemor
07-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Mowgli was Vlad was it not?

I think Mowgli was "the media". I think the first time Vlad mentioned Mowgli, he got him confused with King Louis. :agree:

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Trust me bud, Hearts won't be out of business this month. They will be hear to the end of the season at least.

Agreed, though I can still envisage the Inland Revenue's and players demands for cash falling on deaf ears.

Famous5forever
07-02-2012, 12:19 PM

How can we find out exactly how much this bill is for ? this could be the straw that breaks the Camels back.

SMAXXA
07-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Typical those lucky barstewards just happen to have a home game against celtic which will add much needed funds to their cause.

Twa Cairpets
07-02-2012, 12:45 PM
You know what gets me?

This isnt a football thing, this is these corrupt s***bags not paying what they are due in the middle of *****' recession. Its taking cash away from everyone else, and it's got the stage where its seen as just the thing that Hearts do, and is now met with a kind of disapproving tut-tut rather than the genuine anger that it should be met with. I run a business. I put my corporation tax, NI and VAT money aside religiously because IT ISNT *****' MINE.

And these deluded f***tards over the road think this is just good practice!?! F** them, f*** them royally and painfully with a spiked pole. They are loathsome peddlers of arrogance and fuddery the lot of them. When there comeuppance happens - as it surely will - I shall laugh long and loud and then go and get roaring drunk at the prospect of them squatting around the lower divisions hawking their delusions of adequacy to Annan and Cowdenbeath.

Keith_M
07-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Typical those lucky barstewards just happen to have a home game against celtic which will add much needed funds to their cause.

Even if they sell out the stadium, that's still not very much money, as I think they have around 10k ST holders.

If they sell 7,000 tickets at an average of 25 quid each (being generous), that's still only 175k. Going by the figures quoted above, that's not even one weeks wages.

SMAXXA
07-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Even if they sell out the stadium, that's still not very much money, as I think they have around 10k ST holders.

If they sell 7,000 tickets at an average of 25 quid each (being generous), that's still only 175k. Going by the figures quoted above, that's not even one weeks wages.

Its still a lot of money they otherwise wouldn't have had mate, 175k wouldn't be too easy to find otherwise

Mikey
07-02-2012, 12:52 PM
f***tards

:greengrin

Seveno
07-02-2012, 12:55 PM
You know what gets me?

This isnt a football thing, this is these corrupt s***bags not paying what they are due in the middle of *****' recession. Its taking cash away from everyone else, and it's got the stage where its seen as just the thing that Hearts do, and is now met with a kind of disapproving tut-tut rather than the genuine anger that it should be met with. I run a business. I put my corporation tax, NI and VAT money aside religiously because IT ISNT *****' MINE.

And these deluded f***tards over the road think this is just good practice!?! F** them, f*** them royally and painfully with a spiked pole. They are loathsome peddlers of arrogance and fuddery the lot of them. When there comeuppance happens - as it surely will - I shall laugh long and loud and then go and get roaring drunk at the prospect of them squatting around the lower divisions hawking their delusions of adequacy to Annan and Cowdenbeath.

I take it that you are not a closet Yam then ? :greengrin

Twa Cairpets
07-02-2012, 01:00 PM
I take it that you are not a closet Yam then ? :greengrin

No, not as such.:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
07-02-2012, 01:04 PM

:agree:

When this has cropped up in the past, their website has usually put up a (bolshy) statement saying that the bill concerned has already been paid and that there's nothing to worry about.

robinp
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Does this mean that old Lord Pishy Pants was unsuccessful in his personal quest to find an Arab, Quatari or Saudi King (or mug) to buy the mighty Hawrts?

:confused:

steakbake
07-02-2012, 01:39 PM
:agree:

When this has cropped up in the past, their website has usually put up a (bolshy) statement saying that the bill concerned has already been paid and that there's nothing to worry about.

Maybe they're too busy putting stuff on ebay and rounding up trinkets to take to Cashconverters to be worrying about flippant remarks on the website? No doubt when the bill is paid, there'll be a bold as brass statement. For now though, it's all about checking the sofas and under the seats for loose change.

HibbyAndy
07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
I know right now it feels like 'Nothing to see here move along' And 'Hearts always get away with it '.....It will end in tears for them tho, It really will, Just hang in there fellow hibbys cause the day will arrive when we can pish ourselves laughing at them.

Hang in there Hibbys, They will get there comeuppance for sure :aok:

Saorsa
07-02-2012, 01:45 PM
If they default again HMRC should take them tae the cleaners, nae mair warnings :agree: This constant threat of winding up orders is a farce.

C'mon Mr. Tax man, lower the boom :agree:

NOLA
07-02-2012, 01:55 PM
must be a slow news day :rolleyes: hertz will pay it at the last possible moment, nothing to see here, move along.

PaulSmith
07-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Issued on Jan 27th and Hearts given 8 days to pay it. 8 business days or 8 days? If former then they've got 24 hours to pay.

No wonder Kello is not flavour of the month :)

Pretty Boy
07-02-2012, 02:08 PM
SSN seems to be taking far more interest than usual.

Slow news day? More to it this time?

Andy74
07-02-2012, 02:12 PM
They must be gutted that no-one really bit in the transfer window. That one was always a bit of a win, win in the long run.

If they were being run in any competently though they would have accepted the position they were in and released more players. Still, they have valid contracts wanting paid and all that!

Mon the HMRC!

Craig_in_Prague
07-02-2012, 02:20 PM
I know this will come to nothing once again, but if the time ever comes they fold (as we know them today), I will happily buy a flight ticket home, suffer the smell of Gorgie for a while, look at the PBS and well, laugh!

To better illustrate:
http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/4/40/Picture0003.jpg

Hibbyradge
07-02-2012, 02:20 PM
I know right now it feels like 'Nothing to see here move along' And 'Hearts always get away with it '.....It will end in tears for them tho, It really will, Just hang in there fellow hibbys cause the day will arrive when we can pish ourselves laughing at them.

I know what you're saying, but in truth, I've been laughing at them since they were 'unbeatable' and we horsed them at ER.

And, I've been pishing myself at them since they sacked George Burley soon after.

HibbyAndy
07-02-2012, 02:25 PM
I know what you're saying, but in truth, I've been laughing at them since they were 'unbeatable' and we horsed them at ER.

And, I've been pishing myself at them since they sacked George Burley soon after.

They sacked Pish heid Burley days before the unbeatable Derby:agree:

Robbo_22 Said we were 'clutching at straws' Apparently :hilarious

Craig_in_Prague
07-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Issued on Jan 27th and Hearts given 8 days to pay it. 8 business days or 8 days? If former then they've got 24 hours to pay.

Best case for them, is tomorrow then - as you say (using business days).

Wages also due in 9 days time.

Caversham Green
07-02-2012, 02:36 PM

The 8 days runs from advertisement so that takes us to the 15th - the day before pay day.

It's not notice for payment though, that's been and gone, it's notice for interested parties to make representations at the hearing (I think).

cam75
07-02-2012, 02:39 PM
"What I believe is we need money, if it's selling players, equipment, whatever, I don't know," he said while recognising that some players might have no interest in moving so far away.

What sergio says on bbc, what equipment is he on about ? 1 used submarine ?

MSK
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
"What I believe is we need money, if it's selling players, equipment, whatever, I don't know," he said while recognising that some players might have no interest in moving so far away.

What sergio says on bbc, what equipment is he on about ? 1 used submarine ?The lie detector ..Mr Pyjama man's jammies ..Rima's golden sticks ..a 50 watt light bulb ...Sergio's eyebrows....surely there cant be many more sellable assets ...:agree:

Andy74
07-02-2012, 02:49 PM
The new stand must be opening soon. The increased revenue from that and a prolonged run in Europe should sort the entire debt out in no time. I've heard that somewhere so believe it to be true.

1875er
07-02-2012, 02:52 PM
The lie detector ..Mr Pyjama man's jammies ..Rima's golden sticks ..a 50 watt light bulb ...Sergio's eyebrows....surely there cant be many more sellable assets ...:agree:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :top marks:top marks:top marks

hailhail22
07-02-2012, 02:56 PM

I really hope your right. I used to love coming on and reading theese threads about hearts going down under but they do get away with it all the time and am starting to doubt we will get the day where we can pish ourselves laughing, however as i said i hope your right.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Why don't they just flog their world cup stars to someone in Russia?

The Russian window is still open and who could resist players Hearts were happy to pay £10M for?

Spike Mandela
07-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Wonder what the HMRC take would be on it if they paid it 6 or 7 hours late:wink:

Jim44
07-02-2012, 03:14 PM
I hope the wages are really late this time. Their gutless attempt last time to finally protest against Vlad's comtempt for every one of them was pathetic and short-lived and I bet they thought that everything in the garden was rosy. Hell mend them for being so subservient. They deserve what they get or don't get as the case might be. I think they're far from going under but the more misery they inflict on each other the more entertaining it becomes for us,

bingo70
07-02-2012, 03:18 PM

I agree with you but if it was anything more sinister (sp?) Would they not have just kept quiet, at this stage there wasn't really any need for them to comment?

down the slope
07-02-2012, 03:20 PM
A wee bit off topic but i heard that the reason they were training at Spartans was they were denied access to the outside facilities at Ricarton, apparently they have the use of the indoor area but have not paid for all weather areas, surprise surprise.

Aldo
07-02-2012, 03:40 PM
A wee bit off topic but i heard that the reason they were training at Spartans was they were denied access to the outside facilities at Ricarton, apparently they have the use of the indoor area but have not paid for all weather areas, surprise surprise.

DTS I posted a number of months ago when all their money problems hit the paper that they were in rent arrears to Heriott Watt (or whoever) re the use if the facilities.

I got this info from a friend whose son was training with the Yams and was cancelled in numerous occasions at short notice.

I gave heard Spartans want money upfront so this maybe a no goer for them.

jdships
07-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Putting aside the " tax bill" they appear to have major problems ala cash flow.
Couple of months ago I spoke with a small business man who was awaiting payment for work done and was offered "60% settlement
now " or wait an unspecified time for the total amount - he took the 60% to balance his books at Christmas . This after waiting 170 days from date of invoice .
Have heard this morning of another firm due just into five figures for work carried out . Now 120 days since date of invoice and no signs of money .
I have been victim of this practice in the past and it just means Hearts are using the supplier as a "banker" without paying interest :rolleyes:

greenginger
07-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Vlad's latest piece of brinkmanship with the tax authorities.

Sadly he'll come up with the funds as per normal but I hope a hefty admin charge will be added to their bill.

Not if Hibs.Net can help it. Anyone know how to get a bank account frozen for a couple of days? :devil:

RiseAbove
07-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Couple of months ago I spoke with a small business man who was awaiting payment for work done and was offered "60% settlement
now " or wait an unspecified time for the total amount - he took the 60% to balance his books at Christmas . This after waiting 170 days from date of invoice .
Have heard this morning of another firm due just into five figures for work carried out . Now 120 days since date of invoice and no signs of money .
I have been victim of this practice in the past and it just means Hearts are using the supplier as a "banker" without paying interest :rolleyes:

Another trick at Mordor is for work to be done and then for the supplier to be offered Hospitality instead of cash payment, sadly some companies take up this offer.

killie-hibby
07-02-2012, 04:08 PM
EUREKA. I have a solution. Hearts can be saved. Its so obvious and am astonished that Mad Vlad (not daft,just mad) did not think of this months ago. In recent times, when the players get paid, their deluded fans react by entering into a state of joyous euphoria,much more emphatic than supporters of other teams would, when winning a cup or league. So,on the next pay day Mad Vlad should cram the delusional 400000 into their vast stadium at £2.50p each for admission. They can then stare in awe and release their emotions by cheering loudly when each player is handed the rarely seen buff pay packet. I have done my sums and calculate that without even kicking a ball £1 million pound will be taken at the gate. As Hearts dont pay any taxes the millon pound is a net sum. Sales of bovril,pies and scarves will bring in at least another £500000. If £1500000 is still not enough then Sergio can collect the now empty pay packets and put them up for auction on ebay as rare speciman,limited edition,magnificently presented within a genuine asbestos frame each with its unique identification number.No self respecting Yam should be without such an adornement above the mantlepiece.
I have taken the precaution of applying for a patent on this foolproof unique business plan and will be sitting by the phone awaiting a call from Vlad. Most likely a Mr Whyte from Govan will take notice. I have no particular preference as to which club goes into liquidation, therefore will release the patent to whoever gives me 5% (in cash) of each pay day celebration event. All income I receive from this venture will be sent to Mr Petrie.

Saorsa
07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
DTS I posted a number of months ago when all their money problems hit the paper that they were in rent arrears to Heriott Watt (or whoever) re the use if the facilities.

I got this info from a friend whose son was training with the Yams and was cancelled in numerous occasions at short notice.

I gave heard Spartans want money upfront so this maybe a no goer for them.Tramps :agree:

Saorsa
07-02-2012, 04:25 PM
I have been victim of this practice in the past and it just means Hearts are using the supplier as a "banker" without paying interest :rolleyes:I cannae believe that anybody is daft enough tae still get involved with that mob, provide supplies or services tae them and expect payment. Considering the number of times this sort of thing has happened (and it's no just over the last few months) anybody that gets involved with them cannae be very smart.

mjhibby
07-02-2012, 04:44 PM
It may well be more of the same but.....
It is just 8 days notice and if they genuinely did have difficulty funding recent salaries, this won't be good news for them.
However, I expect Vlad to get the funds for HMRC in time but the players might be looking at a wait for their salaries again.
I'd guess Hearts won't meet a dramatic end anytime soon but it seems they are on a slow, inexorable slide....

Tax bill needs to be paid by the 15th and wages the 16th.Not looking good but im sure they will scrape together the cash.they are just a total embarassment of a club as are the fans who lap up this nonsense.They wont be missed if/when they implode.

RickyS
07-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Tax bill needs to be paid by the 15th and wages the 16th.Not looking good but im sure they will scrape together the cash.they are just a total embarassment of a club as are the fans who lap up this nonsense.They wont be missed if/when they implode.

the club or the fans?:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
I thought that Hearts would find a way to carry on till the end of the season, where there would be loads of blood-letting. Now however, it seems that there are serious doubts about their cash flow and their ability to meet immediate payments to inland revenue/their own players. They haven't been able to pull in significant cash, or even offload that many big earners in the window.

Their strategy for survival in the short-term again seems to depend on Romanov having the desire or the means to part with another substantial chunk of change to keep them afloat.

We've been predicting their demise for so long, it's gotten boring, and now rather than celebrate, I'll just have a sly giggle that the boring bar stewards actually managed to turn something as cataclysmic as the situation they are in, into another exercise in the mind-numbing tedium they traditionally excel in. I'd rather holiday with Steve Davis and the in-laws than spend ten minutes in the company of those yawnmeisters.

Bristolhibby
07-02-2012, 05:08 PM

This

CRAZYHIBBY
07-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Total non story as usual...

Hibbyradge
07-02-2012, 05:23 PM
They sacked Pish heid Burley days before the unbeatable Derby:agree:

Robbo_22 Said we were 'clutching at straws' Apparently :hilarious

Superb recollection, sir.

With all the hilarity, I must have lost my sense of chronology! :wink:

linlithgowhibbie
07-02-2012, 05:28 PM
You know what gets me?

Don't hold back now !!!!:wink:

persevere1875
07-02-2012, 05:31 PM

God that site gives me the boke staying on it long enough to read there response is a struggle, thank god and ma dad I was born a Hibby

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2012, 05:40 PM
You know what gets me?

TC, what a great post (didn't see it earlier) and this is surely the crux of the matter. They are morally defective, thieving barstewards, and this mentally defective attitude of self-entitlement (encouraged and promoted over the last 30 years to a greater or lesser extent by all politicians) has permeated every area of that shabby club. It's about time the real world asserted itself against those shysters and conmen and ground them under its heel.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2012, 05:50 PM
A well respected member of my golf club and regular acquaintance of mine, is involved in the finance industry and has connections at hearts. He himself is a hearts supporter, of sorts.

He tried some tentative dealings with Vladimir's new bank, but speaks about the episode mockingly. It's a funny story, but I digress.

He understands that hearts have been told that the club is solid financially until the end of the season.

I'm not sure what the Yam definition of solid is, but there you have it.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
07-02-2012, 05:54 PM
You know what gets me?

That's unfair...on Annan and Cowdenbeath...surely you mean Clyde and East Stirling ?

Bostonhibby
07-02-2012, 05:57 PM
The lie detector ..Mr Pyjama man's jammies ..Rima's golden sticks ..a 50 watt light bulb ...Sergio's eyebrows....surely there cant be many more sellable assets ...:agree:

Light bulbs, heavily used treatment tables, maroon 70's style acrylic track suits left over from the fire sale at their shop, as worn by fashion conscious Yams everywhere.

Green_one
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
A well respected member of my golf club and regular acquaintance of mine, is involved in the finance industry and has connections at hearts. He himself is a hearts supporter, of sorts.

He tried some tentative dealings with Vladimir's new bank, but speaks about the episode mockingly. It's a funny story, but I digress.

He understands that hearts have been told that the club is solid financially until the end of the season.

Lets hope its not the medical use of 'solids' :greengrin Though I am sure its much closer to that.

RyeSloan
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM

I.e Romanov is now prepared to bankroll them until the end of the season...he clearly decided in Nov/Dec not to do so but has had a change of mind.

It would seem doubtful that he wasn’t aware of the immediate implications of withdrawing UBIG’s financial support so the question has to be why he did so in such an abrupt manner, feigned mock outrage at the rumpus it caused and then why he has changed his mind again so quickly….I don’t suppose anyone really knows what’s going on in his head (or UBIG’s finances) but wind up orders or not I think TC has summed them up nicely on this thread!

SloopJB
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm surprised this was mentioned on the bbc, while some may joke that this is how big teams operate it is fair to say that this is how hearts operate under the present owner in the presesent financial circumstances. They'll want the money in their account as long as possible and if that causes HMRC to do some work then so what?

The worst you can say about it is that as far as they are concerned it really is a non story. let it go. We have a team to support.

PapillonVert
07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Sorry, but you guys are just total saddos. Don't you know that this is normal for CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS!!!!

You are such LOSERS!!

You focus on the minuscule things like paying bills and don't see the BIG PICTURE at alll!!!! :titanic:

Springbank
07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
This story got an interview spot on BBC Radio 5 Live Drive, with Peter Allan.

Along the lines of "well, well, well, Hearts really are a mess"

Sometimes it helps to have an outside view

IIRC correctly Hearts have had 3 stories about them on UK radio, including hour-long phoneins.

The topics:

1) employing a certain type of offender while billing yourself as a family club
2) debating an allegedly sectarian assault by a "fan" on an opposing team's manager
3) tax crimes

There you have it folks.

They shall not be missed by the good people of Edinburgh.

Seveno
07-02-2012, 07:19 PM
They have the nerve to market themselves as 'The heart and soul of Edinburgh'. They bring nothing but shame and disgrace on our city.

The sooner they are Heart of West Lothian the better.

HibeeMassive
07-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I gave heard Spartans want money upfront so this maybe a no goer for them.

Hertz offered free tickets and memorabilia, strips etc, that Spartans could use for fundraising events. Spartans were considering it, but decided better of it.

The last I heard they have been offered use of the facilities, but in return for cash only..

Also heard (although through the grapevine rather then from the horses mouth) that Spartans had to pay for a referee on behalf of Hearts following a bounce game held there a couple of weeks back.

And they have the cheek to call us Hobos :)

heartbreaker
07-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Both Rangers and Hearts are being run at public expense so there is surely a case to be made by other clubs that inflated salaries at taxpayer expense is an illicit advantage in trading.

EG Rangers are in reality paying public money in wages but will qualify for Europe.....this is outrageous state subsidy preventing legitimately run businesses qualifying for potentially lucrative events.

DCI Gene Hunt
07-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Zzzzzz :zzzzz!: Another day, another tale of woe from the manky mob in the Gorgie Slums for the umpteenth time. Tsar Vlad fails to pay the bills again. I'm sure they'll wriggle out of it as the always do (gits) but you never know. One day :pray:

What's the Manks' verdict over on Keechback? Meedja Monkeys Conspiracy? I agree HibeeMassive, we all know who the real Hobos are!:titanic:

Gene

proud_and_green
07-02-2012, 08:12 PM
You know what gets me?

Absolutely spot on. Dead easy not to pay invoices, tax bills, wages etc and ignore the consequences on everybody else in the chain. It may though be what big teams do but not Honest businesses. I worked in bankruptcy administration years ago and many cases i dealt with were part of a long chain of late/non settlement of invoices causing knock-on non-payment. In the circumstances described in this thread and above Hearts are the start of the debt chain and will, by their selfish (at best) if not criminal irresponsibility, cause considerable distress to many people, businesses and jobs. The impact on whole communities and real people is not at all funny and they should be called to account for it.

Andy74
07-02-2012, 08:14 PM
They have the nerve to market themselves as 'The heart and soul of Edinburgh'. They bring nothing but shame and disgrace on our city.

The sooner they are Heart of West Lothian the better.

Not wanted out here either thanks!

Saorsa
07-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Not wanted out here either thanks!They could give a much needed boost tae the local economy? Just think about all the money Vlad has invested and how it has helped businesses in the city :hilarious

Jonnyboy
07-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Big Billy "Thay tax gadges are pickin oan the Gers"

Billy's Jambo cousin, appropriately known as Wee Billy "N' the Hertz n'aw"

Big Billy "Ye ken a gadge oan Follow Follow fun oot thit HMRC stands for "Horrible Moneygrabbin' Roman Catholics eh?"

Wee Billy "Disnae surprise ehs like"

Saorsa
07-02-2012, 08:20 PM

Big Billy "Ye ken a gadge oan Follow Follow fun oot thit HMRC stands for "Horrible Moneygrabbin' Roman Catholics eh?"

Wee Billy "Disnae surprise ehs like":greengrin

Andy74
Do they all still sing God Save the Queen with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs on their case??

DCI Gene Hunt

Wee Billy "Disnae surprise ehs like"

LOL. :faf: Cheered my night right up that!

greenginger
07-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Heart's owners UBIG sold 33million shares it held through its subsidury UBIGM , in Ukio Bankas . Vlad bought the shares (who else would ) but at 15 pence a share put about £5 million into UBIG'S coffers.

That's probably enough to pay Hearts bills for now as long as the basketball team don't need too much funding as well. So not holding out too much hope for a real crisis at the PBS this month.

Fat Penlon
07-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Heart's owners UBIG sold 33million shares it held through its subsidury UBIGM , in Ukio Bankas . Vlad bought the shares (who else would ) but at 15 pence a share put about £5 million into UBIG'S coffers.

That's probably enough to pay Hearts bills for now as long as the basketball team don't need too much funding as well. So not holding out too much hope for a real crisis at the PBS this month.

Why is he still throwing money away?

DCI Gene Hunt
07-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Hmm, well did he not say along the lines that he was giving the tramps not a penny more as it be like flinging folding £50 notes down the chod bin? :cb

greenginger
07-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Administration would be the end of his " £ 50 million " valued asset which props up all the borrowing UBIG have taken out to fund their assault on the Champions League.

Also administration/liquidation would allow nasty nosey accountants to see the REAL finances of HOMFC.

Vlads best bet would be to allow the club to survive on a bare minimum of wages and making them service the debts that have been run up.

Kaiser1962
08-02-2012, 07:36 AM
This may, or may not, be relevant. :cb

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4115678/Jambos-fear-as-Vlads-two-other-teams-sink.html

It would appear that Vlad has withdrawn all funding from Kaunus and Partizan Minsk resulting in them withdrawing from their leagues.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2012, 07:42 AM
If only Hertz were as easy to wind up as some folk here!

Lofarl
08-02-2012, 07:44 AM
Hibs to win the holy grail and Hearts and Rangers go bust...........If Carlsberg did seasons.

Kaiser1962
08-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Administration would be the end of his " £ 50 million " valued asset which props up all the borrowing UBIG have taken out to fund their assault on the Champions League.

Also administration/liquidation would allow nasty nosey accountants to see the REAL finances of HOMFC.

Vlads best bet would be to allow the club to survive on a bare minimum of wages and making them service the debts that have been run up.

If he is to retain any sort of control over the situation this would appear to be his only option.

bingo70
08-02-2012, 08:24 AM
If he is to retain any sort of control over the situation this would appear to be his only option.

Even if they tried this though I'm not sure it'd work, even if they cut their wages right back the team on the park would be pish so there income would drop. Imo there's no way that debt will ever be able to be paid, its just too big for a club of hearts size

Kaiser1962
08-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Even if they tried this though I'm not sure it'd work, even if they cut their wages right back the team on the park would be pish so there income would drop. Imo there's no way that debt will ever be able to be paid, its just too big for a club of hearts size

Very little possibility of that but that could be said of most, if not all, football clubs. However if Vlad intends to recover any money at all he has to keep the train wreck running, stay in control, run on a shoestring and milk it dry for as long as the deluded wallopers are prepared to pay. Then when they have had enough, some time away, he offloads it.

IMO that is the only way he will get any part of his (his customers) outlay back. The key element here is that Vlad retains control which means robustly avoiding any attempts by a third party to invoke administration/liquidation legislation.

We shall have to wait and see what transpires.

Seveno
08-02-2012, 12:57 PM
This may, or may not, be relevant. :cb

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4115678/Jambos-fear-as-Vlads-two-other-teams-sink.html

It would appear that Vlad has withdrawn all funding from Kaunus and Partizan Minsk resulting in them withdrawing from their leagues.

Quote from Vlad :

Actually, I'm not really even sure what there is to sell because the responsibility for these matters lies with Sergejus Fedotovas."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4115678/Jambos-fear-as-Vlads-two-other-teams-sink.html#ixzz1lnKRxvmL

Classic stuff.

Twa Cairpets
08-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote from Vlad :

Actually, I'm not really even sure what there is to sell because the responsibility for these matters lies with Sergejus Fedotovas."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4115678/Jambos-fear-as-Vlads-two-other-teams-sink.html#ixzz1lnKRxvmL

Classic stuff.

Yet he tells Captain Cardigan not to play Kello. So he doesnt know anythign about whats to sell but does know about not selling Kello. Forgetful or a liar. You choose

Seveno
08-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Yet he tells Captain Cardigan not to play Kello. So he doesnt know anythign about whats to sell but does know about not selling Kello. Forgetful or a liar. You choose

Just a touch of the Rednapp syndrome. Too much money to keep track of, and he's not a very good businessman anyway. Just as well he didnt name his football club after his dog !

Godsahibby
08-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Apologies if this has been posted before but I have just read the attached on the BBC site about Pompey.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16710949

Might help people understand Hearts position a bit better, just substitute the word Pompey for Yams!!

Andy74
08-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Apologies if this has been posted before but I have just read the attached on the BBC site about Pompey.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16710949

Might help people understand Hearts position a bit better, just substitute the word Pompey for Yams!!

I'd bet that in terms of turover to debt level and also annual losses Hearts are in a far sorrier state than Portsmouth.