PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Shiels' DVD analysis re Stack...

3pm
07-02-2012, 07:01 AM
'We did DVD analysis and their goalkeeper was on the ball for 7 minutes and 25 minutes'.

Get over it ya slavering erse.

Jack
07-02-2012, 07:09 AM
'We did DVD analysis and their goalkeeper was on the ball for 7 minutes and 25 minutes'.

And at no moment during that time did he have to waste any of it picking the ball out the back of the net :-)

Well played Stacky :-D

DaveF
07-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Bore off Shiels.

Did you analyse the Dayton dive while you were at it?

Walter
07-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Sounds like Stacky should be taking that as a compliment if you ask me!

GIRUY (K) Shiels!

Jay
07-02-2012, 07:15 AM
The man has serious issues :rolleyes:

bingo70
07-02-2012, 07:18 AM
So his team had around 82 minutes to score a goal and they weren't even able to create a meaningfull chance in a cup game they had so much of the ball in?

Jim44
07-02-2012, 07:24 AM
So his team had around 82 minutes to score a goal and they weren't even able to create a meaningfull chance in a cup game they had so much of the ball in?

He is still ranting on about it this morning. He claims he is too honest for his own good.

truehibernian
07-02-2012, 07:28 AM
This could go two ways however. Referees will either not take kindly to Shiels trying to ref the game for them post match and revert to type. Or they will make an example of someone to try and appease. Be very interesting to see how tonights game goes.....if I were Jim McIntyre I would be telling my keeper to be mindful and not give the ref any opportunity to give a free kick. Wouldn't want to be the fourth official tonight either.

As someone said above, is he going to punish Dayton and their centre forward (leaving a leg in with Ozzy trying to con ref) for diving, and is he going to ask for a retrospective red card for Nelson after his verbal abuse towards Brines immediately after his booking ? Maybe also give his view of the disallowed goal that should have stood.

Maybe it's just me but I think Shiels revels in this 'no one likes me, I don't care' persona.......it will do more harm than good, both for him and his team. His team play good football, he should be concentrating on their positives, not other teams and their styles. And a nicer laddie you wouldn't meet in his son too.

He should maybe watch Killie's last game of the season v Falkirk under Jimmy Calderwood and see how many minutes Killie time wasted that day too :wink: Methinks they wouldn't be in the SPL had they not done so. It's part n parcel of the game the world over mate.

Jim44
07-02-2012, 07:36 AM
The perverse part of me would like to see Dunfermline stuff them tonight but no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.

easty
07-02-2012, 07:44 AM
So when he's giving his "honest, accurate" opinions on the game that's fine but when we give our honest and accurate account of him being a slavering eejit, he gets all upset about it.

Make up your mind KS! Are people entitled to vent their opinions or is it just you?

essexhibee
07-02-2012, 08:15 AM
According to Sir Shiels they ran the game for 75 minutes.... :rolleyes:

Golden Bear
07-02-2012, 08:18 AM
What a pathetic man.

Juice-Terry
07-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Whatever might be said about Kenny Sheils I think Stack should be careful about how long he holds on to the ball. I know refs hardly ever punish those things these days, but Stack was holding on to the ball WAY over six seconds several times. Better safe than sorry anyway....
:flag:

StevieC
07-02-2012, 08:25 AM
'We did DVD analysis and their goalkeeper was on the ball for 7 minutes and 25 seconds.

Guaranteed that that time will include goal kicks and free kicks as well, because there was only 5 or 6 times they were whinging to the ref about him holding on to the ball (ie less than a minute). If it includes goal kicks (which it surely must) then surely he needs to take a good look at his strikers wasting time rather than Stack??

Saorsa
07-02-2012, 08:26 AM

Get over it ya slavering erse.What a saddo he is. Still on the sour grapes :agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/sourgrapes.jpg

hibsbollah
07-02-2012, 08:31 AM
We had a perefectly good goal disallowed,Nelson should have walked for that red mist tackle and losing the head afterwards. We should have been 2-0 up playing ten men. In comparison, the Stack timewasting is a minor issue.

He should be thanking the ref for keeping them in the game.

StevieC
07-02-2012, 08:34 AM

I think what he actually said was that they were the better team for the last 75 minutes which, taken away from his other pathetic whines, might actually have been a possibility.

However, spouting the other nonesense lost him all credibility for anything he might have said.

Pretty Boy
07-02-2012, 08:35 AM

Based on that plum analysis that Stack held the ball for almost 8 minutes and they bossed the game for 75 that must mean Hibs were only on top for 7 minutes.

And they still couldn't beat us. Based on that if i were Mr Shiels I'd be more concerned about my own team than what Hibs were doing

Kaiser_Sauzee
07-02-2012, 08:42 AM
I think what he actually said was that they were the better team for the last 75 minutes which, taken away from his other pathetic whines, might actually have been a possibility.

However, spouting the other nonesense lost him all credibility for anything he might have said.

:agree:

Anyone who actually went to the game could see that Killie bossed us for most of that second half. We couldn't keep a hold of the ball going forward.

down-the-slope
07-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Much as we all like keep ball pretty football....its hitting the net that gets points..

Under TM we were often guilty of trying to pass it into the net in games we dominated...only to get hit with a sucker punch...

On Saturday we were great for 15/20 mins..then it was even for 10/15 mins then we sat back..allowed then to have the ball deep in their own half and only close when they got to half way...we were effective in that...their chosen way of passing until they got an opening on the flank to get behind and cross only worked once in 90 mins due to way our FB's and wide players marked and tracked...

2 weeks ago in that senario we would have lost at least 3 goals...so Sheils plan was out of date...stop whinging and get on with.

for us i would hope our midfield can hold the ball and take the pressure off more in the coming weeks and open up more oppertunities for the forwards...

bat all in all way better than a few weeks ago....

PeeKay
07-02-2012, 08:52 AM
It's a sad thought really. KS sitting in front of a screen with a stop-watch timing each time Stack has the ball in his hands. Makes him appear even more pathetic.

Aldo
07-02-2012, 08:55 AM
In a word

Bah ****** humbug Kenny Shiels.

You can have the ball for 89 and a half minutes as long as in that 30 seconds we have the ball, we score and win.

He should concentrate on his own teams inability to score or do it in the final 3rd.

Beefster
07-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Shiels - get it right roond ye, ya whining trumpet. We're still in the cup and you're no'.

big-mo
07-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Killie/Shiels, may be correct in thinking that Stack held onto the ball for too long, however I see no mention by them of the perfectly good goal that was disallowed, the two 'dives' by his players, one inside the box and one just outside (see below), and also the pass back late in the game that ref did not pick up on. Shiels get over it, your team was not good enough on the day and you are out the cup.

As posted on another thread -

"Anyone can request the Compliance Officer to review an incident in a game. After watching, what looked like a clear case of simulation when Dayton 'dived' to try and obtain a penalty, ( clearly seen and commented on in Match Acton clip on the official club web-site, http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html).

I suggest that Mr Lunny, the CO receives a number of e-mails pointing out this incident. IIRC he must be informed within three day's of the incident, that is today. I would hope that any emails sent to info@scottishfa.co.uk would be passed on to Mr Lunny. It is often pointed out that this type of retrospective action does not help their opponents; but in this case it might because depending on the number of points Dayton already has accrued, he may be heading for a three match ban and Killie are due to play us again in three games time."

I have now received a reply from the SFA saying that my mail has been passed on, I think a few more would not go amiss. Get e-mailing.

Hibees07
07-02-2012, 09:29 AM
I haven't read the story but did Mr Shiels' mention how long the Killie Keeper had the ball in his posession?.

I would imagine that if he calculated it on the same basis that he did for Stack there would be little difference.

hibs0666
07-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Killie/Shiels, may be correct in thinking that Stack held onto the ball for too long, however I see no mention by them of the perfectly good goal that was disallowed, the two 'dives' by his players, one inside the box and one just outside (see below), and also the pass back late in the game that ref did not pick up on. Shiels get over it, your team was not good enough on the day and you are out the cup.

As posted on another thread -

"Anyone can request the Compliance Officer to review an incident in a game. After watching, what looked like a clear case of simulation when Dayton 'dived' to try and obtain a penalty, ( clearly seen and commented on in Match Acton clip on the official club web-site, http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html).

I suggest that Mr Lunny, the CO receives a number of e-mails pointing out this incident. IIRC he must be informed within three day's of the incident, that is today. I would hope that any emails sent to info@scottishfa.co.uk would be passed on to Mr Lunny. It is often pointed out that this type of retrospective action does not help their opponents; but in this case it might because depending on the number of points Dayton already has accrued, he may be heading for a three match ban and Killie are due to play us again in three games time."

I have now received a reply from the SFA saying that my mail has been passed on, I think a few more would not go amiss. Get e-mailing.

It's only a game.

Lago
07-02-2012, 10:41 AM

Well I'd bet most of us are praying they put the ball in the net tonight., at least 1 more time than Dunfy.

shagpile
07-02-2012, 11:14 AM
:agree:

Anyone who actually went to the game could see that Killie bossed us for most of that second half. We couldn't keep a hold of the ball going forward.

45 minutes. Still leaves 30 unaccounted for.

AlbertK86
07-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Wot a sad barsteward ! Should be analysing how his team could have put the ball in the net!!

Does he think this analysis will get the result altered !!

GIRFUY Shiels

GGTTH

Dinkydoo
07-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Oh be quiet KS, who exactly do you think you are, Neil Lennon?

You have a long way to go to top trump him in the "oh look at me" stakes.

We won so get over it, focus on your next game ffs. :na na:

Albion Hibs
07-02-2012, 11:43 AM

I am no expert statistics analysist Kenny, so to the public you have missed they key point in the above....how long would a keeper typically be on the ball for?

Without that information surely all the above says is that he is obsessed with watching Stack.

Twa Cairpets
07-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Lets say there were 10 occasions (almost certainly a gross exagerration) when Stack held onto the ball for double the legal time (again almost certainly a gross exaggeration). That would be exactly 1 minute "unfair" time he had the ball. Hardly significant is it Shiels ya whinging, graceless bawbag.

I was wondering more where the 4 1/2 mins stoppage time came from myself.

Wotherspiniesta
07-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Am I missing something here?

As far as I'm aware the keeper is allowed to keep the ball in his hands for 7 seconds. As long as Stack has the ball at his feet, he can have the ball as long as he bloody well wants.

Get over it Shiels, ya trumpet.

craig1989
07-02-2012, 01:01 PM
I am no expert statistics analysist Kenny, so to the public you have missed they key point in the above....how long would a keeper typically be on the ball for?

Without that information surely all the above says is that he is obsessed with watching Stack.

I read somewhere that in an average football match the ball is only ever 'live' for between 45 and 60mins. The rest of the time is delays for corners, throw ins, subs, free kicks, by kicks, bookings etc.

So considering the amount of goal kicks and free kicks he took for Killie being offside etc I would think he was on the ball for the usual amount of time.

They also got a couple of mins at end of first half and five minutes stoppage at the end, so theres your 7mins back!!!!

HibbyAndy
07-02-2012, 01:34 PM
The guy has just made a rod for his own back.IF for in the foreseeable future his team are winning at say parkhead with 5 minutes to go its inevitable the keeper will hold the ball an extra second or two to kill time and he will be slaughtered by all and sundry for being 2 faced.

I actually used to like the guy as he was Deano's dad, Now he is just an auld bitter and twisted barsteward.

ancient hibee
07-02-2012, 02:02 PM
The Alex Salmond of Scottish football-mistakes opinions for facts.

Kojock
07-02-2012, 02:28 PM
'We did DVD analysis and their goalkeeper was on the ball for 7 minutes and 25 minutes'.Get over it ya slavering erse.

No wonder Sheils is upset if Stack held onto the ball for 32 minutes:na na:

Bostonhibby
07-02-2012, 05:00 PM

:thumbsup: Aye cheers Kenny, thanks for the analysis, we'll switch Stack to Centre Midfield if he can hold onto it for that long. :greengrin Erse.

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm going to buck the trend and say 'well done Kenny Shiels' and invite him to my birthday party. I'll be showing vids of Hibs-Killie in the cup.

matty_f
07-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Saying that Stack had the ball for 7 minutes proves nothing. He could have been on the ball frequently for short periods, or had the ball at his feet for a while.
Shiels should just give it a rest. You're out Kenny, get over it.

3pm
07-02-2012, 05:32 PM
No wonder Sheils is upset if Stack held onto the ball for 32 minutes:na na:

Ha Ha! Never noticed!!

S.sct
07-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Still going on about it is a bit daft but to be honest the guy was perfectly correct in his assessment of the game. Stack did waste time and they did dominate for 75 minutes. Apart from his woe is me approach I have no problem with his post match comments.

Hibee Hibernian
07-02-2012, 06:54 PM
On BBC sportsound tonight KENNY said Hibs keeper STACK held the ball in his hands for a full 19 secs at one time, and in total had the ball for 7 minutes 25 seconds during the game, is this guy a nutter.:flag:

Saorsa
07-02-2012, 06:56 PM
On BBC sportsound tonight KENNY said Hibs keeper STACK held the ball in his hands for a full 19 secs at one time, and in total had the ball for 7 minutes 25 seconds during the game, is this guy a nutter.:flag:He's getting very boring now :yawn:

http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/composition/19716661/view/1/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/280/height/280/change-the-record-slim-fit_design.png

Shiels, yer oot, get over it :bye:

Westie1875
07-02-2012, 06:59 PM
He is like a broken record, so what if Stack was clever and wasted a little bit of time. Every team does it, I am delighted to see Hibs finally get in on the act instead of being naive. Nae luck Kenny, you lost cos your team were more concerned with playing tippy tappy between the back 4 and midfield than sticking the ball in the net, get over it. :na na:

DCI Gene Hunt
07-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Any respect I once had for Kenny Shiels is rapidly waning as it becomes increasingly obvious that this lad has a bit of a nasty habit of coming out with twattish comments.

He comes across as being nothing more than a bad loser. His team wasn't good enough to win, end of, were he a mature individual he would accept that and deal with it, rather than mumping and bitching like some sort of wee jessie who flings a tantrum every time his team gets beat.

Gene

weecounty hibby
07-02-2012, 07:02 PM
He is actually worse tha Fat Jim Knew when his team loses. He is utterly ungracious no matter what and even when he wins he come s across as an absolute tit. Some of the comments after the Ayr cup tie were laughable and he takes himself too seriously in his role of crusader for fabulous attacking football

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
I cannae stand the guy, but, Bill Leckie was having a go at Shiels in The Sun yesterday saying maybe its time to look a bit closer to home when results go against him instead of blaming everyone else.

He has a point!

Jonnyboy
07-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Still going on about it is a bit daft but to be honest the guy was perfectly correct in his assessment of the game. Stack did waste time and they did dominate for 75 minutes. Apart from his woe is me approach I have no problem with his post match comments.

Depends on your definition of 'dominate' I guess. Beeb stats were 55/45 in favour of Killie which is hardly dominant. Yes they had the ball a lot but if you speak nicely to Kenny Shiels he'll show you the DVD that proves a lot of their possession was in their own half :wink:

As to his comments re Stack I reckon Matty and others have hit the nail on the head when saying that a lot of his possession was having the ball at his feet and not in his hands.

Truth be told I think Hibs should be telling Killie they are not amused by their Managers' ranting

DCI Gene Hunt
07-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Depends on your definition of 'dominate' I guess. Beeb stats were 55/45 in favour of Killie which is hardly dominant. Yes they had the ball a lot but if you speak nicely to Kenny Shiels he'll show you the DVD that proves a lot of their possession was in their own half :wink:

As to his comments re Stack I reckon Matty and others have hit the nail on the head when saying that a lot of his possession was having the ball at his feet and not in his hands.

Truth be told I think Hibs should be telling Killie they are not amused by their Managers' ranting

True, but then the best way to respond to an idiot is just to ignore them. They eventually self-combust in their own fury or get fed up and go away. :agree:

vanNISHtelroy
07-02-2012, 07:24 PM
How many threads do you need about Kenny? :wink:

CmoantheHibs
07-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Whilst I cannot agrue with him about the length of time he says Stacky held onto the ball(Im not sad enough to watch a dvd with a stopwatch like he is)he convieniently forgets other points.He can have his indirect free kick for Stacky holding onto the ball too long but if we are giving him it then we will have our goal that was wrongly chopped off back.Lets see you get 2 goals from yer free kick Kenny.:wink:He would also have his 2 players booked for diving.Sounds fair to me.

Jonnyboy
07-02-2012, 07:25 PM

Depends how much pish he slavers :greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
07-02-2012, 07:27 PM
:top marks

Is it not about the exact same stuff as last time though?

Agree re: the look closer to home etc by the way.

jdships
07-02-2012, 07:48 PM

:top marks
guy is more to be laughed at than pitied :greengrin

Prof. Shaggy
07-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Next time Stack holds on to the ball for 6.5 seconds he WILL be pulled up for it.

greenlex
07-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Next time Stack holds on to the ball for 6.5 seconds he WILL be pulled up for it.
It'll no be from a cross.

Sas_The_Hibby
07-02-2012, 08:25 PM

:greengrin

I don't care what Sheils thinks but Stack is dicing with death (though probably not literally :greengrin). I wouldn't have thought it clever time wasting if he'd given away a free kick in our box. And yes, I did time the one on Sportscene and yes, it was 19 seconds......

..........okay, maybe 18! :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
07-02-2012, 08:27 PM

:agree: He generally goes for the punch.

BEEJ
07-02-2012, 08:28 PM
:greengrin He is, though, very quickly developing a reputation for being ungracious in defeat.

Even in his pre-match preamble for tonight he declares that Dunfermline beat Killie convincingly a few weeks back because ...

"It wasn't a day for football and they played the conditions better than we did."

He does seem to see himself as some sort of emissary sent by the footballing Gods to restore the beautiful game to the SPL and to an unwilling Scottish public.

snooky
07-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Anagram corner ......
Shiels = :shhhsh!: sh ... lies

vanNISHtelroy
07-02-2012, 08:42 PM
:greengrin He is, though, very quickly developing a reputation for being ungracious in defeat.

Even in his pre-match preamble for tonight he declares that Dunfermline beat Killie convincingly a few weeks back because ...

"It wasn't a day for football and they played the conditions better than we did."

He does seem to see himself as some sort of emissary sent by the footballing Gods to restore the beautiful game to the SPL and to an unwilling Scottish public.

Did you see the highlights from that game? The pitch at RP was a disgrace! But to be fair it didn't disrupt Dunfermline's passing as much as it disrupted us and they fully deserved the win (although our defence was crap and neither of the centre backs played in the following games against A$r, yous or tonight)

Part/Time Supporter
07-02-2012, 08:46 PM

That's pretty much how the rest of the SPL saw Tony Mowbray when he was at Hibs.

:duck:

hhibs
07-02-2012, 08:48 PM

Sorry, thought this was a Hibs football forum.Keep your political comments out of it !

Many Thanks
GGTTH

ian cruise
07-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Guy is slavering, but he is just looking after his team and his job. I disagree with what he is saying but I understand why he is saying it. if he can convince his team they are playing well and are just being unlucky then hopefully from his point of view, confidence will remain high and results will improve.

Baldy Foghorn
07-02-2012, 09:00 PM
On BBC sportsound tonight KENNY said Hibs keeper STACK held the ball in his hands for a full 19 secs at one time, and in total had the ball for 7 minutes 25 seconds during the game, is this guy a nutter.:flag:

Stop worrying about Stack holding the ball Kenny, you should be more ashamed of a least 3 blatant dives around our box by your players, ungracious balloon........

One Day Soon
07-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Sorry, thought this was a Hibs football forum.Keep your political comments out of it !

Many Thanks
GGTTH

You're new here aren't you?

DCI Gene Hunt
07-02-2012, 09:22 PM

Lol - Nothing truer. Lol

Alex Trager
07-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Kenny Shiels plays the hard luck victim card everytime things go against the only one to ever play the passing game ;)

essexhibee
07-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Shiels = Arse.

Simples.

Pete
08-02-2012, 05:00 AM
I think he has been getting unjust criticism from the killie faithful of late. I think he's had to come out fighting to maintain his reputation and make sure people know that his team done their best and it was "other factors" that put them out.

I like Kenny Sheils and the way he has Killie playing and feel sad that he had to do this. It's obvious he was under pressure because they have had some ropey results of late but look at their players....I would take four or five of them at the drop of a hat!

Their fans are out of order. I hope they get their League cup win but they should be grateful for what they have.

PeeKay
08-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Maybe if KS had spent the time analysing the DVD to identify his own team's weaknesses they would have been better prepared for the game last night. A draw with the team that's bottom of the league, and beaten in the cup by the second bottom team, all in the space of 4 days. See a worrying trend Kenny?

vanNISHtelroy
08-02-2012, 08:20 AM
I think he has been getting unjust criticism from the killie faithful of late. I think he's had to come out fighting to maintain his reputation and make sure people know that his team done their best and it was "other factors" that put them out.

I like Kenny Sheils and the way he has Killie playing and feel sad that he had to do this. It's obvious he was under pressure because they have had some ropey results of late but look at their players....I would take four or five of them at the drop of a hat!

Their fans are out of order. I hope they get their League cup win but they should be grateful for what they have.

Not sure I entirely agree with this tbh. He's been well liked by the Killie fans for continuing the exciting attacking football that Mixu introduced, especially after watching JJ teams! People do think that he does need to get the players to just boot the ball to **** when the situation needs it rather than trying to stick to the philosophy even if it will cost you goals.

He's also getting credit for some of the players that he has brought in and for getting rid of the mistakes that he's made rather than sticking by them at any cost!

I hope we get our League Cup win too, like I hope this is your year for the Scottish Cup now we are out of it. Our teams have waited too long for these trophies!

JimBHibees
08-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Personally thought he had a point about Stack as he did hold onto the ball alot however it is up to the ref to sort that out and tell him to speed up. Killie did get 4 mins at the end of the game which at the time I thought was more than was due and ironically when they looked most dangerous however he doesnt help himself by going on about it.

Actually think he has been good for Scottish football and his team play a watchable style of football.

hughio
08-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Personally thought he had a point about Stack as he did hold onto the ball alot however it is up to the ref to sort that out and tell him to speed up. Killie did get 4 mins at the end of the game which at the time I thought was more than was due and ironically when they looked most dangerous however he doesnt help himself by going on about it.

Actually think he has been good for Scottish football and his team play a watchable style of football.

I agree.

We don't need that cheating type mentality anyway.Stack should just get on with the game.He was slowing it down even in the furst half! and 7 mins is a long time on any view.

Shields is entitkled to make that point.

GGTTH

JimBHibees
08-02-2012, 09:54 AM
I agree.

We don't need that cheating type mentality anyway.Stack should just get on with the game.He was slowing it down even in the furst half! and 7 mins is a long time on any view.

Shields is entitkled to make that point.

GGTTH

Just to clarify I think Shiels had a point however it is completely up to the ref to sort that out. I actually quite liked that Hibs appeared to be a bit cleverer than we have been in the past. We were 1-0 up in an important cup tie and to me it was good to see the team slowing the game down to suit us.