PDA

View Full Version : Doherty to CH and Francomb to RB...

Amit
06-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Assume this is what we'll do for this Saturday's game given Doherty can also play CH.

Maybe a new player at CH too? (Canadian Trialist? Nana Attakora)

And then obviously GRC at left back..... :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Assume this is what we'll do for this Saturday's game given Doherty can also play CH.

I think you assumption is incorrect, Doherty will remain at RB and the CB's will be either Murray,Stephens, O'Hanlon :agree:

brydekirk
07-02-2012, 12:09 AM

And then obviously GRC at left back.....
:greengrin

Heard this guy mentioned before, not sure he was a free agent though.

john18722
07-02-2012, 06:56 AM
O'hanlon hopefully never plays for Hibs again as he is truly awful

7Hero
07-02-2012, 07:26 AM
I've not seen francomb yet is he any good ?

is mcpake suspended then ? thats a blow if he is...

essexhibee
07-02-2012, 07:31 AM
I've not seen francomb yet is he any good ?

is mcpake suspended then ? thats a blow if he is...

Yes McPake suspended. Id go as far to say we will lose the game if OHanlon plays the guy is an embarrassment.

MB62
07-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Yes McPake suspended. Id go as far to say we will lose the game if OHanlon plays the guy is an embarrassment.

My hope is that, the enthusiasm and will to win that new guys seemed to show on Saturday, will rub off on the rest of the guys and make them a bit better.
Fingers crossed.

Tha Cabbage Kid
07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
is murray fit?

down-the-slope
07-02-2012, 09:25 AM
I think that Francome will be RB / Docherty CH...and then PF will look for the experienced leader to captain things....although Murray is almost finished....at CH his reading of the game means he is not as exposed as hes looked in the middle...hopefully he might be fit enough..

Also a full week to work with the players and the possibility of Claros hoding the Midfield...and the new players not playing under the cloud of fear / booing that seems to have dented the confidence of so many.....will all be real positives ....

offshorehibby
07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
I think that Francome will be RB / Docherty CH...and then PF will look for the experienced leader to captain things....although Murray is almost finished....at CH his reading of the game means he is not as exposed as hes looked in the middle...hopefully he might be fit enough..

Also a full week to work with the players and the possibility of Claros hoding the Midfield...and the new players not playing under the cloud of fear / booing that seems to have dented the confidence of so many.....will all be real positives ....

The disturbing thing for me listening ti PF's interview was that Carlos is still in Paris. We are still waiting for clearance. I'd have thought even waiting for clearance he would have been in Edinburgh training with the squad.

Peevemor
07-02-2012, 09:45 AM
The disturbing thing for me listening ti PF's interview was that Carlos is still in Paris. We are still waiting for clearance. I'd have thought even waiting for clearance he would have been in Edinburgh training with the squad.

Depending on the country involved, it's often the case that you have to be there in person for things like visas and work permits I'm sure PF wouldn't let him dick about in Paris if it wasn't necessary

Peevemor
07-02-2012, 09:47 AM
My hope is that, the enthusiasm and will to win that new guys seemed to show on Saturday, will rub off on the rest of the guys and make them a bit better.
Fingers crossed.

:agree: Watching McPake at the final whistle on Saturday, you'd think he'd won the cup with his boyhood idols.

Franck is God
07-02-2012, 12:35 PM
I think Francome will come in at right back, Doherty to centre half and I also think that Stephens will get the nod ahead of O'Hanlon to play at centre half.

McPake and Hanlon were excellent together on Saturday but they had excellent support from the full back areas and defensive midfield for probably the first time this season. If whoever ends up playing there on Saturday has the same level of play around them hopefully we will see the best out of them too.

Judas Iscariot
07-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I have this horrible feeling that O'Hanlon will play on Saturday..

A back 4 of Francombe, Doherty, Stephens and Kujabi is massively inexperienced...

That may sway PF's thinking :hmmm:

Seveno
07-02-2012, 01:09 PM
I think Francome will come in at right back, Doherty to centre half and I also think that Stephens will get the nod ahead of O'Hanlon to play at centre half.

McPake and Hanlon were excellent together on Saturday but they had excellent support from the full back areas and defensive midfield for probably the first time this season. If whoever ends up playing there on Saturday has the same level of play around them hopefully we will see the best out of them too.

I think you are spot on. Defence is much more than just the back four and we need the midfield to track back and stop our defence being flooded by the opposition.

I agree with your choice in the centre as well. Please no O'Hanlon.

Easter Road X1
07-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Doherty is hell of a better right back than Centre Back and I thinks he needs to stay at right back.

greenlex
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
If O'Hanlon is the preferred choice its important that we the fans get right behind him IMO.

Bostonhibby
07-02-2012, 07:09 PM

A back 4 of Francombe, Doherty, Stephens and Kujabi is massively inexperienced...

Hear what you're saying but I am not sure that O'Hanlon's experience or experiences wi us is what we are looking for wi that back 4, not sure having been in the position for a long time is neccessarily enough where O'hanlon is concerned, I'd go for Murray if anywhere near fit.

Seveno
07-02-2012, 07:30 PM

Having experienced the ' O'Hanlon Experience ', I don't want to experience it again.

Saorsa
07-02-2012, 07:34 PM

That may sway PF's thinking :hmmm:I hope you're wrong, think I'd prefer the inexperience tae the O'Hanlon experience.

At The Edge
07-02-2012, 07:42 PM
What could happen if O'Hanlon plays is that Doherty gets dragged out of position trying to cover for O'Hanlon as his positional sense as we all know is ropey to say the least.
Francomb, Doherty, Stephens, oooh Kujabi for me
:pfgwa

Bigbobajob
07-02-2012, 07:51 PM

I think your bang on with your assumption.

sparkiedelpaco7
08-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Stack

Francomb Doherty Murray Kujabi

Wotherspoon Soares Claros Booth

O'Donovan Doyle

Judas Iscariot
08-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Hear what you're saying but I am not sure that O'Hanlon's experience or experiences wi us is what we are looking for wi that back 4, not sure having been in the position for a long time is neccessarily enough where O'hanlon is concerned, I'd go for Murray if anywhere near fit.

Having experienced the ' O'Hanlon Experience ', I don't want to experience it again.

I hope you're wrong, think I'd prefer the inexperience tae the O'Hanlon experience.

I agree with all of you :aok:

Golden Bear
08-02-2012, 12:02 PM
It's too much of a gamble to play Ian Murray at centre half.

For a start, he'll be lacking match fitness and secondly he's not exactly commanding in the air and seems unable to judge the flight of the ball.

My preferred choice would be Doherty and Stephens.

truehibernian
08-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Wee bit perplexed as to why O'Hanlon is getting so much stick for his form. Admittedly, he has made errors and of course the central defensive area has been ridden with mistakes. But O'Hanlon for me isn't that poor a player. If you look at the goals against Cowdenbeath for example, those that say he was turned easily, look at the cheap possession that we gave away beforehand. Hanlon skewed a clearance straight to Colin Cameron, out of position, leaving O'Hanlon a wee bit exposed when the ball came in. The second goal was great skill, but the midfield lost the ball. The back header against Rangers was weak, but it made the keeper.....it was Brown who sclaffed his attempted clearance against McPake......for me the media made O'Hanlon look the fall guy when if you examine it closely, Mark Brown could have cleared it much much better. Other goals we have conceded, where he has been labelled at fault, have more often than not been balls in from the wide area where Stack hasn't come, and/or the right back hasn't tracked his runner at the back post area.

Not the greatest centre half I admit, but I would start him on Saturday. With better midfield options open to us now, in an attacking sense, hopefully if we retain possession and play further up the pitch, the less pressure we put on our defence. The new full backs like to get forward and look comfy on the ball, which is also a real positive for the back four. How often did you see Booth and Hart (or Palsson) get the ball and wince sometimes when they played around with it at the back......not a slight on Booth, but his mistakes this season have been cruelly punished. If Doherty feels comfy at centre half, then Francomb looks composed and decent on the ball at right back. Have O'Hanlon and Doherty in the middle with wee Bobby Carlos left back. Claros if fit will come in for Stevenson IMHO. The bonus about Doherty is that he is quick, which could be a blessing if little errors are made at the back centrally. Again, how often is our heart in ur mouth when a ball is played over the top and Hanlon or Stephens are 1 v 1 on a striker in a foot race ?

I'd like the McPake/Hanlon partnership to develop and be given games. I's also like Paul Hanlon to bulk up and work on his speed. But for this weekend it has to be Sean O'Hanlon and Matt Doherty centrally.

Biscuit
08-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Wee bit perplexed as to why O'Hanlon is getting so much stick for his form. Admittedly, he has made errors and of course the central defensive area has been ridden with mistakes. But O'Hanlon for me isn't that poor a player. If you look at the goals against Cowdenbeath for example, those that say he was turned easily, look at the cheap possession that we gave away beforehand. Hanlon skewed a clearance straight to Colin Cameron, out of position, leaving O'Hanlon a wee bit exposed when the ball came in. The second goal was great skill, but the midfield lost the ball. The back header against Rangers was weak, but it made the keeper.....it was Brown who sclaffed his attempted clearance against McPake......for me the media made O'Hanlon look the fall guy when if you examine it closely, Mark Brown could have cleared it much much better. Other goals we have conceded, where he has been labelled at fault, have more often than not been balls in from the wide area where Stack hasn't come, and/or the right back hasn't tracked his runner at the back post area.

Not the greatest centre half I admit, but I would start him on Saturday. With better midfield options open to us now, in an attacking sense, hopefully if we retain possession and play further up the pitch, the less pressure we put on our defence. The new full backs like to get forward and look comfy on the ball, which is also a real positive for the back four. How often did you see Booth and Hart (or Palsson) get the ball and wince sometimes when they played around with it at the back......not a slight on Booth, but his mistakes this season have been cruelly punished. If Doherty feels comfy at centre half, then Francomb looks composed and decent on the ball at right back. Have O'Hanlon and Doherty in the middle with wee Bobby Carlos left back. Claros if fit will come in for Stevenson IMHO. The bonus about Doherty is that he is quick, which could be a blessing if little errors are made at the back centrally. Again, how often is our heart in ur mouth when a ball is played over the top and Hanlon or Stephens are 1 v 1 on a striker in a foot race ?

I'd like the McPake/Hanlon partnership to develop and be given games. I's also like Paul Hanlon to bulk up and work on his speed. But for this weekend it has to be Sean O'Hanlon and Matt Doherty centrally.

I like your analysis of O'Hanlon and tend to agree that he should maybe be given a chance with a more solid midfield and better defenders around him - he was well regarded at MK Dons i seem to recall? However, i disagree that Lewis should be dropped for Claros, as he has been our one and only shining light until, well, Saturday. Although Ozzie can be rated more highly, he disappears in games, and i think i would rather have him as a sub for that reason. Just my opinion though- would have been far happier like everyone else to not have McPake and Hanlon unavailable, as they were tremendous on Saturday.

Postman
08-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Doherty is hell of a better right back than Centre Back and I thinks he needs to stay at right back.

Pretty much agree with this (not sure what he's like as a CH!) as I thought Doherty played very well at RB so should stay there. Make that position his own and work at filling the CH positions with the others we have available. I would play O'Hanlon as he could well benefit massively from the improvement in players around him and either Stephens or Murray should partner him depending on availability. This for me would be O'Hanlons final chance and regardless of how it goes we go back to a McPake/Hanlon partnership the following week.

--------
08-02-2012, 04:50 PM
What could happen if O'Hanlon plays is that Doherty gets dragged out of position trying to cover for O'Hanlon as his positional sense as we all know is ropey to say the least.
Francomb, Doherty, Stephens, oooh Kujabi for me
:pfgwa

We shouldn't have released Sodje - he could have done a turn at CB. At least he's big and scary.

AlbertK86
08-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Stack

O'Donovan Doyle

Wot no Ozzy ?!

Aldo
08-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Sorry but what did Hanlon do to be dropped???

Would have him alongside either Stephens or Doherty, with Francomb coming in at RB.

Hopefully McPake has had a word and us encouraging him along.

AlbertK86
08-02-2012, 07:09 PM

Would have him alongside either Stephens or Doherty, with Francomb coming in at RB.

Hopefully McPake has had a word and us encouraging him along.

Eh got suspended !

Judas Iscariot
09-02-2012, 09:34 AM

Eh got suspended !

:doh:

:faf:

Hainan Hibs
09-02-2012, 09:41 AM

:hilarious:thumbsup:

I would normally take other people's opinions on board but O'Hanlon is one of the worst centre halfs I have seen, and anyone that even entertains the thought of playing him every again doesn't deserve an opinion on the matter.

brydekirk
09-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Stack

O'Donovan Doyle

Can't understand why you would leave Ozzy out of the midfield for Wotherspoon

Aldo
09-02-2012, 02:23 PM
:doh:

:faf:

Defo a Homer moment. Wot a fud ;-)

Judas Iscariot
09-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Defo a Homer moment. Wot a fud ;-)

Class :top marks

Aldo
09-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Class :top marks

Put a smile on your faces that one. I am to please my friends.