PDA

View Full Version : strongest eleven?

tanfield
06-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Based on what I seen on Saturday I think only 3 changes would be needed to have a pretty decent team.

Upfront I would replace O'Connor with Griffiths. That would add a bit more pace and guile to our attack.

Midfield is the biggest problem. Wotherspoon made a lot of errors against Killie and I would have Booth in in his place. That would give our left hand side a better balance.

Claros will obviously come in and should come in place of Stevenson.

Defence if we can keep the same four will be fine (appreciate suspensions for next game before anyone says).

That side for me would be capable of giving anyone a game.

spike220
06-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Based on what I seen on Saturday I think only 3 changes would be needed to have a pretty decent team.

Upfront I would replace O'Connor with Griffiths. That would add a bit more pace and guile to our attack.

Midfield is the biggest problem. Wotherspoon made a lot of errors against Killie and I would have Booth in in his place. That would give our left hand side a better balance.

Defence if we can keep the same four will be fine (appreciate suspensions for next game before anyone says).

I dont disagree, but I need to see a lot more before we can decide, i am not sure how Carlos likes to play. I am guessing our midfield will be built around Carlos and Osborne, with the addtions of Booth (good attacker) stevenson (central midfield - holding), Spoony (vesatile and still a bit raw), Soares (I got a feeling we have a lot more to see of this guy). I think PF will be looking at our oppostion and the style of play he wants, and also comibnations, if one or more players link up well and get a good understanding that may well count more than picking one individual.

On another note could Greffiths be used as an attacking midfielder to keep GOC & Doyle the pitch, I want to see GOC play his way back to form. He is a very good player and scored goals when we had not much else to offer. just a thought.

GGTTH

Franck is God
06-02-2012, 12:46 PM
On another note could Greffiths be used as an attacking midfielder to keep GOC & Doyle the pitch, I want to see GOC play his way back to form. He is a very good player and scored goals when we had not much else to offer. just a thought.

It was being used as an attacking midfielder that went a long way to causing the frustrations of the fans and Griffiths himself with some pretty poor performances, he has only shown glimpses of the player he can be when playing up top with O'Connor or Doyle.

There is no point shoe horning players into the team, we need balance all over and players fighting for places in the team. That is what will keep all the players form up and hopefully good results will follow.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-02-2012, 12:57 PM

Agreed, no idea why booth wasn't about on Saturday.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.964102,-3.268682

KeithTheHibby
06-02-2012, 01:24 PM

Would be harsh on Lewis however I would like to see Boothy get a run LM.

smurf
06-02-2012, 01:34 PM

I posted exactly that side on the Bounce on Saturday..

Maybe harsh on Spoony mind...

Andy74
06-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Based on Saturday i'd have:

Stack

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Soares
Osbourne
Claros
Stevenson

Griifiths
Doyle

I think we are still a decent left winger away from a really strong team indeed. however, in the meantime I'd shift Lewis over there as he doesn't deserve to be dropped and with the way that Kujabi attacks we can play Stevenson there to give him cover. You almost don't need a real winger with Kujabi, but someone more able to tuck in and let him get forward when he wants.

hfcpaul
06-02-2012, 07:57 PM
mcpake is banned for saturday , also heard somewhere that paul hanlan is also banned , so we will have to welcome back sean the donkey . :worried:

Billy Whizz
06-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Would be harsh on Lewis however I would like to see Boothy get a run LM.

Was Boothy dropped or injured on Saturday

DanHFC1875
06-02-2012, 08:51 PM
mcpake is banned for saturday , also heard somewhere that paul hanlan is also banned , so we will have to welcome back sean the donkey . :worried:

Yeah, I do fear for us defensively again on sat, will probs need about 3 or 4 goals lol

Manxhibs
06-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Based on Saturday i'd have:

Stack

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Soares
Osbourne
Claros
Stevenson

Griifiths
Doyle

I think we are still a decent left winger away from a really strong team indeed. however, in the meantime I'd shift Lewis over there as he doesn't deserve to be dropped and with the way that Kujabi attacks we can play Stevenson there to give him cover. You almost don't need a real winger with Kujabi, but someone more able to tuck in and let him get forward when he wants.

I think boothy will be the left winger given time

erin go bragh
06-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I do fear for us defensively again on sat, will probs need about 3 or 4 goals lol

Think PF will play docherty and stephens in central defence , francome rb with carlos lb ,really hope o`hanlon gets no where near the pitch .

ggtth

Franck is God
06-02-2012, 09:43 PM
seeing as this is a who do you think our best eleven will be, I'll get the thread back on topic.

For me it would be as below.

Brown

Doherty---McPake---Hanlon---Kujabi

Soares---Osbourne---Claros---Stevenson

O'Connor--Griffiths

Subs

Stack
Francome
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Scott
Doyle
Sproule

BonnieFitbaTeam
06-02-2012, 10:15 PM
[QUOTE=Franck is God;3105225]seeing as this is a who do you think our best eleven will be, I'll get the thread back on topic.

For me it would be as below.

Brown

Doherty---McPake---Hanlon---Kujabi

Soares---Osbourne---Claros---Stevenson

O'Connor--Griffiths

Subs

Stack
Francome
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Scott
Doyle
Sproule

Three changes to the above for me - setting aside the fact that we've only seen the new guys in one game, and haven't seen Claros at all - as follows:

1) Stack instead of Brown
2) Doyle in ahead of O'Connor until the latter sorts himself out.
2) Booth on the bench instead of Scott to provide some balance and some ability. The only way Scott would get in my match-day squad would be if every other player at the club was struck down with gout !

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-02-2012, 10:21 PM
stack, kujabi, hanlon, mcpake, doherty, booth, osbourne, claros, soares, griffiths, doyle.

O.connor doesn't hold ball up so why is he there, why are we keeping faith. He was the worst player on the park on saturday by quite a way.

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-02-2012, 10:59 PM
stack, kujabi, hanlon, mcpake, doherty, booth, osbourne, claros, soares, griffiths, doyle.

O.connor doesn't hold ball up so why is he there, why are we keeping faith. He was the worst player on the park on saturday by quite a way.His header onto Soares led to the Hibs goal and he scored another which was wrongly disallowed.

I actually thought O'Connor had a decent 1st half.

Judas Iscariot
07-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Stack

Doherty McPake Hanlon Kujabi

Soares Osbourne Claros Booth

Griffiths Doyle

Subs

Brown
Francombe
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Stevenson
Sproule
O'Connor

Just looking at that bench shows how good a job PF has done bringing in guys in January, plenty options and most of them starters throughout the earlier part of the season!

Aldo
07-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Stack

Griffiths Doyle

Subs

Brown
Francombe
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Stevenson
Sproule
O'Connor

Just looking at that bench shows how good a job PF has done bringing in guys in January, plenty options and most of them starters throughout the earlier part of the season!

Judas cannot disagree with this mate. I know there is not a lot of sentiment in football but Lewis deserves a berth in the team.

Scooter
07-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Stack

Stephens
Mcpake
Hanlon

Doherty (RWB)
Kujabi (LWB)

Claros

Soares
Ozzie

O'connor
Griffths

3-5-2

Judas Iscariot
07-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Judas cannot disagree with this mate. I know there is not a lot of sentiment in football but Lewis deserves a berth in the team.

Over who?

He doesn't offer enough going forward to play LM and even without seeing "El Pitbull" play I'm hazarding a guess that he's a better player than LS as is IO...

SMAXXA
07-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Over who?

He doesn't offer enough going forward to play LM and even without seeing "El Pitbull" play I'm hazarding a guess that he's a better player than LS as is IO...

I agree and have said similar on another thread.

That aside, see in all these teams no one has mentioned Ian Murray, as a sub would think he will be there once fit. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he is fit, that he might come in to partner Docherty on saturday to provide that bit experience Pat keeps going on about.

Judas Iscariot
07-02-2012, 10:59 AM
I agree and have said similar on another thread.

That aside, see in all these teams no one has mentioned Ian Murray, as a sub would think he will be there once fit. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he is fit, that he might come in to partner Docherty on saturday to provide that bit experience Pat keeps going on about.

I only left IM out as he's currently injured and I reckon he might struggle to regain full fitness and sharpness to return!

If fit though, I'd have him on the bench and he'd defo partner Doherty at CH for me on Saturday!

Expecting Rain
07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Noticed O`Connor getting a fair bit of stick in this thread, he`s the only forward of his type and is a handful for defenders even when he isn`t playing well, his physicality lead to us scoring on saturday the goal being wrongly disallowed, i`d keep him in the starting line up, with better players around him he`ll start scoring again.

Aldo
07-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Over who?

Judas don't disagree with you.... I mentioned the word sentiment.... Booth over Lewis yip no probs but for me LS has been our most consistent player in recent weeks. That's all i am saying.

.Sean.
07-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Was Boothy dropped or injured on Saturday

Dropped.

Judas Iscariot
07-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Judas don't disagree with you.... I mentioned the word sentiment.... Booth over Lewis yip no probs but for me LS has been our most consistent player in recent weeks. That's all i am saying.

Ah sorry Aldo, misunderstood your post :aok:

Aldo
07-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Ah sorry Aldo, misunderstood your post :aok:

Nae probs. ;-)

HibeeEmma
07-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Noticed O`Connor getting a fair bit of stick in this thread, he`s the only forward of his type and is a handful for defenders even when he isn`t playing well, his physicality lead to us scoring on saturday the goal being wrongly disallowed, i`d keep him in the starting line up, with better players around him he`ll start scoring again.

Positive competition can only be a good thing

S.sct
07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Stack

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Soares
Osbourne
Claros
Booth (would work well on left with Kujabi)

Griifiths
Doyle

Not see Claros yet but this looks a decent balanced team on paper.

sparkiedelpaco7
08-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Stack

Doherty McPake Murray Kujabi

Francomb Soares Claros Booth

Griffiths Doyle

Ell_Chrisso
08-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey guys, havent been on in a good while..

Went back for the first time since we beat Saints at home earlier in the season there on Sat against Killie. Money not making things easy for me to get down as often as id like, regardless of our poor form.

IMO, i still think Stack is our best keeper of the two.. so i would prefer we just stuck with him unless form is exceptionally poor or injuries.

I prefer Fenlons approach of 4-4-2. We dont have the young energetic side of the Mowbary/Collins era to make the 4-5-1/4-3-3 work aswell as it once did.

I was pretty happy at the performance of the whole back 4 on Sat, including what i thought was one of the best CH performances iv seen in a Hibs strip from McPake. Heres hoping there is a part of his deal that is an option to buy come end of season. I liked both Fullbacks. I do think Kujabi will get caught out now and then, but he offers us another option going forward also.

Hopefully the new lad Carlos who we all havent seen yet is the real deal, and could give us that creative spark from the middle of midfield. As tough as it would be, Stevenson would be the one dropped for his place. Some people need to accept that Wotherspoon is not good enough. Gives the ball away far too often, and too much of the end product is completely poor... Dropped untill further notice! Booth showed alot of good runs and passing ability from playing LB so get him a further position forward!

O'Connor gives us presence upfront, but i do like the Doyle/Griffiths duo. I wouldnt mind rotating these guys now and then. Soares just needs a good few games under his belt. Doesnt look sharp enough yet, but i have faith that he is a good player and will find his form.

Lets stick 4-4-2 imo and go,

Stack
Griffiths O'Connor/Doyle

Postman
08-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Stack
Griffiths O'Connor/Doyle

This could be our strongest 11 if Claros is anything like the player we all hope he's going to be. One thing that remains to be seen is whether Booth can play the left midfield/wing role many are suggesting. Lots of people wanted the same thing for Wotherspoon on the right after a few good performances at right back and it has never really worked out for him there.

kev32
08-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Not seen O'Donovan in anyone's team or bench. Makes it an even stronger squad imho.

Amit
08-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Stack

Griffiths Doyle

Subs

Brown
Francombe
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Stevenson
Sproule
O'Connor
!

Agree with this starting 11. I know LS has done well but El Pitbull will take his place in the team.