PDA

View Full Version : Dunfermline v Rangers next week

Jim44
05-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Normally you would expect Rangers to win this hands down, but i'm worried about the comments over on FF where a huge number of Gers fans don't fancy their chances. A win for Dunfermline is unthinkable from our point of view. Surely the Rangers team will want to make up for their cup exit today.

essexhibee
05-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Still would think they'd have enough imo. And anyway...with confidence up whose to say we won't get a result next week.

Jim44
05-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Still would think they'd have enough imo. And anyway...with confidence up whose to say we won't get a result next week.

I think we certainly can get something next week but I would like to see a bit more daylight between ourselves and Dunfermline.

essexhibee
05-02-2012, 11:47 PM
I think we certainly can get something next week but I would like to see a bit more daylight between ourselves and Dunfermline.

I agree. Just a massive shame we can't build on the momentum today with no mcpake available. Is hanlon missing to? Think Doherty will need to come in at CB alongside Stevens if thats the case and Francomb out at RB. Wouldn't have O'hanlon anywhere the team. Infact, in the vicinity of the ground for that matter !!

GreenCastle
05-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Normally you would expect Rangers to win this hands down, but i'm worried about the comments over on FF where a huge number of Gers fans don't fancy their chances. A win for Dunfermline is unthinkable from our point of view. Surely the Rangers team will want to make up for their cup exit today.

Don't ever worry about hun comments! :confused:

Anyway -they are pants but think they will win after today's humiliation - league is the only thing left for them.

Sir David Gray
06-02-2012, 12:12 AM
They'll beat Dunfermline.

Dundee Utd are a far better side than Dunfermline so I wouldn't take all that much from the cup defeat, in relation to next week's match. I fancy Rangers to score 2 or 3 against them.

brydekirk
06-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Nae probs

Sodje_18
06-02-2012, 01:02 AM
No bothered really, don't think we're relying on other teams results as I'm confident in our own one right now. Huns will win anyway.

heartbreaker
06-02-2012, 02:56 AM
Look they are still the second best team in the league and will win more often then they lose between now and the end of the season. They are not entirely out of it in the League though Celtic will win it. Don't lets go overboard on the cup result. They hockeyed us a few days ago.

Niffy
06-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Yip , this is getting as mad as all the folk that thought Hearts would have shipped all their first team out in the first 2 days of January and we'd win the derby by a landslide.
Just because the hun got beat in a cup game, they are still in a better position than every other non OF team.
They're just getting dragged down slightly... who knows what will happen next, but they'll still give most other teams a hiding on an ordinary week.

Still good to see them getting levelled a bit, now if Celtic could go the same way... happy days.

Winston Ingram
06-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Let's not forget that Dunfermline are awful

jodjam
06-02-2012, 07:49 AM
Hoping Killie give them a going over at EEP this midweek.

Bristolhibby
06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Hoping Killie give them a going over at EEP this midweek.

Agreed, thats a must.

J

Spike Mandela
06-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Worrying that Dunfermlie have two home games before we take the field against Aberdeen:worried:

I know I'm a worrier and others will be calm about the situation but psychologically I would like to avoid Hibs going in to games bottom of the league.:panic:

bawheid
06-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Worrying that Dunfermlie have two home games before we take the field against Aberdeen:worried:

I know I'm a worrier and others will be calm about the situation but psychologically I would like to avoid Hibs going in to games bottom of the league.:panic:

Deep breaths Spike...

We need to be looking up rather than down. Dunfermline are dreadful and will be relegated without doubt.

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2012, 03:14 PM

Would like to see us go rock bottom this week, and instead of getting hysterical about it, just staying cool and not giving a toss, then steadily rise up the table like a phoenix, lifting the Scottish Cup en route.

That would be the classy way to do things.

--------
06-02-2012, 03:22 PM

My feelings are that if we can get past the next two games without damage, we'll be fine.

Don't Kilmarnock have something to prove against them? And Rangers don't tend to lose two games in a row against weaker opposition. Reason says Rangers will beat them, and that after (hopefully) Kilmarnock have set the record straight in midweek.

We could have (make that should have won by more on Saturday - nothing wrong with the disallowed goal that I or anyone else could see, and we carried a lot of threat going forward against a team well up the League from us.

When I said that I thought the guys Paddy has brought in are the real deal, I was told I was just hoping like everyone else, and talking P*** (with a capital P). Turns out that they DO look a lot more the real deal than the ones we've been used to signing recently, so maybe in the short term we can afford a wee bit of hope that maybe we just might stay up and even have a wee run in the you-know-what.

But you're damn right - I don't want us to hit the bottom spot EVER this season - playing catch-up's far too nerve-wracking.

Of course, if we want to do it the classy way, then Bob's the man to follow.

Just so long as we're not in 12th place for more than a few days...

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2012, 03:24 PM
My feelings are that if we can get past the next two games without damage, we'll be fine.

Don't Kilmarnock have something to prove against them? And Rangers don't tend to lose two games in a row against weaker opposition. Reason says Rangers will beat them, and that after (hopefully) Kilmarnock have set the record straight in midweek.

We could have (make that should have won by more on Saturday - nothing wrong with the disallowed goal that I or anyone else could see, and we carried a lot of threat going forward against a team well up the League from us.

When I said that I thought the guys Paddy has brought in are the real deal, I was told I was just hoping like everyone else, and talking P*** (with a capital P). Turns out that they DO look a lot more the real deal than the ones we've been used to signing recently, so maybe in the short term we can afford a wee bit of hope that maybe we just might stay up and even have a wee run in the you-know-what.

But you're damn right - I don't want us to hit the bottom spot EVER this season - playing catch-up's far too nerve-wracking.

C'mon! Where's your sense of drama? The ideal season for me would be a cup win and a relegation battle going to the last kick of the ball with us staying up.

Sadly, that won't happen. We'll win the cup alright, but avoid relegation with points to spare.

--------
06-02-2012, 03:28 PM
C'mon! Where's your sense of drama? The ideal season for me would be a cup win and a relegation battle going to the last kick of the ball with us staying up.

Sadly, that won't happen. We'll win the cup alright, but avoid relegation with points to spare.

Bob, I'm 62, and prone to tachycardia and high blood pressure.

If we're going to stay up AND win the you-know-what, I'd prefer to survive long enough to enjoy it.

At least long enough get back to the Caldera and treat the local Huns and Soapies to the biggest ****-eating grin they'd ever have seen in their drab and pathetic lives.

ScottB
06-02-2012, 04:27 PM
They've still got the same side that tore us apart, they can best Dunfermline!

Honestly they lose one player and their fans are hanging themselves!

SloopJB
06-02-2012, 06:21 PM
They've still got the same side that tore us apart, they can best Dunfermline!

Honestly they lose one player and their fans are hanging themselves!

BBC news coming up about Mr Whyte being less than white by telling white lies in court. the pressure keeps on building. They may have already used their siege mentality card and buckle under pressure.

Nae bbc interview for the foreseeable future after matches.