PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle

Carheenlea
05-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Can he emulate another red haired Hibernian centre forward and score in every round en-route to lifting the Cup..? Why not? Good omens always welcomed and so far so good, looking forward to tomorrow's draw.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2012, 05:12 PM
When it comes to the Scottish Cup we need every omen we can get and then some.

HH81
05-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Thought he was very unlucky to get taken off yesterday. Chased everything down and looked sharp.

Lets hope he can keep form, I'd have him in the team everytime over O'Connor. :agree:

Hibs7
05-02-2012, 05:17 PM
The boy is good and given a decent supply will score goals.

matty_f
05-02-2012, 05:19 PM
His movement is excellent - the goal was a great example. As soon as the ball left his head, he was turning and moving into space in the penalty box for the return. Very intelligent play and you can see why he's scored as many goals as he has in his career. :agree:

greenlex
05-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Put in a good shift yesterday. Impressed. Him over GOC any day of the week. As a wee aside hiw rapid is ODonavan? They would both be a handful up top together.

tamig
05-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Can he emulate another red haired Hibernian centre forward and score in every round en-route to lifting the Cup..? Why not? Good omens always welcomed and so far so good, looking forward to tomorrow's draw.

Was thinking exactly the same thing this morning - although I didn't intend to broadcast it on here :wink:

Booked4Being-Ugly
05-02-2012, 05:30 PM
I wish we wouldn't lump balls up to Doyle though - he's not a target man so what's the point?

We need to find better ways of playing the 1-2's in and around the box where Doyle is more effective.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Still not convinced about Doyle yet, sure he chased everything down and put in a lot of effort but he doesn't have the strength and change of pace that I think he will need in the SPL. Great effort from him yesterday though and i hope he goes on to prove me wrong and score plenty of goals.

Spike Mandela
05-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Still not convinced about Doyle yet, sure he chased everything down and put in a lot of effort but he doesn't have the strength and change of pace that I think he will need in the SPL. Great effort from him yesterday though and i hope he goes on to prove me wrong and score plenty of goals.

Yip, 2 goals in 4 games. He'll never do.:rolleyes:

MSK
05-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Still not convinced about Doyle yet, sure he chased everything down and put in a lot of effort but he doesn't have the strength and change of pace that I think he will need in the SPL. Great effort from him yesterday though and i hope he goes on to prove me wrong and score plenty of goals.Think that will come given more game time ..

truehibernian
05-02-2012, 06:02 PM

Neither did/does Kenny Miller, yet what makes Kenny a top player is his awareness in the box, positional sense and workrate. He can sniff out a chance and his intelligence is what gets him goals. I see the same in Doyle. He will get himself on the end of more chances than the other strikers in my opinion. Leigh Griffiths will be a scorer, and provider, as he is a very gifted link up player and striker of the ball. For me a perfect partnership.

AlbertK86
05-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I see him as a poacher. Like his movement and given the right service think he might score quite a few goals for us

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2012, 06:16 PM

:rolleyes: As expected!

Hibby cal
05-02-2012, 06:20 PM

I'm sure once he gets through
This season and gets a better
Idea of what he's up against
In this league,he'll beef up over
The summer and have a good
Pre season in,then we'll see a
Much improved striker next season
:pfgwa

frazeHFC
06-02-2012, 01:14 PM
I really like Doyle. His movement is terrific. Him and Griffiths will be an immense partnership imo.

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2012, 01:20 PM
You need a beaten ginger stepchild in the side with something to prove; that insatiable hunger to show their blonde, brunette and dark-haired siblings and schoolchums that they aren't just there to do the tedious and back-breaking domestic chores everyone else naturally shies away from.

Keith had it.

Hopefully Doyle does too.

What other great ging-gers have worn the famous green and white?

Chris Jackson
Geebsie (pre highlights)

Andy74
06-02-2012, 01:24 PM
You need a beaten ginger stepchild in the side with something to prove; that insatiable hunger to show their blonde, brunette and dark-haired siblings and schoolchums that they aren't just there to do the tedious and back-breaking domestic chores everyone else naturally shies away from.

Keith had it.

Chris Jackson
Geebsie (pre highlights)

Ooh aah Mitchell.
Mikey Stewart.
At least one of the Miller bros was/were a bit gingery I recall?
Jay Shields?

We might be stretching the 'great' thing a bit though.

greenlex
06-02-2012, 03:16 PM

Keith had it.

Chris Jackson
Geebsie (pre highlights)

Do Ginger pubes count?

Captain Trips
06-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I really like Doyle. His movement is terrific. Him and Griffiths will be an immense partnership imo.

Hopefully for more than 4 months, I like Doyle so hope that 18mth deal is looked at soon, Griffiths we need that sorted asap both could do damage.

SMAXXA
06-02-2012, 05:57 PM

I agree his movement is great, not sure we will see him too much with grif whilst garry o is fit. Suddenly with them and odonovan and the young caldwell we look to be quite strong up front

neilmartinrocks
06-02-2012, 06:04 PM
If only go'c put in the same effort ......
but he hasn't lately so doyle on first.

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Do Ginger pubes count?

Not quite sure where your going with this one Lex, but okay....why not?

essexhibee
06-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Pat nevin was highlighting his movements during yesterdays game on sportscene. Really like the look of Doyle...looks a real poacher and given the service will score goals imo.

CentreLine
06-02-2012, 06:57 PM

Keith had it.

Chris Jackson
Geebsie (pre highlights)

John Blackley
Chris Shevlin

frazeHFC
06-02-2012, 08:15 PM
I agree his movement is great, not sure we will see him too much with grif whilst garry o is fit. Suddenly with them and odonovan and the young caldwell we look to be quite strong up front

I would definately play Doyle and Griffiths over O'Connor.

SMAXXA
06-02-2012, 08:32 PM
I would definately play Doyle and Griffiths over O'Connor.

On current form I would tend to agree but have a feeling garry o is the first name on the team sheet for pat, could be wrong of course but that's just the feeling I get.

Play all 3 grif wide left instead of dw and bring the pitbull in for lewis?

Saying that I don't like to put all our eggs in one basket, keep one on the bench incase the need to change things.

Sammy7nil
06-02-2012, 08:34 PM
On current form I would tend to agree but have a feeling garry o is the first name on the team sheet for pat, could be wrong of course but that's just the feeling I get.

Saying that I don't like to put all our eggs in one basket, keep one on the bench incase the need to change things.

Gary was on the bench at EEP ! He came off the bench to score

SMAXXA
06-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Gary was on the bench at EEP ! He came off the bench to score

I know but I believe he was also just back from injury

frazeHFC
06-02-2012, 08:45 PM

Can't drop Stevenson imo, he has been immense. Would even play him LM.

SMAXXA
06-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Can't drop Stevenson imo, he has been immense. Would even play him LM.

Na no for me mate, I like my wingers to have the ability to go beat players and don't think lewis would give us that, plus imo he panics when he gets anywhere near the box and won't give us much a goal threat, mind no like our other wingers are scoring many.

Don't think he's been immense he's been one of the best of a bad bunch in recent times imo.

calumb
06-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Na no for me mate, I like my wingers to have the ability to go beat players and don't think lewis would give us that, plus imo he panics when he gets anywhere near the box and won't give us much a goal threat, mind no like our other wingers are scoring many.

Don't think he's been immense he's been one of the best of a bad bunch in recent times imo.

lewis might give better balance on the left side if pa is given free reign to attack up the left side.

Fwiw i thought lewis had a very very good game on saturday especially in the first where despite what many claim on here he was involved in many of the attacking moves for example he played one absolutely fantastic through ball to oconnor that was only just intercepted by the killie defender but would have almost certainly been a goal if not.

SMAXXA
06-02-2012, 09:45 PM
lewis might give better balance on the left side if pa is given free reign to attack up the left side.

Fwiw i thought lewis had a very very good game on saturday especially in the first where despite what many claim on here he was involved in many of the attacking moves for example he played one absolutely fantastic through ball to oconnor that was only just intercepted by the killie defender but would have almost certainly been a goal if not.

Yeah I know the pass your on about and it was a clever ball, he did well there. I still think there's a big difference from people saying he was immense or he had a very very good game on saturday, I would disagree, don't think either is true, mcpake was immense yes lewis no. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he is or was crap, not at all, I guess my expectations of immense or very very good differs to others.

frazeHFC
06-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Since his return to the team, Stevenson has been by far our best player in my opinion. I would be gutted for him to be dropped, he couldn't deserve a place any more.

Easter Road X1
07-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Doyle will score goals, he needs another few games to get up to speed with the SPL, he will score enough goals to keep Hibs up. Doyle and Griffiths can be a decent partnership.

judas
08-02-2012, 12:26 PM

Well that's conclusive right enough.