PDA

View Full Version : Dear Compliance Officer

DaveF
05-02-2012, 01:07 PM
88 minutes, take a look at Alan McGregors leg breaking challenge.

If thats not worthy of a red card then I don't know what is. Mind you, with him getting a yellow card I assume he will fet away with it.

neilmartinrocks
05-02-2012, 01:10 PM

If thats not worthy of a red card then I don't know what is. Mind you, with him getting a yellow card I assume he will fet away with it.
maybe why collum booked him eh?

Sir David Gray

McGregor wasn't booked today, according to the BBC anyway.

Pedantic_Hibee

If thats not worthy of a red card then I don't know what is. Mind you, because he plays for Rangers he will get away with it.

Fixed that for you :agree:

neilmartinrocks
05-02-2012, 01:12 PM
McGregor wasn't booked today, according to the BBC anyway.
booked lacny and then mcgregor as an afterthought

Sir David Gray
05-02-2012, 01:20 PM
booked lacny and then mcgregor as an afterthought

Not saying you're wrong but there is no record of him being booked on the match report on the BBC website and I didn't actually think at the time that McGregor was shown a yellow card.

hibbysam
05-02-2012, 01:23 PM
I personally think edu's sly elbow on Robertson has went unnoticed, to me it looked as if he just watched the man and led with his elbow near the end, then went down to make it look like he was fouled.

MSK
Not saying you're wrong but there is no record of him being booked on the match report on the BBC website and I didn't actually think at the time that McGregor was shown a yellow card.He was booked ..Mcgregor gave the Ref verbal's after it ..

neilmartinrocks
Not saying you're wrong but there is no record of him being booked on the match report on the BBC website and I didn't actually think at the time that McGregor was shown a yellow card.
he defo booked mcgregor who then went off on one.
but hey if sportcene says he didn't get booked get the compliance officer in there.:greengrin

thats a dig at sportscene by the way not you:greengrin

silverhibee
05-02-2012, 01:26 PM

Was just about to post the same thing on the PM board regarding the thread about the CO.

Shocking tackle and McGregor has got away with to much in the past, time to nail him Mr Lunny.

silverhibee
05-02-2012, 01:30 PM

The ref certainly showed McGregor a yellow card, probaly saving him from being pulled up by the CO and getting a 3 match ban. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
05-02-2012, 01:34 PM
He was booked ..Mcgregor gave the Ref verbal's after it ..

he defo booked mcgregor who then went off on one.
but hey if sportcene says he didn't get booked get the compliance officer in there.:greengrin

thats a dig at sportscene by the way not you:greengrin

The ref certainly showed McGregor a yellow card, probaly saving him from being pulled up by the CO and getting a 3 match ban. :rolleyes:

Fair enough.

The BBC needs to get their finger out then!

neilmartinrocks
05-02-2012, 01:35 PM

maybe why collum booked him eh?
or was i being a tad cynical?

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2012, 01:42 PM
The reply clearly showed that it was a deliberate attempt to injure the Utd player, a shocking 'tackle' but no more than you would expect from a horrible wee turd like McGregor.

silverhibee
05-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Or lets hope the ref has booked him for the verbal that McGregor was handing out to the ref, and then it pave's the way for the CO to charge McGregor for the brutal tackle.

The Harp Awakes
05-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Just saw the 2nd half and there's no way Rangers should have finished that game with 11 men. McGregor and Bartley both should have walked and possibly Goyan as well. It looked to me that they couldn't take getting beat.

matty_f
05-02-2012, 03:43 PM

Have a look at a couple of Killie dives in the second half yesterday while you're at it.

Part/Time Supporter
05-02-2012, 03:48 PM
The "treatment" that the lad Mackay-Steven got today was a disgrace.

matty_f
05-02-2012, 03:51 PM
The "treatment" that the lad Mackay-Steven got today was a disgrace.

:agree: They booted him up and down the park, which when you consider Robbie Nielson was an alternative target, was a disgrace and a huge opportunity missed.:greengrin

cad
05-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Just saw the 2nd half and there's no way Rangers should have finished that game with 11 men. McGregor and Bartley both should have walked and possibly Goyan as well. It looked to me that they couldn't take getting beat.

Mc Gregor , Bartley, and Healy all in the same mould , noise you up , it gets a bit handbags , Rangers at home if ye bite your history and the ref will be reluctant to send a Hun off if they are 2 down maybe the compliance officer should have a wee look see on the TV highlights Im sure the Beeb could supply them footage of the entire match

Spike Mandela
05-02-2012, 04:24 PM
What about the Killie player who simulated throwing the ball at Hibs supporters in the West stand yesterday? Not something that remotely bothers me normally but in light of recent event feel should be highlighted by the compliance officer. Could you imagine if Leigh Griffiths did that he'd be 'sine die':greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-02-2012, 04:41 PM
When Rangers are on the ropes, referees get very, very nervous. That Bartley sort is a classless thug

leither17
05-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Does the CO for the the scottish cup too or just the spl

chinaman
05-02-2012, 05:25 PM
When Rangers are on the ropes, referees get very, very nervous. That Bartley sort is a classless thug
aye !! arrogant,sleazy niggly, flop in england. in a nutshell the perfect hun.piggy mcoists got jowels like a bullmastiff with all that comfort eating hes doin. a very worried man . its great.

millarco
05-02-2012, 05:35 PM

It's an SFA thing so should be the four leagues plus the Scottish Cup. Griffiths was out yesterday because of his gesture at Cowdenbeath.

A bit suspect that so few incidents have been raised from the lower leagues, given the SFA's strong denial of the trial-by-television method.

Bishop Hibee
05-02-2012, 05:52 PM
I thought I'd entered a time warp back to 1981 watching that game. Utd bossing the huns who resorted to kicking and fouling in front of 18,000 fans.

McGregor is a nasty individual and he should have been off for his lunge.

PatHead
05-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Should have a look at Hooper's dive as well.

Big_D
05-02-2012, 06:21 PM

It must be all competitions as i heard MacGregor will miss the quarter final :agree:

JimBHibees
05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
It must be all competitions as i heard MacGregor will miss the quarter final :agree:

But Rangers arent in the quarter final.

silverhibee
05-02-2012, 06:33 PM
But Rangers arent in the quarter final.

:tee hee:

big-mo
06-02-2012, 03:29 PM
While we are at it, what about the wee thug Ian Black who had three kicks at the Saint's player who was lying on the ground. Should have been a straight red if the ref had spotted it.

Billy Whizz
06-02-2012, 03:32 PM
I thought Dayton had a few dives on Saturday

Woodrow
06-02-2012, 03:57 PM
While we are at it, what about the wee thug Ian Black who had three kicks at the Saint's player who was lying on the ground. Should have been a straight red if the ref had spotted it.

While we are at it what about Templeton holding the back of his head when he clearly got kicked in the elbow? Up there with Lafferty and Rivaldo the cheating wee rat ! :agree:

greenlex
06-02-2012, 04:15 PM
I thought Dayton had a few dives on Saturday
That one on the edge of the box was a shocker. Dint get a good look at the game but on the free highlights on the fishal site its downright embarrassing. He must be offered at least a one game ban for that. Do players carrying on like that not get in the slightest embarrassed? Tempelton yesterday too. Clutchng his head when quite clearly the guy just brushed his arm FFS. I would give anyone conclusively caught cheating like that on camera a four match ban and a huge fine. Chuck in a points deduction too. That would stop it. ****ing detest cheats.

DaveF
06-02-2012, 05:12 PM
So was there any witch hunt, er I mean discussion on Sportscence around McGregor's leg breaking lunge?

Or Dayton's embarrassing dive as highlighted on the official Hibs front page?

BEEJ
06-02-2012, 06:30 PM
So was there any witch hunt, er I mean discussion on Sportscence around McGregor's leg breaking lunge?

Or Dayton's embarrassing dive as highlighted on the official Hibs front page?
Can I suggest that someone reports this alleged dive to Mr Vincent Lunny at the SFA?

Don't be shy. That's how the system works. Everybody can now feel free to 'shop' a player to the Compliance Officer for conduct unbecoming based on post-match video evidence.

big-mo
06-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Can I suggest that someone reports this alleged dive to Mr Vincent Lunny at the SFA?

Don't be shy. That's how the system works. Everybody can now feel free to 'shop' a player to the Compliance Officer for conduct unbecoming based on post-match video evidence.

As you say, anyone can request the Compliance Officer to review an incident in a game. After watching, what looked like a clear case of simulation when Dayton 'dived' to try and obtain a penalty, ( clearly seen in Match Acton clip on the official club web-site, http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,10290,00.html). I suggest that the CO receives a number of e-mails pointing out this incident. IIRC he must be informed within three day's of the incident, that is tomorrow. I would hope that any emails sent to info@scottishfa.co.uk (%20info@scottishfa.co.uk) would be passed on to Mr Lunny.

It was also interesting that the BBC did not 'feature' this incident on their program, seeing how it was their actions that highlighted GO'C 'drive' (for which he was cleared) and both Griffiths 'actions' in two separate games.

It is often pointed out that this type of retrospective action does not help their opponents; but in this case it might because depending on the number of points Dayton already has accrued, he may be heading for a three match ban and Killie are due to play us again in three games time.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/DisciplineExplained/Scottish%20FA%20Judicial%20Panel%20Protocol.pdf

DaveF
07-02-2012, 05:53 PM
No notice of complaint issued re Dayton's dive as of yet.

Here's hoping its just late in going up as it simply has to be punished. Otherwise they are without doubt open to the trial by TV accusations.

DaveF
09-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Still nothing on the SFA site regarding Dayton's clear dive so it looks like Sportscene do set the agenda for the compliance officer.

What a farce.

greenlex
09-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Still nothing on the SFA site regarding Dayton's clear dive so it looks like Sportscene do set the agenda for the compliance officer.

What a farce.

Absolutely Dave. Never has the phrase trial by TV been more appropriate. :agree:

matty_f
09-02-2012, 11:50 PM

What a farce.

:agree: Disgrace.

Brebners Bookie
10-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Most blatant dive of the season but because it wasnt on sportscene its not chased up. It makes fans and managers look like petty moaners just because their incompetence is so frequent. Surely they were aware of the incident?