PDA

View Full Version : Ownership of Hibs

DarlingtonHibee
05-02-2012, 08:53 AM
For all the posters that want RP and the board to go, and complain about STF, have a read of this.

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport-columnists/aidan-smith/interview_craig_whyte_chairman_of_rangers_fc_1_209 8205

Ray_
05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
For all the posters that want RP and the board to go, and complain about STF, have a read of this.

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport-columnists/aidan-smith/interview_craig_whyte_chairman_of_rangers_fc_1_209 8205

Where's the parallel? Did hibs win league's, cups, have successful European runs & spend fortunes on players like Flo etc?

DarlingtonHibee
05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Where's the parallel? Did hibs win league's, cups, have successful European runs & spend fortunes on players like Flo etc?

Ray, point was don't put the future of your club in danger by allowing people to make short term gamble's, that cost you in the long run.

Would we want someone like Craig Whyte owning our club.

Sammy7nil
05-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Ray, point was don't put the future of your club in danger by allowing people to make short term gamble's, that cost you in the long run.

Rangers are the most successful domestic club in the World
Hardly short term gain

Yes they have been poorly run recently but really there is no comparison

Elephant Stone
05-02-2012, 11:40 AM

The parallel is that there are a fair few in the Hibs support who think we should spend more than we have in order to try to win leagues and cups, the OP is quite rightly pointing them to what can happen if you do that- your club might end up teetering on the verge of ruin with a cowboy in charge.

DarlingtonHibee
05-02-2012, 11:45 AM
The parallel is that there are a fair few in the Hibs support who think we should spend more than we have in order to try to win leagues and cups, the OP is quite rightly pointing them to what can happen if you do that- your club might end up teetering on the verge of ruin with a cowboy in charge.

That was my point, and also a reminder for the many posts we have seen from people on here, re sack the board, STF get your money out etc....

Be careful what you wish for.

Anyway, lets hope things are now moving forward on the pitch. :flag:

ahibby
05-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Utter nonsense. Fans turning against the Hibs board has nothing to do with us not winning leagues or cups. The problem that fans have had with the board is the utter dross they have put up with over the past few seasons. Add to that a board who is more concerned with the accounts than having Hibs play where they should be. Hibs should be top four or five and reach the quarter or semi final stages of a cup year in year out. However the board have Hibs in a situation where clubs smaller in fan base and with fewer resources have embarrassed us on pitch and in league positions. So don't bend and twist things and make comparisons that clearly should not be made. What they are saying is it's alright to have a crap team and fight relegation when you should be no where near the bottom of the table as long as your accounts are healthy, utter bull******. We want a team to be punching their weight and for our accounts to be in good shape. If Motherwell and ST Johnstone can do it why can't we! Rant over.

Elephant Stone
05-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Utter nonsense. Fans turning against the Hibs board has nothing to do with us not winning leagues or cups. The problem that fans have had with the board is the utter dross they have put up with over the past few seasons. Add to that a board who is more concerned with the accounts than having Hibs play where they should be. Hibs should be top four or five and reach the quarter or semi final stages of a cup year in year out. However the board have Hibs in a situation where clubs smaller in fan base and with fewer resources have embarrassed us on pitch and in league positions. So don't bend and twist things and make comparisons that clearly should not be made. What they are saying is it's alright to have a crap team and fight relegation when you should be no where near the bottom of the table as long as your accounts are healthy, utter bull******. We want a team to be punching their weight and for our accounts to be in good shape. If Motherwell and ST Johnstone can do it why can't we! Rant over.

Who said it does?

smurf
05-02-2012, 12:05 PM

After yesterday, and the support coming together, supporting the club, as we look to get out of the mess that we are still in, your timing is unfortunate...

Mikey
05-02-2012, 12:17 PM

:tub4:

iain nolan
05-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Lets not forget there might not be a HIBERNIAN football club if Tom Framer didt take ownership when he did. It would be nice to get a bigger player budget for the manager, but not at the cost off the club .
lets not foget the dark days off the HANDS OFF HIBS days .
Aberdeen , Motherwell, dundee utd, RANGERS ,hearts and dundee have all had owners who have put millons into there player budget without winning very much and the clubs went into a mess. Celtic also
almost went under .
So i think our owner and board must make sure that we never over spend on players at the cost off our great club again i never want to see the club having to be saved again as they might not be an other sir tom out there:flag:

bigwheel
05-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Lets not forget there might not be a HIBERNIAN football club if Tom Framer didt take ownership when he did. It would be nice to get a bigger player budget for the manager, but not at the cost off the club .
lets not foget the dark days off the HANDS OFF HIBS days .
Aberdeen , Motherwell, dundee utd, RANGERS ,hearts and dundee have all had owners who have put millons into there player budget without winning very much and the clubs went into a mess. Celtic also
almost went under .
So i think our owner and board must make sure that we never over spend on players at the cost off our great club again i never want to see the club having to be saved again as they might not be an other sir tom out there:flag:
Tom Farmer has done a fantastic service to Hibernian over the last 20 years...he has earned his chapter in our history. He does now though want to get his money out and has been seeking a buyer around the Edinburgh business community....no joy yet ....

greenlex
05-02-2012, 01:14 PM
I ****ing despair at times I really do.

DarlingtonHibee
05-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Tom Farmer has done a fantastic service to Hibernian over the last 20 years...he has earned his chapter in our history. He does now though want to get his money out and has been seeking a buyer around the Edinburgh business community....no joy yet ....

Source ?

Mikey
05-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Source ?

hibs.net :rolleyes:

MB62
06-02-2012, 07:50 AM

What Money?

He's made plenty from us.

Jack
06-02-2012, 07:51 AM
What Money?

Has he?

bawheid
06-02-2012, 08:06 AM
What Money?

Christ, here we go again.

Lucius Apuleius
06-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Said it before, say it again.

Gospel according to John 11:35.

Elephant Stone
06-02-2012, 08:14 AM
What Money?

Going to elaborate?

jdships
06-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Christ, here we go again.

Thank You :top marks
How many times does this have to be brought up ?.

Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
What Money?

Again this has been done to death
Hopefully for one last time PREY TELL US YOUR SOURCE
:rolleyes:

MB62
06-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Thank You :top marks
How many times does this have to be brought up ?.

Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
What Money?

Again this has been done to death
Hopefully for one last time PREY TELL US YOUR SOURCE
:rolleyes:

Of course, all the money made from the sale of the land at the East terracing went back to the club, silly me.

Mikey
06-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Of course, all the money made from the sale of the land at the East terracing went back to the club, silly me.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?135671-So-what-happened-to-the-money-from-the-car-park

:wink:

Jack
06-02-2012, 09:08 AM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?135671-So-what-happened-to-the-money-from-the-car-park

You mean all this has been covered before and tales of STF making millions is all lies. Jings, crivens and help me Boab what can the perpetrators of these lies do now that their untruths have been uncovered?

TBH I suspect much the same as they have the last 4 years and continue to lie and spread malicious, unfounded gossip.

MB62
06-02-2012, 09:09 AM

So we're quits then?

Kaiser1962
06-02-2012, 09:10 AM

Caversham did that piece over three years ago now and we still get folk like MB62 spouting their unsubstantiated pish.

jdships
06-02-2012, 09:16 AM

As the saying goes " It's all down to opinions " that is until you look at the facts :confused:
You would make a good "Journo" - " never let the truth get in the way of a good story ":greengrin:wink:

Elephant Stone
06-02-2012, 09:16 AM
So we're quits then?

If you didn't know the details about that land sale then why did you state as a matter of fact that Tom's made money out of Hibs and use that as an example? Do you genuinely think he is or do you just enjoy spreading lies?

IWasThere2016
06-02-2012, 09:24 AM
I ****ing despair at times I really do.

:agree:

bigwheel
06-02-2012, 10:29 AM
My point wasn't about wether he has made money or not - if he has, he must be one of the only football owners in the world who has done so....he has an investment in Hibs , that has a market value .... Like most football owners who have had a club for a long time , he would not be adverse to getting someone to take it on and release his investment ... It's no big deal, it will be the same for the majority of owners in the UK...he is not in a hurry , and it may not happen anytime soon ...he would take an exit though, if he could get the right buyer ...

MB62
06-02-2012, 11:07 AM
he would take an exit though, if he could get the right buyer ...

I think that's been the case since day one.

bigwheel
06-02-2012, 11:10 AM
I think that's been the case since day one.

Yes, I agree - its the same for always every football club .... There are far easier places to make money ....

smurf
06-02-2012, 12:37 PM
At some point we will need to think about life after Sir Tom. I really fear that day though as according to some without Sir Tom we are goosed.

Kaiser1962
06-02-2012, 05:05 PM
At some point we will need to think about life after Sir Tom. I really fear that day though as according to some without Sir Tom we are goosed.

You are right in the first point and I suspect plans are formulated for that day.

Is your second point serious?

Ray_
06-02-2012, 05:41 PM

We already had our own rogues that almost put us out of business did we not, why import another from Rangers to make a point that everybody is already well aware of?

I have no problems at all with STF, but I do have with anyone who has cost the club a fortune, making poor operational decisions. Unless debts created by such actions are written off, it ultimately costs the faithful, either by the diminishing quality on the park, due to necessary player sales and/or the servicing of said debt with supporters cash, we have already witnessed both scenario's.

To answer the bit in bold, everybody's on a high with the win and performance of the new players at the weekend, I just can't see what's to be gained from a thread like this at this point in time.

greenlex
06-02-2012, 06:15 PM
To answer the bit in bold, everybody's on a high with the win and performance of the new players at the weekend, I just can't see what's to be gained from a thread like this at this point in time.

:agree: Not too often we agree Ray but this is one such occasion.
I dont even get all the praise the board have been getting the last week or so either.

Ray_
06-02-2012, 06:22 PM
I dont even get all the praise the board have been getting the last week or so either.

I think it may well be that we have a support that desperately wants something to cheer about, after the dramatic fall we have had since the cup win & to be honest, at last I think we have somebody on board who will bring that cheer.

Malthibby
06-02-2012, 06:33 PM
God Bless Tom Farmer. Or any other non-existent entity of your choice.
e saved us, chaps, & he didn't do it to make money. The board have made mistakes but this pash about
TF making a packet is just stupid.
Getting a strong sense of deja-vu here....
GG

Sergy Pie
06-02-2012, 06:45 PM

Love reading his messages. Best posterer on Hibs.Net ever. :thumbsup:

Kaiser1962
06-02-2012, 06:46 PM
We already had our own rogues that almost put us out of business did we not, why import another from Rangers to make a point that everybody is already well aware of?

I have no problems at all with STF, but I do have with anyone who has cost the club a fortune, making poor operational decisions. Unless debts created by such actions are written off, it ultimately costs the faithful, either by the diminishing quality on the park, due to necessary player sales and/or the servicing of said debt with supporters cash, we have already witnessed both scenario's.

Was thinking the same! Dont get carried away Ray :greengrin

greenlex
06-02-2012, 07:01 PM
I think it may well be that we have a support that desperately wants something to cheer about, after the dramatic fall we have had since the cup win & to be honest, at last I think we have somebody on board who will bring that cheer.
:agree: Fingers crossed and with a bit of luck.

edwards
06-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Was this not a thread about Rangers who are a big club with a massive support, Whyte gave honest feedback and as stated he couldn't do last season as they were challenging for the league.
If any club can turn this around then Rangers can but hey ho nice to see he has admitted to Rangers now becoming a club that will have to look at players they can develop to sell on rather than buy duffs.
Unlike our neighbours who get offered 3m+ for a player who then turns injury prone and is now valued at two and six.
There used to be a pecking order if players didn't sign for the old firm then hibs and hearts used to be next in line, they days have long gone and we are finding it difficult to compete with Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Motherwell for players.
Any manager outside the old firm has to have a good eye for a player and bloody good contacts, McCall for example just unearthed a Croat ? of good quality on a six month deal and has now extended it by another two years.
Like the work he is doing through there and hopefully Paddy can bring in players of the same quality.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2012, 07:37 PM
We've got scouts from Ibrox sourcing players for us these days have we not?!!