PDA

View Full Version : Sect 43 / Singing Section - what a disgrace

Keith_M
05-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Sorry, with all the positivity about, everybody forgot the now obligatory "let's slag the singing section" thread.

Just making amends :wink:

Andy74
05-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Sorry, with all the positivity about, everybody forgot the now obligatory "let's slag the singing section" thread.

Just making amends :wink:

Does it exist at home? Cant hear a thing from other end of East.

Sammy7nil
05-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Never heard a peep all day yesterday.
Couple of guys beside me were warned to keep the noise down when rustling their crisp packet.

Dr Jimmy
05-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Never heard a peep all day yesterday.
Couple of guys beside me were warned to keep the noise down when rustling their crisp packet.

That was so true, I actually thought S43 must have forgot to get a cup top up on their season tickets.

DaveF
05-02-2012, 10:05 AM
There wasn't a great noise yesterday from anywhere in the ground. Hopefully this will change as we grind out a few results in the coming weeks.

And the temp rises a bit more!

Lofarl
05-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I could hearnsinging on the radio as the fans roared the team on in the last 10 mins, 75 according to Kenny Sheils. But unfortunately some of it was out of tune and a bit bland. Why can't they jazz it up a bit with a Salsa beat? Sort it Petrie.

Bayern Bru
05-02-2012, 12:21 PM
The sound of nails being bitten doesn't come across very well on the radio. :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
05-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Tried our best. Was a terrible atmosphere. Think everyone was on edge the whole second half. Cant make an atmosphere when no one else joins in. Cracking result though!

Chuck Rhoades
05-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Tried our best. Was a terrible atmosphere. Think everyone was on edge the whole second half. Cant make an atmosphere when no one else joins in. Cracking result though!

The Green Goblin
05-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Funny, i was following it on bbc open all mics and at one point, someone talking on another game was in danger of being drowned out by the chant of "hibees hibees hibees".

I have to say as well, alan preston was unusually enthusiastic in his praise of hibs when he gave updates. Sounded like he was creaming himself about us at times and yelling things like "what a tackle from mcpake!" and so on. Strange, but credit where credit is due...

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
In the last 10 mins I thought the crowd were really in it and giving the team good support.

I gave up my usual seat in the East for the upper FF on Saturday and I would have to say that from what I saw and heard the bottom deck of the FF is where the singing section should be.

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2012, 04:53 PM
In the last 10 mins I thought the crowd were really in it and giving the team good support.

I gave up my usual seat in the East for the upper FF on Saturday and I would have to say that from what I saw and heard the bottom deck of the FF is where the singing section should be.

Crowd got really into it when the defence was throwing their bodies into the firing line, gets you off your seat seeing that level of commitment

Carheenlea
05-02-2012, 04:57 PM
It's not all about songs and chants. Plenty noise with fans willing the team on during the defensive heroics late on.

RIP
05-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Keith I ken your thread is only a leg pull but we only needed a singing section location in the East last year to show the gantry crowd where to stand.

Since the 60's we have always had a group of small supporters starting songs and a bigger group joining in. That hasnae changed in 50 years and on Saturday the West and East were joining in. As it should be!

The CIS Cup Final proved we are all up for singing if the atmosphere and passion is there.

:pfgwa

BTW Bovril. The club were consulted abut the location of the singing section. As long as the FF is marketed as the family stand, relocating the singing section there is a complete non-starter.

We have had a song starting group in the East for 30years. It's going nowhere else for the moment.

monktonharp
05-02-2012, 10:08 PM
I cant fault the singing section . for trying to give the team a lift at crucial times, they do try! pretty poor chanting yesterday, with a poor crowd but well done to those that tried to raise the tempo near the end of the game.it even spurred on a few in the West!.

Malthibby
05-02-2012, 11:08 PM
We were just scared s - - - less because of the last couple of years. Had a mate from Manchester up who is a massive Hibee, his dad did the fences in the 80's:greengrin & he thought the crowd were quiet & tense, he gets up 4/5 times a season & I explained that he hasn't had to deal with the attritonal effect of watching pash, week in, week out for years.
went home very happy, though.
GG

NAE NOOKIE
06-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Keith I ken your thread is only a leg pull but we only needed a singing section location in the East last year to show the gantry crowd where to stand.

Since the 60's we have always had a group of small supporters starting songs and a bigger group joining in. That hasnae changed in 50 years and on Saturday the West and East were joining in. As it should be!

The CIS Cup Final proved we are all up for singing if the atmosphere and passion is there.

BTW Bovril. The club were consulted abut the location of the singing section. As long as the FF is marketed as the family stand, relocating the singing section there is a complete non-starter.

We have had a song starting group in the East for 30years. It's going nowhere else for the moment.

Yes .... As long as its designated the family stand, but you can change that with the stroke of a pen.

Until the East was roofed all of the atmosphere at ER was started by the folks in the north end of the old main stand and the enclosure in front of it. Yes there was singing on the old east terracing, but the only folk who could hear it were the BBC crew on the TV scaffold.

And finally ... perhaps the singing section isnt going anywhere at the moment ...... I'm just saying that in my opinion, it should.

RIP
06-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Yes .... As long as its designated the family stand, but you can change that with the stroke of a pen.

Until the East was roofed all of the atmosphere at ER was started by the folks in the north end of the old main stand and the enclosure in front of it. Yes there was singing on the old east terracing, but the only folk who could hear it were the BBC crew on the TV scaffold.

And finally ... perhaps the singing section isnt going anywhere at the moment ...... I'm just saying that in my opinion, it should.

Don't forget the Singing Section is a standing section. Would the families be happy to stand too? If not, where would they be willing to move to?

NAE NOOKIE
06-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Don't forget the Singing Section is a standing section. Would the families be happy to stand too? If not, where would they be willing to move to?

The East

Andy74
06-02-2012, 11:07 AM

The singing section is a standing section? Really? Didn't think that was allowed in current regulations.

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2012, 12:44 PM
The singing section is a standing section? Really? Didn't think that was allowed in current regulations.

:agree: Unofficially

The club seemed to have turned a blind eye to the area they deemed as the singing section which if I recall correctly is an area of 1000 seats in all that the club announcement stated would be allocated to be the dedicated singing section.

frazeHFC
06-02-2012, 01:11 PM
In Section 43 the singing for 90 minutes was decent imo, it's just nobody joined in until the last 10 minutes so it was quiet.

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Would like to see the singing section cut of their wedding tackle, practice yodeling and cover a medley of Coldplay songs.

I jest.

It would take more than signing Messi to bring back the crowds if that happened.

Keith_M
06-02-2012, 01:20 PM
1860 München v Energie Cottbus tonight --- I'll let you all know how their Ultras compare with our Singing Section :wink:

Incidentally, it's currently -10 here and forecast to be around -14 by kick-off time. I might just end up as blue as the teams strip!

frazeHFC
06-02-2012, 01:30 PM
1860 München v Energie Cottbus tonight --- I'll let you all know how their Ultras compare with our Singing Section :wink:

Incidentally, it's currently -10 here and forecast to be around -14 by kick-off time. I might just end up as blue as the teams strip!

German Ultras are class. :thumbsup: Any chance of taking a wee video of them?

Thomson1875
06-02-2012, 01:43 PM

Its all about Dynamo Dresden, maybe even ultras frankfurt, their the only two groups that come close to the Easter Road singing section :greengrin:flag:

Wouldn't like to be at a game with a forecast like that haha.

Jonnyboy
06-02-2012, 07:25 PM

Oi, some of us are 6ft tall :wink: :greengrin

DaveF
06-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Its all about Dynamo Dresden, maybe even ultras frankfurt, their the only two groups that come close to the Easter Road singing section :greengrin:flag:

Wouldn't like to be at a game with a forecast like that haha.

I saw Dresden in a 3rd division game in Bremen a couple of years ago and their crowd was immense.

Totally pished up and bonkers, but immense!

RIP
07-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Oi, some of us are 6ft tall :wink: :greengrin

:greengrin Dyslexia rules KO!!

silverhibee
07-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Funny, i was following it on bbc open all mics and at one point, someone talking on another game was in danger of being drowned out by the chant of "hibees hibees hibees".

I have to say as well, alan preston was unusually enthusiastic in his praise of hibs when he gave updates. Sounded like he was creaming himself about us at times and yelling things like "what a tackle from mcpake!" and so on. Strange, but credit where credit is due...

That was coming from the west stand. :wink: :greengrin

Keith_M
07-02-2012, 11:38 AM
German Ultras are class. :thumbsup: Any chance of taking a wee video of them?

Sorry, no videos this time. I was too busy trying NOT to die of hypothermia, so taking hands out of gloves and pockets was a no-no.

If it's warmer a week on Sunday, I'll make one then

However, here's a photo of a couple of the Sechsig Wags (http://www.tsv1860.de/aktuell/bildergalerie/galleryName/1860---cottbus/galleryId/793/photoId/5660) on the pitch. Boy are they ugly!