PDA

View Full Version : Disallowed Goal

shamo9
04-02-2012, 06:06 PM
It didn't look it at the time for me and the photo does little to convince me otherwise. O'Connor didn't climb over anyone and if anything the keeper's getting obstructed by his own players:rolleyes:

http://www.snspix.com/6036943/print/6036943.html

greenlex
04-02-2012, 06:08 PM
I havent seen it but the ref blowed really early.

Jonnyboy
04-02-2012, 06:41 PM
The ref indicated it was for backing in.

O'Connor wasnae backing in or we'd have heard a beep beep beep sound :greengrin

MSK
04-02-2012, 06:42 PM
O'Connor wasnae backing in or we'd have heard a beep beep beep sound :greengrin:greengrin

Baldy
04-02-2012, 07:03 PM

:top marks:aok:

givescotlandfreedom
04-02-2012, 08:00 PM

:top marks:greengrin

Irish_Steve
04-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Rather strange to admit but I was rather distracted by the size of his erse today. It it gets any bigger, we can just stick him on the goal-line and hey pronto, clean sheets for the rest of the season.

bighairyfaeleith
04-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Rather strange to admit but I was rather distracted by the size of his erse today. It it gets any bigger, we can just stick him on the goal-line and hey pronto, clean sheets for the rest of the season.

dinnae forget the gut overhang

Can't quite believe neither is visible in that picture, must have been the only angle in the whole ground that it wasn't visible.

I like O'Connor but the boy needs to go for a run and stay off the pies, the nade song will be getting sung at him soon!!

beensaidbefore
04-02-2012, 10:15 PM
guys on sportscene saw no reason why the goal shouldn't have stood, and say we were hard done by. oh well, at least we scored another.

hibernianyank
04-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Just seen it on sportscene and was a defo goal, seen nothing wrong!

machibby
04-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Hope someone reminds Kenny Shiels there's also a remit from UEFA for referees to allow perfectly good goals:rules:

basehibby
05-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Just seen it on sportscene and was a defo goal, seen nothing wrong!

was mystefied at the time as it ooked perfecty good - part of an ongoing referee's vendetta against GOC???

matty_f
05-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Watched it a few times now and there is nowt wrong with it at all. Yet another significant decision going against us this season. Suppose we should be thankful he never booked Garry for it...

Monts
05-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Anywhere i can see it now? Missed the game and sportscene and the bbc highlights dont bother including it.

Bayern Bru
05-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Garry would probably be penalised for sneezing inside the box given his reputation.

Doesn't help that Iain 'LOOK AT ME' Brines loves being the centre of attention :rolleyes:

Nowt wrong with it. Brines is an erse.

Hibs7
05-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Brines is a complete erse and should not be an SPL referree.

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2012, 05:08 PM
guys on sportscene saw no reason why the goal shouldn't have stood, and say we were hard done by. oh well, at least we scored another.

I never thought it was a foul at the time, then Brines was pushing his hips out to signal backing in....Brines is totally inept......

Cropley10
05-02-2012, 05:22 PM

Someone said Hibs have never won a game reffed by Calum Murray.

Richmond was another with whom we have only occasionally won a game with him in charge.

But Brines is inept. And has been making 'odd' decisions since the Morton game under Mixu.

Fenlon talks about Hibs standing up for themselves, I agree and it's about time we started drawing the medias attention to the fact that we seem to get, at least, one very poor decision a game, this season.

Cropley10
05-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I never thought it was a foul at the time, then Brines was pushing his hips out to signal backing in....Brines is totally inept......

At every single corner anywhere, someone is being fouled, so by rights every single goal scored from a corner can be chalked off.

Brines couldn't wait to blow his whistle.

Green forever
05-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Someone said Hibs have never won a game reffed by Calum Murray.

Richmond was another with whom we have only occasionally won a game with him in charge.

But Brines is inept. And has been making 'odd' decisions since the Morton game under Mixu.

Fenlon talks about Hibs standing up for themselves, I agree and it's about time we started drawing the medias attention to the fact that we seem to get, at least, one very poor decision a game, this season.

Think he reffed the 81% game

BroxburnHibee
05-02-2012, 06:18 PM

Outstanding John :greengrin

Prof. Shaggy
05-02-2012, 09:55 PM

Dougie McDonald?

givescotlandfreedom
05-02-2012, 10:27 PM

That's right, our last win with him reffing. Maarvellous headline to the game's article here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-415418/Jones-goal-helps-Hibs-cruise-past-ugly-rivals.html :greengrin

essexhibee
05-02-2012, 10:33 PM

:greengrin

Utter genius. Imo garry didnt do anything wrong...in fact he looked like he was clattered. I think mcpake coming over the top blinded the refs decision.

vanNISHtelroy
05-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Didn't look like he did much (anything) wrong. Refs seem to always get these wrong, giving fouls when there are none and "missing" clear fouls.

allezsauzee
06-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm just astonished that Brines didn't give a pen against us, the pr1ck normally does

HibbySpurs
06-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Didnt look like there was anthing wrong with it at the time and I havent seen it on TV yet but from what I gather it was another shoddy decision in a game were the ref was just that "shoddy".

Never mind we won, we kept a clean sheet, we're in the next round

:pfgwa

ahibby
06-02-2012, 12:38 PM
There were times when he called the game back to give a freekick after allowing Killie the advantage rule. I've never seen a game being allowed to go on for as long as that and then being called back. Conversley when he had an opportunity to play the advantage rule for Hibs he stopped the game. Further, it was noticeable that the game was brought to an end during a Hibs break away and not the Killie attack just before it. Going by his decisions/actions he gave Killie more opportunity than he did Hibs. If tv shows we had a perfectly good goal chalked off then that just adds further to what I noticed.

aljo7-0
06-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Anywhere i can see it now? Missed the game and sportscene and the bbc highlights dont bother including it.

Go to BBC Iplayer and type Sportscene into the search - I was able to watch it yesterday.

Monts
06-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Go to BBC Iplayer and type Sportscene into the search - I was able to watch it yesterday.

Sorted thanks :aok:

AustinHibee
06-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Failed to book the two Killie players for diving in the second half.
Hopefully Fenlon has a word with compliance officer.