PDA

View Full Version : Enjoyment!

3pm
04-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I enjoyed the game today for the first time in ages!

Pretty Boy
04-02-2012, 05:46 PM
I wasn't even there but I enjoyed the snippets I read on the BBC and on here in between serving ****er rugby fans pints.

First time I've even enjoyed reading about Hibs in God knows how long.

matty_f
04-02-2012, 05:50 PM
To be fair, I enjoyed the St Johnstone game the other week, bar the mental defending I thought we were decent in that game and both teams created chances.

Gutted I missed the game today, it's bloody nice to be talking about a Hibs win though.:thumbsup:

greenlex
04-02-2012, 05:54 PM
First time I have left ER with a smile on my face in goodness knows how long.

Cropley10
04-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Busier upstairs in the West Upper too.

GreenCastle
04-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Think many did seem to enjoy it -some new players - improved organisation and a win! :greengrin

I am still for summer football - I was FREEZING...was wondering what parents with kids were like!!

Home form needs to continue to improve if we are to grow the fan base again :agree:

fat freddy
04-02-2012, 06:06 PM
best match at easter rd. this season...the feelgood factor has finally returned after an absence of two years

Stevie Reid
04-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Very enjoyable cup tie, with reason for (cautious) optimism for the rest of the season.

I actually enjoyed watching us defend today, can't remember the last time I could say that!

The desire that the players showed to put their body on the line to protect the clean sheet (inspired by the superb McPake) was fantastic to see, something I haven't seen at Hibs since the McLeish days I reckon. Fenlon congratulating the players at the end and coming to the fans gives me real hope that he is developing a strong team spirit that we so desperately need.

NAE NOOKIE
04-02-2012, 06:08 PM
It was actually quite exciting for a change, with some heroic defending by out lot in the last 10 minutes, spiced with some extremely poor decision making when we did have the ball.

Left the ground with a smile on my face for once.

:greengrin

SloopJB
04-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Think many did seem to enjoy it -some new players - improved organisation and a win! :greengrin

I am still for summer football - I was FREEZING...was wondering what parents with kids were like!!

Home form needs to continue to improve if we are to grow the fan base again :agree:

Must have been really bad the youngest and the oldest alike. not very comfortable in that cold. my hands were frozen.
Summer football must be given a chance.

I believe that the reintroduction of the reserve league is being discussed, that would be an opportunity to experiment with a larger league and summer football, might bring in some funds over the summer too.
I know there would difficulties but it shouldn't be ruled out.

machibby
04-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Great game and loads of positives to take. McPake was just superb, had almost forgot what a decent centre half look like. The win was enjoyable, but most of all for me was his performance.:top marks

Feed McGraw
04-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Great game and loads of positives to take. McPake was just superb, had almost forgot what a decent centre half look like. The win was enjoyable, but most of all for me was his performance.:top marks

Totally agree, he was just simply fantastic, well done James.

S.sct
04-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Did enjoy the win but not sure about the game. First 15 minutes was good but the rest was very average. But... I did enjoy certain performances which surprise, surprise included all of our back 4. There definately is improvement with the pit bull still to come so cautious optimism and quiet satisfaction on a win at ER.

Andy74
04-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Must have been really bad the youngest and the oldest alike. not very comfortable in that cold. my hands were frozen.
Summer football must be given a chance.

I believe that the reintroduction of the reserve league is being discussed, that would be an opportunity to experiment with a larger league and summer football, might bring in some funds over the summer too.
I know there would difficulties but it shouldn't be ruled out.

Or buy some winter gear?

I was quite toasty.

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM

You need to wear the correct clothing and footwear for the occasion, ask some of those parents with children and they will give you some tips on dressing for football in winter :greengrin

franks
04-02-2012, 09:10 PM
I think anyone whose gone to football for years knows how to dress for the football. But watching the match in sub zero(OK or close to it) conditions should be confined to history. Summer football please.:agree:

GreenCastle
04-02-2012, 10:50 PM
You need to wear the correct clothing and footwear for the occasion, ask some of those parents with children and they will give you some tips on dressing for football in winter :greengrin

Trust me - having lived in colder climates I do.

Ski socks, full body thermals, hat, gloves, jacket and snood and still was arctic!

I was well wrapped up compared to some and was still freezing!

Kids must hate it! Summer football at the way - :agree::thumbsup:

Saorsa
04-02-2012, 10:53 PM
I enjoyed todays game and I'm a miserable **** :agree:

frazeHFC
04-02-2012, 10:54 PM

:agree:

Saorsa
04-02-2012, 10:55 PM
:agree:shut yer face sonny :wink: :greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-02-2012, 11:01 PM
It was good to see that most folk stayed to the end and cheered the team off the park.

brianmc
05-02-2012, 01:59 AM
... And he told me when he watched the Hibs he never felt the cold,
And I knew what he meant as I got older...

Man up ffs!

Lucius Apuleius
05-02-2012, 05:46 AM

Did he buy you that pint?

brydekirk
05-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Good when the fans came together when we were defending at the end, GG

One Day
05-02-2012, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=Stevie Reid;3102429]Very enjoyable cup tie, with reason for (cautious) optimism for the rest of the season.

I actually enjoyed watching us defend today, can't remember the last time I could say that!

That was the plus factor for me today

PeterboroHibee
05-02-2012, 08:55 AM
I enjoyed the game, wasnt a flashy performance but we scored a good goal and defended well. Was nervous the last 10-15 minutes when they were really putting on the pressure but for once, a Hibs defence were able to hold on!

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2012, 05:05 PM
It was actually quite exciting for a change, with some heroic defending by out lot in the last 10 minutes, spiced with some extremely poor decision making when we did have the ball.

Left the ground with a smile on my face for once.

:greengrin

Ditto:agree::agree:

Green_one
05-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Good old blood and thunder game towards the end.

Thought my legs had fallen off mid second half - even though I kick every ball

Heartening, not a good technical performance but it looked like they cared:flag:

I thought the fans were reasonably noisey at times

Hope we get a decent draw at home on Monday

Thought the new boys did well. Looking forward to seeing Claros (Latapy Mark II:pray:)

Seveno
05-02-2012, 08:37 PM
I enjoyed the first hour more than I have done for ages. Well done to the team and PF.

Had to leave at that stage as my brother took ill. The stewards, paramedic and doctor were all fantastic. A side of the organisation that most people thankfully don't get to see but very impressive.

FranckSuzy
05-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I enjoyed the first hour more than I have done for ages. Well done to the team and PF.

Had to leave at that stage as my brother took ill. The stewards, paramedic and doctor were all fantastic. A side of the organisation that most people thankfully don't get to see but very impressive.

Hope he's ok :aok:

Seveno
05-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Hope he's ok :aok:

Recovering, thanks, mate.

Booked4Being-Ugly
05-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Took the wee man (6 y/o) to his first ever game.

He was saying on the Friday he didn't want to go as he doesn't like Hibs!!!

:slipper:

Glad to say, he loved every minute of it, singing the Hibs songs at the game and he was still singing them going to his bed tonight.

:smug:

George Clooney
06-02-2012, 09:07 AM
I enjoyed the game today for the first time in ages!

That's because for the first time in 12 months we won at home on a weekend.

GraniteCityHibs
06-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Very enjoyable cup tie, with reason for (cautious) optimism for the rest of the season.

The desire that the players showed to put their body on the line to protect the clean sheet (inspired by the superb McPake) was fantastic to see, something I haven't seen at Hibs since the McLeish days I reckon. Fenlon congratulating the players at the end and coming to the fans gives me real hope that he is developing a strong team spirit that we so desperately need.

Even Biscuits Preston sounded like he was enjoying us defending. (and I mean enjoying how well we were defending!)

His descriptions at times left a bit to be desired. Every time he spoke he said that 'Killie are coming more and more into the game here Richard!' or/and 'Hibs are dropping deeper and deeper here Richard!'.

By the fourth or fifth time he said this in the 2nd half I had visions of Killie spraying the ball around like Barca and Hibs defending on our own goal line.

I was driving back up the road from Cupar and listening to the game and my wife was watching me SMILE, listening to Alan Preston commentate on Hibs! I was punching the air instead of banging my head on the steering wheel!

For the first time in god knows how long, I wasn't feeling that sense of impending doom that a Killie goal was just round the corner. From what I was hearing I thought, 'we're going to see this out!'

What a refreshing change!

:flag::flag::flag: