PDA

View Full Version : well done pat

Hibiza
04-02-2012, 04:57 PM
well done pat and rod:flag:

johncrobertson@
04-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Really feel we have a special Manager in the making - hope we can keep him longer than the previous 4.

Cropley10
04-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Rod? You on the wind up :greengrin:

GreenCastle
04-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Not perfect....but we are getting better! :agree:

His players seem better the CC's players.

Just great to see his enthusiasm on the sidelines - must be great entertainment from the West lower :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Yes, we'll done Nutsy. His energy and enthusiasm make him stand out from the drab pack and if he isn't succesful here it won't be through lack of effort. Not a raving gob***** either, just a smart, hardworking guy with a bit of steel who wants the best for our club.

I count this as his first real game today.

Let's get 3 points against the Dons next week.

iwasthere1972
04-02-2012, 06:15 PM
well done pat and rod:flag:

I second that. Good times ahead.

Stevie Reid
04-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes, we'll done Nutsy. His energy and enthusiasm make him stand out from the drab pack and if he isn't succesful here it won't be through lack of effort. Not a raving gob***** either, just a smart, hardworking guy with a bit of steel who wants the best for our club.

I count this as his first real game today.

Let's get 3 points against the Dons next week.

:agree:

With Dunfermline at home to the Buns next week, and us at home to Celtic the week after, next week is huge, and the kind of game that we need to win if the rest of the season isn't going to be a relegation battle that will go right down to the wire.

Delighted with the extra quality that we have added, and what looks like a real team spirit - having an inspirational player like McPake as captain certainly helps.

greenlex
04-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Not perfect....but we are getting better! :agree:

His players seem better the CC's players.

Just great to see his enthusiasm on the sidelines - must be great entertainment from the West lower :greengrin
A word of caution. This time last year we were hailing Calderwoods players as an improvement. We were at the start of a fabulous February.

Billy Whizz
04-02-2012, 06:21 PM
A word of caution. This time last year we were hailing Calderwoods players as an improvement. We were at the start of a fabulous February.

Your right, but I think we have better players this year

matty_f
04-02-2012, 06:30 PM

I still maintain that our season would have finished much more positively last season had it not been for 'Missing March' following 'Fabulous February'.

We completely lost momentum and by the time we played again we were assured SPL safety and unfortunately, pretty much assured bottom 6 football. There was nothing tangible for the players to play for and so we were pish. I think if we'd had a run of games after Feb last year, we'd have taken far more points than we eventually did.

As for this season, I hope today was a turning point. New faces, new start etc. From what I gather the support was first class today, I hope it remains so.

I'm convinced that we've a good manager in Fenlon, his record is nothing but success pre-Hibs and from what I gather the guy works almost 24/7 on Hibs.

For me, his priorities should be (in order):

1) SPL survival
2) Get as far in the Cup as possible. Maybe even win the bloody thing.
3) Finish the season as strongly as possible, winning games to end on a high rather than the huge downer that we ended on last season.

I think Fenlon has the full backing of the support. I haven't heard many grumbles in earnest about him yet. Long may it continue.

:pfgwa

brydekirk
04-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Your right, but I think we have better players this year

I agree, but we will miss Mc Pake next week

PaulSmith
04-02-2012, 06:45 PM
I still maintain that our season would have finished much more positively last season had it not been for 'Missing March' following 'Fabulous February'.

We completely lost momentum and by the time we played again we were assured SPL safety and unfortunately, pretty much assured bottom 6 football. There was nothing tangible for the players to play for and so we were pish. I think if we'd had a run of games after Feb last year, we'd have taken far more points than we eventually did.

As for this season, I hope today was a turning point. New faces, new start etc. From what I gather the support was first class today, I hope it remains so.

I'm convinced that we've a good manager in Fenlon, his record is nothing but success pre-Hibs and from what I gather the guy works almost 24/7 on Hibs.

For me, his priorities should be (in order):

1) SPL survival
2) Get as far in the Cup as possible. Maybe even win the bloody thing.
3) Finish the season as strongly as possible, winning games to end on a high rather than the huge downer that we ended on last season.

I think Fenlon has the full backing of the support. I haven't heard many grumbles in earnest about him yet. Long may it continue.

:pfgwa

Matty, dinnae...just dinnae :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I agree, but we will miss Mc Pake next week

Of course but hopefully his replacement will be Doherty at CB with Francombe going to FB and Pitbull slotting into midfield.

If we bring back O'Hanlon he might play out his skin to ensure he isn't forgotten about.

iain nolan
04-02-2012, 07:35 PM
This was a very inportant win for the club today .
managment team to see the new team get off to a winning start .
new players would be delighted to get winning start
other players may get a lift from winning a game
fans nice to go into work on monday still in the cup :flag:

Gatecrasher
04-02-2012, 08:00 PM
:pfgwa:pfgwa

Golden Bear
05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Interesting interview with Pat in today's SP.

He revealed:-

" The ones that weren't playing needed to go. Michael Hart was the only one I'd say didn't come into that category because he was a good professional"

"You've got to have four or five leaders and I need characters that tick those boxes. It's an area, I think, that's been neglected here in terms of recruitment. The players are looking for someone to follow"

He went on to explain that because the Club were second bottom it was difficult to commit to players beyond the end of the season. "It would be a big plus if we stayed up at the end of the season and we can keep 4 or 5 of the boys. We have few contractual options in that regard. I also hope we'll be a more attractive proposition for players by then."

"In the summer there are areas of the Club I believe need looking at. But, first things first - we must stay up"

"Ive been successful at Clubs where I know there's no hope of bringing more people through the gates but it's all here at Hibs"

He also talks in glowing terms of emerging talents like Ross Caldwell and Sammy Stanton and confirms that one priority is extending Caldwell's contract but a rumoured change of agent has complicated matters :rolleyes: "He's given me his word that he wants to stay. Hopefully we can sort it out"

Pat also urged the SFA to rethink their plans for an Under 20 league and stated his preference for the re-introduction of the Reserve League.

A very informative article imo and as usual ------------ the man talks sense.