PDA

View Full Version : James McPake

hibeemikey21
04-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Utterly imperious. Flawless performance. Brought Hanlon on leaps and bounds. What a signing. Get negotiating now for a permanant deal! :not worth

Hibby D
04-02-2012, 05:40 PM
We'll miss him next week :boo hoo:

hibee_girl
04-02-2012, 05:42 PM
:agree:

We've been crying out for someone like him, someone who is willing to throw themselves at shots etc. Well deserved MOTM award today.

gackohibs
04-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Cracking signing. Will miss him next week. Big time!!

What a difference, having an experienced, no nonsense centre half! Been crying out for someone like him for years!

smurf
04-02-2012, 05:45 PM
He was superb. Hanlon perhaps slightly better IMHO!

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Played very well,along with the other defenders. Well done all of them.

leither17
04-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Couldn't fault anyone in defence today but Mcpake was superb and hanlon looked good as well

matty_f
I'm glad McPake did well. This is someone that Fenlon had to perservere with to get to the club, so hopefully he's well worth the wait.

A clean sheet... I feel faint!:thumbsup:

hibiedude
Just back and the lad played well at last we have signs that things are getting better.

GreenCastle
04-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Was solid and won everything in the air.

Makes such a difference having a decent CH who is a leader.

Thought he helped Hanlon out and his reaction at the end was great - really happy to win :thumbsup:

Surprised he doesn't go up for the corners as he's our best header of the ball - did he not score the disallowed one ?

Emerald
04-02-2012, 05:50 PM
What a difference and agree he brought Hanlon on. We won everything in the air today for a change, even won every header despite being smaller than that tit of a linesman on the East side (what way do I give it ref). If we could get a midfielder who could bridge the gap between the defence and forwards we could be cooking wi gas. :agree:

Andy74
04-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Outstanding. Don't know last player to chuck himself at everything.

Aldo
04-02-2012, 05:54 PM
What a difference and agree he brought Hanlon on. We won everything in the air today for a change, even Pa Sook Ma Jobbie won every header despite being smaller than that tit of a linesman on the East side (what way do I give it ref). If we could get a midfielder who could bridge the gap between the defence and forwards we could be cooking wi gas. :agree:

We've got one... He just needs the necessary paperwork.

Hiber-nation
04-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Exactly what we needed. OK it was only Killie and they're not the tallest or strongest but he won everything in the air, threw himself at every ball into the box and as others have said, brought Hanlon on leaps and bounds.

Brilliant Jamesie :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
04-02-2012, 06:00 PM
:thumbsup:

hibsbollah
04-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Flawless. Best centreback performance i can remember.

Andy74
04-02-2012, 06:02 PM
We've got one... He just needs the necessary paperwork.

Looking forward to adding him to that team!

tanfield
04-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Superb performance from McPake today. Get him signed!

frazeHFC
04-02-2012, 06:08 PM
He was absolutely fantastic. :thumbsup:

bigwheel
04-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Great 90 mins.... Love to see a centre half throw his body in front on 2 goal bound shots...also was great to see Doherty and Stevenson do the same in rapid succession with 5 mins to go....now that's what playing for Hibs should be about ! Superb effort...

Westie1875
04-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Captain Fantastic :agree: :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
04-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Great 90 mins.... Love to see a centre half throw his body in front on 2 goal bound shots...also was great to see Doherty and Stevenson do the same in rapid succession with 5 mins to go....now that's what playing for Hibs should be about ! Superb effort...

We were defending so deep - but those blocks were like a goal being scored - well done to Doherty and Stevenson :top marks

Hibee87
04-02-2012, 06:24 PM
excellent game fae the big man not only did he win everything he actually looked to head the ball out to a hibs player and not just anywhere up the park,

its a shame he played so well actually as i would love yo have given pa sook ma jobbie MOM but mcpake well deserved it :thumbsup:

skipster7
04-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Utterly imperious. Flawless performance. Brought Hanlon on leaps and bounds. What a signing. Get negotiating now for a permanant deal! :not worth

completely agree,its been a while since we had someone like him:agree:

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-02-2012, 06:35 PM
I can't even think of a single mistake he made?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.976519,-3.171157

Sodje_18
04-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Words can't describe how impressed I was with him :not worth

BT58
04-02-2012, 06:44 PM
cant we sign him now,,,,,,,,,,,,,or is that asking too much
bt

ronaldo7
04-02-2012, 06:50 PM
At long last, someone who deserves the captain's armband.

He was immense today. Well done James

Pretty Boy
04-02-2012, 06:53 PM
He's pish. Will get found out soon enough.

Sorry but all this positive talking is scaring me.

machibby
04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Absolute :top marks, flawless and fearless. Killie brought on their new big forward and McPake just made him look like a kid. If there is any chance of getting this guy on a permanent contract then please Hibs board get it done. Can't believe given Coventry's dire situation he's not been getting a game

hibsbollah
04-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Fenlon deserves massive credit for making McPake Captain straight away. Clearly a great judge of player as well as a great judge of character.

bighairyfaeleith
04-02-2012, 07:42 PM
The way mcpake directed the defence was great today. From the east I could hear him shouting directions at the other players and hanlon definitely played better as a result.

Sign him up petrie!!

Barney McGrew
04-02-2012, 07:57 PM
He's what we've been missing for years, a real captain who backed up the armband with a performance.

Out. Standing.

BroxburnHibee
04-02-2012, 08:01 PM

Absolute pleasure watching him today

Long may it continue :thumbsup:

M11BMO
04-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Best CH performance i can remember in years. Immense.

Malthibby
04-02-2012, 08:04 PM
What they all said...........
GG

Leitherhibs
04-02-2012, 08:05 PM
fergie sign him up.

stoneyburn hibs
04-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Right there is no doubt that McPake was excellent today , but is it not just a case of a player doing what he is paid to do and we have been starved of seeing a performance like that for so long from a cb ?

ALF TUPPER
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
The way mcpake directed the defence was great today. From the east I could hear him shouting directions at the other players and hanlon definitely played better as a result.

Sign him up petrie!!

Absolutely.
He marshalled everyone around him today , talked Hanlon through the game, and lead by example. Excellent performance.

I really enjoyed today. Considering they guys only met days ago I was well chuffed.

Even the old Victor Meldrews who i sit next to in the West and havent seen a good Hibs team since the 1920s were popping their collective hips to give the team a standing ovation. Remarkable !

Thanks everyone at Hibernian for today. Its been a long time coming but today was our day.

Now i'm off out for s beer ..... cheers!!

hibsbollah
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Right there is no doubt that McPake was excellent today , but is it not just a case of a player doing what he is paid to do and we have been starved of seeing a performance like that for so long from a cb ?

In some respects you're right. But you expect a player who is just 'doing what theyre paid to' to make the odd mistake, misplace a pass etc. But he was pretty much faultless throughout the 95 minutes. Thats exceptional at whatever level youre playing at.

truehibernian
04-02-2012, 08:24 PM
In some respects you're right. But you expect a player who is just 'doing what theyre paid to' to make the odd mistake, misplace a pass etc. But he was pretty much faultless throughout the 95 minutes. Thats exceptional at whatever level youre playing at.

One moment in the second half summed him up. The ball was zipped over his head and for a moment I thought he was in two minds to leave it. He didn't.....he read the flight enough to get an important directed touch back to Stack. I know it's if's and but's but if we had had the previous combinations in there I think hesitancy would have won the day and the Killie player would have been clean through.

A really good, commanding Easter Road debut which meant a lot to him as we saw at full time. Keep those kind of performances coming please.

As a wee aside.....at each delivery into their box, from set pieces, he was a handful and occupied markers who were clearly bothered by his presence. Only late into the second half did he remain back. That for me is a good sign as we have not scored enough goals from set pieces. If opposition players worry about him then it frees up space. He attacks balls rather than waits for them. Good player.

Deano_70
04-02-2012, 08:27 PM

It is a case of this but for me McPake stepped above and beyond that today. I think if you had cut him today he would have bled green! He won everything in the air his tackling was like nothing I have seen for YEARS in a Hibs strip. You would have thought he was a die in the wool Hibby. If thats whats to come get the cheque book out and build a team round him. He also brought the best out in Hanlon today, he was superb today too.

The wee man was immense today too, he tore up that left side like it was his. Couple of interesting attempts at crosses but he looks a player!! The boy from Wolves was immense also, deceivingly quick and very strong

GloriousHibs
04-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Reminds me of Gordon Hunter does Mr McPake. No nonsense defending, vocal, determined, assured- fantastic.

Mr McPake does love the Celtic though, check his tweets, no shame there but if he impresses, watch the lesser greens and west side media sell his obvious abilities. Sign him up rodders - sell the Hibernian dream

S.sct
04-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Outstanding, can't remember the last time I used that word to describe a Hibs centre half.

Saorsa
04-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Utterly imperious. Flawless performance. Brought Hanlon on leaps and bounds. What a signing. Get negotiating now for a permanant deal! :not worth:aok:

Heraghty's
04-02-2012, 11:17 PM
PWOPPER DEFENDING. :agree:

Worrying thing, though, is that we sat back so deep because our midfield wasn't able to press the game higher up the pitch.
Fitness levels have to improve throughout the team.
But it's a start.
Big James could change our season. :flag:

capitals_finest
04-02-2012, 11:36 PM
His performance and the desire he showed today has re lit my fire for the hibees.

I can tell you this now if we can tie this lad down for a few seasons he could be the seed for something special. A team needs a leader and a leader at the back is even better. Get him ***** signed up now Rod.

Buzzin after seeing the highlights :thumbsup:

7Hero
04-02-2012, 11:52 PM
I am fortunate enough to employ a Hibs squad player mother.

So I asked her why does mcpake get the armband.

Her answer..

Because he is the only leader , a leader of men....

And he will do it for me... Lol...

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using Tapatalk

hibs4life
05-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Great performance from McPake - well done to him (and Pat Fenlon for bringing him in).
Think we can improve on today's performance as we disappointed at times going forward, But, the main thing is that this is hopefully the start of a building exercise and as our main area of concern has been defence, Pat seems to have taken some strides to sort out this problem.
Hopefully it's upwards and onwards from here on in....

basehibby
05-02-2012, 04:29 AM

:agree: He was great ! Particularly loved his unadulterated joy at the end at achieving the all important clean sheet - clearly took a lot of pride in it and lead the team in taking their well desrved plaudits like a true captain- :thumbsup:
:pfgwa

KiddA
05-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Magic stuff James :thumbsup: c'mon Hibs don't mess about with this one and give him a contract to stay here beyond this season :agree:

bingo70
05-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Is he out of contract in the summer?

Barney McGrew
05-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Is he out of contract in the summer?

He signed a three and half year deal with Coventry when he moved there in January 2009, so he's still got a year to run.

Aldo
05-02-2012, 09:06 AM
He signed a three and half year deal with Coventry when he moved there in January 2009, so he's still got a year to run.

Hopefully will be able to persuade him to stay and a fee to secure his services on a long term contract.

Build from the back.... Get a strong spine of a team and build from there. Hence we should get him signed up soonest.

Part/Time Supporter
05-02-2012, 09:18 AM

January 2009 + 3.5 years = out of contract this summer

Barney McGrew
05-02-2012, 09:43 AM

:doh:

Just as well someone is on the ball this morning :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
05-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Paddy Fenlon, and Jim McPakey
Ian Blacks a f--------- jakey

GreenCastle
05-02-2012, 12:35 PM

Few more good performances and other teams will be after him also :agree:

McPake is 27 and will continue to get better with more games - if the club don't sit down with him in a few weeks if he is still performing then they may will regret it.

Iggy Pope
05-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Something about the name, James McPake. Evokes images of St Marys Street Halls c.1875...........

I'm sure if the opposition were to get past him they'd find themselves malky'd by his handy spade!

:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Played very well,along with the other defenders. Well done all of them.

First time this season that the back four did what was required, pleasing to see McPake put in a captain's performance, and Hanlon looked better alongside him....Great to see players throwing themselves in to block ball, a real fighting spirit yesterday

JimBHibees
05-02-2012, 06:26 PM

I'm sure I saw on one of the Coventry fan sites that he had signed an extension to summer 2013. Might be wrong of course.

JimBHibees
05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
First time this season that the back four did what was required, pleasing to see McPake put in a captain's performance, and Hanlon looked better alongside him....Great to see playing throwing themselves in to block ball, a real fighting spirit yesterday

Yep great to see McPake, Doherty and Stevenson blocks at the end of the game were brilliant to see. Thought Doherty's block at the end was fantastic. Real heart and defending. What Hibs should be all about.

Westie1875
05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm sure I saw on one of the Coventry fan sites that he had signed an extension to summer 2013. Might be wrong of course.

According to this he did

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/other-sport/hearts_and_hibs_eye_james_mcpake_after_transfer_re quest_1_2036158

Bishop Hibee
05-02-2012, 06:48 PM
McPake was brilliant yesterday. He'll be a real miss v Aberdeen.

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2012, 07:23 PM
McPake was brilliant yesterday. He'll be a real miss v Aberdeen.

He has set a standard now, and whoever is picked next week will have to go some to keep McPake out of Celtic match.....

Hopefully we will see better performances from all as competition is healthy.