PDA

View Full Version : Kujabi

SteveHFC
04-02-2012, 05:12 PM
He looks like a good wee player.

hibsbollah
04-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Thats an understatement, i thought he was tremendous. A few dodgy set pieces at the start but he won everything, and that dribble along the left touchline...

Ooo Kujabi :flag:

Broken Gnome
04-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Part of a back four that was brilliant.

NOLA
04-02-2012, 05:23 PM
He looks like a good wee player. surely not hibs class.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2012, 05:27 PM
The run up the touchline was the best bit of footie i have seen from us in ages. Surely the new HKT????

mentalhibee
04-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Roberto Carlos is the Brazilian Kujabi!! Looked great, had Dayton on toast.

bighairyfaeleith
04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
surely not hibs class.

Nope thats whats so good about him :)

bighairyfaeleith
04-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Think wotherspoon will get his confidence back as well with kujabi on the same side

Glad we gave this boy a permanent deal

Hibs Class
04-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Good going forward, got caught out of position a few times though, and I'm sure teams will try to exploit his lack of height. A joy to watch today, and great to have a player who gets the crowd on their feet which then gives the whole team a lift.

smurf
04-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Defensively competent. Going forward he looked tremendous. Great debut!

GreenCastle
04-02-2012, 05:48 PM
That run then pass to Doyle got a standing ovation from the stadium in the second half.

Defensively he did well - only got beat once.

Put in some great corners - just needs to work on other deliveries but overall part of a pretty solid back 4 :thumbsup:

thekaratekid
04-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Cult figure in the making :agree:

Andy74
04-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Pretty solid wee guy. Great run. Fans come to watch that. It was Latapy type ability!

bigwheel
04-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Kujabi - The black Erich Schaedler !! :greengrin

Great going forward ...

Cropley10
04-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Great debut, no question.

frazeHFC
04-02-2012, 06:10 PM
He was amazing! His run was celebrated like a goal. :thumbsup:

Ooh Kujabi!

.SeventyFive
04-02-2012, 06:14 PM
I thought he was brilliant! By the end of the game Killie weren't even bothering trying to deal with him.

Really exciting player to watch!

HH81
04-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Super super played man of match for me.

col02
04-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Been missing someone like that since Zemmama so a welcome addition to have someone who is happy to go forward on runs that get fans off their seats!

shamo9
04-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Good combination of skill and fight shown today by Kujabi. While we've been forced into cautious optimism over signings thanks to the last failed batch, the fact that he looked to possess genuine control and vision is certainly pleasing. Granted, his passing was a little erratic, but hopefully he'll find his range with regular football. He still illustrated on ocassion that he can whip in a terrific ball from a set piece once the team is all on the same wavelength.

Going forward it's good to see he's so confident going forward; meaning when his lack of stature is inevitable targeted by more direct teams we could perhaps protect him by putting him further up. Another positive him linking up well with Wotherspoon on a number of ocassions. Too often we've played like a team of strangers unsure what the next guy with the ball is going to do. I wouldn't mind seeing what a Kujabi/Booth partnership down the left could do:cb

Sodje_18
04-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Thought considering his size he was pretty good in the air. Tremendous going forward as well, welcome the to the hibees wee Roberto :not worth

Stevie Reid
04-02-2012, 07:21 PM
The last time that we played any truly excellent football was when we had two excellent full backs in Murphy and Whittaker. If Kujabi can play like that the majority of the time, he'll be a real find.

marleyhib
04-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Outstanding debut, can undoubtedly play - looks like a find

Very happy

Sir David Gray
04-02-2012, 07:24 PM
If today's a sign of things to come then we've found a gem here.

He was brilliant today, really exciting going forward, looks comfortable on the ball and looks as if he can handle himself as well.

Looking forward to watching him over the next 18 months.

essexhibee
04-02-2012, 07:25 PM
careful lads we don't want him getting Palssonitis. :greengrin

At The Edge
04-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Really really impressed with Rab, the run down the touchline was immense, been missing that at ER for a long time. he reads the game well, for being short as was a worry by some, he can jump.
well impressed

ooo Kujabi ooo Kujabi
:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
04-02-2012, 08:41 PM
I thought he did well and gave us a few exciting moments. Has quick feet and likes to get forward. He's played at a decent level before but wonder why he hasn't been able to get a club for 2 years!

CRAZYHIBBY
04-02-2012, 08:55 PM
mon Rab C Kujabi !!!

Jack
04-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Kujabi - The black Erich Schaedler !! :greengrin

Great going forward ...

We could have a folk hero in the making if he carries on like that :-)

Reminded me more of an Arthur Duncan, rather than Erich, with his nutcase moments i.e. has moments of brilliance but then o_O

PeterboroHibee
04-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I was very impressed with him. Strong, good in the air and positionally he was good (think he was only caught out once or twice later on, and given that hes probably a bit rusty in terms of match fitness, kind of expected). Dayton ripped Booth apart earlier in the season, and you could see they kept trying to get the ball to him, but Kujabi had him in his pocket.

He also looked exciting when he picked the ball up and looked to go forward, especially that one run where he went past a few players and put Doyle in, something we havent had in a long time. Passing and his free kicks were a bit hit and miss but that should improve with games. Obviously its only one game and we need to see how he does with a run in the team, but if thats the way he plays, he could be a real find.

Also think Doherty on the other side was equally as good (without showing as much flair). Solid and was pretty much untroubled for the whole game, looks like he is quite quick as well. Been a long time since we had 2 fullbacks who are both potentially solid and dependable.

Irish_Steve
04-02-2012, 10:21 PM
careful lads we don't want him getting Palssonitis. :greengrin

Too true! Altho his dribble down the wing was the best thing for yrs, there was more than one occasion where he just about covered himself after being caught out of position.

But yes, a cult hero in the making

Nakedmanoncrack
04-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Best debut by a new signing in years, never like to rush to a judgement, but hope he can keep it up.

Alfred E Newman
04-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Pleasantly surprised. On that performance he looks to be a great addition in fact the whole back four today were outstanding. When was the last time we were able to say that?

basehibby
05-02-2012, 04:22 AM
Thats an understatement, i thought he was tremendous. A few dodgy set pieces at the start but he won everything, and that dribble along the left touchline...

:agree: My MOM today - brilliant couple of run/combos with Wotherspoon - but more importantly, had the Killie RM in his pocket for most of the game - added a bit of sparkle to the game as well as helping to transform the hibs defence from a ramshackle outfit to something resembling a well oiled machine.

In short Kujabi was the Cajonies! :thumbsup: :pfgwa

stanton_4
05-02-2012, 09:29 AM
I think you can tell how happy McPake was to have an experienced solid fullback along side him by his reaction at the end of the game. He almost suffocated the wee dude. It looked to me like the two of them know what's needed and will hopefully be able to pull the defense together.

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2012, 06:04 PM
The run up the touchline was the best bit of footie i have seen from us in ages. Surely the new HKT????

And his ball to Doyle was sublime vision.....Going to be a firm fans favourite, of that I have no doubt

spike220
25-06-2014, 09:17 AM

I am sorry I could not resist digging up this thread. Enjoy the read!!:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
25-06-2014, 09:18 AM
What a truly harrowing read.

spike220
25-06-2014, 09:22 AM

Aye, but for which team?

Smartie
25-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Unfortunately for Kujabi had had a honking game when it mattered most, and even then he was let down by some of the worst refereeing we'll ever be on the receiving end of.

On the whole he was actually not bad for us.

Tin hat on.

SlickShoes
25-06-2014, 09:23 AM
I am sorry I could not resist digging up this thread. Enjoy the read!!:greengrin

people were wrong and you were right hahahahahahahaha :aok:

spike220
25-06-2014, 09:25 AM
people were wrong and you were right hahahahahahahaha :aok:

No I think I liked him too when he started. He made fools of us all!

Lewis77
25-06-2014, 09:26 AM
He sounds like a card game from the exotic far east

Stevie Reid
25-06-2014, 09:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ECoR__tJNQ

TowerHibs
25-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Ah the finkleness of the football fan!!!!

Think it just shows that there vast majority on here base a lot of their opinion after 1 performance, good or bad.

The reality is that playing in Scotland, if you any sort of ability then you will also be inconsistant.

Steve-O
25-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Think wotherspoon will get his confidence back as well with kujabi on the same side

Glad we gave this boy a permanent deal

:faf:

hfc rd
25-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Made me a chuckle a bit. The only good game he ever played for us.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-06-2014, 10:01 AM
If today's a sign of things to come then we've found a gem here.

He was brilliant today, really exciting going forward, looks comfortable on the ball and looks as if he can handle himself as well.

Looking forward to watching him over the next 18 months.

How did that work out then? :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
25-06-2014, 10:14 AM
:faf:

:greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-06-2014, 10:20 AM

Aye? :greengrin

greenpaper55
25-06-2014, 10:23 AM

Oh you bad man, i had forgotten about him.

Turkish Green
25-06-2014, 10:37 AM
It would appear that the tug on the wee Spaniard's shirt was his last action as a professional footballer. As far as I can gather, according to the Gambian FA, he is "unattached". Although he could be back playing in the Gambian league under an assumed name.

Sir David Gray
25-06-2014, 10:43 AM
How did that work out then? :greengrin

Hindsight's a wonderful thing. :wink:

Sir David Gray
25-06-2014, 10:44 AM
It would appear that the tug on the wee Spaniard's shirt was his last action as a professional footballer. As far as I can gather, according to the Gambian FA, he is "unattached". Although he could be back playing in the Gambian league under an assumed name.

Anyone playing in Gambia under the name "Roberto Carlos"?

If so, that's him. :agree:

Stevie Reid
25-06-2014, 10:51 AM

He actually made his last appearance from us in the League Cup defeat to QOS at the start of the 2012-13 season. He got the shepherd's crook at half time in that game - like he should have in the cup final.

RP1875
25-06-2014, 10:52 AM
That free kick :idiot:

Cameron1875
25-06-2014, 11:02 AM
What a find! Poor Spoony, we never gave him a chance eh! Imagine making him have to track back to cover Kujabi! :faf:

Anyway, Pa managed to have an even worse game down at Queen of South when Fenlon gave him another chance. IIRC he was hooked at half time :(

DC_Hibs
25-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Dig out the victor palsson one. Sauzeesque apparently!

Shows how OTT folk can be. Hero to zero like mcpake.

No inbetween either as claros thread showed.

erin go bragh
25-06-2014, 07:13 PM
This thread all over broke back . Mericks loving it . Dearie me . No got a banging head against the wall smiley .

Ggtth

Jonnyboy
25-06-2014, 07:17 PM
This thread all over broke back . Mericks loving it . Dearie me . No got a banging head against the wall smiley .

Ggtth

You could shut them up by mentioning Hans Eskilsson :greengrin

3pm
25-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Hertz *****.

we are hibs
25-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Tbf that game in the cup vs killie he was outstanding. Had a stunning run from his own half, shame about the other 12 games.

Gmack7
25-06-2014, 08:24 PM
or the bosnian bullet:greengrin

lord bunberry
25-06-2014, 08:26 PM
There was a similar thread for Danny Haynes after his first game, he was going to be a right good player apparently

zlatan
25-06-2014, 10:14 PM

Ggtth

Och it's nice to look back and have a giggle every now and then.

Still watch this regularly and chuckle. Will never forget watching it on tv and subsequent crowd noise of laughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qk_ucUIwws

Sir David Gray
25-06-2014, 10:17 PM

Or Albert Kidd.

SRHibs
25-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Dig out the victor palsson one. Sauzeesque apparently!

Shows how OTT folk can be. Hero to zero like mcpake.

No inbetween either as claros thread showed.

Palsson's attitude was questionable, but even then he was a class above most of his teammates IMO. Would've loved to have kept him in the team personally.

The_Horde
25-06-2014, 10:31 PM
Maybe someone should make a beslijia or benny useless thread?

SaulGoodman
25-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Who was that player Hertz got on loan last season? They were all buzzing about him.

Pretty sure his total contribution was missing a pen against ICT

Sir David Gray
25-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Who was that player Hertz got on loan last season? They were all buzzing about him.

Pretty sure his total contribution was missing a pen against ICT

Paul McCallum.

On loan from West Ham.

The_Horde
25-06-2014, 10:55 PM
The fact you can't even remember his name says it all.

iwasthere1972
25-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Och it's nice to look back and have a giggle every now and then.

Still watch this regularly and chuckle. Will never forget watching it on tv and subsequent crowd noise of laughter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qk_ucUIwws

Same one I took from the east stand.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xU92bJdIROM

JJP
25-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Had more than one good game for us and was popular until the cup final. Shame for the guy to only be remembered for one bad game where the manager's tactics left him hopelessly exposed. That and a bias ref did him no favours. Matt Doherty has always been my chosen scapegoat because he's just a prick.

The Green Goblin
25-06-2014, 11:49 PM

Ggtth

If thats really the case, then they are even more pathetic and obssessed than I thought. Do they really have nothing better to cream themselves about? Maybe they should be reflecting on the Wonga revelations. Birds of a feather and all that.... :greengrin

RIP Bestie
26-06-2014, 01:52 AM
Well done for bringing this out Spike.
Hope this is a lesson to all the "welcome to Hibs" and "what a fantastic signing" brigades.
Could you maybe look out the OTJ threads and embarrass some of the posters on that as well?

Viva_Palmeiras
26-06-2014, 03:54 AM

I'll raise you a Tomas Brolin - what a lassie!

spike220
26-06-2014, 07:37 AM
Had more than one good game for us and was popular until the cup final. Shame for the guy to only be remembered for one bad game where the manager's tactics left him hopelessly exposed. That and a bias ref did him no favours. Matt Doherty has always been my chosen scapegoat because he's just a prick.

:agree:

Lucius Apuleius
26-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Well done for bringing this out Spike.
Hope this is a lesson to all the "welcome to Hibs" and "what a fantastic signing" brigades.
Could you maybe look out the OTJ threads and embarrass some of the posters on that as well?

In the interests of equality the "wtf are we signing this useless $#@"'%& brigade should also stfu until they see a player play.

Pretty Boy
26-06-2014, 07:46 AM

Or Gordan Petric.

They paid him £8K a week. £8000 a week for Petric!!

The overspending only started under Vlad though....

RIP Bestie
26-06-2014, 07:47 AM
In the interests of equality the "wtf are we signing this useless $#@"'%& brigade should also stfu until they see a player play.
Totally agree

Aldo
26-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Or Gordan Petric. They paid him £8K a week. £8000 a week for Petric!! The overspending only started under Vlad though....

That's when they got that money from SMG or something.

Don't forget Fitzsroy Simpson and the likes.

Mega bucks for crap!!

CraigHibee
26-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Or Albert Kidd.

SIR Albert Kidd :wink:

--------
26-06-2014, 09:28 AM
What a find! Poor Spoony, we never gave him a chance eh! Imagine making him have to track back to cover Kujabi! :faf:

Anyway, Pa managed to have an even worse game down at Queen of South when Fenlon gave him another chance. IIRC he was hooked at half time :(

"Poor Spoony" now has a Scottish Cup Winner's medal - as a St Johnstone player in the Premiership.

Hibs are in the Championship, and could use "poor Spoony" right now.

Just saying. :wink: