PDA

View Full Version : O'connor & the huns

Bostonhibby
04-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Just wondered

Is he taking the piss oot o them and the Meeja generally through all the stuff we hear about him joining them, or anyone else for that matter

Or is he taking the piss oot of us by talking as if he is going to them when he shouldn't be talking that way?

Personally I want him wi his Hibs heid on for as long as we can keep him, so never even thought aboot posting the question til after the window. Not sure he is clever enough for the former and don't think he'd ever do the latter?

GGTTH

TornadoHibby
04-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Just wondered

Is he taking the piss oot o them and the Meeja generally through all the stuff we hear about him joining them, or anyone else for that matter

Or is he taking the piss oot of us by talking as if he is going to them when he shouldn't be talking that way?

Personally I want him wi his Hibs heid on for as long as we can keep him, so never even thought aboot posting the question til after the window. Not sure he is clever enough for the former and don't think he'd ever do the latter?

GGTTH

Whatever, but he really does need to start doing it on the park for Hibs real soon! :confused: :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-02-2012, 09:30 PM
On the day's showing then nae loss.

Coco Bryce
04-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Absolute garbage again today.

Overweight, slow and first touch of an elephant

coco22
04-02-2012, 09:40 PM
on his day o'connor is a class act. i think he looks massively over weight at the moment for a pro fitba player and dont think there was any reality in the rumours of him moving on to bigger / better clubs in his condition. i hope that he gets himself back on track and back in amongst the goals.

stoneyburn hibs
04-02-2012, 09:58 PM
O'Connor has got the talent as we all know, but for me he did not try a leg today , needs to get over himself a realise that he is at ER for the remainder of the season , doyle easily covered twice as much ground as him today, and i would have doyle and leigh start before him on current form

AlbertK86
05-02-2012, 06:57 AM
I actually thought he put a lot of effort in for the first half hour but then looked knackered. Needs to shed a couple of stone

HH81
05-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Does O'Connor even train everyday? Looks to me like he eats takeaways all week and then turns up on a Saturday :greengrin

Gatecrasher
05-02-2012, 07:30 AM
I find it amazing that he actually looks more overweight now than he did at the start of the season

cad
05-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Depends how you look at it , Garry is on the mend some want to give him time , some dont , lack of effort wont go unoticed by the fans or PF if hes playing Pat thinks hes doing enough if hes not he wont be playing ,circumstances may dictate Pats choice after all .
TBH the prick sitting in the stand as a Hibs supporter should be having a serious with himself for the situation hes put the club and himself in unacceptable IMO I would have dipped him , come then end of the season if Garrys not improving he shouldnt expect to be here either .

hibee_girl
05-02-2012, 09:00 AM
I find it amazing that he actually looks more overweight now than he did at the start of the season

:agree:

Sammy7nil
05-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Gary looks well overweight and I think that is showing a lack of respect to the club.
The least he can do is work hard and get fit. I know he has a lot on at the moment but he needs to wise up he is 28 and needs to be playing well.

I think he will leave Hibs and show he can still score however if he does stay I can see him (and his HUGEARSE) just drifting along.

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2012, 05:03 PM

Sadly I have to agree, what has gone wrong?? He was banging in goals earlier in Season and looking leaner, he is now not scoring, and looking distinctly unfit

Macaroon
05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Sadly I have to agree, what has gone wrong?? He was banging in goals earlier in Season and looking leaner, he is now not scoring, and looking distinctly unfit

Trying to get himself in the shop windows for the Ugly Sisters and then realised it wasnae happening. Queue a mysterious shortage of pies on matchdays and Scotland's first millionaire chippy owner

silverhibee
05-02-2012, 06:53 PM

The big man has never been the same since the International break when Scotland played in Spain, the Hibs team were given up to almost a week of and he just seemed to baloon up then and with picking up a few niggly injuries as well he has struggled to lose the weight while injured and not doing training.

He needs to get himself back to the way he was looking at the start of the season, make or break for him, a good finish to the end of the season from him and he will get a move elsewhere, a poor finish from him and still looking over weight at the end of the season and he will struggle to get a contract with Hibs next season.

Its up to Garry simple as that, when he wants to he can work hard on the training ground and get in shape, its when he picks up injuries that the weight seems to pile on, not his best game yesterday, but he was puffing after about 30 minutes in to the game.

If i was PF i would have him doing a bit more training and still start him every game even though he is going through a bad spell, it happens to all strikers. :wink:

judas
05-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Totally agree, especially with regard to his weight. :agree:

He could take a lesson or two from Barry Bethel.

truehibernian
05-02-2012, 07:06 PM
The big man has never been the same since the International break when Scotland played in Spain, the Hibs team were given up to almost a week of and he just seemed to baloon up then and with picking up a few niggly injuries as well he has struggled to lose the weight while injured and not doing training.

He needs to get himself back to the way he was looking at the start of the season, make or break for him, a good finish to the end of the season from him and he will get a move elsewhere, a poor finish from him and still looking over weight at the end of the season and he will struggle to get a contract with Hibs next season.

Its up to Garry simple as that, when he wants to he can work hard on the training ground and get in shape, its when he picks up injuries that the weight seems to pile on, not his best game yesterday, but he was puffing after about 30 minutes in to the game.

If i was PF i would have him doing a bit more training and still start him every game even though he is going through a bad spell, it happens to all strikers. :wink:

Thing is SH, if we did indeed put a serious enquiry in for Sutton, that should be enough to tell Garry to get into shape pronto. He's coasting for me......yes, no doubt given his CV he will pick up a decent wage in a lower Championship side or top League One, but if that's what he wants out the game then it's sad. He looked as lean as I'd ever seen him up at Inverness. Maybe the off field things are getting into his head.....he is after all looking at jail time IMHO if things go against him for the driving thing. PF seems to be bringing in players with pace and fitness. All the players yesterday looked fit as fiddles and they have not been playing regular football. That bodes well for us, and will be a kick up the erchie for those that were already here.

matty_f
05-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Thing is SH, if we did indeed put a serious enquiry in for Sutton, that should be enough to tell Garry to get into shape pronto. He's coasting for me......yes, no doubt given his CV he will pick up a decent wage in a lower Championship side or top League One, but if that's what he wants out the game then it's sad. He looked as lean as I'd ever seen him up at Inverness. Maybe the off field things are getting into his head.....he is after all looking at jail time IMHO if things go against him for the driving thing. PF seems to be bringing in players with pace and fitness. All the players yesterday looked fit as fiddles and they have not been playing regular football. That bodes well for us, and will be a kick up the erchie for those that were already here.

:agree: Good shout.

Potentially, Garry should be about our best player. However, if I was picking a starting 11 today, my front two would be Griffiths and Doyle.

I think Fenlon's intent on making the "Hibs are easy money for players" reputation a thing of the past, and unless Garry gets on board with that soon then he'll get left behind.

marinello59
05-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I actually thought he put a lot of effort in for the first half hour but then looked knackered. Needs to shed a couple of stone

:agree:
I don't agree with those who reckon he wasn't interested. I actually thought he played quite well for the first half hour. He can still do it, up to him though.

GreenCastle
05-02-2012, 07:23 PM

He's still trying but does look a little sluggish - it seems that his court case is hanging over his head and that's only natural.

He's still our top scorer and an asset to the team / squad.

Silverhibee sums it up well - hopefully we can keep hold of him and he gets sharper again.

I do like the Doyle - LG up top combination and GOC coming off bench worked well at the Pars. Obviously can't happen at moment as LG can't play :rolleyes:

ancient hibee
05-02-2012, 07:29 PM
O'Connor and Riordan should be at the top of their games playing for top teams and established internationals.Very sad.

silverhibee
05-02-2012, 07:37 PM

Yeah agree with most of that, the only thing i am not to sure about is a move down south, dont think many teams will touch him with his reputation he has now down there, it will be the huns at the end of the season or abroad if he gets his act together and gets in shape again fast, if not and he is found guilty of his outstanding court cases then his career could well be over for him.

PS. Have you tried Reese's nutreagous and Reese's peanut butter cup sweets. :clapper: Worth a try. :greengrin

truehibernian
05-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah agree with most of that, the only thing i am not to sure about is a move down south, dont think many teams will touch him with his reputation he has now down there, it will be the huns at the end of the season or abroad if he gets his act together and gets in shape again fast, if not and he is found guilty of his outstanding court cases then his career could well be over for him.

PS. Have you tried Reese's nutreagous and Reese's peanut butter cup sweets. :clapper: Worth a try. :greengrin

They are indeed nice....not bad for an American imported confection.

I actually bought some Wagon Wheels last week on a whim.....wishing I hadn't as they are not what I remember them to be. There is clearly both a chocolate and mallow shortage at present.....I recall them being huge and the thickness of Stevie Fulton. Never again, I'm gonna stick to Gold Bars from now on with my morning cuppa.

silverhibee
05-02-2012, 08:47 PM
They are indeed nice....not bad for an American imported confection.

I actually bought some Wagon Wheels last week on a whim.....wishing I hadn't as they are not what I remember them to be. There is clearly both a chocolate and mallow shortage at present.....I recall them being huge and the thickness of Stevie Fulton. Never again, I'm gonna stick to Gold Bars from now on with my morning cuppa.

Know what you are saying about the wagon wheels, a poor choice of biscuit nowadays.

Gold Bars is a very good choice of biscuit indeed, could i add that Foxs Cream Nice biscuits do go down well with a cuppa too. :thumbsup:

Gaz still needs to lose weight though. :rolleyes: :greengrin :cb

essexhibee
05-02-2012, 09:38 PM

I was thinking this also. At the start of the season on first glance gazza looked bulky in muscular terms but then then I quickly realised it was all just fat :greengrin: pretty shocking that a professional athlete is in that shape.

Malthibby
05-02-2012, 11:11 PM
GoC is trying to be the new Barry Lavety; just no' quite as fat. Or good.
GG

The Green Goblin
06-02-2012, 01:52 AM
In response to the original thread title, anyone wanting to go to the huns right now would need their heid examined...

JimBHibees
06-02-2012, 10:24 AM
:agree: Good shout.

Potentially, Garry should be about our best player. However, if I was picking a starting 11 today, my front two would be Griffiths and Doyle.

I think Fenlon's intent on making the "Hibs are easy money for players" reputation a thing of the past, and unless Garry gets on board with that soon then he'll get left behind.

I agree just hope he reacts in a positive way and gets fitter and sharper. Got the impression from my upper FF seat 100 yards away :greengrin that he wasnt doing cartwheels at getting subbed though it was completely the right decision.

blackpoolhibs
06-02-2012, 11:14 AM
I have no idea if he's carrying an injury or is uninterested, what i can comment on is what i see.

And thats a guy who struggles to run, struggles with his touch, and both would improve with fitness.

Why he's so unfit is strange, and if this continues he wont be at Hibs next season. And i dont think he will get a better club than us if he continues to be as unfit as he has become.

I agree with Matty, Griffiths and Doyle would be my pairing up front.

pedroorange1875
06-02-2012, 12:39 PM
side effects of sorting out an alleged cocaine problem?

Dashing Bob S
06-02-2012, 12:42 PM

If so, get him back on the ching asap.

GreenPJ
06-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Speculation, inside knowledge or libel?