PDA

View Full Version : NHC West Ham - Milwall

Mikeystewart
04-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Just watching the game just now and was wondering, does anyone know why one of the stands is completely empty? is it a security thing or is there genuinely little interest in the game ?

Sylar
04-02-2012, 12:40 PM
West Ham down to ten men after 8 minutes! Stupid tackle from Nolan.

No idea about the stand, but there has been plenty said about fans behaving, so it might well be security.

Mikeystewart
04-02-2012, 12:42 PM
West Ham down to ten men after 8 minutes! Stupid tackle from Nolan.

No idea about the stand, but there has been plenty said about fans behaving, so it might well be security.

Yeah not sure about the red, it was two footed but not convinced a lot of contact was made but I think the level of contact is irrelevant in today's game not 100% clear about the rules.

Sylar
04-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah not sure about the red, it was two footed but not convinced a lot of contact was made but I think the level of contact is irrelevant in today's game not 100% clear about the rules.

Deemed to be reckless and dangerous - jumped in with 2 feet well off the ground.

Clear red in my eyes.

Hibee Hibernian
04-02-2012, 12:44 PM
It's the new thing to save money, same as the pars, more and more clubs doing it,

Joe's ice cream
04-02-2012, 12:48 PM
It's the new thing to save money, same as the pars, more and more clubs doing it,

Nothing to do with money saving and all to do with security , police and security advised to close lower section to prevent Millwall fans getting on pitch

Leithenhibby
04-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Nothing to do with money saving and all to do with security , police and security advised to close lower section to prevent Millwall fans getting on pitch

:agree:, these two clubs have knocked lumps out of each other for decades!!

chinaman
04-02-2012, 01:32 PM
millwall got 1000 tickets less than they gave w.h,u at the new den at the earlier fixture but thats down to the police, on the subject of the sending off steven gerard would be sent off every week if thats deemed a red .

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-02-2012, 01:35 PM

That would be quite funny if it wasnt so ridiculous!

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Great atmosphere at the game, although a bit jittery towards the end!
Hibs SC win and Hammers going up would be a nice end to the season!
10 men, we only had 10 men!

London Hibee
04-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Totally agree Hutchy GGTTH COYI KUMB

London Hibee
04-02-2012, 09:21 PM
And Ricardo Vaz Te joins Lawrie Leslie and Neil Orr in the select few who have played for both Hibees and 'Ammers

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Even tho Vaz Te was only on the park for about 3 mins he carved out a couple of decent chances for himself.
I thought Faubert who is a hugely frustrating player had the best game i've saw him play for the club.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Deemed to be reckless and dangerous - jumped in with 2 feet well off the ground.

Clear red in my eyes.

Got to agree, from where I was standing I feared the worst. Thought the ref had a shocker overall, nae harm done tho!

Holmesdale Hibs
04-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Just watching the game just now and was wondering, does anyone know why one of the stands is completely empty? is it a security thing or is there genuinely little interest in the game ?

It'll be because of security. There was alot of trouble when the teams played each other a few years ago. I tried to buy tickets for the game at The Den earlier this year but wasn't quick enough of the mark.

Millwall fans have a bad rep but I've been to a few games (they're my local team these days) and haven't seen any trouble. It's a decent atmosphere and the supporters seem to have a genuine interest in the club, unlike some of the folk at arsenal games who just go to watch good football or because they get free tickets.

El Gubbz
04-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Surprised at the amount of fellow hibs and hammers fans COYI

Green Reaper
05-02-2012, 12:22 AM
surprised at the amount of fellow hibs and hammers fans coyi

ggtth/coyi

Hibrandenburg
05-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Great atmosphere at the game, although a bit jittery towards the end!
Hibs SC win and Hammers going up would be a nice end to the season!
10 men, we only had 10 men!

Hibs SC win would be nice, Hibs SC win would be nice? That must be the understatement of the century. Having a long lie in now and then is nice, a beer at the end of a hard shift is nice, feeling the sun shine on your skin is nice but Hibs winning the SC would be ****ing bombastic.

frazeHFC
05-02-2012, 12:53 AM
It was purely for safety. The ends and whole bottom tier were left empty incase trouble broke out.