PDA

View Full Version : Arrogance and Hibs

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2012, 10:32 AM
There's a fine line between self confidence and arrogance.

Dunno but the Ghanaian bloke has certainly set the bar high.

When was the last time we had a arrogant player who talked the talk and walked the walk

Closest I could think of in recent times was Scott Brown.

For me it just appears that were making for a fall with bold claims.

In short in my time I dont think hibs have done arrogance well if at all.

Not sure if that's a problem or not... Not done the Jambos any harm in relation to the Derby mind....

matty_f
04-02-2012, 10:37 AM

When was the last time we had a arrogant player who talked the talk and walked the walk

Not sure if that's a problem or not... Not done the Jambos any harm in relation to the Derby mind....

Pat Fenlon made a comment after the last derby that the club and the fans needed to start standing up to people. I'm all for a bit of arrogance about the players and club so long as they start to back it up. If we don't have that belief in ourselves about us we'll always fart about in the middle to bottom end of the table, expecting folk to beat us.

The time has come for 'we are Hibernian F.C.' to be a warning to other teams rather than just a public information statement.

Walter
04-02-2012, 10:38 AM

Agogo? ...you might be right there then :na na:

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2012, 10:44 AM

I don't think the Jambos are arrogant. It goes way beyond that into the realms of delusion. Vlad has been hilariously bad for them, he's taken the smug superiority which characterizes that traditional coalition of Edinburgh's petty bourgeoisie and knuckle-dragging inbred white trash and taken its ludicrous and ridiculous sense of hierarchy into the realms of collective mental illness.

Now we have 400,000 fans, champions league medals, world cup stars, new stands and hotels, 'special relationships' with a Mickey Mouse cup they beat Gretna in a penalty shoot-out to win, and all because a madman's delusion feeds into their pathetic and misplaced 'big team' conceit.

They don't do arrogance - they do mental illness.

Twa Cairpets
04-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Pat Fenlon made a comment after the last derby that the club and the fans needed to start standing up to people. I'm all for a bit of arrogance about the players and club so long as they start to back it up. If we don't have that belief in ourselves about us we'll always fart about in the middle to bottom end of the table, expecting folk to beat us.

The time has come for 'we are Hibernian F.C.' to be a warning to other teams rather than just a public information statement.

There was a thread about standing up for ourselves last week.

If its showing a bit of mettle and stubborness on the pitch great, if its talking us up off the pitch, then if we fall we fall, so be it. As long as we dont mix up confidence and backbone with pettiness and whining, then it works for me.

RickyS
04-02-2012, 11:12 AM
I don't think the Jambos are arrogant. It goes way beyond that into the realms of delusion. Vlad has been hilariously bad for them, he's taken the smug superiority which characterizes that traditional coalition of Edinburgh's petty bourgeoisie and knuckle-dragging inbred white trash and taken its ludicrous and ridiculous sense of hierarchy into the realms of collective mental illness.

Now we have 400,000 fans, champions league medals, world cup stars, new stands and hotels, 'special relationships' with a Mickey Mouse cup they beat Gretna in a penalty shoot-out to win, and all because a madman's delusion feeds into their pathetic and misplaced 'big team' conceit.

could not have put it better myself :top marks

johnrebus
04-02-2012, 11:27 AM

Ach, yet more deluded ramblings from a bitter Hibbie waiting on the big fall that will never come.

Heart of Midlothian are a very famous Scottish institution. They number amongst their fans, lots of important people such as first ministers, lords and diminutive actors. They are even known to the Arab world and some of the richest men on the planet, yet all we can do is snipe and wring our hands, bemoaning our second class status on the wrong side of Scotland's capital city, and stare in at the elite from a very cold outside.

So what if there owner is mad? They said the same things about Napoleon and he didn't do too badly.

The fact is that Hearts are a long way ahead of us in every way. The fire sale never came, Tynecastle - the ground with the finest atmosphere of any sporting arena - is still there, a little tatty around the edges perhaps, but nothing that a one litre can of, 'Kurust' can't fix.

And anyway, it is only proper that Edinburgh City Council and their upstanding and tireless representatives divert funds towards the club in their quest for a new stadium, I mean the trams are nearly finished now, they got that right in the end you have to admit? Besides, our owner Sir Tom Farmer, has plenty cash of his own, its a sad sight of him and Petrie moaning about the Council baling out Hearts, what has he ever done for the people of Edinburgh anyway?

No, its not on, this disrespect directed at the Jambos. Any club that can spend thirty thousand pounds a month on a fearsome talent such as David Obua really should be taken seriously.

Really, you talk about, 'mental illness', as if they were a circus act, not a football club!

Lets just concern ourselves with ourselves, eh?

:crazy:

MrSmith
04-02-2012, 11:27 AM

Absolutely!

Mikey
04-02-2012, 11:30 AM
There was a thread about standing up for ourselves last week.

If its showing a bit of mettle and stubborness on the pitch great, if its talking us up off the pitch, then if we fall we fall, so be it. As long as we dont mix up confidence and backbone with pettiness and whining, then it works for me.

We're not going to stand up for ourselves while there are still folk on here who rip into the club day after day. Positivity is still being shot down.

Jay
04-02-2012, 11:33 AM

Matty F!! What a gem that is! Hibs need to take that and paint it all over the stadium. What a rally call - you've inspired me on a day I couldny really be bothered :thumbsup:

MrSmith
04-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Matty F!! What a gem that is! Hibs need to take that and paint it all over the stadium. What a rally call - you've inspired me on a day I couldny really be bothered :thumbsup:

That what it did for me too!

hibs0666
04-02-2012, 12:14 PM
We take care of our own
We take care of our own
Wherever this flag's flown
We take care of our own

Viva_Palmeiras
04-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Hope the boy comes up with the goods I'm not saying there's anything wrong in talking things up - just we need to back it up and couldn't remember when we'd actually done that.

Year 0: (sorry too yammish) but clean slates. Lets set new benchmarks and POSItIVE records to begin erasing the recent crap ones.

Ggtth!

Sunny1875
04-02-2012, 02:28 PM

Should be printed and put up in the dressing room for the players to see before they go out on the park