PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV (All overseas fans please read)

Big90inOz
03-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Despite the Hibs TV website saying there would be a list of fixtures advertised soon last Friday there still is nothing on the site.

I sent an email to the contact address asking if the game was being shown, they replied by directing me to the fixture list :cb

Can anyone confirm if Hibs TV is showing the game tomorrow :dunno:

hongkonghibee
03-02-2012, 01:21 PM
I emailed the club about this too. I hope they are not going to cut down on the number of games we can watch live by too many.

DC_Hibs
03-02-2012, 01:28 PM
I emailed this morning asking for list of fixtures and if tomorrows game is live as it would be handy to be able to plan my Saturday.

Had no response as yet but I tried the tv_live email address as I thought it would be a Hibs TV person responding rather than perform group employee who will likely have no idea. Not sure if tv_live email address is checked other than on matchdays though.

This thread should trigger a response hopefully.

hibee62
03-02-2012, 03:55 PM
This weekend will be the first time I have used Hibs TV International. I've emailed them too but no reply, I guess I'll just keep refreshing this thread and the official website...

CA Hibby
03-02-2012, 05:58 PM
I sent them an email and got an instant reply advising me that sorry they would not be showing the game however i could listen on the radio......

Great all these new players and we get to see hee haw

"No, unfortunately this match is not covered by the new Hibernian International product (only selected matches will be aired)

But there will be live audio commentary available via Hibernian TV

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Kind regards

Hibernian TV
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Maybe they are not allowed to broadcast cup games, just league ones? :dunno:

The Green Goblin
03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
I emailed them last week about a couple of things and no reply. My main question was that I still had 3 months of my existing subscription to go, but I would have to pay full price for a new subscription to their new service, so, would I get my last 3 months refunded or credited against my new subscription. No answer.

Also, don't know if anyone else has found this, but the Highlights section of the iPhone Hibs FC App has not updated since the Airdie U19 game or St. Johnstone SPL game. I asked if that had something to do with the new TV channel being launched, coz my subscription has still, as I said, 3 months to go, so I should be getting the Highlights. No answer.

Final question was if the 59.99 for the International coverage automatically included access to all the live game video broadcasts, or if I still had to pay for those separately. No answer.

The Tubs
03-02-2012, 06:45 PM
They might be shooting themselves in the foot with the new deal: although the picture will be better, we won't get the cup game nor the Aberdeen game but we will get the Hearts and Celtic games. But these last two games will be broadcast on dodgy websites so there's no real incentive to pay, whilst there would be for the Killie and Aberdeen games.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120203/hibernian-tv-coverage-kilmarnock_2262950_2599576

We are getting Inverness away which is a bonus however.

LamontHFC©
03-02-2012, 06:50 PM
I emailed them last week about a couple of things and no reply. My main question was that I still had 3 months of my existing subscription to go, but I would have to pay full price for a new subscription to their new service, so, would I get my last 3 months refunded or credited against my new subscription. No answer.

Also, don't know if anyone else has found this, but the Highlights section of the iPhone Hibs FC App has not updated since the Airdie U19 game or St. Johnstone SPL game. I asked if that had something to do with the new TV channel being launched, coz my subscription has still, as I said, 3 months to go, so I should be getting the Highlights. No answer.

Final question was if the 59.99 for the International coverage automatically included access to all the live game video broadcasts, or if I still had to pay for those separately. No answer.

I'm the same. I have a subscription at the moment, so it seems like a joke that I would have to pay the new subscription fee just cos it's a new website.

And gutted we won't be able to see the new players play tomorrow.

PaulSmith
03-02-2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120203/hibernian-tv-coverage-kilmarnock_2262950_2599576

It would appear that Hibernian TV for our overseas fans now only broadcasts games which are being shown 'live' in the UK via SKY/ESPN. Obviously the service was costing more money than it was taking in.

The Green Goblin
03-02-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm the same. I have a subscription at the moment, so it seems like a joke that I would have to pay the new subscription fee just cos it's a new website.

Yeah, it seems like they could have taken that very basic consideration into account. Not only do I have an App now that doesn't let me watch highlights, I have lost a quarter of my existing subscription, which is effectively obsolete.

DC_Hibs
03-02-2012, 07:34 PM

It would appear that Hibernian TV for our overseas fans now only broadcasts games which are being shown 'live' in the UK via SKY/ESPN. Obviously the service was costing more money than it was taking in.

I made the point in my email that if they now only screen the games shown live on Sky/ESPN and the Alba ones which are all streamed online then I won't be subscribing as I use their service to see the other home games which were only available through Hibs TV. My question has now been answered.

For info - bet365 show all the above games free of charge for overseas viewers including the commentary from the relevant channel - you just need to be an account holder with money in your account (1p will cover it). The stream is also good quality.

Fair enough if they werent making money before but I'm not going to start paying for games I have and will continue to get for nowt.

The Green Goblin
03-02-2012, 08:19 PM
I made the point in my email that if they now only screen the games shown live on Sky/ESPN and the Alba ones which are all streamed online then I won't be subscribing as I use their service to see the other home games which were only available through Hibs TV. My question has now been answered.

For info - bet365 show all the above games free of charge for overseas viewers including the commentary from the relevant channel - you just need to be an account holder with money in your account (1p will cover it). The stream is also good quality.

Fair enough if they werent making money before but I'm not going to start paying for games I have and will continue to get for nowt.

Agree with that, but wanted to ask about bet 365 - do they really show all the games? do you have to open an account "from the uk" or can you do it from a uk account overseas? many thanks for that info btw.

edit: i would obviously rather give my money to hibs, but they don't seem interested.

DC_Hibs
03-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Agree with that, but wanted to ask about bet 365 - do they really show all the games? do you have to open an account "from the uk" or can you do it from a uk account overseas? many thanks for that info btw.

edit: i would obviously rather give my money to hibs, but they don't seem interested.

I opened my account and use it from Germany and can watch most leagues live other than Germany and England. Would imagine it will be the same for you.

I deposit via an RBS debit card.

I was happy to pay £6 a match before but not now when the games are few and far between and they are basically providing someone elses stream that I can get for nowt... and they want to tie me into a monthly subscription!

IberianHibernian
03-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Very disappointing . Some comments from Hibs TV in last couple of years suggested club were subsidising service and that may be the case but maybe regular overseas viewers could have been consulted before to see how much we were prepared to pay for games ( can`t remember prices but some of us have been paying hundreds of pounds for HI season tickets in recent seasons ) . Maybe someone could have sponsored service or could sponsor Hibs TV knowing that their business was getting some mentions abroad too . New service doesn`t allow purchase of individual games which must limit numbers -away fans or Hibs fans temprarily away from home for example . Positive was supposed to be improved technical product but the St Johnstone game was the worst I`ve seen this season for interruptions . Reality is that there are not many Hibbies outside UK and Ireland and many of them have access to UK telly channels or undestandably don`t want to watch matches at funny times but on other hand live Hibs TV matches are a chance for foreigners to get to know the club ( I`ve got a few friends and relatives who have enjoyed watching Hibs online but have never been to ER ) . Has club ever tried to promote the service abroad other than to Hibbies ? For example , do they give details to our opponents so they publish them on their websites so their overseas fans can watch ( not relevant with current situation where you can`t buy individual matches ) or contact clubs and federations in other countries ? Yet another example of club not doing enough to promote itself .

IberianHibernian
03-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Could also add , relatives of new signings in Honduras etc might also appreciate seeing Hibs matches online and ex players too . It all promotes our club . At a cost yes but how much was previous service losing per match if anything ?

HibsMax
03-02-2012, 10:05 PM

How did you guys get subscriptions? I asked at the beginning of the season and was told that there is no subscription. By subscription I mean a season ticket.

I love the idea of getting a better picture but at the expense of seeing other games? Sounds a bit pish to me. :(

HibsMax
03-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know how much it even cost to stream the home games? I can't say that I know but I would be shocked if it was a huge amount.

As suggested above, it would have been nice if they asked subscribers what they would like and how much they might be prepared to pay. I love cheap but I would pay more to see more games, even though the quality was generally crap.

IberianHibernian
03-02-2012, 10:33 PM
At the beginning of this season I was told games would be 3 pounds for ex season ticket holders ( 6 pounds for people buying individual matches ) until October when regular season ticket would be available for about 160 pounds . Presumably this never happened because new system was planned . As I said on other post , there are probably not enough of us to make previous service worthwhile as far as accountants at club are concerned though maybe some consultation could have taken place to improve revenue ( higher match price and/or moves to increase number of subscribers , sponsorship ) and technical problems did not help ( though in that respect things had improved a lot in last couple of years and recent St J game was worst for me technically ) . Now it would appear we`ve got a cheaper service which won`t interest people - not many games and even then games that are most easily accessed elsewhere on telly or not anyway . I realise marketing department ( ? ) at club have other bigger priorities than trying to keep a few ( no idea how many fans we`re talking of per match - 100 ? ) happy or costs of showing games but find it disappointing that club that was famous for being forerunner with floodlights , shirt sponsorship , undersoil heating etc has not been able to be competitive with online match coverage . In St J match I thought that usual commentator seemed to be trying to make it seem like he was a neutral ( never any mention of " us " and all comments seemed to treat both teams as complete equals which was not the case in previous matches and long pre match introduction talking about SPL in general terms ) and wondered if matches were being sold to another company overseas but now seems unlikely .

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2012, 10:43 PM
This is a real shame for those who live abroad. When i did, it was fantastic to still see every home game, and some away, and it gave me the fix i was missing and was greatly appreciated.

Money seems to be the problem here, i would have paid more as others have said they would. Although i'm not sure just how much it would have to be to make it cost affective?

Big90inOz
04-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Is this another Hibs own goal ? So we have an "improved" service which can be seen for free by other means. As for cost there has been no increase for several seasons, so there may have been scope to raise the revenue. Also there is no advertising of the product, could they have been selling the feeds to the opposition ? I know from talking to other supporters that they had no idea we broadcast our own games.

I wondered why the opening offer was so cheap, a run of home games with no broadcasts so I've paid to watch highlights only ?

We had a service which showed all home games and the odd away game to a service which will only show broadcasted games, looks like it will be an occasional feed of games v the old firm then...................... All of which I can have a choice of watching on a projector in the theater or pay hibs to watch on my laptop, I will have to think hard about that one :wink:

I was really looking forward to watching tonights game, now I just feel totally gutted :rolleyes:

Still waiting on a further reply to an email I sent 12 1/2 hrs ago...................................

The Green Goblin
04-02-2012, 02:36 AM
This is a real shame for those who live abroad. When i did, it was fantastic to still see every home game, and some away, and it gave me the fix i was missing and was greatly appreciated.

Money seems to be the problem here, i would have paid more as others have said they would. Although i'm not sure just how much it would have to be to make it cost affective?

Like you, being able to watch the games from afar (6000 miles in my case!) is invaluable, and one of the best things about it was that I knew I could see ER games when the tv channels were inevitably and predictably showing one of the old firm against whoever. For me, not getting any response to my questions is the most disappointing thing. I want to support my club and would rather my money went to them, but they are not helping me to do that.

hongkonghibee
04-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Yet another example of our Club growing away from us the supporters. From a friendly supporter run service for overseas supporters which was a unique and fun, and showed every home match..... to a poorer streaming ( for the first time in 2 years I had buffering problems of the St Johnstone game) service of matches I can watch on football streaming sites anyway. I would willingly pay a lot more for the previous service, and I have emailed them in the past to tell them this. Also why didnt they advertise the overseas service before? Both these things could have made the International TV service pay for itself, without the need of this reduction in service. Its even more anoying when they claim its an "improved" service! They did not consult me at all about these service cuts. This attitude seems to be pervading our Club in lots of aspects. Franchising out the clubs services (eg. ticketing, catering and now Hibs Tv) is taking away the heart and soul of Hibs. I am so annoyed by it all.

Big90inOz
04-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Yet another example of our Club growing away from us the supporters. From a friendly supporter run service for overseas supporters which was a unique and fun, and showed every home match..... to a poorer streaming ( for the first time in 2 years I had buffering problems of the St Johnstone game) service of matches I can watch on football streaming sites anyway. I would willingly pay a lot more for the previous service, and I have emailed them in the past to tell them this. Also why didnt they advertise the overseas service before? Both these things could have made the International TV service pay for itself, without the need of this reduction in service. Its even more anoying when they claim its an "improved" service! They did not consult me at all about these service cuts. This attitude seems to be pervading our Club in lots of aspects. Franchising out the clubs services (eg. ticketing, catering and now Hibs Tv) is taking away the heart and soul of Hibs. I am so annoyed by it all.

:agree::top marks

HiBremian
04-02-2012, 08:21 AM

:agree:

I won't be renewing my subscription, and had anyway given up after I upgraded to iOS5 and found hibs TV's app couldn't cope. Probably won't be long before any fan will be able to send live streaming video from an iPhone, but the original Hibs TV was a good service before business model syndrome f@rked it up.

Dalkeith
04-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Hibs TV - the concept was fantastic when it started and although the video quality wasn’t great it was set at level to allow the maximum amount of people view it as not everyone had mega fast broadband at the time. Money was made and good money at that although that was when TM was manager and folk couldn’t get enough of hibs.

One thing I know is original plan was to provide every home game live and they always managed to do a few away games, how many away games have been on in the couple of seasons?. Now we are left with whatever the TV Stations are showing.

Handled the right way Hibs TV could have been a nice little earner for hibs but looks like they have sold out to the website hosts and while they may be able to offer a better infrastructure but the result is less games and the unique feel and passion it had has gone.

The sad thing is hibs are trying to advertise this as an improved service how can it be improved when less games are being shown at a time when the internet is multimedia hungry?. There are better options out there and folk happy to give up free time to do it!

Dalkeith
04-02-2012, 08:26 AM

:top marks :top marks

blackpoolhibs
04-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Hibs TV - the concept was fantastic when it started and although the video quality wasn’t great it was set at level to allow the maximum amount of people view it as not everyone had mega fast broadband at the time. Money was made and good money at that although that was when TM was manager and folk couldn’t get enough of hibs.

One thing I know is original plan was to provide every home game live and they always managed to do a few away games, how many away games have been on in the couple of seasons?. Now we are left with whatever the TV Stations are showing.

Handled the right way Hibs TV could have been a nice little earner for hibs but looks like they have sold out to the website hosts and while they may be able to offer a better infrastructure but the result is less games and the unique feel and passion it had has gone.

The sad thing is hibs are trying to advertise this as an improved service how can it be improved when less games are being shown at a time when the internet is multimedia hungry?. There are better options out there and folk happy to give up free time to do it!

:boo hoo:

DC_Hibs
04-02-2012, 09:06 AM

It's not a nice little earner currently which is why they have binned their own coverage of live games to give us someone elses stream.
I received a decent response to my email this morning and ultimately it comes down to the fact there were a lot less than 50 subscribers for live games.

Yes it could be marketed better but there are only so many Hibs fans overseas and outwith 3 or 4 teams there's not going to be a huge difference from other teams fans signing up.....especially when they dont now offer one off games.

I make it back for a lot of games and have a season ticket here (although they arent often Saturday games this season) so I'm not even a regular subscriber and I can see how they'd struggle to make this work without needing the club to subsidise.

Maybe its time for overseas fans to put their heads together and come up with suggestions. Overseas membership, covering hibernian tv, a few tickets per season, discount at Scorpio etc etc

Callum_62
04-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Anyone know if the game is being shown on Bet365 then? or anywhere else for that matter

a real bugger that they have binned every home game....used to really enjoy them - all it will do is create a bigger disconnect with us overseas fans

Dalkeith
04-02-2012, 09:13 AM
:thumbsup:
:boo hoo:

Dalkeith
04-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Anyone know if the game is being shown on Bet365 then? or anywhere else for that matter

a real bugger that they have binned every home game....used to really enjoy them - all it will do is create a bigger disconnect with us overseas fans

To be fair i doubt this match would have every been shown live as the cost of getting permission to show it would be greater than money taken in

DC_Hibs
04-02-2012, 09:17 AM

If its not being televised live (sky, ESPN or the alba game) then it wont be available anywhere.

Dalkeith
04-02-2012, 09:18 AM
it comes down to the fact there were a lot less than 50 subscribers for live games.

crowds are down at ER as well, its all to do with the product on and off park, I doubt webhosts are doing it for nothing

PeeJay
04-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Was hoping to watch the game today with the new signings and maybe a large crowd up for it, but UNBELIEVABLY Hibs TV International (new & improved) is not broadcasting, even though it's a home game! For at least a year now we've been told a new and improved service was coming, but the reality is in stark contrast to what most overseas Hibs fans will have actually wanted as far as I can tell.

We wanted all the home games and as many away games as possible with a better picture resolution, with a commentary team made up of passionate Hibs fans so we could enjoy the match day experience although we are strung out around the globe - we are after all, part of the Hibs family. So what does the Club come up with? Better picture resolution - yes, BUT (as already mentioned elsewhere on this thread) it buffered and blue screened more than any other broadcast in recent times. The Hibs fans commentary team has always been a major factor in my subscribing to this service - what do we have now? We have a choice of listening to the audio track streamed with the live video - some guy in a studio somewhere (obviously not a Hibs fan, e.g. at the St. Johnstone game the commentator was complaining about O'Connor's first touch when he had already left the park!!) I had initially attempted to listen to the Hibs commentary team (fan) audio (radio stream) track (i.e. Martin Glancy & Boozy) but they were out of synch with the video stream - it was impossible to watch and listen to.
Now we also find out after all the talk of a new and improved service that not every home game and only some away games will be broadcast - and although a mini listing is up on the official site, it's also "subject to alteration" - great stuff guys!

As has also already been mentioned - broadcasts of the major games likes the OF, Hearts can be picked up on some internet sites somewhere anyway - so why should anyone bother with the Hibs TV set-up? Particularly if the "family" aspect, the fan-bonding experience is no longer there? Who thought this thing through? How this is supposed to be an improvement is beyond me. As to the money involved in the service I also offered to pay more to watch my team as I'm sure some others on here did. I fail to see how broadcasting from ER can be so expensive nowadays anyway. This is the age of the internet and video streaming of games is surely the future, why the Club is failing to maximise on this particular aspect is - again - beyond me.

I've been a subscriber for some years now paying good money to watch a poor to miserable stream but then the team wasn't always as miserable as recently, so I was always more than grateful to be able to see and experience the Hibs in a live game. However, it seems to me, that the people running this service are doing nothing but running it into the ground: the picture may be better, but the service is increasingly a more frustrating one.

As to the rest of the Hibernian TV operation - the site doesn't work particularly well for me - it's slow and not very user friendly, e.g. I have to keep logging in again every single time I visit the site - (no "Remember me" feature for some reason!) The "Classics" section has been consigned to the NeverNeverLand of "being updated" for years now so I don't hold out any hope for that particular feature, and I often receive an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message - why is it so difficult to have a site that just works?

If I was living in Edinburgh, I'd be back at ER every week, but this service is my link to the club I love and this so-called new & improved service is a huge disappointment, and not what I was expecting - in fact, it may well be the reason for me to call it a day with this official link to the club - the word amateur is far too friendly an expression for what I feel the service has become.

Of course I do realise that if there really are only 50 of us Hibs fans out here, then maybe those in charge at ER don't give a xxxx anyway - what was that about the Hibs family again?

greenlex
04-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Hibs TV has been pish since we ditched our own guys. FACT.

blindsummit
04-02-2012, 02:46 PM
I find the whole Hibs TV thing way too complicated. I seem to have ended up with mutiple logins, multiple subscriptions, redirections to the official site for more logins, some stuff included in subs some extra etc.

I just want one login, one rolling subscription with everything in. Is that too much to ask?

Aritch
04-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I find the whole Hibs TV thing way too complicated. I seem to have ended up with mutiple logins, multiple subscriptions, redirections to the official site for more logins, some stuff included in subs some extra etc.

I just want one login, one rolling subscription with everything in. Is that too much to ask?

Me too! I think it happened when I was unable to pay for a game under my regular subscription and had to create a new login.

How hard can it really be to create an easy-to-use website and billing system?

HibsMax
04-02-2012, 02:58 PM
I too had the multiple login issue.

Maybe we need to collectively write to the club with a petition to see if we can achieve anything. Maybe it's too late. Anyone interested?

euro Hibby
04-02-2012, 03:05 PM
so no football today for the overseas guys !?

jonty
04-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Hibs TV has been pish . FACT.
Fixed that for you.
It's never been the complete package.
They seem to have taken steps forward by using youtube, but then go and blow it by 'broadcasting' less games than before.

poor show.

blindsummit
04-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I've spent 30 mins trying to get the audio to work and I'm giving up. It just keeps saying that I need to enable Javascript, and my Javascript IS enabled. I'm giving up.

hongkonghibee
04-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Hibs TV has been pish since we ditched our own guys. FACT.

hongkonghibee
04-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I too had the multiple login issue.

Maybe we need to collectively write to the club with a petition to see if we can achieve anything. Maybe it's too late. Anyone interested?

yes, good idea..we need to keep the pressure up to return to all home matches to be shown live. I have emailed them a few times with many suggestions but they seem to lack any passion for providing a service for us overseas fans. I have 2 different log ins now...its become so user unfriendly.

Septimus
04-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Although the quality of the original product was poor the personal touch with Stu Crowther at the helm was excellent. Nothing lasts forever and a further disconnect with my team appears to be happening now.

HibsMax
04-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Ok. Let's get something in motion. I'm not sure of the BEST way to do this but my first suggestion is for us to collect names and contact information from everyone who is interested in a better service. I'm happy to coordinate if no one has any objections?

This is something that affects ALL Hibs fans, not just dot net so we need to cast the net very wide so that we miss as few people as possible.

For now, how about people send me the following information :
Name

Send me this to hibs@bodoin.com or PM me. I think that's a good start. Once we see how much interest there actually is we can plan an approach.

Sound good?

Any chance of an Admin sticky for this?

CA Hibby
04-02-2012, 04:25 PM
I've spent 30 mins trying to get the audio to work and I'm giving up. It just keeps saying that I need to enable Javascript, and my Javascript IS enabled. I'm giving up.

I cant even find the link to get to the radio coverage...

HibsMax
04-02-2012, 05:11 PM
I know it's going to be hard keeping this thread anywhere near the top on the back of a SC victory today but we have to try. If I can't collect more than one name (two including my own) then it's very easy to understand why Hibs made the decisions they have done. To be honest, I feel that with anything less than 50 names we're pissing into the wind.

HibsMax
04-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Any chance of stickying this? What's the best way of asking an Admin to do this?

So far I have FIVE names. I'm not giving up yet...........

Jonnyboy
04-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Any chance of stickying this? What's the best way of asking an Admin to do this?

You don't need Admin to sticky it Max. Just keep posting every once in a while if the thread is slipping down the first page.

FWIW when I was involved in the original Hibs Interactive service it gave me huge pleasure to know that faraway Hibbies could watch and listen to games. Sad that it seems to be no longer available

hongkonghibee
04-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Ok. Let's get something in motion. I'm not sure of the BEST way to do this but my first suggestion is for us to collect names and contact information from everyone who is interested in a better service. I'm happy to coordinate if no one has any objections?

This is something that affects ALL Hibs fans, not just dot net so we need to cast the net very wide so that we miss as few people as possible.

Name

Send me this to hibs@bodoin.com or PM me. I think that's a good start. Once we see how much interest there actually is we can plan an approach.

Sound good?

Sent

The Green Goblin
05-02-2012, 02:24 AM
Mine sent too (no need to post this, but it will keep the thread near the top) :-)

Callum_62
05-02-2012, 02:32 AM
also sent

bump... :greengrin

JON6207
05-02-2012, 05:18 AM
Sent. :greengrin

Dalkeith
05-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Like johnnyboy I was also in at the start of hibs interactive and it was my endless hours of research and testing that resulted in moving pictures from ER.
As I said to blackpoolhibs yesterday it’s almost like the club are trying to do away with live games.

Don't be fooled by the claims of cost because even 10 viewers can be made to work, I know because I done the research ages ago and have the numbers in front of me and at the end of the day if its breaks even then there is no reason not to do it.

I would happily go back and run the live video service for them at no cost to the club but I fear the club don't have the commitment and desire to keep this service going and improve it.

I would urge the board to look at this again and remember that just because a fan is 10000 miles away it doesn't make them any less of a fan than the ones who attend ER, give them the chance to see their team after all we are meant to be part of a big family

HiBremian
05-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Joined the campaign this morning :bump:

PeeJay
05-02-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm on board now too...:greengrin

Billy Whizz
05-02-2012, 10:11 AM
I live locally so this doesn't affect me, however I would like all the Hibees abroad to be able to see most of the games. How much do you pay for each game?
If it was in line with walk up prices at Easter Rd, would you subscribe.
Good luck with your campaign

Dalkeith
05-02-2012, 10:22 AM
I live locally so this doesn't affect me, however I would like all the Hibees abroad to be able to see most of the games. How much do you pay for each game?

was £6 before they moved over to "The new and impoved service":greengrin

Steve-O
05-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Have to say I gave up on Hibs TV quite a long time ago.

Was frustrated by issues already mentioned such as the multiple logins. Getting to the page where the actual video of the game was like some sort of puzzle and I'd usually have to send an e-mail to them to get a link to the game I'd just paid for! Also had various problems with the stream which were often met with "well nobody else is having problems" type replies. Stream itself was very average, and a lack of replays was annoying too. Overall, 6 quid for a below par product at 4am (NZ time) to watch Hibs being absolutely terrible was just not worth it anymore!

Bet365 only shows games that are live on TV and you also cannot get a fullscreen player (another issue I had with Hibs TV).

If there was a genuine improvement in the quality, and Hibs themselves pick up form, then I'd consider looking into it again, but by the sounds of it that won't be happening anytime soon!

RMQ1967
05-02-2012, 10:43 AM

Make that 6:)

hongkonghibee
05-02-2012, 11:10 AM

Before, we were charged 6 pound/game, a bit less if we bought the season ticket.....this season they scraped the season ticket, which IMO was why income dropped and they now only have 50 regular viewers...that and we only knew for definite if it was being shown 24 hours before each match.

The Club have been very poor over the years at promoting this service too. Until this season there was no mention of it on the subs. page, no mention of it on the front page...it was like a secret club . Im sure with proper advertising we could get over 100 subscibers. Also Hibs fans on holiday would pay say 10 pounds to watch a match live if they knew about it, and it was guaranteed to be shown. Include the new membership card in a season ticket, so that when overseas supporters travel for a match we can more easily purchase it. I would be willing to pay close to the amount that match going season ticket holders pay for guaranteed all home matches live. eg 300 pound/season. IMO they have way under charged for this service, but of course it would need to be better run then. I have also suggested having different levels of subscription. eg, pay /match, pay for season, and a higher cost Supporting sub which would be for people who could afford to pay more knowing it would keep this vital service going.

I have had no positive feedback from the Club on all these issues. It does seem that the new person in charge of Hibs TV has no real grasp how important it is to see that Hibs has a worldwide fanbase that should be seen as part of the "Hibernian Family".
We are as pasionate about Hibs as fans who go to Easter Road each week, we buy things online from the Hibs shop, a few times a year we travel the longest distances to watch our team play....... Yet they have never emailed me asking for suggestions.

:grr:

Steve-O
05-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Before, we were charged 6 pound/game, a bit less if we bought the season ticket.....this season they scraped the season ticket, which IMO was why income dropped and they now only have 50 regular viewers...that and we only knew for definite if it was being shown 24 hours before each match.

The Club have been very poor over the years at promoting this service too. Until this season there was no mention of it on the subs. page, no mention of it on the front page...it was like a secret club . Im sure with proper advertising we could get over 100 subscibers. Also Hibs fans on holiday would pay say 10 pounds to watch a match live if they knew about it, and it was guaranteed to be shown. Include the new membership card in a season ticket, so that when overseas supporters travel for a match we can more easily purchase it. I would be willing to pay close to the amount that match going season ticket holders pay for guaranteed all home matches live. eg 300 pound/season. IMO they have way under charged for this service, but of course it would need to be better run then. I have also suggested having different levels of subscription. eg, pay /match, pay for season, and a higher cost Supporting sub which would be for people who could afford to pay more knowing it would keep this vital service going.

I have had no positive feedback from the Club on all these issues. It does seem that the new person in charge of Hibs TV has no real grasp how important it is to see that Hibs has a worldwide fanbase that should be seen as part of the "Hibernian Family".
We are as pasionate about Hibs as fans who go to Easter Road each week, we buy things online from the Hibs shop, a few times a year we travel the longest distances to watch our team play....... Yet they have never emailed me asking for suggestions.

You'd pay 300 quid a year to watch 18 games live on an internet stream?? Think you'd be in a minority there to be honest. Not a chance I'd pay that much. Would not even pay half of that!

Dalkeith
05-02-2012, 11:29 AM

10 viewers a game x 2 games a month = profit

beastie
05-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Make that 6:)

Make that 7

hongkonghibee
05-02-2012, 12:47 PM

jonty
05-02-2012, 01:34 PM
TQMs blackberry found alive and well in Hong Kong :agree: :greengrin

The Green Goblin
05-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Re: the sticky question...hibsmax, u cld ask someone to add something to the thread title, e.g:

"hibs tv (all overseas hibees please read)"

hongkonghibee
05-02-2012, 02:34 PM
You'd pay 300 quid a year to watch 18 games live on an internet stream?? Think you'd be in a minority there to be honest. Not a chance I'd pay that much. Would not even pay half of that!
Plus all cup games plus all pre season friendlies. I would pay that, if they threw in a club membership card with it so we can buy tickets more easily when we do visit easter Rd
As i said , maybe 2 levels of subscription could work eg a Supporting sub for more money for those like myself who can and want contribute more to keep the service running. then a normal sub for less. Just thinking of easy ways to raise more money .

HibsMax
05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi folks. Thanks for the responses. I'm collating the information and selling to Russian mailing list companies as I type. ;)

Seriously, I'll get back to everyone after this insignificant, nothing sporting weekend is over.

Are there people who are members of other boards who can spread the word? The more the merrier.

HibsMax
05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
And can someone change the title of the thread as suggested above? Just add something to the title that grabs the attention of all oversees fans.

MSK
05-02-2012, 03:15 PM
And can someone change the title of the thread as suggested above? Just add something to the title that grabs the attention of all oversees fans.Sorted ..

The Green Goblin
05-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Sorted ..

Cheers! ;-)

HibsMax
05-02-2012, 06:10 PM
13 names on the list!

I think I have an account on the Bounce, I'll check that out and if I do I will post over there.

CmoantheHibs
05-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Im in.

Jonnyboy
05-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Like johnnyboy I was also in at the start of hibs interactive and it was my endless hours of research and testing that resulted in moving pictures from ER.
As I said to blackpoolhibs yesterday it’s almost like the club are trying to do away with live games.

Don't be fooled by the claims of cost because even 10 viewers can be made to work, I know because I done the research ages ago and have the numbers in front of me and at the end of the day if its breaks even then there is no reason not to do it.

I would happily go back and run the live video service for them at no cost to the club but I fear the club don't have the commitment and desire to keep this service going and improve it.

I would urge the board to look at this again and remember that just because a fan is 10000 miles away it doesn't make them any less of a fan than the ones who attend ER, give them the chance to see their team after all we are meant to be part of a big family

I'd also happily offer my services again too although I think MG does a great job commentary wise

ronaldo7
05-02-2012, 10:04 PM

Rod would bite your hand off K, if he only knew:greengrin

I am reading into your post that you still have the enthusiasm to get involved again. For the sake of the overseas Hibbies, I hope you succeed.:aok:

down-the-slope
05-02-2012, 10:33 PM

:agree:..indeed...infact i'd happily swap and send some regular ER attenders to 10000 miles away

Dalkeith
05-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Rod would bite your hand off K, if he only knew:greengrin

I am reading into your post that you still have the enthusiasm to get involved again. For the sake of the overseas Hibbies, I hope you succeed.:aok:

cheers ronaldo7, enthusiasm has never been away but i fear this will all fall on deaf ears and the club will continue with new package.

I know for a fact that members of the hibs board are aware of this thread so maybe they will look at it again and really understand what it is like for overseas fans to be able to watch their team playing at home when they are on the other side of the world

California-Hibs
05-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Ive just sent you an email too..

In July/August i'll be moving over to Sacramento California to marry my fiance and i'll be over there permanently. Gonna miss going along to the Hibs games each week BIG TIME!

Really hope something can get sorted out with the service so that folk like myself who have such a strong love for Hibs and want to watch the games but won't be able to, can! :agree:

Iain G
05-02-2012, 11:57 PM
Count me in too, PM sent! :thumbsup:

Oh and *BUMP* :greengrin

The Green Goblin
06-02-2012, 12:50 AM
cheers ronaldo7, enthusiasm has never been away but i fear this will all fall on deaf ears and the club will continue with new package.

I know for a fact that members of the hibs board are aware of this thread so maybe they will look at it again and really understand what it is like for overseas fans to be able to watch their team playing at home when they are on the other side of the world

That's very interesting. And I am glad to hear that. Quite a few issues have been brought up in the thread, and everyone has experienced them, so here's hoping this is a chance to sort them out. Perhaps also a good chance to establish a community of only overseas fans in some way (facebook group anyone?) As others have said on here, in many ways, being on the other side of the world, or certainly out of easy/regular travelling distance of ER only increases your passion for seeing the games. There needs to be a service to match that passion, without all the niggly little issues that make it difficult for subscribers. One thing that I don't think has been mentioned, is the fact that the Hibs iPhone App STILL doesn't work with ios5. Bottom line: there are a good number of people out there who, as I said I was, are WANTING to support the club and be able to watch the games in return, fuss free, and it seems silly that they are not able to do so.

Lucius Apuleius
06-02-2012, 05:38 AM
Well, count me in as well. I also stopped my HI as the stream was not the best. In fairness. Nigerian wireless is probably not the best to watch it on either.

cjward2
06-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Count me in too

Septimus
06-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Look forward to a genuine NEW IMPROVED service. My name is now added to the list.

spike220
06-02-2012, 08:44 AM
I am very interseted in these developments.

Big90inOz
06-02-2012, 09:47 AM
count me in :agree:

Dalkeith
06-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Good to see so many adding support for this and by my numbers already got enough to make a small profit on every game, we the fans have backed the club when asked to so now its time for the club to back the overseas fans and bring back all the home games live

Keith_M
06-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Better late than never but sent you an E-Mail.

:thumbsup:

HiBremian
06-02-2012, 12:19 PM
13 names on the list!

I think I have an account on the Bounce, I'll check that out and if I do I will post over there.

Just been looking at the hibs.net members' list - thousands!. Realise that many are probably dead accounts, and most live accounts will be in the UK, but I wonder if there's any way admin can get some idea of how many active overseas hibs.net members there are. Ditto on the Bounce? Must be a couple of hundred, surely. :hmmm:

Dalkeith
06-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Straight from the horses mouth here, I asked the guy that started it all but is now enjoying the carefree life in the Highlands working for a national TV station believe it or not. "When we first looked at providing live video for overseas supporters we actually thought it might be impossible to do on the zero-budget we had. But Hibernian Interactive was a determined team and we found a way of balancing cost and quality. The live video cost us around £2500 a season to stream after we discovered we could, just, get away with using an ordinary ADSL link that wasthe sum total of our costs. The subscriber levels were never high, but that suited us in a way. By selling 'season tickets' in advance we effectively managed to cover our costs before a ball was kicked thanks to a dedicated core of around 20 or so overseas supporters who put their money upfront. I did make the offer to the club that I continue to control thelive service after I left - they simply did not want to know, they had their own plans obviously and I'm sorry to note that these plans effectively mean the end of a 'proper' live service for overseas Hibees."

basher88
06-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Count me in as well please.

Craig_in_Prague
06-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Straight from the horses mouth here, I asked the guy that started it all but is now enjoying the carefree life in the Highlands working for a national TV station believe it or not. "When we first looked at providing live video for overseas supporters we actually thought it might be impossible to do on the zero-budget we had. But Hibernian Interactive was a determined team and we found a way of balancing cost and quality. The live video cost us around £2500 a season to stream after we discovered we could, just, get away with using an ordinary ADSL link that wasthe sum total of our costs. The subscriber levels were never high, but that suited us in a way. By selling 'season tickets' in advance we effectively managed to cover our costs before a ball was kicked thanks to a dedicated core of around 20 or so overseas supporters who put their money upfront. I did make the offer to the club that I continue to control thelive service after I left - they simply did not want to know, they had their own plans obviously and I'm sorry to note that these plans effectively mean the end of a 'proper' live service for overseas Hibees."

I've known a few hibees that didn't know about the service. It is poorly advertised and there must be a decent # in the world willing to watch Hibs live every game at ER, for a reasonable price (for a reasonable product). Sounds like the club obviously just don't care.
I not only paid for HI live, but I order 100 - 200 quid worth of stuff from the shop a year, as they now deliver here (never used to and had to complain about that as well!).

Some of us are gone from ER, but we shouldn't be forgotten. I hope, something positive can still happen.

Jonnyboy
06-02-2012, 08:14 PM
I've known a few hibees that didn't know about the service. It is poorly advertised and there must be a decent # in the world willing to watch Hibs live every game at ER, for a reasonable price (for a reasonable product). Sounds like the club obviously just don't care.
I not only paid for HI live, but I order 100 - 200 quid worth of stuff from the shop a year, as they now deliver here (never used to and had to complain about that as well!).

Some of us are gone from ER, but we shouldn't be forgotten. I hope, something positive can still happen.

The odd thing about this whole matter Craig is that the Board are working very hard on developing and maintaining meaningful interaction with the fans. The Hibs TV problems people discuss on here seem to fly in the face of that :confused:

The Green Goblin
06-02-2012, 08:17 PM

Is that stu? (We are friends on facebook)

The Green Goblin
06-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I didnt mind the slightly "primitive" viewing experience one bit by the way. Actually, i liked the low key approach. It wasnt perfect, iit was no frills but you knew the guys doing it really cared about what they were doing. Whenever there were problems, they were available at the other end online and pretty sharp about sorting it out. I liked that it was "our guys" doing it themselves and not some flashy tv channel full of all kinds of other crap.

Dalkeith
06-02-2012, 08:24 PM
:top marks
Is that stu? (We are friends on facebook)

euro Hibby
06-02-2012, 09:04 PM
I might be interested also. Have to admit that interest has waived the last few months as the team just went from bad to worse on the park and all seemed not right within the club. Now that issue regard team manager and new players has been addressed I will consider going back provided the service is user friendly, not over priced and OK quality.
I can understand that it might not be a priority in the club. If we were 20 season tickets and 50-60 pay on the day the economics are not very good. That said we are fans and there are more abroad to be found.
I think £ 6.00 per game is a fair cost right now and key should be to attract as many users between now and end of season and if it works , it would be easy to add on 1 or 2 £ for season 2012-2013.....
Have to also remember we have a new Hondurain fan club and one in Gambia to service so need to get moving !

CA Hibby
06-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Ive just sent you an email too..

In July/August i'll be moving over to Sacramento California to marry my fiance and i'll be over there permanently. Gonna miss going along to the Hibs games each week BIG TIME!

Really hope something can get sorted out with the service so that folk like myself who have such a strong love for Hibs and want to watch the games but won't be able to, can! :agree:

Have you been to Sacramento :)

CA Hibby
06-02-2012, 09:15 PM

Name

Sound good?

Done

Dalkeith
06-02-2012, 09:40 PM
The odd thing about this whole matter Craig is that the Board are working very hard on developing and maintaining meaningful interaction with the fans. The Hibs TV problems people discuss on here seem to fly in the face of that :confused:

meaningful interaction would be the club contacting someone on this thread and put the clubs point of view over as there are maybe reason that none of us have thought of as to why the set up was changed.

we have a crucial game against Aberdeen on saturday that is not going to be available on a live stream anywhere how is this an improved service?

Jonnyboy
06-02-2012, 09:43 PM
meaningful interaction would be the club contacting someone on this thread and put the clubs point of view over as there are maybe reason that none of us have thought of as to why the set up was changed.

we have a crucial game against Aberdeen on saturday that is not going to be available on a live stream anywhere how is this an improved service?

That'd certainly help, K :agree:

Callum_62
06-02-2012, 09:50 PM
I also didnt mind the relatively poor quality of picture...happy to put up with it to actually SEE HIBS!

pretty p'd off this will be few and far between now

DC_Hibs
06-02-2012, 10:11 PM

They will be regularly looking at this thread (Andrew Sleight Media Manager asleight@hibernianfc.co.uk will anyway) This thread is what prompted them to eventually update the website with a list of games that would be screened live....and resulted in the 4 page thread we have today.

I'd imagine that they will also wait to be contacted (by Max) rather than being proactive and "put the clubs point of view over".

Dalkeith
06-02-2012, 10:11 PM
That'd certainly help, K :agree:

They contacted me quick enough a couple weeks ago asking if it was me when another poster put details up on how the new system would work

IberianHibernian
06-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Is there actually any improvement at all ? St J game was worst quality of picture I`ve had at any Hibs TV game in last 18 months so no improvement there and now only scheduled matches are ones that some overseas fans will be able to see on TV or elsewhere online anyway . Meanwhile club has lost several thousand pounds ( based on 20 season ticket holders which seems a very low number so possibly much more ) because of not selling STs last summer and selling individual matches at reduced rates since then . Still don`t understand why new service has been introduced ( in reality withdrawal of old service since I don`t see anything new ) mid season since commentators and cameras are there for highlights already but I suppose it`s due to a number of factors and it`s just one more example of club`s inability to promote itself locally or internationally . In short term would love to see games live again ( suffered on Saturday not seeing it live ) but it sounds like it might be next season if at all . I`m sure some overseas Killie fans would have paid to watch the game on Saturday , likewise with Aberdeen fans this week and there`ll always be Hibbies on holiday or working abroad interested too so buying individual games should be an option too . Not sure what other clubs offer but maybe Hibs could work with other clubs with reciprocal deals for fans so we can watch away games too ( we should do the same with stadium tickets too ) . And what about membership for overseas fans including matches online and some priority for tickets for matches ? These are all things that have been suggested many times in the past and haven`t happened so either club considers them negative for Hibs or noone has bothered thinking about them .

WellingtonHibby
06-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Just to clarify. Hibs TV are now only showing games that I can already watch on setanta in Australia and want to charge me more than they do for the privilege? And this is progress?

California-Hibs
07-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Have you been to Sacramento :)

Yes, twice :) I love it, a really nice place. Downtown Sacramento in particular is very cool! :cb

StokePogesHibs
07-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Support this initiative. The overseas contingent are a passionate bunch and a potential revenue source. Let's face it, being spread all over the world in different time zones with the club just about to turn the corner:agree: we all gravitate to all things Hibs here. Perhaps the commercial department can figure out a way, using technology, to better serve this group.

I started being captivated by the text commentary on the old Hibs list in 1999, loved the move to Radio and TV I was just getting in to now that I moved abroad again to qualify for coverage! I kicked every ball with Boozy and had great expectations for the new service. I hope the spirit of 'by the fans for the fans' can be recaptured.

plhibs
07-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Just to clarify. Hibs TV are now only showing games that I can already watch on setanta in Australia and want to charge me more than they do for the privilege? And this is progress?

Same here in Canada. Gave up on Hibs TV over a year ago, to many problems with log in etc Real pity Hibs.:boo hoo:

Hibbyradge
07-02-2012, 03:38 AM
I may have the wrong end of the stick here, but I'm not sure the club should be criticised here, regardless of what some techno nerd might say.

It strikes me that if you decide to leave and live in another country, there will be inevitable sacrifices to make. Things will be left behind.

If the sacrifices are too big, don't leave.

I can't imagine that providing coverage of games to expats who contribute little or nothing to the club, will feature very high on the clubs priority list.

PeeJay
07-02-2012, 05:21 AM
I`m sure some overseas Killie fans would have paid to watch the game on Saturday , likewise with Aberdeen fans this week and there`ll always be Hibbies on holiday or working abroad interested too so buying individual games should be an option too .

Good point - I've paid Falkirk, Rangers, Aberdeen and Barcelona to watch Hibs when the Hibs TV hasn't been putting out a live stream!

Septimus
07-02-2012, 06:46 AM
I may have the wrong end of the stick here, but I'm not sure the club should be criticised here, regardless of what some techno nerd might say.

It strikes me that if you decide to leave and live in another country, there will be inevitable sacrifices to make. Things will be left behind.

I can't imagine that providing coverage of games to expats who contribute little or nothing to the club, will feature very high on the clubs priority list.

If you look under the Famous Five stand there is a board with the names of people who kicked in with money when Hibs were in desperate straights. My name is there along with one of my sons. I also bought shares when Hibs were "floated". OK. Ony 1000 pounds worth but at the time that was quite a lot of money to me. I regularly buy from the shop and when I am in the Edinburgh area Easter Road gets a visit.

I have supported Hibs since I was five. Getting on for 69 years now but I live abroad. I willingly have contributed to the Hibs TV service since its inception.

Don't write me off please. I have contributed to the club.

RMQ1967
07-02-2012, 06:54 AM

I agree there's generally too much whining & criticism of the club but on this occasion I have to agree with the majority here. The club advertised the improved service & I signed up for the international package a few weeks ago only to find the coverage had been reduced. So on top of my season ticket I'm paying for HI & an additional monthly subscription for a very limited overseas package.

Good ideas throughout the thread about developing a service that people would definately use when on holiday or away on business if the quality was guaranteed. Too often the login & streaming issues make it a hit or a miss & I know there are more than a few times when I've paid a game fee to find I can't get it at all or the quality is terrible.

Live streaming has been around for a long long time now & is in use everywhere so it's really not a big technological problem to provide a quality service.

Like a few others I'd be happy to pay a bit more to support the club financially & get my weekly "fix" of the Hibees if the service was guaranteed.

It's definately a missed opportunity if Hibs don't develop this.

Iain G
07-02-2012, 07:22 AM

You have the wrong end of the stick :na na:

While you may be right in saying it is not very high on the clubs priority list it should at least be somewhere on the list, there is a decent sized expat community around the globe who the club could be tapping into as another source of revenue, instead they have pulled what was, by all accounts, a decent and inexpensive service and replaced it with a hit and miss sub-standard one, both of which have been badly promoted and advertised to us overseas lot.

I don't criticise the club a lot but sometimes they are so frustrating at the inability, or lack of imagination, to think out of the box when connecting to the fan base.

BTW I wouldn't call Hibs as something that is "too big a sacrafice" when people decide to move overseas, but it doen't mean that we still don't care or want to support our team however we can, especially when it is so easy to stream data around the planet to phones, tablets and pc's these days there is little real reason why the technology should not be used to show Hibs games live on Hibernian TV to those of us willing and more than happy to pay for it.

DC_Hibs
07-02-2012, 07:24 AM

Is this more attention seeking from someone with too high an opinion of himself or are you just half daft?

The simple fact is that every home game was available to view before, now it isnt and fans are saying the club can still make it work and are trying to reverse the decision. Surely even you can't have an issue with that.

Or do we need to list what we have contributed to the club in terms of hibs tv subscriptions, club shop expenditure, tickets when home to satisfy you.
I understand that my 8-10 flights back a year for games contributes nothing to the club so doesn't count in your world.

PeeJay
07-02-2012, 07:44 AM

Think you'll find that you have indeed got the wrong end of the stick! I started going to ER with my father in the early 60s - when I went with my friends I used to ask the punters to "give me a lift over" - I was at the Napoli game, that Tynecastle semi in 68, Leeds, Liverpool, Hamburg all the great and not so great cup final games up until 78/79 when I left the country. I lost complete touch with Hibs: I never realised we got relegated, that some guy called Mercer tried to put us out of business and everything that Hibs fans undertook to save the Club - I only picked up on any of that through the Internet in the late 90s - the Hibs site, and HIbs.net and several Hibs-related books have all rekindled my love for the club. The Hibs TV live stream broadcasts have had me "back at ER" every weekend cheering my team on... I'm sure the same applies to many Hibs fans spread out across the globe.

We're not "techno nerds" thank you very much! And - this is the Internet Age - we don't need to make a sacrifice as you suggest: not any longer. Not when the possibility of streaming live games is now available. The service is offered and it is only a punter's right to provided feedback and suggestions on how to improve that service, surely?

I take offense at your insinuation that we overseas fans contribute little or nothing so we should shut up - many of the overseas fans contribute to the club through the Hibs TV subscription or when they visit ER on match days (as I do - rarely in my case though). Some of us have even stated that we would be willing to pay more than the subscription fee calls for (a season ticket was recently in the region of 140 pounds, I believe!) Not all overseas fans are permanently overseas either - something you should perhaps consider?

Could it be that the Club has opted to provide a service on as reduced a scale as possible for the fans, while garnering maximum advertising revenue for the Club through its move away from a service operated by Hibs fans to the Perform (sic) company?? - IMO this is short-minded, short terminism of the worst kind: it is the fans that are important (even overseas ones!), not the advertising revenue - and although we may be far away we are still fans and when the Club makes a mistake it is a fans right to criticise it! You don't have to agree with any criticism of course - so no need to throw your stick away! :na na:

Steve-O
07-02-2012, 08:54 AM
I am very interseted in these developments.

Apart from having put A LOT of money into the club for many years before we left, merchandise still being purchased via the website or from other family members for presents etc, going to every home game when back in Edinburgh for a visit (usually followed by more merchandise at the shop), buying a club membership, and paying for some coverage and HI subscriptions etc, not to mention paying our tenner a year on here as well.

The sacrifice is not being able to go to any games. I am not sure that in this day and age an internet stream of games is really too much to ask, and as stated in this thread, it does not appear the service was a loss maker either.

Dalkeith
07-02-2012, 10:31 AM
I find the new splash screen on club site rather funny this morning

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Welcome

unless of course you live outside uk

hongkonghibee
07-02-2012, 10:38 AM

This is the most revealing post on this thread. So, actually they do not need a huge number of viewers to break even on this service. So their argument about profitability of this service doesnt really add up. This season was the first season they did not offer season tickets...was the real reason for this that they wanted to reduce the income of the service as an excuse to cut it later? It seems there is a lack of understanding of the importance of this service to fans overseas.

Jay
07-02-2012, 10:42 AM

Thats a shocking post there Mr Radge.

Dalkeith
07-02-2012, 10:47 AM
This is the most revealing post on this thread. So, actually they do not need a huge number of viewers to break even on this service. So their argument about profitability of this service doesnt really add up. This season was the first season they did not offer season tickets...was the real reason for this that they wanted to reduce the income of the service as an excuse to cut it later? It seems there is a lack of understanding of the importance of this service to fans overseas.

you would need to ask hibs about that

Peevemor
07-02-2012, 11:02 AM

I don't like the new reduced (but better image quality) service, but the problem with the old set up was that it consistantly failed (ie. lost streams) during matches where the demand was higher.

This, at least, seems to have been adressed.

In any case, the club/board get pelters from some whatever decision they make.

Iain G
07-02-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't like the new reduced (but better image quality) service, but the problem with the old set up was that it consistantly failed (ie. lost streams) during matches where the demand was higher.

I don't think there is much criticism of the club on here at the moment, maybe it would be good for them to answer the queries about why the changes in this service to allow users to understand why it has been altered?? I think there is a sense of frustration towards the club who are maybe not fully investigating their options and not fully communicating with the potential users who would use the service which could lead loss of potential money coming into the club from us overseas fans who would pay to watch the games. :agree:

PeeJay
07-02-2012, 11:17 AM

I had practically no problems with the old stream over here (Berlin) unlike a few years back where problems did exist, but I realise that problems/providers/regions can affect the stream.

I'm not either sure about the Club getting "pelters whatever it does". The Hibs TV service asked for feedback from its subscribers with a view to improving the service, I doubt very much that anyone suggested that it should stop showing all the home games, but give us a better picture once every so often!:greengrin

Septimus
07-02-2012, 11:24 AM

In the early days there was a constant problem with buffering but latterly I have never had any problems with the continuity of the screening. The definition is not as good as it could be but it is certainly watchable here in Cyprus and I have seldom missed a game since the service began.

Big90inOz
07-02-2012, 11:51 AM

I can honestly say that I have not lost a feed for about 3 yrs, I made sure my setup was correct and also made sure I had the highest speed rate I could get.

Craig_in_Prague
07-02-2012, 12:06 PM
With the 'old service' I rarely had streaming issues, there was a good % of games that it streamed 100% fine... there of course were some games that maybe 1 half wasn't as perfect as the other... or during whole games there was slight buffering, but overall the streaming was good... the picture not brilliant, but actually once fed through my HDMI cable onto my TV, it was watchable and that made the match day experience great !!

The best thing of all was watching the games which weren't live on any TV channel. Now it appears the streaming will be games that are anyway on Sky/ESPN/Alba etc....which means expats will either have the channels at home, be able to watch in a pub, or stream online elsewhere for free. So basically, pointless!

the old service with JC and WD commentating were the great old days and it seems I'm not the only one pining for those days to come back. (Martin is fine with the commentating, don't get me wrong).

We have hibs fans doing radio commentary for hibs fans anyway, so I don't understand why a video stream kept going, was too much to ask.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Apart from having put A LOT of money into the club for many years before we left, merchandise still being purchased via the website or from other family members for presents etc, going to every home game when back in Edinburgh for a visit (usually followed by more merchandise at the shop), buying a club membership, and paying for some coverage and HI subscriptions etc, not to mention paying our tenner a year on here as well.

The sacrifice is not being able to go to any games. I am not sure that in this day and age an internet stream of games is really too much to ask, and as stated in this thread, it does not appear the service was a loss maker either.

Steve, ironically, I'm in Thailand, trying to keep in touch via my phone and I hadn't read all the comments stating that a decent service had previously been provided.

I was trying to second guess the club's reasons for not investing in a better feed for overseas supporters, but I did try to qualify my remarks by admitting that I may have had the wrong end of the stick, which it seems, I had.

Hibbyradge
07-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Thats a shocking post there Mr Radge.

You're right. It certainly reads a lot more harsh than I had intended.

I genuinely don't have a problem with expat Hibbies seeing the games. The more the merrier, in fact, and I'm sorry as it's apparent that I inadvertently caused offence.

I'll re-read my posts before submitting them in future!

Lucius Apuleius
07-02-2012, 01:03 PM
You're right. It certainly reads a lot more harsh than I had intended.

I genuinely don't have a problem with expat Hibbies seeing the games. The more the merrier, in fact, and I'm sorry as it's apparent that I inadvertently caused offence.

I'll re-read my posts before submitting them in future!

I didn't bite as I assumed you had got the wrong end of the stick, either that or a knock back from a katoy! :greengrin

Keith_M
07-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Steve, ironically, I'm in Thailand, trying to keep in touch via my phone and I hadn't read all the comments stating that a decent service had previously been provided.

Then ignore the Ladyboys and start reading the posts, young man.

:na na:

Dalkeith
07-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Sorry to bring you bad news but its not going to happen in the near future, i emailed Fife Hyland today and he has kindly allowed me to post his reply.

Thanks for the email.

Other supporters have also pointed out a thread on the message boards and we understand the points raised - but you have to realise that we don’t have the time to trawl through supporters on-line discussions, nor do we have a responsibility to reply to everything written. Supporters can get in touch with the Board or staff directly through the Club website and everyone is responded to. Typing it on a messageboard is not contacting the Club – we will and do miss points raised.

I have corresponded with supporters that have been in touch regarding the new product, as has Andrew. I stressed to them that distance does not diminish the importance of supporters to the Club – no supporter is taken for granted, nor ignored. Everyone at the Club cherishes support from whatever quarter sincerely, especially in the current tough times on and off the pitch. No one is doubting or appreciating the depth of passion you or any other ex-pat has for Hibernian.

It is due to these current tough times, that we have had to manage the service accordingly, taking us in line with other clubs in the SPL and many down South. Of course I would love to be able to deliver a properly streamed and serviced broadcast on a weekly basis. The Club innovated in this area a few years ago. But financial and subsequent resource pressures come to bear – despite your insight and understanding - the cost of delivering a proper stream and broadcast was not being covered by the revenues generated by a couple of dozen supporters. In a more robust financial climate this has been absorbed, but at the moment every line is under pressure throughout the Club, as our loss last financial year testifies to. We have looked at all segments of sponsorship and funding – but the International product receives a really limited amount of uptake in terms of subscribers, especially compared to the main Hibernian TV product (sponsored by Scotbet), so is a difficult product for which to secure a dedicated sponsor. That is not through the lack of effort.

Our core focus at the moment is on supporting the Manager, and all available financial resource is channelled to the playing staff. Revenues across all departments are down year on year, and as a result, redundancies have had to be made within the stadium team, which also has a significant impact on the ability to deliver a service in-house. Our media team has been more than halved, and is now additionally spread across the football department, covering post-match debriefs and pre-match content for the Manager’s preparation.

The new product is a reduced service in terms of live games shown, but an improved broadcast and will cover all the BBC Alba, Sky and ESPN matches. All of the problems and issues faced by supporters (and managed on matchday by the team at the stadium) previously were generated by the poor picture quality and stream. That is now resolved. Yes, we have a lower frequency of games, but we still provide an excellent audio and highlights product through Hibernian TV on matchday and through the week. We may, in the future, be able to return to an enhanced live fixture product but at the moment, we have to focus on what we can achieve, and achieve professionally. The media and commercial team are already stretched, and I do not want to deliver a product that is not to the standards I demand, and is demanded by the Club and supporters.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

All the best
Fife

bawheid
07-02-2012, 01:33 PM
It's a good response from Fife IMO, save for the second sentence. There's clearly some history there.

Dalkeith
07-02-2012, 01:36 PM
It's a good response from Fife IMO, save for the second sentence. There's clearly some history there.

no really just got different view points:greengrin

The Green Goblin
07-02-2012, 03:17 PM
The whole point of this thread was to gather the details of a large number of overseas hibees, compile their thoughts/ideas then contact the club with the strength in numbers and open a constructive dialogue. Constructive, i.e not pointing fingers and using silly phrases such as "silence routine"? What was that about? It seems to me that you have jumped the gun and completely undermined the whole initiative.

Dalkeith
07-02-2012, 03:49 PM
The whole point of this thread was to gather the details of a large number of overseas hibees, compile their thoughts/ideas then contact the club with the strength in numbers and open a constructive dialogue. Constructive, i.e not pointing fingers and using silly phrases such as "silence routine"? What was that about? It seems to me that you have jumped the gun and completely undermined the whole initiative.

silence routine is now removed should have been before i posted it, that was between me and fife and nothing to do with this.

Undermine what a thread on hibs net that fife has already stated they dont have time to read and dont need to. You could end up with 50 names and the answer will still be the same.

HibsMax
07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Just caught up with this thread, lots of good information.

Regardless of what the club says we shall still communicate with them because they should want to hear what we have to say - we're the customers after all. We might not get anything resolved immediately but if we can open up the lines of communication then that is a start.

For those of you who have replied to this thread with "Count me in", if you haven't already, please send me a mail or PM so I can add you to the list.

28 names so far.

Thanks, Max

HibsMax
07-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Sorry to bring you bad news but its not going to happen in the near future, i emailed Fife Hyland today and he has kindly allowed me to post his reply.

Thanks for the email.

Other supporters have also pointed out a thread on the message boards and we understand the points raised - but you have to realise that we don’t have the time to trawl through supporters on-line discussions, nor do we have a responsibility to reply to everything written. Supporters can get in touch with the Board or staff directly through the Club website and everyone is responded to. Typing it on a messageboard is not contacting the Club – we will and do miss points raised.

We haven't contacted the club yet, Fife. ;) I mean collectively. I don't expect them to trawl through message boards, that's the whole idea of us banding together to provide a single voice. Much easier for the club to deal with a single entity than a bunch of whining expats. :D

Hibbyradge
07-02-2012, 05:57 PM
We haven't contacted the club yet, Fife. ;) I mean collectively. I don't expect them to trawl through message boards, that's the whole idea of us banding together to provide a single voice. Much easier for the club to deal with a single entity than a bunch of whining expats. :D

Good luck with the single voice thing! :wink:

HibsMax
07-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Good luck with the single voice thing! :wink:

LOL. I could interpret that many ways. ;)

The Green Goblin
08-02-2012, 12:26 AM
silence routine is now removed should have been before i posted it, that was between me and fife and nothing to do with this.

Undermine what a thread on hibs net that fife has already stated they dont have time to read and dont need to. You could end up with 50 names and the answer will still be the same.

We'll see. I am not going to give up before we have even tried. It's not about them reading this thread. I also don't agree that the club "don't need" to listen to us. They have a responsibility to listen to the fans. As has been said on here already, just because we can't go to ER every week doesn't make us "lesser fans".

broonie27
08-02-2012, 02:49 AM
This is obviously a very subjective thread but personally I prefer the new 'service' - I think. I live in NZ and have two small kids so I VERY rarely get up in the middle of the night to watch live games - just the Hearts games really. I do watch the highlights though and from what I've read it seems there will be highlights of EVERY game - am I correct in saying this? If so it suits me well, I get to watch the Hearts games live (as they're nearly always on Sky/ESPN) and for the rest of the matches I just watch a vastly superior highlights package with multiple camera angles, replays, the lot. As for the commentary, I used to hate the Hibs bias with the old service, I'd far rather get an objective view of the proceedings - mind you Boozy was a hoot latterly :-)

Craig_in_Prague
08-02-2012, 08:23 AM
This is obviously a very subjective thread but personally I prefer the new 'service' - I think. I live in NZ and have two small kids so I VERY rarely get up in the middle of the night to watch live games - just the Hearts games really. I do watch the highlights though and from what I've read it seems there will be highlights of EVERY game - am I correct in saying this? If so it suits me well, I get to watch the Hearts games live (as they're nearly always on Sky/ESPN) and for the rest of the matches I just watch a vastly superior highlights package with multiple camera angles, replays, the lot. As for the commentary, I used to hate the Hibs bias with the old service, I'd far rather get an objective view of the proceedings - mind you Boozy was a hoot latterly :-)

Including JC and WD?
you gotta be kidding.
They were the good old days and most certainly not completely bias, they were always fair on the balance of the game and given credit to away sides, but IMHO I would PREFER to listen to Hibs fans who are like ourselves and kicking every ball from a Hibs perspective.

The NEW "service" is a WASTE of time. 99% of people will have Sky/ESPN/Alba at home, in the pub or available for free elsewhere.

PeeJay
08-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Including JC and WD?
you gotta be kidding.
They were the good old days and most certainly not completely bias, they were always fair on the balance of the game and given credit to away sides, but IMHO I would PREFER to listen to Hibs fans who are like ourselves and kicking every ball from a Hibs perspective.

The NEW "service" is a WASTE of time. 99% of people will have Sky/ESPN/Alba at home, in the pub or available for free elsewhere.

Spot on - the commentary teams have always been very passionate about Hibs, but generally fair in praising or commenting on teams that may have played better than us - TBH I kind of miss that JC/WD "out of your head" experience whenever Hibs scored ... :greengrin

The HIBS FAN aspect seems to be being dragged out of the service IMO...

DC_Hibs
08-02-2012, 08:53 AM
In my opinion the Willie Dunn/Martin Glancy combo were the finest double act on British shores since Torvill and Dean in their "Bolero prime".
It was a sad day when The Willie swapped mince pies for the hairy pie.

Riding aside, what's he doing with himself these days anyway?

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2012, 09:01 AM
In my opinion the Willie Dunn/Martin Glancy combo were the finest double act on British shores since Torvill and Dean in their "Bolero prime".
It was a sad day when The Willie swapped mince pies for the hairy pie.

Riding aside, what's he doing with himself these days anyway?

I hear he's gone into movie making. :wink:

Steve-O
08-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Including JC and WD?
you gotta be kidding.

Not sure it's 99% of people as there's a few of us in NZ in the same position! :greengrin

I tend to agree with Broonie somewhat - like him, because of the time difference, I am only ever likely to get up in the middle of the night and watch a 'big' game. I'm probably even more likely to do so now knowing that the stream will be better and I will get replays etc.

However, I do understand it's the other games that you guys who are only 2 hours ahead or whatever are missing out on.

Iain G
08-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Not sure it's 99% of people as there's a few of us in NZ in the same position! :greengrin

I tend to agree with Broonie somewhat - like him, because of the time difference, I am only ever likely to get up in the middle of the night and watch a 'big' game. I'm probably even more likely to do so now knowing that the stream will be better and I will get replays etc.

However, I do understand it's the other games that you guys who are only 2 hours ahead or whatever are missing out on.

Part timer :greengrin

broonie27
08-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Including JC and WD?
you gotta be kidding.

I'm I missing something here? Isn't the service for overseas fans?

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2012, 07:54 PM

It appears to me this new service is as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Every game they now show can be picked up on either tv or dodgy streams, and in the case of streams in the uk too. It looks like the end imo of HTV.

PeeJay
08-02-2012, 08:00 PM

You're right - the live stream is for 'overseas fans', but the point is, if the tv companies listed are broadcasting the games, then they are probably also available online somewhere - for free!

Where's the incentive for me to pay for a game that has, e.g. no Hibs fan commentary team but instead some guy in a studio somewhere who doesn't know if O'Connor's still on the park or not (as in the St Johnstone game recently)?

Jonnyboy
08-02-2012, 10:27 PM

Ouch

Bias yes cos I'm a Hibby but always looked for balance in my commentaries

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Ouch

When i was abroad John, i had folk round watching the games wired through my 42 inch tv, and these were irish english and spanish. To a man they all praised your commentary for being behind the team you supported.

They loved the Hibs bias, and wished their teams had something similar to watch.

Jonnyboy
08-02-2012, 10:37 PM
When i was abroad John, i had folk round watching the games wired through my 42 inch tv, and these were irish english and spanish. To a man they all praised your commentary for being behind the team you supported.

They loved the Hibs bias, and wished their teams had something similar to watch.

That's good to hear G, thanks :aok:

Kinda miss doing that in truth

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2012, 10:45 PM
That's good to hear G, thanks :aok:

Kinda miss doing that in truth

I loved it John, i also loved the live radio you were involved in too John. It kind of lost it for me over the last few years, although i have listened to a couple of away games recently, and it seemed better. :top marks Its a shame its not carrying on, maybe there's not enough folk subscribing, but those that did will really miss it. :boo hoo:

HibsMax
09-02-2012, 05:33 PM
The new forum has been setup and I have sent the list (so far) of interested .net member to the admin team to add to the group (sorry, it's private). So we should be able to get discussions going pretty soon.

By the way, with respect to overseas viewers being able to see the games anyway, not me. Maybe I could find a dodgy link somewhere but previous attempts have not been very successful. I can't get the games on any TV channel over here. The last time Hibs played Rangers, at Ipox, I couldn't even find a bar or supporters club in the Boston area that showed the game. It's THAT bad. I had to subscribe to Rangers TV (GREAT service and only 6 quid for the game) to watch the game. I understand that Rangers have more fans than Hibs do but if we have enough fans to cover the costs of a decent service then I think that's what we should be striving for. If there is bad blood between the former Hibs TV folks and the club now then hatchets need to be buried for the sake of the greater good. I'm hoping this is the start of something.

Steve-O
10-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Agree with your last point Max. Finding these mythical 'dodgy streams' is becoming harder and harder in terms of Hibs games at least. I'd sooner pay for a game I was guaranteed to see, and it was a good stream, than fanny about trying to find a stream elsewhere that keeps going offline etc etc.

Martin
10-02-2012, 10:26 PM
I'd also happily offer my services again too although I think MG does a great job commentary wise

Thanks JC. You could say i learned from the best.

The people still involved with Hibernian TV still give up free time to ensure that this service is brought to the Hibs fans. Sadly things have moved on despite claims on here and the service now offered is the best for all involved and best value for money.

Anyway tomorrows coverage starts at 1430 with an exclusive interview with Leigh Griffiths and then Hibs Legend Michael Weir joins me for live commentary from 1450.

C'mon the Hibs

JON6207
10-02-2012, 10:36 PM

The people still involved with Hibernian TV still give up free time to ensure that this service is brought to the Hibs fans. Sadly things have moved on despite claims on here and the service now offered is the best for all involved and best value for money.

Anyway tomorrows coverage starts at 1430 with an exclusive interview with Leigh Griffiths and then Hibs Legend Michael Weir joins me for live commentary from 1450.

C'mon the Hibs

Not really the "best" when you are 10,000 miles away. Just want to watch the game Live and would have been willing to pay more than was already paying so value for fans is not an issue. Plus the games shown now are readily available on Setanta in Oz so I personally wont be paying twice to watch it on a stream.:boo hoo:

Martin
10-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Not really the "best" when you are 10,000 miles away. Just want to watch the game Live and would have been willing to pay more than was already paying so value for fans is not an issue. Plus the games shown now are readily available on Setanta in Oz so I personally wont be paying twice to watch it on a stream.:boo hoo:

totally appreciate where your coming from. At least you still have the audio commmentary and my dulcit tones to keep you company

DC_Hibs
10-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Sadly things have moved on despite claims on here and the service now offered is the best for all involved and best value for money.

Aye right, did you type that with a straight face? I'll be going from subscribing to around 10 live games a season to none.

I had no issues at all with the previous service in respect of stream quality or commentary.

This is purely down to costs which were not being covered by the number of subscribers as was indicated in the email I received. (How it was marketed and the pricing people would have paid is another matter).

So its maybe the best service you can now provide but this new service is of no benefit whatsoever to your previously REGULAR viewers.

HibsMax
10-02-2012, 11:04 PM
The Overseas Board is now up and running so all overseas fans can chime in there. If you don't have access yet then send me a PM and I will get you added. Just send me your name, e-mail and location.

Cheers, Max

HibsMax
10-02-2012, 11:05 PM

C'mon the Hibs

I don't think that can be true when we're not getting less games than before. But I am not here to argue with you or anyone else. We're trying the olive branch approach. :D

StokePogesHibs
11-02-2012, 02:41 AM

C'mon the Hibs

Tell Mickey we want him to do his best Boozy impersonation......kick every ball and hope "big gaz" has lots of the ball. I recall he was not that good at French at school:wink:

StokePogesHibs
11-02-2012, 03:08 AM

C'mon the Hibs

Tell Mickey we want him to do his best Boozy impersonation......kick every ball and hope "big gaz" has lots of the ball. I recall he was not that good at French at school:wink:

Iain G
11-02-2012, 05:40 AM
Sadly things have moved on despite claims on here and the service now offered is the best for all involved and best value for money.

I think you will find that doesn't seem to be the consensus amongst us potential viewers from afar. :agree:

I suspect this will be the official line from the club regardless of the thoughts of us folks who would be happy to pay for a regular, instead of hit and miss, coverage. Perhaps if the original service had been promoted properly by the club then they would have stuck with it? :confused:

hongkonghibee
11-02-2012, 06:14 AM

C'mon the Hibs

"the best for all involved and best value for money" Not for us overseas fans. Couldnt watch last weeks game, nor this weeks. And the matches you are showing will not come with your commentary team anyway! The answer to this should have been a combination of better publicity for the live service and a proper consultation with us about how we could help finance this service.

Dalkeith
11-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Today see one of the most important games in many a year, a game that could see us slide to bottom of table a position we may not recover from. The team needs the support of every hibs fan no matter where they are in the world.

The “new and improved Hibernian TV International” however are not putting pictures out so it radio only for overseas guys
Colin Nish said after the 6-6 draw at Motherwell “only at hibs":top marks

hongkonghibee
11-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Today see one of the most important games in many a year, a game that could see us slide to bottom of table a position we may not recover from. The team needs the support of every hibs fan no matter where they are in the world.

The “new and improved Hibernian TV International” however are not putting pictures out so it radio only for overseas guys
Colin Nish said after the 6-6 draw at Motherwell “only at hibs":top marks

yes, the irony is that the front page of the official site says "all of us" .

HibsMax
11-02-2012, 12:34 PM
I can't wait to hear Claros playing today.....

hongkonghibee
11-02-2012, 12:46 PM
:greengrin
I can't wait to hear Claros playing today.....

The Green Goblin
11-02-2012, 02:50 PM
The service now offered is the best for all involved and best value for money.

With the old service, overseas fans could watch every home game.

With the new service, overseas fans can not watch every home game.

Prices are the same.

HibsMax
11-02-2012, 03:06 PM
With the old service, overseas fans could watch every home game.

With the new service, overseas fans can not watch every home game.

Prices are the same.

According to the new Hibernian International page, the changes were made after collecting feedback from the fans. Does anyone know anyone who was consulted? I'm not on a witch hunt. We won't achieve anything if we march up to Easter Road with torches and pitch forks.....but if the club are going to say they are responding to feedback then I would hope that is true. I've wacthed games on the old Hibs TV but nobody asked me for my opinion.

cjward2
11-02-2012, 03:17 PM
nobody asked me and I consider myself an old timer when it comes to hibernian interactive/hibs tv.

euro Hibby
11-02-2012, 03:24 PM
so no links for the game available ? but plenty pretty asian girls !

StokePogesHibs
11-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Is anyone getting commentary for today's game. Can you post a link?

hibbybrian
11-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Is anyone getting commentary for today's game. Can you post a link?

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TV/LiveMatches/0,,10290~59634,00.html

The Green Goblin
11-02-2012, 04:18 PM
According to the new Hibernian International page, the changes were made after collecting feedback from the fans. Does anyone know anyone who was consulted? I'm not on a witch hunt. We won't achieve anything if we march up to Easter Road with torches and pitch forks.....but if the club are going to say they are responding to feedback then I would hope that is true. I've wacthed games on the old Hibs TV but nobody asked me for my opinion.

I have been a subscriber to hibs tv since it began. i have never heard anything from the club about my views in all that time.

Septimus
11-02-2012, 04:20 PM
nobody asked me and I consider myself an old timer when it comes to hibernian interactive/hibs tv.

Me too. I do not believe that anyone was consulted. It is not a club any more but a rather pathetic money making machine.

norwayhibs
11-02-2012, 04:38 PM
I have been a subscriber to hibs tv since it began. i have never heard anything from the club about my views in all that time.

Same here GG, not heard a thing from the club.

HibsMax
11-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Thanks to those of you who have responded. Interesting that nobody (who has read this thread) was contacted. Another question for the Hibernian International team. As I said, I am not looking for a fight but if the club says they are responding to fans' feedback then hopefully they're not just talking pish. They make it sound like WE asked for these changes, we didn't, so why put the "blame" on us?

The Green Goblin
11-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Indeed, and it strikes me as strange that much was made of the "well, there aren't enough overseas fans to justify prioritising it" - well, if that were really true, and there were very low numbers of fans involved, then surely it wouldn't have taken much effort to contact them all, would it?

PeeJay
11-02-2012, 05:26 PM
I have been in contact with the guys at Hibs TV several times over the past few years with one issue or another. Most times (certainly in the early days) any communication was responded to promptly. I also emailed AS and FH back in July of last year asking for updates on the proposed new service/season ticket - however, in every instance, if I recall correctly, contact was initiated by myself - I did receive detailed responses though - except for my last feedback which I emailed to Hibs International after the recent St. Johnstone game, but that particular communication has been ignored - for the first time I might add...

Seems to me that the Club has not actually surveyed the 'overseas fans' at all for views...

broonie27
11-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks to those of you who have responded. Interesting that nobody (who has read this thread) was contacted. Another question for the Hibernian International team. As I said, I am not looking for a fight but if the club says they are responding to fans' feedback then hopefully they're not just talking pish. They make it sound like WE asked for these changes, we didn't, so why put the "blame" on us?

Max, the club never contacted me for my opinion but on more than one occasion I asked when or if they would be increasing the quality of the live stream. I guess that could count toward some fan feedback.

broonie27
11-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Ouch

Johnyboy, I didn't mean any offence there, I'm sorry. However I only started watching the service 3 years ago and I'm not sure you were involved back then were you?

My comment about bias, in hindsight, was more to do with the highlights of a match. There would be games that I knew the opposition had been all over us and yet watching the highlights you'd think Hibs were the better team. That really annoyed me as I want to see our defence's weaknesses just as much as our striking strength (for all there was on offer :wink:).

StokePogesHibs
13-02-2012, 04:18 AM
The good thing is that the change to the service has activated the international fans. Let's hope that this is a catalyst for hibs to connect with their vast 'distance' support. Engage constructively!

Septimus
13-02-2012, 07:24 AM
I have now missed the last two home games due to the fact they were not streamed. That has saved me the princely total of 12 pounds. It would be interesting to know just how much the Club have saved by dropping the service over these past two weeks.

It is sad that just as the fortunes of the team appear to be inproving my interest in them seems to be waning. Is this what the board want?

hongkonghibee
13-02-2012, 03:56 PM

Same here, never been emailed asking for my views on Hibs TV

hongkonghibee
26-02-2012, 08:07 AM
As I live in Hongkong, and can only get to Easter road for 2 or 3 matches a season, I have been able to keep my passion for everything Hibs over the past 6 years by subscribing to the Hibs TV live service. Now i feel so pissed off with the people now in charge of HibsTV for cutting this service. Even the matches I can watch now are without HibsTV commentators which is surely one of the main attractions of this service. Its all been handled very badly, with it seems little or no consultation with overseas fans. It would appear from Dalkeiths posts on here that the service did cover its costs in the past, and Im sure with more publicity for the service, season tickets, higher charges, welcoming more volunteers to run the service, it could be continued.

I have emailed Hibs Tv an appeal to show the next home match vs. St Mirren live for us again. The cameras and Commentary team are already in place, as they are used for the live audio and highlights.
Personally I think 10 pound would be an ok amount to charge, although i understand some people would find that price too high?

This issue doesn't only effect those of us living abroad now, it also affects supporters on holiday, and pre-season friendly matches which were available to everyone to view in the past.
Would others be interested to email the club too ?

tv_live@hiberniantv.co.uk is their email address

_

beastie
26-02-2012, 04:20 PM
As I live in Hongkong, and can only get to Easter road for 2 or 3 matches a season, I have been able to keep my passion for everything Hibs over the past 6 years by subscribing to the Hibs TV live service. Now i feel so pissed off with the people now in charge of HibsTV for cutting this service. Even the matches I can watch now are without HibsTV commentators which is surely one of the main attractions of this service. Its all been handled very badly, with it seems little or no consultation
with overseas fans. It would appear from Dalkeiths posts on here that the service did cover its costs in the past, and Im sure with more publicity for the service, season tickets, higher charges, welcoming more volunteers to run the service, it could be continued.

I have emailed Hibs Tv an appeal to show the next home match vs. St Mirren live for us again. The cameras and Commentary team are already in place, as they are used for the live audio and highlights.
Personally I think 10 pound would be an ok amount to charge, although i understand some people would find that price too high?

This issue doesn't only effect those of us living abroad now, it also affects supporters on holiday, and pre-season friendly matches which were available to everyone to view in the past.
Would others be interested to email the club too ?

tv_live@hiberniantv.co.uk is their email address

_

Hello HKH,

Had a few mails back and forth with Mr Sleight when this thread started up. Must say he did respond fairly quickly to them but it just seemed like a trail of pre-planned replies.

Certainly, it's becoming more obvious that overseas Hibbies were not consulted, myself included. I expected the same service but just an improvement in stream quality. I also expected a rise in costs which I had no problem with, but I was very sceptical when I seen the new pricing !!

As mentioned previously in the thread, there is an undoubted improvement in the quality of the live stream and Hibernian TV in general, but there surely has to be a separate service on marchdays for us overseas boys and girls. There was nothing wrong with the old format. Resolution wasn't great but good enough for my Hibs fix. The service on offer now basically matches what I can pick up of the satellite anyway. The old adage comes to mind 'if it isnae broken, dinnae fix it'.

Hoping things will be reviewed on a regular basis as advised by Mr Sleight. I made mention on my last email to him that this discontent wouldn't go away anytime soon. Think we have to keep pressing the issue.

I'll certainly send an email re the St Midden game.

Cheers,
Stew
GGTTH

The Green Goblin
26-02-2012, 05:55 PM
To HKH and Beastie. If you check back a bit in the thread, you'll see that admins created a separate Hibs Overseas Supporters Forum. A poster called HibsMax is putting together a carefully thought out approach/letter to the club which will have the names of as many overseas fans as possible (strength in numbers and a valid claim to represent the overseas fans en masse etc.) The aim of this is to be constructive and bring about change. If you are not already signed up to that board, then it would be great if you could join and add your names to the list. PM Hibsmax with your name, email and location. Things are still at an early stage, so you will be supporting the initiative at the best time. Cheers. GG

Keith_M
27-02-2012, 09:03 AM
"Unfortunately this match is not being shown live via Hibernian International." Hibs TV (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120224/hibernian-tv-kilmarnock-coverage_2262950_2623058)

We're all in this together...

...unless you're currently overseas for any reason, in which case you can just bog off. :na na:

hongkonghibee
27-02-2012, 09:43 AM
"Unfortunately this match is not being shown live via Hibernian International." Hibs TV (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120224/hibernian-tv-kilmarnock-coverage_2262950_2623058)

We're all in this together...

...unless you're currently overseas for any reason, in which case you can just bog off. :na na:

Or if you are on holiday abroad and want to watch one match, you can bog off too
I suspect too, that live showing of pre season friendlies may go the same way too....which will effect everyone

beastie
27-02-2012, 02:29 PM
To HKH and Beastie. If you check back a bit in the thread, you'll see that admins created a separate Hibs Overseas Supporters Forum. A poster called HibsMax is putting together a carefully thought out approach/letter to the club which will have the names of as many overseas fans as possible (strength in numbers and a valid claim to represent the overseas fans en masse etc.) The aim of this is to be constructive and bring about change. If you are not already signed up to that board, then it would be great if you could join and add your names to the list. PM Hibsmax with your name, email and location. Things are still at an early stage, so you will be supporting the initiative at the best time. Cheers. GG

Cheers GG,

I had PM'd and sent an email out previously to HM but hadn't heard anything back.

Have PM'd again so hopefully might hear something this time round:aok:

All the best,
Stew.
GGTTH

Dalkeith
01-03-2012, 10:09 AM
How are you guys getting on with this had any feedback from the club yet, another big game this weekend pity if you are missing out

Keith_M
01-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Not sure if the OP has actually contacted the club. I realise there's now an oversees forum but it doesn't seem very well used so I hope I haven't missed any info. Think I'll pop over there now and check..........

hongkonghibee
01-03-2012, 10:50 AM
How are you guys getting on with this had any feedback from the club yet, another big game this weekend pity if you are missing out

I have emailed Hibs TV last week, appealing to them to show the St Mirren game live to us overseas supporters (at a cost that would be profitable for the Club), but still no reply. Not only did the club not consult us about the cuts to this service, but now they seem to want to ignore us hoping we will go away. They already have the hibsTV commentary team, and need to film the match live for later highlights anyway , so its not an unreasonable request and should be easy to set up as they have been doing it for the past 6 years.
The official site boasts "all of us vs. St. Mirren" . Obviously the Club no longer sees us as part of the Hibernian family.
Even if you dont live overseas it would be nice if other posters on Hibs.net would email the Club in solidarity asking them to restore the ' all live home matches' service, at a price that makes the Club a profit. This should be available on a match by match basis for supporters on holiday or away supporters (eg st mirren supporters living abroad) and for pre-season friendlies for everyone and also by season ticket (and cup top-up) .
please email:
tv_live@hiberniantv.co.uk
thanks for your help!

Keith_M
01-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Not sure if the OP has actually contacted the club. I realise there's now an oversees forum but it doesn't seem very well used so I hope I haven't missed any info. Think I'll pop over there now and check..........

OK, that's B*ll*x, it's just me that's not been reading it lately. Thanks Dalkeith, hopefully they'll notice :thumbsup:

Does replying to my own post mean I'm now talking to myself? :rolleyes:

Keith_M
01-03-2012, 10:55 AM
I have emailed Hibs TV last week, appealing to them to show the St Mirren game live to us overseas supporters (at a cost that would be profitable for the Club), but still no reply. .....

Maybe someone could sneak a video camera into the main stand :greengrin

The Green Goblin
01-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Yes....."UNITY" and "ALL OF US" - umm.....unless you are a hibs fan who lives abroad or is on holiday, in which case you are not actually included. Hmmm......so, "NOT, IN FACT ALL OF US"......

And if you are, like me, one of those outcasts from the "Hibs family"- then you, like me, used to get the games live but don't any more because the "new better value for money" service is actually the "old service but without the video broadcast of most of the games or hibs commentary". What is that now- one game video broadcast out of the last 4? 5 games?

What a lot of nonsense. They are treating us like idiots. Lying about consulting overseas fans is one thing but claiming the service is better is insulting.

It makes me really angry, it really does. Maybe I should just forget about supporting Hibs. Maybe we all should. Would they even care? Would they even notice?

DC_Hibs
01-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Not to worry, the next best thing is Dunf/Mwell which is the BBC Alba game and is live on Bet365.

Unfortunately there's no Hibs games on Alba before the split so we just need to wait for those scheduled Sky/ESPN games.

Septimus
02-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Just sent an appeal to Hibs TV to broadcast Saturday's game. It won't happen but "Bump"

PeeJay
02-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Unfortunately there's no Hibs games on Alba before the split so we just need to wait for those scheduled Sky/ESPN games.

Sent my "appeal" to broadcast Saturday's game against St. Mirren yesterday - haven't had a reply, didn't get a reply to my feedback for the first live broadcast - changed days at the Hibs TV service... maybe they've been inundated with overseas Hibs FANS and are they are simply struggling to get round to replying to us all :rolleyes:?

Interesting point about the upcoming split - could that mean that no more games would be broadcast involving Hibs as the tv cameras will be geared towards more 'important' events in the top 6?

Dalkeith
02-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Sent my "appeal" to broadcast Saturday's game against St. Mirren yesterday - haven't had a reply, didn't get a reply to my feedback for the first live broadcast - changed days at the Hibs TV service... maybe they've been inundated with overseas Hibs FANS and are they are simply struggling to get round to replying to us all :rolleyes:?

Interesting point about the upcoming split - could that mean that no more games would be broadcast involving Hibs as the tv cameras will be geared towards more 'important' events in the top 6?

As it stands now only home game that will be shown live is the motherwell game however away games at hearts and inverness are being shown.

Depending on how things go in our battle against drop we could have 5 games with nothing to play for so there would be no interest from TV, so last time you may see "your club" live this season could well be 8th April against motherwell.

If as been stated here and elswhere that emails on the subject of St Mirren game have at this moment went unanswered then thats a very poor show from all involved at the club

hongkonghibee
02-03-2012, 12:22 PM
As it stands now only home game that will be shown live is the motherwell game however away games at hearts and inverness are being shown.

Depending on how things go in our battle against drop we could have 5 games with nothing to play for so there would be no interest from TV, so last time you may see "your club" live this season could well be 8th April against motherwell.

If as been stated here and elswhere that emails on the subject of St Mirren game have at this moment went unanswered then thats a very poor show from all involved at the club

But.......the hearts and inverness away games will not be with hibsTV commentary....just streaming ESPN/Sky/Alba with their commentary, which we can pick up from the internet anyway. The core idea of Hibs TV originally was to have a passionate biased service by supporters for supporters, which would bring the Hibs family worldwide together.

Yup, i reckon unless we can get our Club to reverse this decision , it could be that no matches will be shown live after the split. And no pre season friendlies too.

Yes, very poor show that emails to the club go unanswered.

Septimus
03-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Just sent an appeal to Hibs TV to broadcast Saturday's game. It won't happen but "Bump"

I got this reply.

"Thank you for emailing Hibernian TV. If you're query relates to the Live Video broadcasting of a Hibernian fixture, we will answer you shortly."

I am overwhelmed with the keen interest in my concern.

hongkonghibee
03-03-2012, 12:20 PM
I got this reply.

"Thank you for emailing Hibernian TV. If you're query relates to the Live Video broadcasting of a Hibernian fixture, we will answer you shortly."

I am overwhelmed with the keen interest in my concern.

Just got a reply

"Unfortunately the situation concerning Hibernian TV International won’t change between now and the end of the season."
and a longer reply from Fife Hyland saying the Club cannot afford to subsidise the International service in current tough times.

The fight continues! Still no attempt to consult with us on how to make the service run without subsidy. No reply to my suggestions. Surely they should have emailed all of us overseas supporters a long time ago to work out a way of running this service without subsidy, before pissing off the very people who they need the money from to improve the Clubs financial position.

The gap between club and supporters seems to be widening further.

The Green Goblin
03-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Agree with all the comments, but remember we havent made our group approach yet. That will be constructive and positive, and we will give that every chance...but if that isnt taken seriously or doesnt work, we will most likely pick up the idea someone suggested way back of going through high profile media channels to highlight the problem and force the club to address it in a more satisfactory manner. This is a long term game plan and we will get there.

hongkonghibee
03-03-2012, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=The Green Goblin;3134721]Agree with all the comments, but remember we havent made our group approach yet. That will be constructive and positive, and we will give that every chance...but if that isnt taken seriously or doesnt work, we will most likely pick up the idea someone suggested way back of going through high profile media channels to highlight the problem and force the club to address it in a more satisfactory manner. This is a long term game plan and we will get there.

PeeJay
03-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Just got a reply

"Unfortunately the situation concerning Hibernian TV International won’t change between now and the end of the season."
and a longer reply from Fife Hyland saying the Club cannot afford to subsidise the International service in current tough times.

The fight continues! Still no attempt to consult with us on how to make the service run without subsidy. No reply to my suggestions. Surely they should have emailed all of us overseas supporters a long time ago to work out a way of running this service without subsidy, before pissing off the very people who they need the money from to improve the Clubs financial position.

The gap between club and supporters seems to be widening further.

I got the same reply as you, not convinced by anything in it at all - in my case that gap may be widening just too far...

Septimus
03-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I have now had replies re my request that they stream the St.Mirren match. They are as recorded above. The whole problem is financial it would seem. Why then can they not let Dalkeith in to stream irt privately and see what the reponse is from us in the distance. We all know times are tough.

The only bright spot in the reply is that they appear to be considering a resumption of the service next season.

beastie
03-03-2012, 04:34 PM
I have now had replies re my request that they stream the St.Mirren match. They are as recorded above. The whole problem is financial it would seem. Why then can they not let Dalkeith in to stream irt privately and see what the reponse is from us in the distance. We all know times are tough.

The only bright spot in the reply is that they appear to be considering a resumption of the service next season.

Had the same reply also.

Just reinforces what has been mentioned earlier. No contact made. No advice on how much this costs and what can be done to make it feasible. Nothing!

Don't mean to be cynical but what do you take from the "We will not be changing the current format between now and the end of the season" comment? In other words to appease you we will look into again next season but don't hold your breath :o(

Also love the comment at the beginning regarding the clubs financials like the Live Stream was a heavy burden on resources.

Fingers crossed for next season I suppose eh :o)

GGTTH

hongkonghibee
04-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Had the same reply also.

Just reinforces what has been mentioned earlier. No contact made. No advice on how much this costs and what can be done to make it feasible. Nothing!

Don't mean to be cynical but what do you take from the "We will not be changing the current format between now and the end of the season" comment? In other words to appease you we will look into again next season but don't hold your breath :o(

Also love the comment at the beginning regarding the clubs financials like the Live Stream was a heavy burden on resources.

Fingers crossed for next season I suppose eh :o)

GGTTH

Totally agree beastie.
No contact made.
No season ticket option for 2011-12 season ( which is how the service paid for itself in the past). A ridiculously low 3 pounds/match ( when previous seasons it was 5-6 pounds).
Is it possible they were deliberatly making it lose money so they have an excuse to cut the service?
IMO its a service to supporters that could pay for itself or even make a small profit, if they priced it correctly. All they needed to do was ask us.
Like you, I laughed at the idea that they think we are a heavy burden on resources, maybe the Directors should look at their own inflated salaries first?
They are not looking at the bigger picture. Overseas supporters buy goods from the online shop, join the membership scheme so we can buy tickets, spend more than anyone travelling to a few games a year if we can, spread the good name of the Club abroad, and may well be future season ticket holders at Easter Rd if we later return to Scotland. If the Club thinks it can afford in these difficult times financially to lose these loyal supporters , its a big mistake.

Septimus
08-03-2012, 05:54 AM
All seems to have gone quiet on this front. How can we put some pressure on the club to re-think their decision as they have promised to do next season?

hongkonghibee
08-03-2012, 09:15 AM
All seems to have gone quiet on this front. How can we put some pressure on the club to re-think their decision as they have promised to do next season?

check out the "Overseas Hibs supporters" forum on this site.

JON6207
08-03-2012, 09:25 AM
check out the "Overseas Hibs supporters" forum on this site.

where is this?

PeeJay
08-03-2012, 11:12 AM
where is this?

http://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?58-Overseas-Hibs-Supporters

Nazz
08-03-2012, 11:46 AM
http://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?58-Overseas-Hibs-Supporters

How do you get permission to view this forum?

Thanks.

MSK
08-03-2012, 12:00 PM
How do you get permission to view this forum?

Thanks.By invite, from hibsMax ...

hongkonghibee
03-04-2012, 01:14 PM
With Fife Hyland leaving the Club, it should give overseas supporters another chance to put pressure on the board to re-instate the old live TV service on Hibs TV. All our proposals to make the overseas service profitable to the Club have been dismissed or not properly considered by them so far, with the excuse that they will reconsider the decision at the end of this season. No good for us wanting to watch the bottom 6 home games coming up though:rolleyes:.

norwayhibs
03-04-2012, 02:02 PM
I have a feeling HK that if they dont answer e mails etc then the powers that be hope the problem will go away.Dalkeith assures us that sending the games live is viable,and from what I understand of what he says (and have no reason to doubt him) it will also make Hibs money. The excuse of "we consulted the fans" just doesnt wash, is there any ex Pat out there who was consulted? :confused:

PeeJay
03-04-2012, 04:07 PM
...is there any ex Pat out there who was consulted? :confused:

The new and improved Hibs TV service is as clear an answer to your question as is needed: fan consultation obviously wasn't high on their list of priorities - seems to me - we the fans - are irrelevant. They sold us a tale of improvement only to:

a) stop showing all the home games - (when we used to have all the home games and even some away games!)
b) take away the Hibs commentary team
c) they now show us a game when the TV companies deem it OK to show Hibs, NOT if it's important to Hibs fans -
d) I assume - with the stupid upcoming SPL split - that we may not see any more games this season because the tv will have as much interest in bottom of the league Hibs games as the club has in its overseas fans - zilch!
e) BTW anyone else notice that the games they do show through the provider now try to pretend that it's some sort of exclusive HIBS TV service "run by fans perhaps" - whenever any audio references are made by the commentators during the game to ESPN/SKY services (as in "Next week on ESP...) some unknown knob twiddler turns down the audio - AND they cut out the half-time banter/analysis ...

The entire service and its attitude to the fans that Hyland seemingly 'discovered' again shortly before leaving the club is on a par with the performance served up by the 'team' on the park - which suggest to me that the club has no real direction, no real goals, no specific need/desire to cater to its overseas fan base. Apparently there's not enough of 'us' - yet they are unable to see that none of the measures introduced will increase their target group, but they are in fact having the inverse effect - great stuff guys!

The on-going knock-down/ignoring of Dalkeith's efforts suggest we - the fans (overseas fans) are indeed irrelevant - i.e we can like it or lump it.

Seems to me people operating the Hibs TV service at this level of amateurism will not be open to persuasion to improve it or to gear it properly towards the fan base ...

:brickwall

Dalkeith
03-04-2012, 04:24 PM
The on-going knock-down/ignoring of Dalkeith's efforts

A bit unfair on club there as you know i've put forward my idea and there has been contact made
it's now just a matter of wait and see

hongkonghibee
03-04-2012, 05:08 PM
A bit unfair on club there as you know i've put forward my idea and there has been contact made
it's now just a matter of wait and see
yes, a bit unfair as they havent totally dismissed your ideas.
But the lack of real interest or desire to at least show the remaining few matches of the season at a price that could make a profit says it all really. Where has that passion gone to keep Hibs supporters connected to the club wherever they live in the world? There are fans willing to volunteer to help run Hibs TV, but Fife Hyland seems determined to outsource things (eg HibsTVInternational and the installment season ticket), which means the Club loses its "family" feeeling, and discourages supporters to put more money into the club IMHO.
Maybe we will have to wait for Fife to go, before they will have a rethink about Hibs TV.
They should be selling next seasons HibsTV international season tickets NOW, its money up front for the Club. Its been proved i n the past to be possible to run this service profitably if season tickets are promoted. This season it was not profitable because they only offered it on a game by game basis at a ridiculously low price of 3 pound. Waiting to the end of this season and then considering what to do next is not a sensible way forward as the earlier to advertise Season tickets the more they will sell. and less time to recruit more volunteers to the Hibs TV team to help.

Dalkeith
03-04-2012, 05:19 PM
But the lack of real interest or desire to at least show the remaining few matches of the season at a price that could make a profit says it all really. Where has that passion gone to keep Hibs supporters connected to the club wherever they live in the world? There are fans willing to volunteer to help run Hibs TV, but Fife Hyland seems determined to outsource things (eg HibsTVInternational and the installment season ticket), which means the Club loses its "family" feeeling, and discourages supporters to put more money into the club IMHO.
Maybe we will have to wait for Fife to go, before they will have a rethink about Hibs TV.
They should be selling next seasons HibsTV international season tickets NOW, its money up front for the Club. Its been proved i n the past to be possible to run this service profitably if season tickets are promoted. This season it was not profitable because they only offered it on a game by game basis at a ridiculously low price of 3 pound. Waiting to the end of this season and then considering what to do next is not a sensible way forward as the earlier to advertise Season tickets the more they will sell. and less time to recruit more volunteers to the Hibs TV team to help.

Some good points especially waiting until end of season, quicker decisions are made the better for everyone

Dalkeith
04-04-2012, 07:55 PM
can all members of overseas forum read my latest post:rolleyes:

JON6207
05-04-2012, 09:27 AM
can all members of overseas forum read my latest post:rolleyes:

can i get access to the overseas forum please.

Hongkong Phooey
05-04-2012, 09:45 AM

Apols to hijack this slightly but where are you based? Interested in getting together for any games - especially the SF next weekend

hongkonghibee
05-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Apols to hijack this slightly but where are you based? Interested in getting together for any games - especially the SF next weekend

I live in Mui Wo, on Lantau Island
where are you?
Dont expect any pubs to be showing it.

Hongkong Phooey
05-04-2012, 11:34 AM
where are you?

A wee village near Sai Kung. I was hoping that Delayneys in TST or Wanchai could get it - the TST one found the last derby for me.

Nazz
05-04-2012, 12:59 PM
can i get access to the overseas forum please.

Who is managing the overseas forum nowadays? I requested access some time ago through Hibsmax but still don't have permission to view.

Thanks.

The Green Goblin
05-04-2012, 03:02 PM
The only reason we are still having problems with this is because we didn't stick to our original plan, which was to gather all the Hibs supporters outside the UK into one group and approach the club on their behalf with a single voice. In my opinion, if we organise ourselves and still do this, then we will be much better placed to work together with the club to bring about some, if not all, of the changes we hope to see.

GG

PhoenixHibee
05-04-2012, 03:54 PM
I would appreciate permission to view that forum as well.

hibbybrian
05-04-2012, 03:58 PM
The only reason we are still having problems with this is because we didn't stick to our original plan, which was to gather all the Hibs supporters outside the UK into one group and approach the club on their behalf with a single voice. In my opinion, if we organise ourselves and still do this, then we will be much better placed to work together with the club to bring about some, if not all, of the changes we hope to see.

GG

I agree with you GG

HibsMax was going to arrange the organisation of things but he's obviously otherwise engaged as he hasn't posted since 8th March so that's maybe why things have not gone as we expected.

I checked the posters who made their interest known, and on .net there were 35 overseas supporters who answered and several on the bounce. I'm also aware of several more overseas fans from USA and Australia who may not be aware of the forum board and who may be interested in joining. As I doubt the board are privvy to the overseas threads it might help if the board were made aware of the numbers.

I would personally be in favour of setting up an International Supporters Club which could become an affilliate member of the Supporters Assosiation with a voluntary membership fee of 10 quid or so with an option of a donation to funds which could be held as a deposit against future costs for broadcasts of matches so the board would be confident that costs would be covered.

It may be too late to arrange this season but could be a go-er for next so lets not give up the chase just yet.

Canonmills
06-04-2012, 02:45 PM
After 30 years of attending most games at ER I'm about to move to Singapore in June so add me to your list of overseas supporters. Would buy a season ticket in a flash as long as the price wasnt redic. It shouldn't be too hard for the club to tell us what the costs are and how many season tickets they would need to sell at X price to make it work for everyone.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and if I could be added to the international board that would be great.

Keep the pressure up and if I can help in anyway i would be happy to.

Keith_M
06-04-2012, 03:02 PM
I would personally be in favour of setting up an International Supporters Club which could become an affilliate member of the Supporters Assosiation with a voluntary membership fee of 10 quid or so with an option of a donation to funds which could be held as a deposit against future costs for broadcasts of matches so the board would be confident that costs would be covered.

It may be too late to arrange this season but could be a go-er for next so lets not give up the chase just yet.

I'd join.

Do we get a wee card with our name on it? :greengrin

Hongkong Phooey
06-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Me too.

Happy to help with the organisation of it too - if any help is needed?

hibbybrian
06-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Me too.

Happy to help with the organisation of it too - if any help is needed?

First step should be to get a list of anyone who is interested in joining an International Hibernian Supporters Group so I'll start a new thread for anyone to register their interest - hopefully we can get it Stickied :cb

hhibs
07-04-2012, 09:28 AM
First step should be to get a list of anyone who is interested in joining an International Hibernian Supporters Group so I'll start a new thread for anyone to register their interest - hopefully we can get it Stickied :cb

look forward to that,many thanks.

GGTTH

SaudiHibby
11-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Count me in. Happy to assist in any way I can.:flag:

hibbybrian
11-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Count me in. Happy to assist in any way I can.:flag:

Many thanks Mike - but you should have posted on the Sticky thread :greengrin

hongkonghibee
17-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Anyone hear anything about which matches they will show now until the end of the season?
On "Live Events" on official site the next match still shows as Hibs vs. Motherwell on Sunday 8 april...:confused:
The fixture list for the bottom 6 came out ages ago now Yet again no email from the club nor anything on the official site about the games they will be showing to us international subscribers. Why wait until the day before the game, as they did with the semi final, before telling us anything?

PeeJay
17-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Anyone hear anything about which matches they will show now until the end of the season?
On "Live Events" on official site the next match still shows as Hibs vs. Motherwell on Sunday 8 april...:confused:
The fixture list for the bottom 6 came out ages ago now Yet again no email from the club nor anything on the official site about the games they will be showing to us international subscribers. Why wait until the day before the game, as they did with the semi final, before telling us anything?

Live Events now has the St Mirren and Dunfermline games as 'live events' - not this Sunday's Kilmarnock home game unfortunately....

... hmmm just checked again and now it is as you say hongkonghibee - just the Motherwell game from April 8th ... strange goings on...

hongkonghibee
18-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Hibs vs Kilmarnock NOT being shown on HibsTV. After not showing the Semi final, and making us give Aberdeen TV the money instead, you would have thought they might have compensated us by showing the Kilmarnock game. No answer to my email as usual. They seem to be sticking to the - we wont even debate this issue until the seasons ended - line. They could have been making the Club money NOW by selling season tickets for next year. Im sure most of the 100 or so overseas Hibs.net members would be interested........ if the Club was.

HKhibby
19-04-2012, 05:04 PM
where are you?

Quarry Bay mate, you might get the likes of Delayneys show the game

HKhibby
19-04-2012, 05:10 PM
A wee village near Sai Kung. I was hoping that Delayneys in TST or Wanchai could get it - the TST one found the last derby for me.

Quarry Bay mate, hope to see you at the pub for the game!, Delayneys in TST might, the guy that runs that is a big guy called Colin, Welsh guy, has done for years now!

HKhibby
19-04-2012, 05:17 PM

Yes definatly interested! cheers