PDA

View Full Version : English rugger boys in pubs

hibsbollah
03-02-2012, 11:39 AM
I feel a sweeping dislike, a sort of nausea in fact, as soon as i see these hordes of appallingly dressed, boring middle class ****ers standing at the bar shouting and generally just being ********s. i just came out for a quiet lunchtime pint. Its not xenophobia either; its just this particular
species...

I hope they stay away from EH7 tomorrow :grr:

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Im not going to make it back to the boozer until about 2130 tomorrow, which is about the optimum time for the twats to be at their annoying worst!

Jack
03-02-2012, 12:01 PM
TBF its not just the English, they all, including the Scots, like to get up to their jolly japes at rugger weekends.

Wembley67
03-02-2012, 12:04 PM
TBF its not just the English, they all, including the Scots, like to get up to their jolly japes at rugger weekends.

Totally.

I for one am looking forward to putting pubes in friends pints and having a wee in the corner of the pub.

easty
03-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Totally.

I for one am looking forward to putting pubes in friends pints and having a wee in the corner of the pub.

Are you Victor Palsson?

.Sean.
03-02-2012, 03:40 PM
I've said many times on here, I detest Rugby culture, the majority of Rugger Buggers and all things Rugby in general. I'm out up town tomorrow night for one of my good mates 21st and i'm dreading encountering these erseholes. We had a bit of an altercation last year with some Welsh and I am certain the English will be worse. I've a real dislike for all things Rugby.

Incidentally, a friend of mine works at a popular Spa in town and the England Rugby coaching staff and a few players were in earlier today - the 'biggest load of ****ers' he's came into contact with, he said. And he's a pretty easy-going guy.

Middle class bellends, the lot of them.

marinello59
03-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I lived in Twickenham for a spell. Lovely place except on match days when the rugby fans behaviour (of all nationalities) tolerated as high jinks would have had fitba fans locked up.

lapsedhibee
03-02-2012, 05:05 PM
I lived in Twickenham for a spell. Lovely place except on match days when the rugby fans behaviour (of all nationalities) tolerated as high jinks would have had fitba fans locked up.

What were they doing like - shoving broom handles up each others' jacksies for the bants, that kind of thing? :dunno:

hibsbollah
03-02-2012, 05:20 PM
There was this one bellend with an inflatable palm tree in my hostelry of choice at lunchtime.

Antifa Hibs
03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Rugby fans are up their with phannys who dress up like girls on stag partys. Pointless horrible pretentious c***s.

Also heading up town but if I come in close encounter with a skirt wearer I'll be back down to Leith. Thank **** for the people's republic!!!

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
I've said many times on here, I detest Rugby culture, the majority of Rugger Buggers and all things Rugby in general. I'm out up town tomorrow night for one of my good mates 21st and i'm dreading encountering these erseholes. We had a bit of an altercation last year with some Welsh and I am certain the English will be worse. I've a real dislike for all things Rugby.

Incidentally, a friend of mine works at a popular Spa in town and the England Rugby coaching staff and a few players were in earlier today - the 'biggest load of ****ers' he's came into contact with, he said. And he's a pretty easy-going guy.

Middle class bellends, the lot of them.

You were doing so well until your last bit of snobbery. :wink:

I wouldn't call Welsh miners, or Borders farmworkers, or those from Rugby School, middle class.

Just call 'em bellends.... it's safer. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
03-02-2012, 09:57 PM

I wouldn't call Welsh miners, or Borders farmworkers, or those from Rugby School, middle class.

English rugger fans are definitely the middle class!

Don't worry, there's plenty of us down here who don't have any time for the rah rah's either.

Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by ******s

Hainan Hibs
03-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Can't stand them either.

What annoys me most is half the stuff they do would be considered out of order for anyone else, but because it's rugby tossers it's "just banter".

hibsbollah
03-02-2012, 10:12 PM

Welsh miners? Borders farmworkers? Not many of either workforce left these days :greengrin:

Lets not be politically correct. Rugby boys ARE predominantly middleclass. I promise im not lying but a North Faced-clad chap was actually talking about house prices at the bar.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Welsh miners? Borders farmworkers? Not many of either workforce left these days :greengrin:

Lets not be politically correct. Rugby boys ARE predominantly middleclass. I promise im not lying but a North Faced-clad chap was actually talking about house prices at the bar.

lol.. just trying to save the boy from getting a sore face. "How freaking dare you call me middle class..... boyo."

Antifa Hibs
04-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Can't stand them either.

What annoys me most is half the stuff they do would be considered out of order for anyone else, but because it's rugby tossers it's "just banter".

Exactly.

Been into establishments in Embra where they have trashed the place. Acting like complete tossers, but hey ho its just jolly old rugby banter. 3 Aberdeen fans and 1 hun got arrested for breach of the peace 2 weeks ago and it was on reporting Scotland :confused:

Pretty Boy
04-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Bunch of arrogant, ignorant twats.

Don't even get me started in rugby, absolutely everything about it both bores and infuriates me.

.Sean.
04-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Bunch of arrogant, ignorant twats.

Don't even get me started in rugby, absolutely everything about it both bores and infuriates me.

Calm down mate :rolleyes:

Don't you understand? There shenanagins like the ridiculous drinking games, the squawking voices across the room, innapropriate behaviour towards Female bar staff and an attitude of 'we own the ****ing Pub' in just harmless Rugger 'banter'?

Pretty Boy
04-02-2012, 06:42 PM

Don't you understand? There shenanagins like the ridiculous drinking games, the squawking voices across the room, innapropriate behaviour towards Female bar staff and an attitude of 'we own the ****ing Pub' in just harmless Rugger 'banter'?

I had the misfortune of working in a bar with a crowd of them in last night.

Never, ever again. What was worst of all was the owner, who bans all football colours, smiling indulgence of the cants.

Leicester Fan
04-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I tend to agree about the rugger buggers but

Swing low, sweet chariot.:na na:

Scouse Hibee
04-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I tend to agree about the rugger buggers but

Swing low, sweet chariot.:na na:

:aok: :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
04-02-2012, 10:30 PM
:aok: :greengrin

****s

Twa Cairpets
05-02-2012, 06:08 PM
I had the misfortune of working in a bar with a crowd of them in last night.

Never, ever again. What was worst of all was the owner, who bans all football colours, smiling indulgence of the cants.

It has always been the case.

Twenty years ago working in a bar in the centre of town after the Welsh had been in we had the wonderful joy of clearing after their oh-so-fun games of crap in a pint glass, and lets-pee-in-the-finished-bottle. How the female bar staff roared with the fun of it all as they were groped by no-necked boors with piggy little eyes and brains the size of peas. How they regaled us with their funny songs and drinking games.

It is a sport that attracts an arrogance and vileness amongst its fans that is beyond contemptible.

All in my opinion of course.

But I'm right :wink:

Steve-O
06-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Sure it's not a British thing? I didn't witness any of this type of behaviour during the entire Rugby World Cup this year, other than with a handful of English fans who did things like drink pints of baked beans and the like. Otherwise, the banter was no probs at all. Admittedly it was mainly Scots or Kiwis I was around though.

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2012, 12:24 PM
One English rugger bugger got a sore face from doorman at a certain West End establishment on saturday night! :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Was it painful SH?

lyonhibs
06-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Was bk home in a packed establishment on Saturday, and hating to buck the trend, whilst there was plenty of ale consumed, I didnt see any of the aforementioned antics. Get some obnoxious prats in the pub down here come 6 Nations time though

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I also find it quite frustrating how far folk that run boozers will go to accommodate rugby fans that only frequent their pubs half a dozen times a year. Even although the boozer I was in yesterday shows the football every Sunday we had to put up with the Ireland v Wales rugger commentary.

Scouse Hibee
06-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Was it painful SH?

It looked it and certainly proved the old phrase.................the bigger they are......................the harder they fall!!

Andy74
07-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I also find it quite frustrating how far folk that run boozers will go to accommodate rugby fans that only frequent their pubs half a dozen times a year. Even although the boozer I was in yesterday shows the football every Sunday we had to put up with the Ireland v Wales rugger commentary.

Hate that too. any boozer entertaining that should be avoided the rest of the year to teach them loyalty.

Hate everything abour rugby and its fans. The amount of people who don't give a toss about the sport ordinarily that get all excited about he 6 nations coming to town. Does my head in.

As well as the japery that would see football fans locked up.

Says it all about women that most of them love these boys..:greengrin

HibeeEmma
07-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Was bk home in a packed establishment on Saturday, and hating to buck the trend, whilst there was plenty of ale consumed, I didnt see any of the aforementioned antics. Get some obnoxious prats in the pub down here come 6 Nations time though

Im in the same place and i have to agree. It's prime location for them and is all the Monday morning chat at work :blah::bye:

Pete
08-02-2012, 04:42 AM
Rugby fans are alright in general.

It's a twice a year day out for them and of course some of them will go a bit mental.

It's all about percentages and you don't really notice the 95% of them that are OK and behave impeccably.

However, football culture is good and rugby culture is bad in some peoples eyes and I don't think they'll ever be open to change.

Football fans can take the moral high ground when we do away with segregation and allow open drinking in grounds.

HH81
08-02-2012, 05:03 AM
To be fair to them, you could say they have to make their own excitement in pubs/bars etc.... Once they enter the ground its its a bore fest of kick, chase and have a rest.

The rugby league fans are well behaved :agree:

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2012, 06:40 AM

It's a twice a year day out for them and of course some of them will go a bit mental.

It's all about percentages and you don't really notice the 95% of them that are OK and behave impeccably.

However, football culture is good and rugby culture is bad in some peoples eyes and I don't think they'll ever be open to change.

Football fans can take the moral high ground when we do away with segregation and allow open drinking in grounds.

Happens already in EPL maybe it's time to try it in Scotland :greengrin

HH81
08-02-2012, 07:28 AM
[/B]Happens already in EPL maybe it's time to try it in Scotland :greengrin

Only under the stand and not in view of playing area.

Let's not forget most drinks in football grounds is watered down,overpriced rubbish.

spike220
08-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Sure it's not a British thing? I didn't witness any of this type of behaviour during the entire Rugby World Cup this year, other than with a handful of English fans who did things like drink pints of baked beans and the like. Otherwise, the banter was no probs at all. Admittedly it was mainly Scots or Kiwis I was around though.

Agreed, at the Rugby World Cup the only to$$ers I cam across were English, they are the worst wineers and losers you can imagine. They were the vrey defintion of whinging poms!!

Hibernian Verse
08-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Fair enough call them bellends or whatever but there's no need for classism, or reverse classism as it seems to be in this case. I'm sure many of readers here would describe themselves as middle class and don't want to be tied in with the bellend tag, bellends.

Twa Cairpets
08-02-2012, 08:41 AM

You are right in that you tend to see the things that confirm your own biases and prejudices - no doubt.

There's lots and lots of football culture that is bad - take the OF and the inhabitants of kickback for example - but to my mind there is a clear and persistent boorishness that grips rugby fans en masse, particularly English and Welsh ones, when they go to a game.

Hibernian Verse
08-02-2012, 08:44 AM
You are right in that you tend to see the things that confirm your own biases and prejudices - no doubt.

There's lots and lots of football culture that is bad - take the OF and the inhabitants of kickback for example - but to my mind there is a clear and persistent boorishness that grips rugby fans en masse, particularly English and Welsh ones, when they go to a game.

Yes you do see your own prejudices. However if one took an unbiased look at the difference between football and rugby fans then surely it's clear that it's football fans that are far less civilised than rugby fans? Given that rugby fans are actually allowed to mix in the crowd whereas football fans are seen as aggressive and antagonising.

Gus
08-02-2012, 12:04 PM

have you gone off topic & now discussing the Hibs squad

LancashireHibby
08-02-2012, 08:11 PM
I will quite happily admit my own prejudice against rugby union fans. The Pimms-drinking, picnic-eating, blazer-wearing, pish-in-the-corner toffs.

HibeeEmma
09-02-2012, 09:55 AM
I will quite happily admit my own prejudice against rugby union fans. The Pimms-drinking, picnic-eating, blazer-wearing, pish-in-the-corner toffs.

Pimms is awesome. You clearly have not tried it with a shot of tequila ...