PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts Kicked Out Of Riccarton (?)

itchy07
03-02-2012, 07:48 AM
It was mentioned here last week that they were trying to move into the Spartans facilities and i've just heard from someone who works there that Hertz will be training there today. Hope for Spartans sake they've paid up front.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-02-2012, 07:54 AM
It was mentioned here last week that they were trying to move into the Spartans facilities and i've just heard from someone who works there that Hertz will be training there today. Hope for Spartans sake they've paid up front.

:titanic:

The students of Heriot Watt have spoken 'We want the manky lot out'

That is all.

greenginger
03-02-2012, 08:09 AM

They won't have to pay anything ! Just checked the the Scottish Assessors web site for Business Rates and the Ainslie Park Academy facility is owned by Edinburgh Council.

Cardownie and Company will fix it for them. :grr:

Mikey
03-02-2012, 08:14 AM

Are you sure? There's nothing about it at all on Kickback :wink:

Maybe the EEN will send Pattullo down to get some pictures and he can do a 2 page spread on Hearts' new facilities.

Trying to work out where Hearts will be training next is a fools errand if ever there was one.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2012, 08:21 AM
I know north Newcastle is quite a hike, but at least its ours. :aok:

Beefster
03-02-2012, 08:22 AM
You guys need to get with the programme. All big teams renege on payments due to academic institutions and get thrown out.

You dinnae win the Champions League by having a conscience.

wazoo1875
03-02-2012, 08:24 AM
I know north Newcastle is quite a hike, but at least its ours. :aok:

You guys need to get with the programme. All big teams renege on payments due to academic institutions and get thrown out.

You dinnae win the Champions League by having a conscience.

:top marks

Jack
03-02-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm sure there was something a couple of weeks ago where they had been negotiating to get those training facilities for free.

I couldn't see what the benefits to Spartans would be from that arrangement other than having their pitch ripped to shreds.

CentreLine
03-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Before we go off on a 5 pager with this one can someone confirm that this has happened and if it is permanent? Then we can have a mega-page thread to laught at hahahahearts all over again

Would the last one out please turn out the lights :lurksub:

Andy74
03-02-2012, 08:30 AM

More likely to do with the frozen pitches at Riccarton?

Cropley10
03-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Before we go off on a 5 pager with this one can someone confirm that this has happened and if it is permanent? Then we can have a mega-page thread to laught at hahahahearts all over again

Would the last one out please turn out the lights :lurksub:

How? If they're not paying anything for their training facilities then that's another bill/cost that doesn't have to me met.:confused:

HibeeMassive
03-02-2012, 08:39 AM
They won't have to pay anything ! Just checked the the Scottish Assessors web site for Business Rates and the Ainslie Park Academy facility is owned by Edinburgh Council.

The council only own the Anslie Park Leisure Centre, not the Spartans Community facility as far as I'm aware. Spartans facility is free to use for local kids when the pitches are not in use - as it was part funded by lottery/sport grants (can't remember which now) - but other than that anyone training there needs to cough up for the pitches.

All the pitches, including the spartans 1st team pitch are artifical so there would be no threat to the pitch being ripped up... on second thoughts, they are a big bunch of cloggers ... :greengrin

bawheid
03-02-2012, 08:46 AM
More likely to do with the frozen pitches at Riccarton?

Riccarton has a full size indoor pitch.

easty
03-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Is this going to be another thread about how Hearts are in so much financial turmoil?

.net Mid December - "hearts will lose all thier players in January"
.net Start of January - "oooooh it's coming, finally the mad one is going to have to sell to pay the wages"
.net Mid January - "it'll be the last day of the transfer window, that's when it'll all happen"
.net End of January - "all the bids will come in today and they'll have to take whatever they're offered"

All that came and went without much actually happening. Did they lose anyone who had actually been playing?

So now let's just rip into them for getting booted out of Riccarton.....yay. Bored.

greenlex
03-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Is this going to be another thread about how Hearts are in so much financial turmoil?

.net Start of January - "oooooh it's coming, finally the mad one is going to have to sell to pay the wages"
.net Mid January - "it'll be the last day of the transfer window, that's when it'll all happen"
.net End of January - "all the bids will come in today and they'll have to take whatever they're offered"

All that came and went without much actually happening. Did they lose anyone who had actually been playing?

So now let's just rip into them for getting booted out of Riccarton.....yay. Bored.
You dont have to read it. Its clearly marked as a Yam thread.:confused:

Lucius Apuleius
03-02-2012, 08:54 AM

:confused: How can any Hibby get bored putting the boot into and laughing at that pile of sheicht?

easty
03-02-2012, 08:57 AM
:confused: How can any Hibby get bored putting the boot into and laughing at that pile of sheicht?

I'll stop being bored when something of note actually happens to them. Like we've been waiting on for how many years now?

Andy74
03-02-2012, 09:00 AM

Good.

Lucius Apuleius
03-02-2012, 09:00 AM
I'll stop being bored when something of note actually happens to them. Like we've been waiting on for how many years now?

Since 1875 my friend, since 1875.

greenginger
03-02-2012, 09:03 AM
The council only own the Anslie Park Leisure Centre, not the Spartans Community facility as far as I'm aware. Spartans facility is free to use for local kids when the pitches are not in use - as it was part funded by lottery/sport grants (can't remember which now) - but other than that anyone training there needs to cough up for the pitches.

All the pitches, including the spartans 1st team pitch are artifical so there would be no threat to the pitch being ripped up... on second thoughts, they are a big bunch of cloggers ... :greengrin

The Assessors web site notes 94 Pilton Drive as having Spartans Community Football Academy as tenants and Edinburgh Council as proprietors.

easty
03-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Since 1875 my friend, since 1875.

:aok:

cocopops1875
03-02-2012, 09:06 AM

No it doesn't , it does have a full sized artificial grass outside

Keith_M
03-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Until we have this confirmed and not just another "I heard"/"My Mate told me"/"From the Fishman" I think the thread title should have "allegedly" added to it.

And before anyone tells me to ignore the thread if I don't like it, the thread is titled Hearts Kicked out of Riccarton, so why wouldn't I be interested to see what it actually says?

bawheid
03-02-2012, 09:34 AM
No it doesn't , it does have a full sized artificial grass outside

It's got a bloody massive indoor pitch then! I've played on it and it can't be that far off full size. Certainly enough to train on if things get a bit chilly. The artificial pitches outside are unplayable in freezing conditions.

itchy07
03-02-2012, 09:35 AM
For the record, my original thread title was training facilities. I know nothing about why they've moved to Spartans but i trust the source 100%, i asked him earlier in the week if the rumour was true and he refused to comment but was interested where i'd heard the story.

heretoday
03-02-2012, 09:39 AM
I heard they were planning a kickabout in Gorgski Road Aldi car park with trolleys for goalposts but it was cancelled due to the fact that pound coins are required to release them.

What drives me to make up these obviously false and hurtful stories?

Hibeez Boy!xx
03-02-2012, 10:20 AM
ive een at riccarton and the place is a mess - full of the yobs, lucky if ive see any uni guys their....hopefully they do get kicked out to make the place be used by usefull people. GGTTH:flag::pfgwa

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I heard they were planning a kickabout in Gorgski Road Aldi car park with trolleys for goalposts but it was cancelled due to the fact that pound coins are required to release them.

What drives me to make up these obviously false and hurtful stories?

:top marks

h1bs4life
03-02-2012, 11:23 AM
No idea if they have been kicked oot of Riccarton but just back from Ainslie Park Leisure Centre and they were training on Spartans frozen pitch next door. Lots of flash cars in the car park , not sure if they are all paid for.:greengrin

Hibs7
03-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Hope it is true, another nail in the coffin of the inbred neanderthals can only be a good thing.

Hibs Class
03-02-2012, 11:54 AM
For the record, my original thread title was training facilities. I know nothing about why they've moved to Spartans but i trust the source 100%, i asked him earlier in the week if the rumour was true and he refused to comment but was interested where i'd heard the story.

I trust my Mrs 100% but it doesn't stop her being wrong on occasion :greengrin

Mikey
03-02-2012, 12:40 PM
They seem pretty adamant over the road that it's nothing more sinister than frozen pitches at Riccarton.

Presumably it's a balmy 20 degrees across the other side of the city and they're running around in flip flops and Bermuda shorts.

down-the-slope
03-02-2012, 12:42 PM
This may explain it...Spartans have just been awarded £150K to set up a community football academy.....they probably needed some lost causes to test it out :greengrin

http://www.thewisegroup.co.uk/content/mediaassets/doc/EGF%20Recipients.pdf (http://www.thewisegroup.co.uk/content/mediaassets/doc/EGF%20Recipients.pdf)

Jim44
03-02-2012, 12:54 PM

The Assessors web site notes 94 Pilton Drive as having Spartans Community Football Academy as tenants and Edinburgh Council as proprietors.

So the Council are the owners. What right might they have to allow HOMFC free training facilities in a venue paid for by Edinburgh tax payers? Stuff Cardownie and Company.

SRHibs
03-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Probably nothing in it. Really looks like we're clutching at straws here. You can actually sense the proverbial pant wetting from some on here, the minute a negative finance related post about Hearts goes up - which, as usual, turns out to be nothing again.

Gus Fring
03-02-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm sure I read in the conditions of let that Tenants are not permitted to sub-let under any circumstance.

:wink:

Not sure it's classed as sub-letting. If a bunch of guys wanted to use Spartans they would have to pay for facilities, I don't see how the Yams are any different?

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Not sure it's classed as sub-letting. If a bunch of guys wanted to use Spartans they would have to pay for facilities, I don't see how the Yams are any different?

The Yams don't pay.

The Yams can't pay.

My business account probably has more in it than theirs.

Andy74
03-02-2012, 01:22 PM
The Yams don't pay.

The Yams can't pay.

My business account probably has more in it than theirs.

Oi, there's questions about clobber on another thread for you to attend to.

Golden Bear
03-02-2012, 01:24 PM

:a bite:

:greengrin

HIBEETILLIDIE
03-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Hope it is true, another nail in the coffin of the inbred neanderthals can only be a good thing.

Maybe they are just getting the players used to thier new stadium?

cocopops1875
03-02-2012, 01:26 PM
It's got a bloody massive indoor pitch then! I've played on it and it can't be that far off full size. Certainly enough to train on if things get a bit chilly. The artificial pitches outside are unplayable in freezing conditions.

Easy tiger simply pointing out its a good bit shy of full sized ( that is indeed a myth put around by that smelly mob) played there regularly and we found 8/9 a side the maximum the pitch could take for a decent game, so we started using the outdoor one which if as you say can't be used is a sorry state of affairs considering its "ALL WEATHER" can't remember what the surface was like however

elven
03-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Sell the lot and go to a super park at Stratton :stirrer:

Lucius Apuleius
03-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Sell the lot and go to a super park at Stratton :stirrer:

A Colorado ski resort:confused:

cocopops1875
03-02-2012, 01:37 PM
As I'm all about the facts the heriot watt pitch is 60x40 meters Easter rds pitch is 112x74 yards or 102x67 meters

Andy74
03-02-2012, 01:45 PM
A Colorado ski resort:confused:

Not the worst idea.

bawheid
03-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Easy tiger simply pointing out its a good bit shy of full sized ( that is indeed a myth put around by that smelly mob) played there regularly and we found 8/9 a side the maximum the pitch could take for a decent game, so we started using the outdoor one which if as you say can't be used is a sorry state of affairs considering its "ALL WEATHER" can't remember what the surface was like however

I'm easy. :aok:

I'll accept that since you've done your homework the HW pitch ain't full size. I would have still thought there was enough room to get some decent training going, but I guess when you consider the yams have a 1st team squad of about 100 it might not be that easy.

Play up there quite often myself and games are usually cancelled outdoors when it's below 0C. Surface outdoors is similar to the indoor surface.

Barney McGrew
03-02-2012, 01:59 PM
They seem pretty adamant over the road that it's nothing more sinister than frozen pitches at Riccarton

So does that extend to the indoor one too?

Presumably the idea of having that one as part of the facility is for exactly such conditions?

poolman
03-02-2012, 02:30 PM
As I'm all about the facts the heriot watt pitch is 60x40 meters Easter rds pitch is 112x74 yards or 102x67 meters

http://www.hw.ac.uk/sports/facilities/team/football.htm

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2012, 02:32 PM
I think the builders at Riccarton are coming in to enclose one pitch with four new stands and a hotel complex, so Hearts have to decant till its ready.

Ritchie
03-02-2012, 02:34 PM

there is a big indoor pitch but i wouldnt say it full size.... maybe 3/4 size

cocopops1875
03-02-2012, 02:39 PM

???

steviehibsleith
03-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Not sure if the thread is for Yams first team . But the acedemy boys are still up there tonight so not sure where the thread comes from.

Before u ask unfortunately a relative is in the U17S and is at Riccarton tonight so this is true.

cocopops1875
03-02-2012, 02:45 PM
there is a big indoor pitch but i wouldnt say it full size.... maybe 3/4 size

It's roughly 1/ 3rd smaller than full size if my maths is up to anything

poolman
03-02-2012, 03:10 PM
???

???

johnrebus
03-02-2012, 03:18 PM
When will we all realise that Hearts fall from grace is just not going to happen? This is so sad, all these pathetic Hibbies waiting on the demise of the BIG team. It will be a long wait, I can tell you.

There is no problem at Riccarton, the pitches are simply frozen, just like their bank accounts....., DAMMIT, DAMMIT!

You see, I can't just stop myself...., helppppppp......,

Oooooh, I just wish that ******* club would die!!!!!!

:timebomb:

:party:

SquashedFrogg
03-02-2012, 03:40 PM
The boys under 9's team were due to take part in the match day experience at the Hearts V Celtic game. As well as getting a wee game on the pitch at half-time they were also due to get a coaching session at Riccarton before hand.

With the match re-scheduled to a mid-week game I was informed that they couldn't provide Riccarton as a venue as it was 'booked-up' by the Uni.

They advised that the coaching session take place at Tynecastle High School instead.

Not brilliant but fair enough we thought. Then I received an email last week advising me that the pitch has been booked by the school and they have priority.

We then told them to stick their match day experience!!

So it seems that the big team are struggling to book a pitch these days :smug:

cocopops1875
03-02-2012, 03:43 PM
???

Didn't understand the point of the link ?

stewthehibee
03-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Hope theyre paying something if they are training there! my lads play for Spartans and i have to pay every month like any other team that use it out with Spartans and all youth teams.

The Green Goblin
03-02-2012, 05:26 PM

Wait. I'm confused. You asked your source, the person who told you about this in the first place, if the rumour he had told you was true and he refused to confirm his own rumour and asked you where you had heard it? I'm not having a go - just trying to figure out your post.

Ta.

poolman
03-02-2012, 05:44 PM

:confused:

cocopops1875
03-02-2012, 06:19 PM

You alright aye ?

Hibernia Na Eir
03-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Saw ronanov on tv he looks deathly thin. Wtf?

Bostonhibby
03-02-2012, 06:50 PM

He's hoping to become an astronaut and his trick cyclist told him if he can fit into a length of drain pipe they will light a fire under it and propel him onto orbit ,everyone knows that astronauts are better than submariners, all big teams are owned by this sort of lunatic :wink:

greenginger
03-02-2012, 07:08 PM
http://en.ria.ru/sports/20120203/171118437.html

Maybe a reason for Vlad looking ill. The Empire is crumbling. :thumbsup:

The Green Goblin
03-02-2012, 07:25 PM

He is starving himself and giving all of his food money to Yambos FC instead. That's why they love him. There's nothing he won't do to help them realise their dream of winning the cha......er......coming 3rd.

down the slope
03-02-2012, 07:44 PM
He's hoping to become an astronaut and his trick cyclist told him if he can fit into a length of drain pipe they will light a fire under it and propel him onto orbit ,everyone knows that astronauts are better than submariners, all big teams are owned by this sort of lunatic :wink:

That is very very funny , the link of another poster is even funnier

Amateur side ?, that's the way for the yams 1.

bawheid
03-02-2012, 07:44 PM
This is a cracking thread IMO.

???

???

You alright aye ?

One of the best exchanges of posts I've seen in a while.

:faf:

snooky
03-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Change in training venues - update .............

East Mains to ER
Riccarton to Pigarton?

Bostonhibby
03-02-2012, 08:22 PM
That is very very funny , the link of another poster is even funnier

Amateur side ?, that's the way for the yams 1.

Jeez, so the Belarus FA are ahead of the SFA, says it all for me. Mind you maybe all the Belarus politicians weren't keen on propping up a bankrupt private business that is an offshoot of a foreign company.

Rattler
03-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Hope theyre paying something if they are training there! my lads play for Spartans and i have to pay every month like any other team that use it out with Spartans and all youth teams.

My neighbour is connected with Spartans and he was telling me this story this morning. Says that Heriot -Watt have finally kicked them out of Riccarton due to non-payment of the facilities being used. Yams approached Spartans and enquired about training facilities. They were pleasantly upfront about it and told Spartans that they would not be in a position to pay for the use of the training facilities, but in return, the Spartans boys would get free tickets etc for a number of Yams games. When it was worked out what the cost of renting them training stuff in comaprison to the alleged cost of the tickets, the ticket cost came out on top. Win win all round.

But why someone would actually want a ticket for the Yams end at PBS is beyond me :confused:

snooky
03-02-2012, 11:02 PM
My neighbour is connected with Spartans and he was telling me this story this morning. Says that Heriot -Watt have finally kicked them out of Riccarton due to non-payment of the facilities being used. Yams approached Spartans and enquired about training facilities. They were pleasantly upfront about it and told Spartans that they would not be in a position to pay for the use of the training facilities, but in return, the Spartans boys would get free tickets etc for a number of Yams games. When it was worked out what the cost of renting them training stuff in comaprison to the alleged cost of the tickets, the ticket cost came out on top. Win win all round.

But why someone would actually want a ticket for the Yams end at PBS is beyond me :confused:

When the end comes they'll both probably morph into Heartans.

Dashing Bob S
04-02-2012, 01:05 AM
When the end comes they'll both probably morph into Heartans.

'...as long as there are 400,000 of us...'

Hibs07p
04-02-2012, 04:53 AM

Maybe a reason for Vlad looking ill. The Empire is crumbling. :thumbsup:

Anyone see a connection between this

Romanov said Minsk Mayor Nikolai Ladutenko, whose City Hall has 25 percent stake in the club after investing $5.3 million, could step in to save the side.
"There’s a government, let them try without me,” he said.

and a partnership with Edinburgh Council?

GGTTH

poolman
04-02-2012, 07:20 AM
This is a cracking thread IMO.

One of the best exchanges of posts I've seen in a while.

:faf:

Why thank you Bawheid :agree:

We aim to please :greengrin

Torto7062
04-02-2012, 07:52 AM
You will find that the **** prob needed training facilitys due to frozen pitches at their place.

Spartans have had other teams train at The Academy like Cowdenbeath,Scotland Mens and Womans Rugby teams as well as many junior an senior teams but more importantly they all have to pay their way.

Hopefully the Gorgie Gypsys pay up lol