PDA

View Full Version : Cambodia

TRC
02-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Going to Cambodia in April and was just wondering if anyone had been. Was there anything I should go and see

pacorosssco
03-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Going to Cambodia in April and was just wondering if anyone had been. Was there anything I should go and see

If you eat Spider . Dont eat the middle . Youll be tripping for hoors. In fact just avoid all parts

CmoantheHibs
03-02-2012, 07:57 PM
I went about 12 years ago the day after the Cambodians had come over to Thailand and done a raid on a refugee camp that had some ex kymer rouge in it.There was a few people killed in the shootout including a Thai army officer.I was told I wouldnt get let in but I managed it.The only proviso was that I had to have an armed guard with me till I reached Siem Reap.I had a brilliant time and absolutely loved it but was very restricted in where I could travel.Ankor Wat, a huge ancient temple complex, just outside Siem Reap is the main attraction.If you go I suggest going for sunrise as its mystical and inspiring.I would also recommend Sihanoukville,a beach resort down south.Phnom Phen had many things of interest also but when I was ther eyou couldnt go out at night or there was a very real chance of being shot.
Nowadays its very different and, although I have never been back, have many friends who go often.The country is now geared up for tourism.Phnom Phen now has a wonderful nightlife and Siem Reap is thriving too.I think thieves and vandalism took their toll on Ankor Wat a few years back but I think it has been restored to its former glory.Ive a friend just back from Sihanoukeville and he loved it.As he is a proffesional moaner, thats quite a compliment.:greengrinAnyway good luck.I think you will have a fantastic holiday.