PDA

View Full Version : Edwin de Graaf

Captain Trips
02-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Just looking at his pre Hibs stats and you really would think you were onto a player, I wonder if he is better than what we saw I assume so and if so what happened. Most folk on here would have signed him I am sure based on his record. Then we have Hurtado who again had a good record before us.

Some players just do not work with a system or manager or even league, I am hopefull that some of PFs signings are good, if he can get 3/5 right that is doing well. I think Claros in midfield may give us some much needed latino passion, any sort of passion is needed, without seeing any of these players I find Claros the most intriguing and hope we have unearthed a gem.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-02-2012, 04:33 PM
The tank was a great player and a prolific goalscorer but by the time he came to hibs he was finished.....probably the same goes for degraff

Northernhibee
02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Just looking at his pre Hibs stats and you really would think you were onto a player, I wonder if he is better than what we saw I assume so and if so what happened. Most folk on here would have signed him I am sure based on his record. Then we have Hurtado who again had a good record before us.

Some players just do not work with a system or manager or even league, I am hopefull that some of PFs signings are good, if he can get 3/5 right that is doing well. I think Claros in midfield may give us some much needed latino passion, any sort of passion is needed, without seeing any of these players I find Claros the most intriguing and hope we have unearthed a gem.

Actually, we've not unearthed a gem, Rangers unearthed a gem and couldn't afford him, so he came to the better club in Hibs.

GIRFUY RANGERS!

Captain Trips
02-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Actually, we've not unearthed a gem, Rangers unearthed a gem and couldn't afford him, so he came to the better club in Hibs.

GIRFUY RANGERS!

I was going to put (cheers Sally) in my original post :greengrin

I look it more as saving him.

Baldy Foghorn
02-02-2012, 04:38 PM
De Graff was woeful, really missed some real sitters which turned the games against us....sure he scored twice at home to Maribor but that was about all he offered IMO

Diclonius
02-02-2012, 04:43 PM
He looked immense in his first game, and ****ing dreadful after that.

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2012, 04:49 PM
The tank was a great player and a prolific goalscorer but by the time he came to hibs he was finished.....probably the same goes for degraff

I remember looking at Hurtardo's record before he came to us and thought he would be the damage. Made Nade look slim :agree:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1730000/images/_1731879_mckennahibs300.jpg

Northernhibee
02-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Was thinking about the pointlessness of EDG, but thought about the potential starting 11 from the CC years (including the brief few months of that season when Yogi was still in charge, with players who started under CC).

Come up with:

-------------------Divis-------------------
Hart-------O'Hanlon-----Thicot----------Grounds
De Graaf---Thornhill------Towell-------Galbraith
---------Duffy--------Agogo---------------

Sure someone can come up with worse, but **** me, when you see the calibre of players PF is aiming at to develop or sign up, it can't be much worse than that...

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Was thinking about the pointlessness of EDG, but thought about the potential starting 11 from the CC years (including the brief few months of that season when Yogi was still in charge, with players who started under CC).

Come up with:

Sure someone can come up with worse, but **** me, when you see the calibre of players PF is aiming at to develop or sign up, it can't be much worse than that...

Gowser must be worth a slot on the bench at least?

Trakis?

Billy Whizz
02-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Gowser must be worth a slot on the bench at least?

Trakis?

Forgot about tracky bottoms

Pretty Boy
02-02-2012, 05:12 PM

Come up with:

Mid table 1st division with that team.

Thank God (Rod) CC has gone!

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Forgot about tracky bottoms

Kappa folk ken whits goan on :agree:

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2012, 06:31 PM

Come up with:

Shows how far the game has fallen in Scotland when you think that line up would probably be strong challengers for the SPL title.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Shows how far the game has fallen in Scotland when you think that line up would probably be strong challengers for the SPL title.

Don't you mean SFL?

Kato
02-02-2012, 06:43 PM
His legs were shot and he was used to being at clubs where the manager is capable of giving coherent instruction.

Alfred E Newman
02-02-2012, 07:40 PM

When you think back to the hype surrounding the De Graaf signing we should all keep our feet on the floor till we actually see these new signings play. As you say they won`t have to be great to be better than we have but I have to be honest and say that before the weekend I had`t heard of any of them.

beensaidbefore
02-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Kappa folk ken whits goan on :agree:

Nearly spat my cuppa out.lol:aok:

IWasThere2016
02-02-2012, 09:43 PM

Come up with:

Trakys was worse than Agogo, as was Cregg poorer than Thornhill IMHO. Smith was a total liability so deserves a start before Divis too. Some proper dross!

Dunbar Hibee
02-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Trakys was worse than Agogo, as was Cregg poorer than Thornhill IMHO. Smith was a total liability so deserves a start before Divis too. Some proper dross!

Cregg > Thornhill

Iain G
02-02-2012, 10:04 PM

In a decent, well set up team I suspect he could have been a good player for us, sitting in and moving the ball around, in Yogi and CC's team he never really had a chance, and his legs seemed to have gone or just wasnt up to the frenetic pace of the SPL...oh well, at least Mr Pitbull knows that it's kick and rush football over here :)

Sir David Gray
02-02-2012, 10:32 PM

Come up with:

Well, that's another sleepless night I've got coming up. :rolleyes:

Cheers for that! :aok:

sahib
02-02-2012, 10:40 PM
When you think back to the hype surrounding the De Graaf signing we should all keep our feet on the floor till we actually see these new signings play. As you say they won`t have to be great to be better than we have but I have to be honest and say that before the weekend I had`t heard of any of them.

At this club the term, "fans favourite" applies to newly signed and unseen players.

GreenCastle
02-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Has he played a game for anyone since leaving Hibs ?

At Excelsior he played 5 when on loan but since then looks like none? :confused: Injured?

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Don't you mean SFL?

I'm taking a bit of license here but that's the closest to a whooooooshhh I'm going to get tonight so I'll take it.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Has he played a game for anyone since leaving Hibs ?

At Excelsior he played 5 when on loan but since then looks like none? :confused: Injured?

He signed for Excelsior a few days after leaving us.

It's the same team that he went to on loan last year.

They're currently bottom of the Dutch league.

HibeeMG
03-02-2012, 05:12 AM
He signed for Excelsior a few days after leaving us.

It's the same team that he went to on loan last year.

They're currently bottom of the Dutch league.

Perfectly describes 'cause and effect'! :wink: