PDA

View Full Version : Training on pitch today

Hibby Bairn
02-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Looking good. A lot more energy, intensity and competitiveness than last time I saw them training. Less "farting" about. :agree:

Golden Bear
02-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Looking good. A lot more energy, intensity and competitiveness than last time I saw them training. Less "farting" about. :agree:

Did they have ice skates on likesay?

:wink:

hibsbollah
02-02-2012, 12:02 PM
On another note, anyone else notice how much better the pitch looks than last winter?

silverhibee
02-02-2012, 12:05 PM

What a waste of money that East Mains is. :greengrin

PatHead
02-02-2012, 12:06 PM
On another note, anyone else notice how much better the pitch looks than last winter?

Sick of all these positive posts. When is Hibs.net going to get back to the pre-Pedantic thread of good old depression and misery. I have enough happyness in my life without everyone on here being cheerful. Petrie get it sorted:confused:

Gatecrasher
02-02-2012, 12:09 PM
:agree:
I thought that at the St Johnstone game, the pitch looked great for this time of year considering we dont have EPL funds to play with. I think they have finally cracked it. All we need is the team to put it to good use

CB_NO3
02-02-2012, 12:12 PM
To be fair, we have had a very mild winter compared to last year.

truehibernian
02-02-2012, 12:47 PM

It's been well fertilized with all the s*** that's been on it recently. I'd expect a bowling green surface :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Nutsy's reputation is that he asks for a really proper shift in training. Shirking will not be tolerated.

A lot of his success with Bohs and Shels against bigger European clubs was based on chasing them down and displaying a strong work ethic.

We will be fitter and sharper.

PISTOL1875
02-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Training on the pitch to get the players used to the new surroundings..

Peevemor
02-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Maybe there are some students who want to use our training centre.

Oh, silly me! - that's the other lot.

Franck Stanton
02-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Maybe there are some students who want to use our training centre.

Oh, silly me! - that's the other lot.

:top marks:thumbsup::top marks

JimBHibees
02-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Training on the pitch to get the players used to the new surroundings..

More likely training on the pitch because of the undersoil heating. Could do with that down at the training centre IMO costly though that no doubt would be.

hibsbollah
02-02-2012, 02:17 PM

True. It was also reseeded last spring which probably helped. In great condition for January certainly.

spike220
03-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Yes they have done well with the pitch I remember the debates last year, and Deeks getting in trouble for slating the playing surface.

GGTTH

PatHead
03-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Guy in the ticket office told me that they had used pitch as PF feels he cannot see the players well enough from the touchline at East Mains in practice games. He sits in the stand with BB where he gets a better view. He understands this will happen regularly.

Must say I like PFs attention to detail.

Eyrie
03-02-2012, 07:39 PM
I always preferred sitting higher up as it gave a better overview of the action and tactics, so I wonder why managers don't do this during actual games, at least for the first half?

I realise that they can't communicate directly with the players from the stand, but they can tell the assistant manager what they want passed on.

Billy Whizz
03-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I thought training at ER was all about getting the new signings getting used to their new surroundings?

MartinfaePorty
03-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Griffiths has no problem hearing 'instructions' from the stand:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2012, 07:42 PM

Been no football played on it so far this season :wink:

Billy Whizz
03-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Been no football played on it so far this season :wink:

Same as Anfield😄

Scouse Hibee
03-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Same as Anfield

Plenty played last weekend :na na:

Billy Whizz
03-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Plenty played last weekend :na na:

dalkeith stu
03-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Guy in the ticket office told me that they had used pitch as PF feels he cannot see the players well enough from the touchline at East Mains in practice games. He sits in the stand with BB where he gets a better view. He understands this will happen regularly.

I'm sure i saw a picture of sir alex one pre season sitting on a chair on what looked like a cherry picker. Looked crazy but i take it thats why he's the best.

NYHibby
03-02-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm sure i saw a picture of sir alex one pre season sitting on a chair on what looked like a cherry picker. Looked crazy but i take it thats why he's the best.

Not that original. Stuff like that is used in American football from time to time.

In fact, I'm surprised that we don't at least have some sort of scaffolding tower at EM already.

snooky
03-02-2012, 11:06 PM

Shanks beat him to it :wink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenbuck_Cherrypickers_F.C.

Tricla
03-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Shanks beat him to it :wink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenbuck_Cherrypickers_F.C.

On playing for the Scotland national team, Shankly remarked "It's fantastic. You look down at your dark blue shirt, and the wee lion looks up at you and says 'Get out after those English *******s!'"

Lol! If only some of our players would adopt that mentality in the derby!

Hibernia Na Eir
04-02-2012, 09:11 AM
every single time I hear PF I can't help but feeling very impressed by him. Simply night and day compared to the last incumbent!

Hibby Bairn
04-02-2012, 09:31 AM

Spot on. Fenlon and Brown were sitting at the rear of the lower tier of the West Stand. Goalie coach was reffing the game and two of the other coaches were watching from the touchline.

After each mini-session of say 10 mins on the full pitch all the coaches including PF and BB met together in the centre of the pitch. The players were in the dugouts now having a drink. Whatever was decided was then relayed by asst coaches to the players and the game restarted. I don't think I saw PF and BB speak to the players directly during all of this.

It was regimented, intensive and the players clearly knew who was in charge.

bigwheel
04-02-2012, 10:32 AM
On playing for the Scotland national team, Shankly remarked "It's fantastic. You look down at your dark blue shirt, and the wee lion looks up at you and says 'Get out after those English *******s!'"

Lol! If only some of our players would adopt that mentality in the derby!

A genuine legend is Shanks....Tommy Doherty tells a story about when he replaced him in midfield at Preston, shanks told him...you are now the best number 4 in the world, just put the shirt on and run around.....it knows what to do...". Superb !

snooky
04-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Spot on. Fenlon and Brown were sitting at the rear of the lower tier of the West Stand. Goalie coach was reffing the game and two of the other coaches were watching from the touchline.

After each mini-session of say 10 mins on the full pitch all the coaches including PF and BB met together in the centre of the pitch. The players were in the dugouts now having a drink. Whatever was decided was then relayed by asst coaches to the players and the game restarted. I don't think I saw PF and BB speak to the players directly during all of this.

It was regimented, intensive and the players clearly knew who was in charge.

Have you got drone?