PDA

View Full Version : Onwards and Upwards in February

HibeeEmma
02-02-2012, 09:06 AM
With the new squad forming, how many points should we expect from the month of February?

4th Feb Hibs - Killie (H) (SCOTTISH CUP)

11th Feb Hibs - Aberdeen (H)

19th Feb Hibs - Celtic (H)

22nd Feb Motherwell - Hibs (A)

25th Feb Killie - Hibs (A)

Mikey_1875
02-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Realisticly I'd be very happy with 5 or 6 points along with a Scottish cup quarter final! I would take 4 points though( with SC quarter final. Anything less points wise is pretty bleak.

truehibernian
02-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Couldn't ask for a tougher February in my opinion.

We are getting Killie on the back of a semi final win, Aberdeen on the back of an unbeaten in 9 run, Celtic top of the league and cruising, Well hitting form again and their frontmen scoring, and then Killie again.

Most important game in that sequence for me is this Saturday in the Cup. Got to start getting wins at home for me.

le bill
02-02-2012, 09:46 AM
12 points and a scottish cup quarter final!
Positivity!
Or blind optimism?
:greengrin

Billy Whizz
02-02-2012, 09:47 AM
A win on Saturday can get the ball rolling

Sir David Gray
02-02-2012, 10:42 AM
On paper, we should be losing every single one of those games.

I just hope that the new players can start to gel quite quickly and we can look to get around 4 or 5 points, plus a place in the 1/4 finals.

StevieC
02-02-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking 4 points and hoping we gob a cup win.

I'm a serious pessimist though (too many years supporting Hibs).

:wink:

Lucius Apuleius
02-02-2012, 10:53 AM
With the new squad forming, how many points should we expect from the month of February?

4th Feb Hibs - Killie (H) (SCOTTISH CUP)

11th Feb Hibs - Aberdeen (H)

19th Feb Hibs - Celtic (H)

22nd Feb Motherwell - Hibs (A)

25th Feb Killie - Hibs (A)

Every single bloody one of them!!!!! 12 and through in the cup.

On paper, we should be losing every single one of those games.

I just hope that the new players can start to gel quite quickly and we can look to get around 4 or 5 points, plus a place in the 1/4 finals.

How the **** do you work that out? You have never seen the new guys play but already "on paper" we should be getting beaten by the sheep etc etc?????? Said it before mate, remind me never to have a pint up the town with you if I meet you.:wink:

Sir David Gray
02-02-2012, 11:03 AM
How the **** do you work that out? You have never seen the new guys play but already "on paper" we should be getting beaten by the sheep etc etc?????? Said it before mate, remind me never to have a pint up the town with you if I meet you.:wink:

We're one point off the bottom of the league, have barely won a match for months and are playing teams that are all well ahead of us in the table.

Although I am excited about seeing all of our new recruits in action and hopeful that they can turn us around, at the moment it's a cautious optimism.

None of us have seen any of those players play before (with the possible exception of O'Donovan when he was at Dundee Utd) and none of us can say for sure how they'll do as a team.

As things stand right now, I don't think we'll be the favourites to win any of our matches in February, which is why I said what I did.

Thankfully football's not played on paper, though, and I hope these new guys can really hit off, starting on Saturday.

Lucius Apuleius
02-02-2012, 11:17 AM
We're one point off the bottom of the league, have barely won a match for months and are playing teams that are all well ahead of us in the table.

Although I am excited about seeing all of our new recruits in action and hopeful that they can turn us around, at the moment it's a cautious optimism.

None of us have seen any of those players play before (with the possible exception of O'Donovan when he was at Dundee Utd) and none of us can say for sure how they'll do as a team.

As things stand right now, I don't think we'll be the favourites to win any of our matches in February, which is why I said what I did.

Thankfully football's not played on paper, though, and I hope these new guys can really hit off, starting on Saturday.

Convoluted logic IMO FH. Where we are is where we are without a doubt. However totally disagree about on paper. On paper it looks like we have a decent team and bien sur we shall be favourites against the sheep at least and possibly the Killie pies as well depending how the other games have gone..

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2012, 11:20 AM
These teams are all poor and will crushed by the mighty Hibernian.

spike220
03-02-2012, 02:45 AM
These teams are all poor and will crushed by the mighty Hibernian.

:top marks
Get stuck into them and give them hell!